Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 9, 2016 4:00 AM

Jul 2012
I was wondering where the blacks, mexicans, indians and other asians were..............ethnic cleansing, hmmm.

Also, bad parenthood resulted in betrayal. They were probably too busy with the resistance they forgot to bond with their kid.
Oct 9, 2016 4:29 AM

Jul 2012
Man gotta wait 1 month to hear the rest of the story. Sucks to be us...

Anyway Mind = Blown
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2016 4:58 AM

Oct 2015
A thoroughly enjoyable chapter that explains not only the history of the world but also the enemies' motives. I wouldn't be upset if the Titan power's origin is never scientifically explained but actually left to the lore Grisha read about.
Oct 9, 2016 5:20 AM

Jun 2015
Rightio, so Grisha was a shifter before he ate Frieda so that means that out of the original 9, there are 8 Titans left.

1. Progenitor Titan- Frieda Reiss--->Grisha---->Eren
2. ??? - Grisha Jager---> Eren (Rogue Titan-Basically 2 Titans in 1 now)
3. ???
4. Beast Titan- Zeke
5. Colossal Titan- Bertolt--> Armin
6. Armoured Titan- Reiner
7. Female Titan-Annie
8. Dancing Titan- Ymir
9. ???

Number 3 and 9 are the only ones we don't know about now. I've heard that a few people think the Quadruple Titan is a Shifter, but I think he's just a Titan who can speak a little, like Connie's mother could.
InkleinOct 9, 2016 6:31 AM
Oct 9, 2016 6:22 AM

Nov 2013
this chapter was such a mess im so confused ,like wtf is Elodia and is the Paradi island the place where the action is happening with Eren and the rest? Since it said that there were 3 walls build there , and what in the ever loving fuck is that explanation that Ymir got her titan powers from the devil like............. i dont get any of this
Oct 9, 2016 6:31 AM

Oct 2013
necronice said:
this chapter was such a mess im so confused ,like wtf is Elodia and is the Paradi island the place where the action is happening with Eren and the rest? Since it said that there were 3 walls build there , and what in the ever loving fuck is that explanation that Ymir got her titan powers from the devil like............. i dont get any of this

It's just a mythology explanation don't take the devil stuff literally, whoever this devil is suppose to be is the real mastermind behind the series. Everything will be explain by psuedo science, we already know about the syringe turning humans into titan. Its from a book that grisha family had.

Elodia are people from paladi island aka people inside the walls our snk world. And some where left behind in the outside world, eg Grisha his family and everyone that has those arm band with the leaf symbol around their hand. Basically it's eldia vs marley people.
keragammingOct 9, 2016 6:39 AM
Oct 9, 2016 6:34 AM

Nov 2013
keragamming said:
necronice said:

It's just a mythology explanation don't take the devil stuff literally, whoever this devil is suppose to be is the real mastermind behind the series. Everything will be explain by psuedo science, we already know about the syringe turning humans into titan. Its from a book that grisha family had.

Elodia are people from paladi island aka people inside the walls our snk world. And some where left behind in the outside world. Basically it's elodia vs mare people.

ight so Mare is where Grisha is from yes?
Oct 9, 2016 6:40 AM

Oct 2013
necronice said:
keragamming said:

Elodia are people from paladi island aka people inside the walls our snk world. And some where left behind in the outside world. Basically it's elodia vs mare people.

ight so Mare is where Grisha is from yes?

That's correct. I have huge theory that I'm writing right now that will blow everyone's mind. If it turns out to be true.
Oct 9, 2016 7:47 AM

Jul 2008
What an informative chapter. From the looks of things, the elodians within the wall are fighting against their own kind outside the wall. How the elodians outside and within the wall turned into mindless titans still baffles me which I think have something to do with Mare. With that being said, I think the gang of titan shifters (zeke, reiner, annie, bertholt etc) are not from within the walls but are raised from Mare's side because they wouldn't have gone against their own kind otherwise.
Oct 9, 2016 8:06 AM
Jan 2016
Reading most of these theories and WOW, do they make sense.

I think it is highly possible that eldians have titan blood in themselves, and somehow can be triggered.

My theory (or maybe someone else's, dunno, stopped reading after 2nd page) :
All eldians have titan blood in them, meaning they can transform one-way into titans, but they need some sort of trigger for them to become mindless titans. That's maybe why Zeke can turn folks on Paradis island into titans - they are all Eldian with titan blood in them. Maybe his power wouldn't work if he tried to turn Mare people into titans, because their blood is different from Eldians. Maybe with that power (whoever was the previous owner of Zeke's titan) Mares sent people to roam outside of Paradis walls already as titans, tho I still don't get it how was Grisha able to shift back... He was shifter before he stole the coordinate power, so something must have happened... maybe he was unknowingly one of the 9 titans?

