Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Oct 6, 2016 3:29 PM

May 2015
Oh yes, it's back again! And even starting as a one-hour special at that. It did not disappoint one bit. Great start so far. But yeah, the yuri bait continues. We can only dream.... It's still so damn sweet.

Oct 6, 2016 3:37 PM

Sep 2016
gust11 said:
But...
I'm taking this to mean that Kumiko can only look on from afar without Reina ever knowing how she feels.

Ah the tragedy!!!

Uhm... This one is not Asuka?

Here with Reina

ORUGAdesuOct 6, 2016 4:07 PM
Oct 6, 2016 4:35 PM

Oct 2013
Ha! I tried to marathon Season 1 but forgot when Season 2 was starting. I made it to episode 7 then saw the notification that S2 had its debut episode today. I rushed home from work to give EP 1 a watch and it is spectacular.

I'm already invested in whether Nozomi is allowed back in the band. I can see Asuka's and Reina's point, but I'm rather empathetic so I'd likely give her a second chance.

Now back to Season 1 episodes 8-13 followed by a re-watch of Season 2 episode 1.
Oct 6, 2016 4:58 PM
Mar 2014
anyone konws the theme that sound at the 25:00 minute thanks in advance?
Oct 6, 2016 6:22 PM

Oct 2012
ORUGAdesu said:
gust11 said:
But...
I'm taking this to mean that Kumiko can only look on from afar without Reina ever knowing how she feels.

Ah the tragedy!!!

Here with Reina

Hm now that you mention it... maybe it is Asuka? I dunno I just assumed that if Kumiko would be sitting at a romantic spot in the sunset with someone, it would have to be Reina but the closer I look the more I see that the hairstyle is more like Asuka's in which case everyone should just forget my stupid short rant about sunken ships. Either way though
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Oct 6, 2016 6:56 PM

Dec 2009
badwolf45f said:
GenesisAria said:

You may claim it's fanservice, but the way they've progressed it thus far... okay let's pretend you're me, never read the source material, and are unbiased to it. Looking at these progression of events, it's hard to believe it's not a progression towards yuri, and in all honesty, it's a pretty decently written progression. Honestly, if i were there with them (Kumiko/Reina), i'd tell them they should hook up, because they're so happy together. No need to (regardless of the author's original intentions of writing a cliche "childhood friend always wins" plot) shove in a male relationship just to conform to normalcy and fit in with social commentary.

You know, it is possible for the anime writers to do a better job than the original writer...

Sadly we're talking about japanese mindset, and they will never go full Yuri route and will keep saying how they are just friends... even if shuuichi didn't exist in the show, it will never go full Yuri...
There are a number of yuri anime, and if they do, it'd be a huge leap forward for a popular show to take an uexpected but unsurprising turn like that.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 6, 2016 7:16 PM

Mar 2008
Several long months of waiting and it's finally here and in a 48 minute episode so rare do I get another season to a show I actually liked.

I loved season 1, the whole show just took me back to my high school days of playing in band and of course it's a beautiful looking show with a solid story. This time we got a nice followup to the summer festival with the white dress with another summer festival and yukatas. Seems Kumiko and her sister have just drifted apart over the years, given she's far older it makes sense.

More Reina and Kumiko bonding so let's address this elephant in the room. Whether Reina and Kumiko really become anything more than friends at this point we'll wait and see, at the very least I think it be nice if she doesn't go with Shuuichi. She's had virtually no time with him, there's been no inklings their is a mutual feeling towards each other (opposed to say Tamako Market where Tamako and Mochizou shared a lot of time together)

Yes, I'm aware and all of us are by now that is how it is in the novels but that doesn't matter now, this is an adaptation so it could potentially take a different route. If you can't accept adaptations are not regurgitation of the source material, it's time to stop watching adapted anime and stick to the original novels/manga whatever. Be nice to see if KyoAni can take the material in their own way and not have to be slaves to the original, wish more studios could get that kind of freedom, sure would have helped out SAO if they could have written a better script.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Oct 6, 2016 7:41 PM

