Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Oct 18, 2016 10:31 AM

Jul 2009
It's impossible not to ship Reina and Kumiko, really, that festival part was so sweet!
Oct 19, 2016 3:43 AM

May 2016
The visuals are absolutely STUNNING.

I took a breather moment during the episode to comment on how absolutely splendid the fireworks scene looked, i was blown away.

They even drew and animated all the people walking around in the background so that the scene really felt festive rather than still.

And as usual Kumiko and Reina have so much chemistry that every scene with the two of them alone is sending my yuri sense into overload.
We can always imagine :')

I don't really know what else to comment, i love the show.

LukioseOct 19, 2016 3:49 AM
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴┬┴ ┬┴┬┴┤ʕ•ᴥ├┬┴┬┴
Oct 19, 2016 4:59 AM

Mar 2014
@Lukiose God bless for that image.
Oct 21, 2016 6:15 AM

Nov 2011
Nekoutsu said:
Anyone know the name of the piece performed by the Minami middle school concert band,which they failed on?That flute music piece?

Borodin - Polovtsian Dances
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Oct 21, 2016 6:17 AM

Jul 2014
Does anyone know the name and who composed the classical music that nozomi and yoroizuka played? Have known that sound for 3 years but the name in my playlist is only track 11 dont know the title
MurukoHiiragiOct 21, 2016 6:27 AM
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Oct 21, 2016 6:28 AM

Jul 2014
MurukoHiiragi said:
Does anyone know the name and who composed the classical music that nozomi and yoroizuka played? Have known that sound for 3 years but the name in my playlist is only track 11 dont know the title

Someone just posted
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Oct 21, 2016 9:17 PM

Jul 2016
what the hell is this!? I loved it! Very promising! Hahaha
Oct 22, 2016 2:43 PM

Jan 2016
Really loving Reina's development!
Oct 27, 2016 11:05 AM

May 2014
I had happy tears when I found there will be a s2. I love this show. And on top of the cake an extended ep. Wow, what more can you wish for.

Anyways, now that the band have won the Kyoto completion they are aiming for the nationals. Now that's gonna be good to see. Awesome that we see more of Kumiko and Reina. We all ship them, so don't deny it. :P The anime is awesome as ever. They are really good. Great animation in every part of the ep. and great music too. I love how the characters are build and the plot that are including most of the band.

I am also happy that we will get to know some of the secrets from last year. Also awesome opening and ending. They have really a great tune. I am also glad they didn't change the artist for the opening. She is perfect made for this show. xD
Oct 27, 2016 11:08 AM

May 2014
Lukiose said:
The visuals are absolutely STUNNING.

I took a breather moment during the episode to comment on how absolutely splendid the fireworks scene looked, i was blown away.

They even drew and animated all the people walking around in the background so that the scene really felt festive rather than still.

And as usual Kumiko and Reina have so much chemistry that every scene with the two of them alone is sending my yuri sense into overload.
We can always imagine :')

I don't really know what else to comment, i love the show.

Wow, beautiful pic. I bet we all would love to see that between Reina and Kumiko. Yuri ftw, pal. :D
Oct 27, 2016 11:04 PM

May 2014
Liked the first episode, the opening is good, but not as good as Regalia's
Didn't notice this was 40 minutes lol it didn't seem so fast. 4/5
Oct 30, 2016 4:08 AM

May 2014
I really like the atmosphere :D To quote someone on ask.fm, watching this feel like leisurely reading a book.
The art and animation is beautiful! Sas(k)uga Kyoani! (I finally noticed it 'cus I watched the first season on my phone T.T)

Nov 7, 2016 8:23 PM

Jan 2011
Finaly was able to watch the first episode! I waited starting the new season until a few days ago because of that: A few days ago I reached Uji where KyotoAnimations headquarter is and where this series takes place! I enjoyed the town and the hibike-places and their atmosphere. And in the evening I watched the start of this season under the stars at the river wich is always displaying in the series and maybe only 200 m away from that spot where Kumiko and Reina were enjoying the fireworks! The soundtrack at this scene was also amazing for my ears! And the next evening I was sitting at the same spot while eating something and starring at the sky (no fireworks but still the work of the stars). ^^ Dat feels … I will never forget these days! Thanks KyoAni for your great animation works!
Nov 12, 2016 4:37 AM

May 2015
Finally, I was able to watch the first episode haha I know I'm late to the party.

Anyways, it's good to see this show again. :) The animation is great as usual though it's KyoAni so no surprise there. The soundtrack in this first episode was great! Loving the classical music. :D

Oh god, after this first episode, I ship Kumiko and Reina harder than ever before. Love their chemistry in this episode.