Also back to Zeke : During the last fight (the one in which sourvey corps almost killed Zeke, Reiner and stole the power from Berthold), when Erwin (rip ;_;) was standing on top of the wall and noticed Zeke with the dog titan (the one which carried barrels), suddenly there were smoke trails or small explosions from both Zeke's sides before the titans appeared in line. Where would Zeke get people to transform into titans? What if those people were Eldians either freshly sent from Mares, or he somehow found enough folks who still roamed outside the walls? But then again, how come they were perfectly standing in line when Zeke transformed them? I highly doubt they just agreed to stand still until he transformed them. (maybe they were tied to a pole or something, or maybe they didn't have to be alive to be transformed? that doesn't sound believable... uuugh, so many posibilities ;_;)

EDIT : Found the page with the small explosions.
http://i10.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/74/shingeki-no-kyojin-6305575.jpg
http://i10.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/74/shingeki-no-kyojin-6305581.jpg
Viliam1337Oct 9, 2016 8:17 AM
Oct 9, 2016 8:39 AM

Mar 2014

This revelation is mind blowing
Oct 9, 2016 8:50 AM

Jul 2013
I'd rather have a mythological explanation than a scientific one since it fits the story and the universe more , also a scientific explanation would look like an asspull just like what happened with Reiner months ago
Oct 9, 2016 9:12 AM
Oct 2016
Does anyone else remember Armin telling Eren that his parents were going to the outside world? I've been wondering about that for some time now, and this chapter makes me wonder even more, why? I don't think they were soldiers.
Oct 9, 2016 10:03 AM

Oct 2007
Guys we know nothing yet.

There is basically 2 sides that hate eachother and both sides have their own version of history.

Both can be wrong and we have yet to see the full story.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2016 11:48 AM

Mar 2014
After reading the proper translations, I am led to one question. Why did Eren's father think it made sense to give eren the coordinate? He already stole the power from the Reiss family, he was more experienced and he retained knowledge of the outside world so it would have been better if he stayed alive.

I am thinking that the people inside the walls have lost one of their two titans. Rod Reiss was the 2nd titan and he was killed, while Eren was the first with the coordinate power.

zal said:
lol, this is becoming ridiculous. At least I had a nice laugh at this mess.

what's messy about it?
Oct 9, 2016 12:07 PM

Jun 2015
sullynathan said:
After reading the proper translations, I am led to one question. Why did Eren's father think it made sense to give eren the coordinate? He already stole the power from the Reiss family, he was more experienced and he retained knowledge of the outside world so it would have been better if he stayed alive.

I am thinking that the people inside the walls have lost one of their two titans. Rod Reiss was the 2nd titan and he was killed, while Eren was the first with the coordinate power.

I thought Rod Reiss was just an abnormal Titan. He didn't transform by causing pain to himself, he licked the spilt contents of the titan serum that Historia smashed on the ground back in Chapter 66 I think.

In regards to your question about Grisha, I think that he was too consumed with grief after losing yet more family, and maybe he wanted someone who hadn't been tainted by the history of the outside world to gain that knowledge.
Those are the only ways I can think to explain it right now,
Oct 9, 2016 12:23 PM

May 2015
sullynathan said:
zal said:
lol, this is becoming ridiculous. At least I had a nice laugh at this mess.

what's messy about it?
Are you Mkim with another account or you just have the same avatar and signature?

Some part of it was caused by me skimming through this infodump.
Other part of this mess is: the pseudo-jewish-nazi situation in the main city, the devil propaganda, the original titan and his descendants, him going out of the city despite knowing the rules, the blatant victimization of the sister to make us empathize with him, the kid betraying the parents and the overall excessive complexity that give the sensation of being a good story.

Having many twists one after the other is detrimental for me (one of the main reason I dislike Nanatsu no Taizai). The walls protect people from the titans, but actually is the king that doesn't want people to go outside, but actually the king is a fake king, but actually the true king is the father of one of our comrades, but actually the humanity is not on the brink of extinction and the titan race is ostracised in pseudo-gettos because they are evil, but actually the titan race is good, but actually the titan race is bad, but actually whatever next "revelation/infodump" the story has.

I don't even try to question the reasoning or the logic of the show because the author is willingly restricting information in order to have other twists in the future that make most theories useless.

I might have forgotten some of the twist since I don't care that much anymore about this manga but only want to see its damn end.
zalOct 9, 2016 12:27 PM
Oct 9, 2016 1:02 PM

Oct 2013
zal said:
sullynathan said:

what's messy about it?
Are you Mkim with another account or you just have the same avatar and signature?

Other part of this mess is: the pseudo-jewish-nazi situation in the main city, the devil propaganda, the original titan and his descendants, him going out of the city despite knowing the rules, the blatant victimization of the sister to make us empathize with him, the kid betraying the parents and the overall excessive complexity that give the sensation of being a good story.

Having many twists one after the other is detrimental for me (one of the main reason I dislike Nanatsu no Taizai). The walls protect people from the titans, but actually is the king that doesn't want people to go outside, but actually the king is a fake king, but actually the true king is the father of one of our comrades, but actually the humanity is not on the brink of extinction and the titan race is ostracised in pseudo-gettos because they are evil, but actually the titan race is good, but actually the titan race is bad, but actually whatever next "revelation/infodump" the story has.

I don't even try to question the reasoning or the logic of the show because the author is willingly restricting information in order to have other twists in the future that make most theories useless.

