Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 5, 2016 11:01 PM

Mar 2016
Who do you think is the smartest character in Detective Conan among these 3: Conan Edogawa/Kudo Shinichi, Shuichi Akai/Subaru Okiya and Rei/Bourbon? I personally think Conan is smarter than both of them. What do u think?

Oct 6, 2016 6:27 AM
Jul 2011
Actually I think Vermouth is smarter then those three.
And let's not forget about Yusaku Kudo.

From what we have seen until now, Akai is always one step before Shinichi, but the former has more creative ideas.
Bourbon is very close too.
megaloadOct 27, 2016 11:26 PM
Oct 12, 2016 12:20 AM

Mar 2016
megaload said:
Actually I think Vermouth is smarter then those three.
And let's not forget about Yusaku Kudo.

From what we have seen until now, Akai is always one step before Shinichi, but the former has more creative ideas.
Okiya is very close too.

How is Vermouth smarter? Also, what about Shukichi Haneda? It's said that Akai's brother is smarter than Akai himself. Thanks!
Oct 12, 2016 2:10 AM
Jul 2011
@xoxowinse
How is Vermouth smarter?

She is always few steps ahead and if Conan, Ai or anyone from the gang is still alive this is because she has plans for them or likes to indulge her precious Silver Bullet-kun.

It's said that Akai's brother is smarter than Akai himself.

Who said that? I don't remember.
Yes, he is really smart but uses all his potential to play shogi. Practically a shogi nerd.
Maybe he has the ability to beat them all at solving logic puzzles, but never got interested in crime investigating or crime fighting/preventing stuff. No practical skills.
Also probably his fighting/self defense skills are way way under his bother's and sister's.

Generally one of the smartest characters but can be outsmarted easily by someone with some psychology/aggression tactics.
Oct 12, 2016 7:40 AM

Mar 2016
megaload said:
@xoxowinse
How is Vermouth smarter?

She is always few steps ahead and if Conan, Ai or anyone from the gang is still alive this is because she has plans for them or likes to indulge her precious Silver Bullet-kun.

It's said that Akai's brother is smarter than Akai himself.

Who said that? I don't remember.
Yes, he is really smart but uses all his potential to play shogi. Practically a shogi nerd.
Maybe he has the ability to beat them all at solving logic puzzles, but never got interested in crime investigating or crime fighting/preventing stuff. No practical skills.
Also probably his fighting/self defense skills are way way under his bother's and sister's.

Generally one of the smartest characters but can be outsmarted easily by someone with some psychology/aggression tactics.
I see I see!! Do you think Conan can one day outsmart Vermouth? I mean he hasn't gained enough experience like Vermouth has right? And he has the potential to grow.
Oct 12, 2016 1:30 PM
Jul 2011
Yeah, shore, why not.
But this story happens in course of one year, so no time for getting much more experience.

Both of them have many advantages. Conan lacks information but he can get it from somewhere. Also he has many friends and associates. Vermouth almost plays solo and the rest the members of BO are devised or not in the best terms.
Oct 27, 2016 5:52 AM

Mar 2016
megaload said:
Yeah, shore, why not.
But this story happens in course of one year, so no time for getting much more experience.

Both of them have many advantages. Conan lacks information but he can get it from somewhere. Also he has many friends and associates. Vermouth almost plays solo and the rest the members of BO are devised or not in the best terms.

Oh I just found out that shukichi Haneda is the middle Brother who is apparently smarter than also and sera.. does this mean he's smarter than Conan?
Oct 27, 2016 12:19 PM
Jul 2011
@haihaig
smarter than Conan

But Conan helped him when the patrol policewoman was kidnapped.
Maybe the shogi champion is smarter but he is easily distracted under pressure unlike Shinichi.
Oct 27, 2016 5:08 PM

Mar 2016
megaload said:
@haihaig
smarter than Conan

But Conan helped him when the patrol policewoman was kidnapped.
Maybe the shogi champion is smarter but he is easily distracted under pressure unlike Shinichi.
I see I see, so overall shinichi would technically be more intelligent than him in terms of solving cases? Also, in the Yusaku Cold Case episode, it was Subaru Okiya who had to give conan a hint in order for conan to solve the case. Does this mean he is smarter than Conan?
Oct 27, 2016 11:48 PM
Jul 2011
We already have talked about Conan vs Akai.
Experience and FBI training certainly helps (lately in the manga we see that he was keen to solve mysteries even before that) so Akai is currently the better detective but sometimes Shinichi has the better ideas.

Conan always takes hints, clues and observations from other people even from unlikely sources like Detective Boys (and girls) or Sonoko. He gathers all the information, makes the connections and finally sees the whole picture.
Sometimes other detectives have figured it out before him, but sometimes he uses their partial conclusions to ultimately solve the case.
Oct 28, 2016 5:03 AM

Mar 2016
megaload said:
We already have talked about Conan vs Akai.
Experience and FBI training certainly helps (lately in the manga we see that he was keen to solve mysteries even before that) so Akai is currently the better detective but sometimes Shinichi has the better ideas.