Overall, time to start binging and catching up with this series! :)
Nov 17, 2016 1:39 PM

Apr 2014
Drama intensifies!
Nov 28, 2016 3:18 AM

Sep 2016
wtf, I didn't realize it's a 50 mins episode, i'm already late for class ffs
anyway this club has way too much drama smh
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 15, 2016 11:32 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a episde of double duration for begin the season, with a new character that wants to join to the band how more revelant, although their way to the chmapionship all is the begining of the summer!!!!
Dec 20, 2016 1:46 PM

Sep 2016
this was an outstanding first episode, one of my fav first episodes in awhile that got a 5/5 with a new season were introduced with a few new characters and some more drama, the question is what happened with nozomi that is making everyone feel so uneasy also yoroizuka is a hotty, and i ship my bae kousaka and oumae chan ha
Facta Non Verba
Dec 25, 2016 1:55 PM

Oct 2013
Wowee, I was like hmm, that felt kinda long for some reason. I checked how long it was after the episode, and I got my reason why haha. Good episode nonetheless. Nice to see old faces and some new faces. It'll get interesting for sure.
Jan 14, 2017 2:35 AM
Mar 2012
How they fit so much drama in 1 eps... till realized it's double length. Beautiful continuation.
Wondered why Movie had so many Mizore shots, makes sense she's important in S2, nice bridging.
OP nice voice projection, feels motivational.
Monaka jazz short was really fun.
Pres Haruka lol random crying she too funny. Tho really in s1 all the trash (esp Taki's) goes her way poor grill.
Reina & Kumiko va's & relationship seems more subdued & natural, like the ship is sailing farther. Done with the "confession of love", with all the kyoani detailed gestures, toward flirting & forming the close couple ("friendship"). All the hand caressing, shoulder sleep & teasing were wonderful. Stays a yuri until Shuichi or Taki mans up, or Asuka (she's funny but never really liked her cold unpealable mask).
Kumiko: still the funny geh, hnnnng, uwwwa, ehhh's. Reina: sounds less cocky, more dere now.

Morning Taki visit: this interaction was gold. Kumiko picking up "always", that glance & smile, noticing Reina's just having an excuse to meet Taki tho the key's already taken. For the first time, Reina shows here embarrassment with red ears!

Special autist meets mute autist: great moments when they notice Reina & Mizore share similarities. Mizore's blunt cant-read-the-air comment on Ribbon-chan's strained relation with the two, awkward laughter ensues, & Kumiko trying too hard to smooth things out. Even w/o main ship they showed more Mizore & Ribbon, Gotou & Riko still sweet.
Kumiko: "We're normal."

Nozomi, Minami & 2nd years, setup lots of mysteries since s1 but we still don't have a clear picture yet. And why Asuka's so adamant.

Nice new colorful teacher, gives a lot of much needed freshness to stuck up Taki.
Somehow the weird Kumiko family relations seems so realistic.

Mizore PTSD triggered by Prince Igor song. Goes to vomit. Too funny couldn't help it...

Goregeous yukatas, too many screenshots... Reina raises scary yuri shield against weak Shuichi. Hetero ship dies again.

When Reina turns yandere: "If I didn't like them, I'd beat them down."
Jan 18, 2017 5:51 PM

May 2012
A quite lovely double episode start I must say! Really lovely atmosphere again and with all those characters I'm really looking forward to see what this season will have to offer!
Jan 26, 2017 7:27 PM

Mar 2015
Great start to this one, the feels are strong
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 15, 2017 1:13 PM

Apr 2016
Does anyone know the name of the flute solo? The one that the girl who left the club played. I don't mind YouTube links ;o

It was just, beautiful... that alone almost made me cry, music is too manipulative lmao...
Apr 23, 2017 1:59 PM

Jun 2013
Reina has mellowed out a lot: she has no problem hanging out with Hazuki and Midori, and she even remembered the remark about the 3 second rule. But while she has learned to relax a little bit, she still retains her confidence, conviction and assertive nature. Her stubbornness remains her greatest flaw, given that she still can't let go of Taki sensei.

"I think spineless guys aren't any good." "Hm? Yeah, I guess" "So indifferent..." This didn't seem to be played for laughs, but I'm not sure what it implies. Does Reina want Kumiko to hold her men to higher standards, or does this say more about Reina herself? Perhaps this has something to do with her father and Taki sensei as well.