I might have forgotten some of the twist since I don't care that much anymore about this manga but only want to see its damn end.

Lol, it's pretty clear that we are getting both side of the story with different version of the story, with some having contradiction ect.

Peralisc said:
Guys we know nothing yet.

There is basically 2 sides that hate eachother and both sides have their own version of history.

Both can be wrong and we have yet to see the full story.

^ like what Peralisc said. What you are saying isn't a flaw in the series that's the point the author is showing. Pay more attention mate.

Basically, we still don't know the true story, the only thing we know for sure is that there is some truth to both side of the story. Smh

This is good example of people just having a different perspective, you're just looking at this the wrong way without even realising or seeing the bigger picture.
keragammingOct 9, 2016 1:10 PM
Oct 9, 2016 1:06 PM

Mar 2014
zal said:
sullynathan said:

what's messy about it?

I am not Mkim.

I don't see this as a Jewish-nazi anything. The devil thing just seems like a myth from a time long forgotten. The sister thing was more of motivation for him to hate the government than for us to be sympathetic towards him, we barely saw her afterall.

From the very beginning of the manga, we've known that characters have alluded to the wall being a cage and not for protection. Eren blabbered about it on and on within the first chapter. The figurehead king was obviously not a twist because the manga passed it off as new info.
The story has been brewing all of this within the fist 20 chapters when we knew that there were titan shifters and people working against the people in the walls.

Every story has an author willing restricting info. It takes time till you know everything about a story.
sullynathanOct 9, 2016 2:13 PM
Oct 9, 2016 1:45 PM

Jan 2015
Ymir Fritz made a deal with the devil. This is probably just a mythological/religious propaganda from the Eldians or a way to antagonize the Eldian's by the Mares.

It's still a big question who our Ymir is. IMO she is either the reincarnation of the original Ymir, the original Ymir herself, or her successor. Remember that every titan around the walls are Eldians sent there as punishment by the Mares. The titan that met Ilse (who looked just like Ymir) recognized her and thought she was Ymir.

The identical name is definitely not proof Ymir Fritz and our Ymir is the same. Considering the whole religious tone of the Eldian backstory, Ymir can be a popular name they give to Eldian children. Just like how Europeans named their children after Christian saints or how muslims name their kids Mohammed.

The Eldians, according to the Mares, used their titan powers to oppress the Mares and raped them to make more children (which also brings up the subject that the Eldians are also Mares since the two groups interbred). A tribal war broke out between the different Eldian tribes and the Mares used this opportunity to steal seven of the titan powers. Using this power, they defeated the Eldians and the royal family with it's supporters fled to Paradi Island (Madagascar).

This brings up another theory. Dinna Fritz said that she was the last member of the royal Eldians in Mare, and that her family stayed behind while the rest left for Paradi. The negative way she talked about those who left made me think. What if that those who stayed were one tribe of Eldians and those who left were the another, the two tribes that started a war that led to the defeat of all Eldians?

So the Mares forced the remaining Eldians to live in ghettos and brainwashed them. Grisha wishes to see a zeppelin that's located on a forbidden side of the city for Eldians. Two guards catch them and one stays behind to beat the crap out of Grisha while the other murders her sister with guard dogs.

It's interesting to note that the guard who stayed with Grisha showed sympathy for him twice: Once when he allowed Grisha to watch the zeppelin with him and the second time when he looked really sorry for what happened to her sister. This made a lot of fans think he was actually the "Owl", the spy among the Mare government that supports the Eldian rebels.

Another theory is that Annie's father is the spy. We don't know when Annie left for her mission (reminder: she left later than Bertholt and Reiner since she wasn't part of their group originally, or she was part of another group), but if she left prior to Grisha's banishment, then that would explain Annie's final conversation with her father. He told her that "he was wrong", which can mean that he realized what the Mares actually did behind the scenes, and that's when he switched sides and started spying for the Eldians.

Also note that the smiling titan that murdered Eren's mother looks just like Dinna, Grisha's first wife. Considering that it's been shown in canon that even mindless titans can retain some of their memories (like Connie's titanified mother greeting him), it's more than likely the smiling titan was Dinna.

We also don't know how advanced Mare technology is right now. We now know they were around WW1-WW2 technology before Grisha's banishment, but it's been 30-50 years since then. Also, in one of the previous chapters Zeke was wearing a hoodie, which is definitely younger than WW2 fashion.

What happened to the royalty in Paradi (The Walls)? According to Grisha the original Eldian royal family was the Fritz, but according to what Historia said the original rulers of the Walls were the Reiss who only created "King Fritz" as a pawn. Who the hell are the Fritz and who are the Reiss, then?

Who are the 9 titan shifters?
Original setup: Mare: Reiner (Armored), Bertholt (Colossal), Annie (Hardening), Marcel (Dancing), Zeke (Beast). They have seven, so one is missing.
Paradi: Coordinate (Reiss dynasty? Fritz dynasty?). The other one is missing.
Current setup: Mare: Reiner, Annie (MiA), Zeke
Paradi: Coordinate (Eren), Unknown ability (Eren), Armin (Colossal)
Neutral: Ymir (Dancing)

We know that Grisha must've eaten another shifter, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to turn back into a human. Which means that prior to giving Eren the serum, he had two shifter powers. No matter how I look at it, two powers are still missing.