Nov 2011
Beautiful episode with beautiful baiting
Just one thing bothered me a bit, Kumiko's voice sounded a bit off sometimes. There was a scene when she made one of those "AH" and it spunded kisda emotionless, idk how to explain.
Reina's voice was a bit off too but Kumiko's were more noticeable for me. It really stood of.
Animation was superb as always (SASUGA KYOANI) and we'll finally know the big incident that made lots of members drop out.
Baby, daijobanai...
Oct 6, 2016 8:19 PM
Dec 2008
The new OP and ED is so unmemorable. Kumiko's voice is stiff and somewhat uninspired. Reina opening up and interacting more to other characters is a welcome development, I personally loved the small Yuuko-Reina part. And Shuichi is still getting shat on by Kyoani no surprises here. Why even bother at this point? He had the courage to ask out Kumiko and manages to calm her down before competition started last season, but it seems he's a spineless coward now and no fucks are given by Kumiko.
gnodabOct 6, 2016 8:25 PM
Oct 6, 2016 8:20 PM

Sep 2013
flack said:
I haven't watched season 1, but are the two main protagonist in a lesbian relationship?

See this? We are not delusional. Even the new comers will notice it. Kyoani is slapping us with yuri in the face!

ORUGAdesu said:
gust11 said:
But...

Ah the tragedy!!!

Here with Reina

First pic is definitely REINA. The wind causes the slight change in her hair.
Erika___Oct 6, 2016 8:34 PM
Oct 6, 2016 8:52 PM

Jun 2013
I am again taken aback at how... normal Tomoyo Kurosawa makes Kumiko sound. What a breath of fresh air.
Oct 6, 2016 8:55 PM

Jul 2013
tragedydesu said:
scruffykiwi said:
It's based off a set of novels and

anyway besides my little rant i liked this episode! was surprised to see it was an hour special (first re:zero and now this... i'm liking this trend!), and they managed to keep the pace just right. i didn't feel bored by anything, except perhaps that girl coming back for approval all week instead of just being rejected outright or at least second time.

also one thing which threw me through a loop is how they just dropped us right in the middle of everything... like, no refreshers or anything lol? damn. thankfully my memory isn't THAT hazy of this show but i feel sorry for anyone who has a shit memory and struggled to remember who all these characters were lol

on a final note, i love ribbon girl and i'm glad she seems to be getting a little in the way of a "redemption" arc already :3

(i haven't learnt anyone's names except reina's and kumiko's lol oops)
Oct 6, 2016 10:39 PM

Nov 2007
Erika___ said:

No. It is NOT. The scene is from a moment in the novel (volume 2) and IT IS Asuka.

Also, shippers should pray that season 2 ends with volume 2. Seeing how many don't like a certain character, it would be best if novel vol. 3 is never animated because that was the first time one of the protagonists admits vaguely liking that certain someone.

At least the opening sequences suggest that season 2 will not touch volume 3, so rest assured! <3
shanimebibOct 6, 2016 10:46 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 6, 2016 10:45 PM

Jul 2016
I like how the problem with the second years still stirs the members of their club. I thought the problem was already done but it was deeper than I thought. Kumiko x Reina ship is still sailing.
SkyWing0Oct 6, 2016 10:48 PM
"This (anime) industry is weird" - Chitose Karasuma, Gi(a)rlish Number

I hope someday someone in an anime would say, "The (anime) viewers are weird."
Oct 6, 2016 10:53 PM

Nov 2013
GenesisAria said:
badwolf45f said:

Sadly we're talking about japanese mindset, and they will never go full Yuri route and will keep saying how they are just friends... even if shuuichi didn't exist in the show, it will never go full Yuri...
There are a number of yuri anime, and if they do, it'd be a huge leap forward for a popular show to take an uexpected but unsurprising turn like that.

I do hope that the director thinks the yuri is one of the series' charm so he can make a 'good decision' lol. But still, whatever route it takes, they tease us so much with Kumiko x Reina scenes and Shuuichi looks irrelevant so far, dang. It's like giving a cruel hope hanging on a thin rope.