Kumiko is still her awkward self, which is exaggerated by the fact that she seems constantly tired, sluggish even. She provided most of the comic relief, with her one-note answers to her family members, often slurred speech patterns and generally even more accidental blunt remarks. Her relationship with her sister will also probably play a greater role in this season.

I continue to really enjoy the scenes with Reina and Kumiko. Their dynamic has settled into a phase where their interactions count as the new normal, and they seem to have a better flow in their convesations - mostly due to Kumiko growing bolder and less awkward. There were still numerous moments where Reina said something unexpected which Kumiko found cute, and the former didn't seem to understand why.

I'm looking forward to a new season where Kumiko and her friends make lots of precious memories and work through their issues one beat at a time.

LeeTailorApr 23, 2017 2:29 PM
Jun 3, 2017 9:22 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
This is just so well done. Backgrounds, characters, everything. Hnggg
Oct 18, 2017 11:02 PM

Feb 2014
Maybe it's just me, but the art and character designs downgraded quite a bit during the first half. The faces looked flat and derpy, and pretty much every frame lacked like a couple dozen of those lighting filters. I guess they were saving the budget for the summer festival scenes.

Nozomi's flashback with that music playing in the background has become my 2nd favorite scene, after Reina's "confession" scene on to of the hill from season 1.

Mizore's intro scene reminded me a lot of the "book scene" between Kyon and Nagato from Haruhi.

And more inconsequential yuri baiting.
Nov 3, 2017 1:08 PM

Oct 2015
First episode was almost but full of unexpected changes for the nationals. I see there is a new instructor for the summer Hashimoto, he seems lively and flamboyant and also a friend of Taki-sensei. I see also they have introduced new characters like this Nozomi. Kumiko still has a different personality from home(moody) & school ( friendly).

I dig how Reina told like it is about Nozomi rejoining the band, while also Asuka is not into it.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 12, 2018 5:30 AM

Dec 2015
Double episode length to set the foundation for the season which so far is really solid. I thought Nozomi was the girl from Taki sensei's picture but it seems not to be the case since she is only a 2nd year.

The yuri baiting is also unnecessary and adds nothing to the series.
~
Apr 24, 2018 12:37 PM

Nov 2016
Hongu said:
And the yuri baiting continues...

Pretty much this.

But seriously,the festival segment was very nice. Looking forward to this season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 26, 2019 8:21 PM

Oct 2017
Well, looks like this season is gonna be drama packed lol

We continue right where we left off, with the band winning gold for the first time.

Looks like a girl who quit the previous year now wants back in the band. Though all the older kids don’t seem to happy about it. I’m really curious as to what this girl did and why everyone seems so uneasy about her wanting back in. And all the first years are being kept in the dark about it as well.

The fireworks festival was cute. I really liked seeing Reina and Kumiko in their yukata’s. And of course KyoAni’s animation is on point as always.
Apr 9, 2019 1:56 AM

May 2017
Ugh, my favourite gay girls being gay♡♡ another date♡♡
Jun 21, 2019 11:28 PM

Feb 2018
Reina is very cute when using Yukata. Oumae meets Shuichi at the festival but Shuichi refuses to go together ... so cute.
Jul 24, 2019 8:43 AM

Mar 2018
The 45mins caught me off guard hehe xd
Seriously wondering just what could've happened 'last year'.. In the flashback it looked like they were friends now she has to throw up when hearing the other one play her flute.
Still all for yuri ship

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Jul 31, 2019 3:21 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
1-hour Special Episode, Great Idea! Easy 5/5!

Right off the bat, we got more info regarding the Competition of last season’s finale and I was a little surprised that they scooped up the first place. Of course, it wouldn’t settle down for Kumiko as such lol, that’s good to see. Cool new assistant teacher too, I’d love to see more of him in the coming episodes!

Anyway, some real drama incoming and hopefully it’ll deliver well! Judging from Asuka’s swift rejections and the new Senpai’s vomiting, things must’ve been really dark the previous year yikes.

And Fast forward to the Festival! Animation is truly stunning as expected but the Character Interactions were really smooth and entertaining imo. Midori and Hazuki joins the two, Kumiko and Reina, so looking forward to seeing the four together more often. Reina’s definitely changing for the better and similarly Kumiko too. Lol @ that scene with Shoichi though, Reina is really sharp when it comes to that huh lol. Adorable how she visits school early just to sneak in a convo or two. Anyway, those fireworks and seeing the other members enjoying the festival was a treat to watch!