Reiner and Bertholt's view on the walled people makes sense now. They were brainwashed from a young age to believe that the walled people are evil scum that needs to be eradicated. Reiner's schizo dilemma also makes more sense now: Before this reveal we all thought Reiner switched between his warrior and soldier persona because he got closer to the walled people and felt a connection with them. But now it is clear that his dilemma was about whether he was a warrior (fighting for the Mare) or a soldier (an actual Eldian).

Their behavior is also like a brainwashed person's. Even if they realize what they were told was not true (them realizing the walled people weren't evil monsters), they still cannot let go of the idea that was brainwashed into their mind (they must be eradicated).

How did the Paradi monarch manage to get so many titans inside the walls? Assuming he could order them using the power of the coordinate, he should've been able to control all the mindless titans, but we know that's not true otherwise the titans never would've been a threat.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ymir Fritz sounds so stupid. I can tell Isayama just Google'd "World War 2" and implemented a bunch of stuff from that. The similarities to Nazi Germany and the Jews must be intentional. In that case Annie's big nose was a foreshadowing.

I'm surprised we didn't find Anne Frank's journal in the basement.

Overall, it was a great chapter. I'm 100% sure something is wrong with this whole situation though. I suspect there was no devil, the Eldians weren't that evil, the Mares weren't completely innocent and there's something real shady about the Fritz/Reiss families as well.
Oct 9, 2016 1:48 PM

Oct 2013
@ZAL let me completely destroy your other criticism as well.

"him going out of the city despite knowing the rules"

Have you ever heard of human curiosity? He is a child, are you telling me you follow every rules since you were a child? Just like how people are being killed for not following the rules at a safari park were the rules clearly say don't come out of your cars or wine down your windows, but yet people still do it and lose their life. Its the sane concept!

Are you trying to say that Grisha a kid that didn't follow the rules is a flaw in this story? Is this really a criticism?

"the kid betraying the parents and the overall excessive complexity that give the sensation of being a good story."

You do know that Zeke aka beast titan you probably didn't even know that as well spend two years Training to become a warrior before snitching on his parents, it didn't just happen right away, who knows what he learn during those two years. Were you brain dead while reading the manga?? Lol

We already talk about the devil stuff, I won't even go there.

@sullynathan

I honestly believe Zal false critism is a mixture of not paying attention to the series/misunderstanding stuff in it. Just like how you had to correct him on simple stuff that Grisha sister dying wasn't meant for the viewers to emphasize with him, bonus point if that works though but instead as a motivation for his motive for joining the revolutionist and hating the government.

Honestly I doubt his opinion will change, he has misunderstand the series since the begining and unless he re read the series from the begining to have a better understanding of the plot, he will just become more and more lost as the the plot goes on, hence can't understand plot = the series being "shit"

He is like a student that didn't pay attention in class and now he is lost and we now will have to try and help him understand it.

As the old saying. "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink" which is sad and frustrating at the same time. Sigh! Honestly you make the same mistakes like thatanimesnob, misunderstanding the author intention, and literally pointing out stuff that isn't actually a flaw, you are truly one of his sheeps! He has taught you well!
keragammingOct 9, 2016 2:06 PM
Oct 9, 2016 2:47 PM

Dec 2008
Convoluted af info dump and the pacing was terrible in this chapter... disappointed.
skapuppetOct 9, 2016 2:52 PM
Oct 9, 2016 3:26 PM

Oct 2013
skapuppet said:
Convoluted af info dump and the pacing was terrible in this chapter... disappointed.

What site did you read the chapter? Because some sites has the pages mix up/missing, and that could be the reason why the pacing felt terrible and convulted to you.

Because there was nothing convulted about it, just a lot of info to process.
Oct 9, 2016 5:53 PM
Jan 2010
Im new in this forum, but a have many ideas about this chap, its important know berthold, annie and reiner are Eldein sons too, but are in the Marley side of the war, same side of zeck. In the end, the people of walls are only a manipulate mass.
Oct 9, 2016 7:03 PM

May 2014
grisha. TRAVELLED. IN. TIME.
Oct 9, 2016 7:48 PM
Mar 2016
Zeke is Grisha's son?? Why the hell Zeke looks older than Grisha?

But a really good chapter, the revelation.
Oct 9, 2016 8:31 PM

Aug 2015
Wow, I'm impressed. This is nothing like I was expecting and I'm now really looking forward to seeing the rest of this backstory/history.
Oct 9, 2016 8:35 PM

Aug 2016
The recent chapter update felt like the Divergent series.
Too much information, I think I'm going to re-read so that I can understand the history of stuffs and stuffs.
Oct 9, 2016 9:26 PM

Mar 2016
holy crap I am so overwhelmed with the information we were given this chapter. I just can't believe that all these years of making theories and wondering has come to an end (For the most part). FINALLY the origin of the titans are revealed! I'm curious about Ymir's connection to Ymir fritz? I mean the name being the same definitely draws some attention.
Oct 9, 2016 9:56 PM

May 2008
A lot of very important reveals and 50% of the questions we've always had have been answered.
Oct 9, 2016 10:19 PM
Jul 2018
I for one am really happy at the direction Isayama's taking things. I know people will be mad, but he's sticking to his original ideas (at least as much as we can work out) and I appreciate that. He's not dumbing things down or whatever just because the series got popular.