Anyway, at least I hope there are more Kumiko x Reina doujin (non-H is most welcomed) in the future (one way to escape from reality lol)

OK enough with the shipping. I think the first ep did a good job. Seems we will get a better picture of last year's incident in this 2nd season.
JJHRTDOct 6, 2016 10:57 PM
Oct 6, 2016 11:02 PM

Feb 2013
GenesisAria said:
badwolf45f said:

There are many Yuri Anime, but they're taken from actual Yuri Manga since the beginning, and actual Yuri sadly it doesn't sell as much that's why you don't see actual Yuri that much... What it sells is Yuri subtext cuz Japanese mindset thinks that 2 girls flirting and such is just "young girls things" and that's okay cuz at the end of the day they will grow up and start liking man... That's why in this episode kumiko was oblivious to shuuichi, like a form of say she is still young and "immature" believe me I'm the first one that wants this show to go Yuri route, but... It won't happen.

Oct 6, 2016 11:49 PM

Feb 2016
Just want to say that the first episode was so beautifull for the early introduction, GJ kyoani~~
Oct 6, 2016 11:54 PM

Oct 2013

(from /r/anime)

Three Second Rule was glorious.
Oct 7, 2016 12:56 AM

Jun 2013
^ your signature is awesome

shanimebib said:
Erika___ said:

No. It is NOT. The scene is from a moment in the novel (volume 2) and IT IS Asuka.

Agreed:
- hairs above right shoulder
- taller than Kumiko
= Asuka

In the second pic the person standing near Kumiko is shorter and has Reina's hairstyle (and Asuka usually wears black socks that cover her whole legs), so in that case it's really Reina.

javb92 said:
anyone konws the theme that sound at the 25:00 minute thanks in advance?

Can't stop listening to it lol
DoubledogOct 7, 2016 1:08 AM
Oct 7, 2016 1:04 AM

Mar 2009
I've seen a lot of KyoAni shows, but Euphonium continues to be top tier KyoAni. Just high quality stuff all around. Glad it's back.

The pacing is always so natural and relaxed. Even with a 47-minute premiere, the pacing is perfect.

Yuri or no, Kumiko and Reina's chemistry is electrifying. I love watching their interactions. Best part of the show, really. Can't wait to see more.
Oct 7, 2016 2:43 AM

Nov 2007
TuyNOM said:
I found this in an old discussion on MAL.

If they completely diverge from the source, I don't mind. I love both Kumiko (she is my baby ❤❤) and Reina (my other baby ❤). I love Midori and Hazuki too! ❤ If they converge to the source material, I don't mind either because I really liked that as well. But seeing how people are ready to hate the anime if their ship sinks irritates me, not only because I am biased towards KyoAni but also because they are ready to discard everything else the anime has done right. I am done with this shipping war with both sides getting out of control.

gdnite.
Coronavirus.
Oct 7, 2016 2:53 AM
Aug 2015
This show is not a yuri nor a shoujo-ai, Kumiko-Reina scenes are just fan service. Whether people like it or not. Nothing can happen between them since Reina has admitted that she's in love with Taki-sensei. So all theses scenes are clearly fan service and they are ruining the show according to me.

As for me, I would like the show to be more focused on music or interactions with other characters (like in the first half of the first season) than on this relationship since I think the show was better when Kumiko was interacting with other characters than Reina. Sadly, the show is more popular for its yuri-bait than for its musical aspects.

I haven't read the novels, but I've checked some infos about it after finishing the first season because the Kumiko-Reina felt really weird for me. I was more like : "This is clearly fan service" than "Oh, they are becoming really good friends !"

I think it would have been better if Kyo Ani had followed the novels. I don't really like when adaptations are different from the original material because most of the time it just feels like an excuse to use the characters but create a different story... Like a fan fiction.

Also, Reina is becoming more dislikable...
Oct 7, 2016 3:42 AM

Jul 2015
@fishpun
Oct 7, 2016 6:06 AM

Sep 2009
I just had a really weird feeling all the time watching the episode... Something was off, a lot...