Conan always takes hints, clues and observations from other people even from unlikely sources like Detective Boys (and girls) or Sonoko. He gathers all the information, makes the connections and finally sees the whole picture.
Sometimes other detectives have figured it out before him, but sometimes he uses their partial conclusions to ultimately solve the case.

Ah I see, so who would you rank as the top smartest characters?
Oct 28, 2016 6:05 AM
Jul 2011
Yusaku Kudo and Vermouth.
Followed by Akai and Bourbon.
Then Gin, Shinichi, Heiji, Shukichi, Heizo Hattori (Heiji's father), Ginshiro Toyama (Kazuha's father) and Kaitou Kid.
After them Sera (maybe Mary is better then her), Kansuke Yamato, Takaaki Morofushiect, Hyoue Kurod (he possible belongs to the upper group), Eri Kisaki (Ran's mother), Yukiko Kudo (Shinichi's mother), Shizuka Hattori (Heiji's mother), James Black ect.
It's a long list, a lot of smart people in this show.
And I am not including Magic Kaito characters like Toichi and Chikage Kuroba or Saguru Hakuba. The last one appears on Conan and is equal to Shinichi and Heiji but it's an episodic role.

There are also some unknown players - like The Boss and Rum.
Oct 28, 2016 3:21 PM

Mar 2016
megaload said:
Yusaku Kudo and Vermouth.
Followed by Akai and Bourbon.
Then Gin, Shinichi, Heiji, Shukichi, Heizo Hattori (Heiji's father), Ginshiro Toyama (Kazuha's father) and Kaitou Kid.
After them Sera (maybe Mary is better then her), Kansuke Yamato, Takaaki Morofushiect, Hyoue Kurod (he possible belongs to the upper group), Eri Kisaki (Ran's mother), Yukiko Kudo (Shinichi's mother), Shizuka Hattori (Heiji's mother), James Black ect.
It's a long list, a lot of smart people in this show.
And I am not including Magic Kaito characters like Toichi and Chikage Kuroba or Saguru Hakuba. The last one appears on Conan and is equal to Shinichi and Heiji but it's an episodic role.

There are also some unknown players - like The Boss and Rum.

Thanks for your list! So Akai and Bourbon is above Conan due to experience and police training or just plain deductive abilities and how smart they are?
Oct 29, 2016 8:35 AM
Jul 2011
Yep.
One day he will beat them ;)))
Oct 31, 2016 5:41 AM

Mar 2016
megaload said:
Yep.
One day he will beat them ;)))

Yay haha waiting for that day lol. But I think when Conan reaches Subaru's age he'll technically be smarter than Subaru was at that age :) Since Subaru is smarter than Conan due to police training and experience :)
Nov 4, 2016 4:23 PM
Feb 2015
Smartest Character is: Shinchi's Father and Kaito Kid's Father By Far
then it goes like:Conan,Akai,Hattori,Kaito Kid,Gin,Akai's second brother,Bourbon,Akai's Mother are somewhere together with maybe the first 4 i mentioned being the smartest, After that it's Akai's sister (wont mention the 18 year old detective from england because not sure how smart he is)
Dec 16, 2016 7:42 PM
Dec 2016
Bourbon >= Akai = Conan
Bourbon seems to be slightly smarter than both Conan and Akai. Akai appears to be slightly better as a detective than Conan but Conan has better ideas and plans than Akai.
I don't know why people consider Vermouth to be smarter than them. She just happens to have advantage other BO members by knowing about age regression.
Dec 16, 2016 7:46 PM

Feb 2015
OP, what you sayin'? Conan is the smartest, his the protagonist for a reason...

Dec 16, 2016 7:50 PM
Feb 2015
_Ako_ said:
OP, what you sayin'? Conan is the smartest, his the protagonist for a reason...

are you for real or just trolling?
Jun 24, 2017 10:21 PM

Jan 2012
Yusaku Kudo

Shinichi is always outsmarting everyone... only for Yusaku to always show him up whenever he's involved.

Yusaku Kudo > Shinichi Kudo > Rei Furuya > Shuuichi Akai > Mary Sera > Vermouth > Shukichi Haneda > Kaitou Kid > Heizo Hattori > Heiji Hattori > Masumi Sera > Gin > Hidemi Hondou > [Other FBI/CIA] > Kansuke Yamato > Ai Haibara > [Other Black Organization] > Eri Kisaki > Yukiko Kudo > [Other Japanese Police] > [Other Civilian] > Vodka > Kogoro Mouri > Misao Yamamura > Genta Kojima

NyaaJun 24, 2017 10:50 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 957 Discussion

dbaranyi - Oct 19, 2019

6 by animefan8800 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 700 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Jun 15, 2013

36 by Elyshion »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 11 Discussion

Jawaese - Aug 17, 2010

33 by xiao_li »»
Apr 16, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1119 Discussion

hai_X_is - Apr 6

8 by jcadle »»
Apr 14, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 1100 Discussion

hai_X_is - Oct 14, 2023

5 by AnimeLover813 »»
Apr 14, 3:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.