This is super exciting. I'm sure there's much, much more to the story than what's been revealed here, honestly. Given that the narrator is Grisha, it's only the story from one perspective and he's, well, Grisha.

For now I'm on Zeke's side, at least until Eren decides his stance. I'm expecting some BSOD/PTSD and for him to get fucked up by all this info. If he does the typical shounen protagonist thing of "I'VE MADE UP MY MIND INSTANTLY I KNOW WHAT I'M GONNA DO!!!!", I'll be disappointed, but he's done that before, so it wouldn't be OOC.

Also, fuck Grisha. Bastard deserved so much worse than what ended up happening to him. Eren and Zeke did nothing wrong, and they (and Carla) deserved much better. Grisha needs to rot in hell where he belongs.

As for the last remaining shifter, it's probably Zackley. I also think Pixis is Night Owl, or he's at the very least someone with connections. I don't trust those two at any rate. And Ymir is probably the original Ymir or some shit.
Oct 10, 2016 1:40 AM

Mar 2014
I think Zeke looks old because he is hairy, not because he is all that old. Should be in his 20s.

The chapter can feel convoluted because there is a lot of info.
Oct 10, 2016 3:18 AM

Aug 2012
leinaj said:
Zeke is Grisha's son?? Why the hell Zeke looks older than Grisha?

But a really good chapter, the revelation.
A beard can make a man look a lot older.
Oct 10, 2016 5:29 AM

Jan 2010
Man oh man... I haven't been hyped for an Attack on Titan chapter like this one in a long time and boy did it deliver.

So much information it's hard to figure out where to start. Grisha's past is extremely sad, especially what happened to Faye. I can definitely say the authors does a great job with these traumatic scenes and upbringing. I sympathise with Grisha's feelings towards his father but everything else is so gray it's hard to know who to root for at this point.

Now the next question is what does this mean for the people inside the walls? The Scouting Legion final knows they are not the last of humanity but they may still be persecuted if they try to re-enter society. What will the Scouting Legion do with this information? Do they keep it a secret our go public? Do they go to war with Mare (already seems to be underway) or do they stay safely within the walls? I'm quite interested in all the new developments and seeing how these issues are resolved.

It seems to me that Zeke is following through with whatever Mare had planned. The thing about being sent to heaven actually seems to mean being turned into the mindless Titans. So I have to wonder if Grisha was like Ymir (from the 104th) and ate a shifter? I wonder where the mindedness titans come from or how they are made? Is it possible that is the last Titan shifters ability (see below)?

Damn that was a hell of a twist I surely didn’t see that shit coming! So Zeke and Eren are half brothers…never saw that coming. Uncle maybe but half brother blew my mind. I am waiting on better translation because some of the history could possibly make more sense. I'm thinking that coexistence is going to be a major theme going forward

Overall an amazing chapter so much to talk about again! So hyped for the next chapter and more information!

ILikeTurtles said:
So there are 9 titan shifters in this world. Let's recap who they are:

Reiner (Armor Titan)
Ymir (Small Titan)
Annie (Female Titan)
Zeke (Beast Titan)
Bertholt > Armin (Colossal Titan)
Frieda > Grisha > Eren (Coordinate Titan)
Grisha > Eren (Big Titan)
?
?

Let's not forget Grisha and Frieda both had shifting abilities at some point and Grisha just fused both them to transmit them to Eren, meaning there are probably only 8 titan shifters left now.

What if someone (a regular Titan or a Shifter) ate all of the Titan Shifters, wouldn't he become just like the original Titan they speak of in this chapter?

Here is a little something I'd like you all to help me out with because I certainly don't have the answer.

We know now that there are only 9 titan shifters with 9 separate abilities.
We know a few of them and their abilities.

1. Colossal Titan – Bertolt now Armin
2. Armored Titan – Reiner
3. Unknown Titan - Eren Yager
4. Female (Hardening) Titan – Annie
5. Ape Titan – Zeke
6. Dancing Titan – Marcel now Ymir
7. Pack Mule Titan (Don’t know what to call him) – Unknown
8. Unknown - Unknown
9. Coordinate Titan – Reiss family now Eren Yager

My question is now that Eren’s father ate the Daughter who had the Coordinate power does that mean that there are only 8 Titans now instead of 9?
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Oct 10, 2016 7:02 AM

Jun 2013
HOLY SH*T!?!?! FORGOT THE SECRET CIVIL WAR BETWEEN ELDIAN AND MARLEY!!! FORGOT EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS NEW WORLD!!! THEY ARE NOTHING COMPARED TO FACT THAT WAR LEADER ZEKE IS HALF-BROTHER OF EREN!!!! HOLY SHIT THAT WAS THE BIGGEST THINGS THAT FLOORED ME AFTER READING THIS CHAPTER

One other Hand...this was some freaking good World Building! Worth of the Waiting!