Can’t wait to see how things progress from here onwards!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 23, 2019 7:54 AM

Apr 2013
And here we go again, more wind ensemble shenanigans. Seems like that second-year just wants to rejoin after they got the gold now. I can understand Asuka not wanting her in the ensemble again, she might quit again if things get worse.
Apr 3, 2020 5:43 AM

Feb 2019
I finally get to watch this! How I've missed this series.

A lot of Kumiko and Reina here, and their interaction here are extra cute. Reina being all bashful and Kumiko smirking a lot. My favourite interaction of these two today has got to be the one in the train when Reina invited Kumiko out to the fireworks and Kumiko was smirking the whole time.

I like how Reina is just so straightforward with the fact that she likes Taki-sensei. She doesn't even act embarrassed when Kumiko asked if she came so early every day to talk to Taki-sensei lol

Seems like there's still a lot of bad memories about what happened with the second-years. I think it's a bit unfair to let in Nozomi-senpai and then just let her perform with the ensemble seeing how she did nothing to help them win before, and she's just gonna be piggybacking for the Kansai one. But then again, I don't know the full story yet but that's just what I think based on what we already know. But her flute playing seems good.

Also, don't know how I feel about Yoroizuka-senpai. I think she wasn't introduced by name in the first season? But damn, seems like the oboe is really hard to play.

"Spineless men aren't worth your time." Lol Reina that stabs. But then Kumiko's just "Yeah, I guess you're right." "So indifferent..." That's Kumiko for you I guess.

Looking forward to watching this, and listening to a lot of beautiful wind ensemble music!

That was a nice fireworks display.
Aug 7, 2020 5:23 AM
Aug 2018
This episode was very good. Lots of Kumiko and Reina and more drama in the club with the new character wanting to join.
Aug 8, 2020 6:02 AM
Apr 2019
the first scene seemed like a love confession in winter,or may be just Asuka leaving a final note.
Sep 6, 2020 8:58 AM

Jul 2015
An hour long first episode? Yukata date?!? Hell yeah, let's go season 2!

Quite the setup with the upcoming regionals, Taki's 'fiancee' Hashimoto-chan as helper, Mizore and the drama of previous year resurfacing because Nozomi wants to return.

Oct 27, 2020 4:33 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
More of the slow burn anime with the drama sprinkled throughout that has come to be expected. But I'm not complaining, it's nice, and is definitely something my mind needs after the dense-asf anime that was oregairu. Also more kyoto animation goodness is always more than welcome

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 28, 2022 11:54 AM

Jul 2017
One of the strongest comebacks I've seen. The fireworks festival was just beautiful! Got kinda real for me towards the end lol.

Jul 9, 2022 2:12 AM

May 2020
yuri yuri yuri yuri

i mean cmon, how is kyoto so good? managing to make me tear up on such a simple episode
Sep 26, 2022 2:42 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice double length episode, and it's starting good with some drama coming, a new teacher in the group and even a summer festival between Kumiko and Reina
Aug 21, 2023 12:19 PM

May 2020
Didn't know this was a double-length first episode, but extra stuffs are always welcome, so yeah. Band with their morale high, and an already secured position at the Kansai competition is still going hard with the practices. Heck they coming school so early even in the middle of vacation lol.

From drama(yes it's already there) to festival to baits(IT IS ALREADY THERE AS WELL), episode had it all. A good return I'd say, but I can see that second year PTSD-ial drama kicking in from the next few episodes.

That new girl who wants to rejoin sounds awfully greedy to be honest, but I think there's more to the story. I mean someone is feeling the need to throw up just because she heard her playing flute lmaooo.
Jan 14, 7:10 AM
Nov 2023
It was good. Longer than normal episode. The animation is god tier as always. Cant wait to see them play again:)
Feb 17, 9:29 AM

May 2021
We are finally going to find out what happened to the second-years. Also, feeling the need to throw up from hearing someone play the flute is a bit too much of an excessive reaction.

The yuri baiting is undeniable though. Pretty sure it won't go anywhere. Reina was a real one for driving those boys away.

Mar 25, 6:21 AM
Mar 2018
A forty-minute episode? What a treat!

I'm really intrigued by all of last year's drama, I can't wait to get the 411 on that! It's nice that the cast is getting expended somewhat, with new characters and the focus on some different people.

Kumiko and Reina looks so cute at the festival! ^^
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» Movies

nishant0 - Apr 19

8 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
Yesterday, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Dec 28, 2016

287 by Prupel1 »»
Apr 20, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2016

117 by Jam15 »»
Apr 13, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

113 by Jam15 »»
Apr 10, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2016

217 by ShinigamiGang »»
Apr 1, 7:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.