Now JUST One Question remains...that is Important at Current Setting...rest of the questions are secondary....If Zeke is here and War Leader of the Shifters....does that mean....Bertold, Annie and Reiner are Part of the Marley MILITARY!? Or are they members of Remnants of Eldian Resurrection Party? AKA Grisha's Party that was betrayed by his own Son.

Yeah if they are so long for any chance for the Peace....Marley Goverment sure as hell will not want Peace with remnants of Eldian Royalty.

Next Chapter will be Horrible. They will be left into Paradise Island...full of Titans and Far form Walls....it will be a Slaughter.
JarjaxleOct 10, 2016 7:07 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Oct 10, 2016 7:03 AM
Sep 2016
logic340 said:

5. Ape Titan – Zeke
8. Unknown - Unknown

My question is now that Eren’s father ate the Daughter who had the Coordinate power does that mean that there are only 8 Titans now instead of 9?

You guys here are not paying attention to the leader of the rebelling eldians. His name is "Owl" and he never appeared physically in the flashback. I dont think he has been caught by the Marleys. I suspect that he is the one with a Titan Power that we haven't seen yet.
Oct 10, 2016 7:18 AM

Jun 2013
sim0n2170 said:
Rio_Pascua said:
Who else thinks that Geisha's first wife is the Titan that ate Carla in the beginning? The one Eren destroyed in Chapter 50. The design looked alike enough. Hahaha I'm sorry XD
Same, a lot of these people in this chapter have titan looking faces back during the Battle of Trost arc

SO I was correct to start thinking...was these guys people that are going to be Titans we see earlier in series.

Wouldn't be surprised if these guys really became titans
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Oct 10, 2016 7:59 AM

Jan 2010
csb123 said:
logic340 said:

5. Ape Titan – Zeke
8. Unknown - Unknown

You guys here are not paying attention to the leader of the rebelling eldians. His name is "Owl" and he never appeared physically in the flashback. I dont think he has been caught by the Marleys. I suspect that he is the one with a Titan Power that we haven't seen yet.
IDK what my post had to do with missing out on who the final Titan Power was but ok. I like the idea of "Owl" being the final Titan and thank you for bringing that possibility to my attention. What about my question though?

Now that Grisha ate the Reiss daughter who was the Progenitor does that mean there are only 8 Titans left instead of 9?

Oct 10, 2016 10:46 AM
Sep 2016
logic340 said:
csb123 said:

IDK what my post had to do with missing out on who the final Titan Power was but ok. I like the idea of "Owl" being the final Titan and thank you for bringing that possibility to my attention. What about my question though?

Now that Grisha ate the Reiss daughter who was the Progenitor does that mean there are only 8 Titans left instead of 9?

I just used your post because it had a nice list of all the known Titan powers. To your question about the number of Titans: Im not sure myself so i can't give you an answer.
Oct 10, 2016 10:54 AM

Jan 2010
csb123 said:
logic340 said:

I just used your post because it had a nice list of all the known Titan powers. To your question about the number of Titans: Im not sure myself so i can't give you an answer.
Sorry if my response sounded rude that wasn't my intention. I don't know either the question I asked is the most confusing part to me. Also how do they make the mindless titans? Is it one of the abilities of the other Titans they have under their control or is it something any titan shifter can do? This chapter brought up a lot of great questions, theories, and scenarios. I was really thinking it was headed for the conclusion but now it feels like this series could carry on for a very long time if they so wanted.

Oct 10, 2016 11:17 AM
Oct 2016
Hello, first post here.

A couple of questions, I guess?

Grisha certainly had a shifter snack to return to human form.

His age difference vs zeke show that he should wonder aimlessly on paradi island for some time.
Because he and zeke show to be of close age instead of father and son (though he was not very old when he had zeke).

He could wonder a-la ymir and not age while in mindless titan form. That would also mean that he wasn't a part of the trost gang of titans that looked like his friends from the revolution as noted (smiling titan like his wife etc). So was he sent there BEFOREHAND for some reason? Ishiyama may have left an intentional gap there: If he was, why wasn't the smiling titan as well (donna or what is his ex wife name) for example? Could it be that grisha was sent beforehand, made a pact with the mare goverment but didn't come through for them (prefering to go screw around in the elodian city, what he always longed for, or just losing his memories) and as a result his whole gang was sent on with RBA for example.

Next kind of question is about the resolve of all of this.

Eren is NOT royal blood.

Zeke IS royal blood from his mother's side

Historia IS royal blood as well (Reiss, at least).

Every time a reiss heir ate his ancestor, he/she was "eager" to put an end to titan problems, then got the history lesson from the in built memories, realised that the walls was a titan army for protection and that this was an island with/without some titans doing their thing...and mare was waiting for war on the other side. And that, could be that depressing truth that made frieda etc take the decision not to act but to alter memories and continue as it was.

HOWEVER, the reiss bloodline and the first king are not connected now. For the first time elodians are left on their own, somewhat.

Rod Reiss said repeatedly that the coordinate NEEDS to be mastered in order to be used effectively. Frieda didn't master it and grisha won for example, or her titan power in general.

Berthold or reiner also said that eren was the worst possible candidate to end up with the coordinate, why?

So Eren can either fight, master the coordinate "as effetively as possible" to maybe use as a weapon but as he's not a royal will he be able if need be order the titans to go to mare to stomp on (those withing the walls)?

Or if need be would he let historia eat him (he was willing) and then let her do that part? (would need a serum for her to go titan though).

Or after a resolve with zeke (or forcibly) zeke can complete the coordinate/first king/progenitor titan power set and use the walls for whatever reason.

I love what ishiyama has done although he drew heavily from marvel and world war II for me. Hitler/red skull (lol) had this infatuation with the mystic and norse mythology etc...Ishiyama kind or reversed the roles making a true blood germanic race being hunted down, brainwashed and live inside the walls...

Still he depicts mare behaving like germans did. Faye being fed to the dogs is something horrible but not to be taken for granted. It seems like said to grisha by the resistance...Grisha could be well be misinformed there and being lied to make him join.

So He kind of leaves that hanging, who the terrible people really are (maybe both?) but the feel is that eren and co (...whoever is left) are those born in shitty conditions, fight for their lives and not really to blame for me.

About the shifters, how many clans were there? 8 and the progenitor or 9 and the progenitor?

Is the reiss shifter the progenitor power set or another shifter?

Grisha may have eaten a mare shifter as well (if sent with him as a first recon mission for example earlier than RBAZ and the trost titan gang). So that would leave candidates within the walls for shifters.

I like how he makes people speculate all these stuff, wonder what is coming next.
Oct 10, 2016 11:32 AM

Oct 2010
The secret in the basement did not disappoint.
Oct 10, 2016 11:32 AM
Jan 2010
someone can explain me about this theory speak here about eren be two titans? Because in my mind he is only one.
Oct 10, 2016 2:18 PM

Jan 2012
ok that was confusing .

wait he had two wives

Oct 10, 2016 3:12 PM

Feb 2008
Really bad chapter. The only worse case i could imagine would be "experiment got wrong". I also seriously dislike the all the references this chapter made. Serious let down for me.
Oct 10, 2016 4:49 PM
Oct 2014
Some notes to go along with any theories being made:

1) We should probably take "the devil" to be viewed both as real and mythical, just as it is in our world. Some people believe in the literal devil while others view a metaphor...let's start with that approach. If you look at the picture again, she is holding what appears to be an apple. If this story is to be some kind of alternate Earth, then we could be seeing an alternate "Adam and Eve" story, where Eve still took the apple from the tree. I don't know where this goes for sure, but it's worth keeping it all in mind.

2) We still don't know for certain about the aging of Eldians. Do they age normally except once becoming a titan? Are there no changes at all? I actually think they might still age normally given that Grisha was a titan all this time behind the walls. We kept asking this question about RBA, but to further see this timeline, let's look into one of the biggest overlooked pieces in the story....

3) I feel that something was mistranslated in this chapter. We were finally given an answer to one of our questions, but the wording messes it up a little bit. How many years ago did Grisha's father say the deal with the devil was made? 1820. How many years ago did he say Marley won the war? 80. We don't have the full numbers, but I feel like we were getting the answer for "TO YOU IN 2000 YEARS" title mystery. It's been 100 years that memories were wiped, so the math would fit.

In conclusion, I think mindless titans do not age but shifter ones possibly do. It would explain Grisha being around a while before getting inside the walls. I feel like it's so close to giving us that 2000 year number, but the translation and numbers might need a little more tweaking from new info to make this work.

Just some interesting things I wanted to share.
Oct 10, 2016 5:34 PM
Oct 2016
HokakiOct 10, 2016 6:32 PM
Oct 10, 2016 9:01 PM

Mar 2014
If there are millions of titans that sleep within the walls, would they really be enough to pose a challenge against marley? Marleyans have ships and planes, while they aren't as advanced as what we have now, I don't think they would fare too poorly against titans except if their canons and guns are still at the level of the humans within the walls.

Also, does Marley rule the entire continent or are they one country within the continent?

If the marleyans and the eldians really had the same plan of not provoking king fritz, why would Bertolt do what he did and make a giant hole in the first chapter? It wouldn't make sense to not provoke Fritz and then Bertolt goes to attack them, unless the Marleyans were lying abut Fritz ever wanting to attack them.

But either way, wouldn't it still make sense just to send a couple of planes over to the island to try and get fritz instead? It would skip over traveling by land and it would have been better than the colossal titan breaking the wall and waiting for 5 years.
Oct 11, 2016 6:07 AM
Oct 2011
Okay my 2 cents for all they are worth:

First of all Zeke's betrayal - it doesn't really feel like one.

Honestly my first thought was - he was instructed to betray them to get the Mare's trust and gain the titan shifter powers.

Pure speculation - all Eldians have some sort of titan stuff in their genes that potentially allows them to become titans, but not titan shifters. That's why the other nation claims they are bad of blood - they can transform into mindless weapons that kill humans in a pinch (of course with the added cost of staying mindless killing machines for ever and having to be put down by your friends/family - great power great responsibility yada yada)

From what the chapter tells us - 7 of the shifter powers are in the Mare's control, but I don't think it's Mares people who control them - they probably kindapped/brainwashed Eldian children durring or prior their rebellion against Fritz and company, preparing them as vessels for the shifter powers, which they then stole.

Now it feels as though they are up to their old tactics again - since the people of Mare can't use the shifter powers themselves, they rely on the Eldian children - they will indoctrinate them, test them and find out which of them CAN actually become shifters (if not all..or which of them are the most loyal of the bunch)

Then they will send trained, loyal, brainwashed soldiers like Annie, Bert and Rein to try and extract the coordinate without causing a war and triggering the titan wall's attack which will supposedly destroy the world.

This is kind of backed up on why the Eldians weren't all just killed off after the war - the people of Mare need to control them, and reeducated them to back their cause.

In the end I think all Eldians can be transformed into mindless titans and all mindless titans, if fed a titan shifter, will become shifters themselves. That would explain why Zeke betrays his parents - if the Mares are holding a competition of sorts, among the recruits the two qualities they would be looking for are:

Loyalty and Physical strength/endurance. And what screams loyalty more than betraying your own kin? I'm fairly sure Grisha had this orchestrated so his son actually gets the titan shifter powers.

One place where my theory falls flat on its face, now that I think about it - is the fact that Annie, Bernie and Rein were working together with the Beast titan.

Anyway I kindda liked the chapter.

Still the overall plot feels a bit wonky. I think that there was a place where the general plot was theorycrafted more or less accurately (the whole time travel, repeating groundhog day style thing, with the "Your hair… it’s gotten longer, hasn’t it?" in the first chapter) and the author is trying to figure out another ending/plot as he goes.
Oct 11, 2016 6:14 AM

Jan 2009
Mindblown from this chapter but one thing that I really want to know is who has a power aside from what we know so far? I think Eren has 3 instead of the usual 2, honestly.

Inklein said:
Rightio, so Grisha was a shifter before he ate Frieda so that means that out of the original 9, there are 8 Titans left.

1. Progenitor Titan- Frieda Reiss--->Grisha---->Eren
2. ??? - Grisha Jager---> Eren (Rogue Titan-Basically 2 Titans in 1 now)
3. ???
4. Beast Titan- Zeke
5. Colossal Titan- Bertolt--> Armin
6. Armoured Titan- Reiner
7. Female Titan-Annie
8. Dancing Titan- Ymir
9. ???

Number 3 and 9 are the only ones we don't know about now. I've heard that a few people think the Quadruple Titan is a Shifter, but I think he's just a Titan who can speak a little, like Connie's mother could.

It's shown in page 31. We see 5/9 Titans there and one of them is on all fours. I think at that point, it's already canon that the mule titan is another shifter. Also, I have been reading about this for a few hours now on reddit and I realized something from all the comments I read over there.

This is just my speculation but the "puppet king Fritz" within the walls was said to be senile, right? And the Reiss family's titan power is memory manipulation (considered a power in reddit after Historia and Rod touched Eren); then, what if Historia's descendants devoured the coordinate ability from Fritz (can only activate when in contact with a Fritz which happened when Eren fist-bumped the Smiling titan (I'm considering Dina to be that now lol)) and only been using the king for the coordinate ability when that "time" comes (invasion)? With this idea in my mind, they have been controlling the Fritz family along with the people and rule within the shadows like the story made them out to be. This makes it more interesting (to me at least) that instead of coordinate having the ability to mind control titans and human memory, it's actually Fritz and Reiss titan power together and had passed in Historia's family.

First Fritz King was a pacifist and didn't want the power so he gave it to the family who has the memory manipulation ability to work in tandem to what he wanted his Eldia kingdom to be "Peace through Titan fear".

So now, this is what I think of where the 9 titan powers are now in the story (based from what I think now)

1. Coordinate - Fritz Family > Reiss Family > Frieda > Grisha > Eren
2. Memory Manipulation - Reiss Family > Frieda > Grisha > Eren
3. ??? - Grisha (speculated to have eaten a shifter and was found near Wall Maria) > Eren
4. Dancing Titan - Marcel > Ymir
5. Colossal Titan - Bertholdt > Armin
6. Crystal (Female) Titan - Annie
7. Armored Titan - Reiner
8. Beast Titan - Zeke
9. Mule Titan - ???

I'm eliminating that mystery character aside from the mule titan since the story is pretty good already without adding another OP baddie aside from the current ones right now. If that's the case, I fear that every person who has a power will combine into 1 person at some point (hopefully not).

Can't wait to have the wrong assumption on the next chapter lmao

EDIT 1: Enbolden from this info I got on reddit
EDIT 2: Another link that supported my thoughts from the same guy on reddit
avarisOct 11, 2016 7:04 AM
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Today, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 22, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.