Check out~ ♥ Some quality AMV:s made with love ♥ My Youtube
Oct 7, 2016 7:29 AM

Dec 2009
badwolf45f said:
GenesisAria said:

There are many Yuri Anime, but they're taken from actual Yuri Manga since the beginning, and actual Yuri sadly it doesn't sell as much that's why you don't see actual Yuri that much... What it sells is Yuri subtext cuz Japanese mindset thinks that 2 girls flirting and such is just "young girls things" and that's okay cuz at the end of the day they will grow up and start liking man... That's why in this episode kumiko was oblivious to shuuichi, like a form of say she is still young and "immature" believe me I'm the first one that wants this show to go Yuri route, but... It won't happen.
If they managed to pull this one off though, they might be able to change that precedent.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 7, 2016 8:43 AM

Jul 2012
SO BEAUTIFUL, SO PRETTY! *-*
Reina and Kumiko's scenes are sooo good! My OTP, totally. They have such an amazing chemistry together, is not even funny D:
Moar of that please!

(I totally forgot who was the guy who confessed to Kumiko, when the flashback came I was like "Oh yeah, it was him!")

Oct 7, 2016 11:01 AM

Nov 2007
taynis said:
(I totally forgot who was the guy who confessed to Kumiko, when the flashback came I was like "Oh yeah, it was him!")

The episode would have been perfect otherwise, right? :P
Coronavirus.
Oct 7, 2016 11:42 AM
Mar 2016
Opu77 said:
TonyVonHabsburg said:
I dislike the voice change Kumiko has compared to season 1, she sounds off. Last 10 minutes were somewhat better but I'm really not impressed by the voice actress in this first episode, she sounds very disconnected.

Visuals were stunning tho, and all other characters sounded fine too.

Definitely agree, there was quite a noticeable change in Kumiko's voice compared to any of her scenes in first season, sounded much rougher for some reason, hopefully will change throughout. Everything else was quality though.
That's also my issue here. I dunno if theres something i don't know that happened on the voice of kumiko's va but it's just bad, and the sound director just allowed that to happened.
My other issue is the fogginess of the video but maybe it's because i watched it in 720p resolution. The coloring seems foggy.
Oct 7, 2016 11:43 AM
Mar 2016
Turtles_Leader said:
Is it me or they changed Kumiko's voice actress?
same va but changed her voice.
Oct 7, 2016 11:55 AM

Dec 2008
L-Ryoshi said:
It's back! It's back! My cute widdle Sapphire-chan is back!

MIDORI DES!!!!!!
Oct 7, 2016 1:27 PM

Jun 2008
Doubledog said:
^ your signature is awesome

shanimebib said:

Agreed:
- hairs above right shoulder
- taller than Kumiko
= Asuka

I think this shot if of both of them sitting down. Reina has a longer upper body than Kumiko so sitting down she'll looks taller. Asuka really has no reason to hang around with Kumiko after school except as the club VP/section leader.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Oct 7, 2016 1:44 PM

Apr 2014
Kumiko x Reina still OTP and Asuka still best girl and was nice of them to give us an hr ep to start things off

am looking forward to more of this season
"one step at a time"
Oct 7, 2016 2:50 PM

Apr 2009
Man I sincerely love all these discussions

Original post [x]
« KILL WITCHES GET BITCHES »
– official 魔法少女 “mahou shoujo“ credo
Oct 7, 2016 3:11 PM

Jun 2014
Lawli-Pop said:

As an Asexual, I understand how regular people see the "yuribait". But to me, the relationship feels like a mix between bromance and platonic love. I really like that. The fact that Japans culturalisms make light of girl-girl romantic relationships kind of reinforces this imo.

Also, Kumiko acknowledges that Reina likes sensei. Logically speaking, why would you be ok with your romantic partner having the hots for someone else? Add that to your card buddy.
Oct 7, 2016 3:17 PM

Nov 2014
KUMIKO is still awesome, god damn. I was afraid about picking this show up after watching the season 1 quite a long ago, but this slow-paced 47 min special really eased me into it.

Kumiko sounds very uninspired in this episode but that's how she was in s1 as well. her character is very unusual and that's what I like about her. the family interaction was great.

Reina and Kumiko clearly love each other but whether they have physical attraction is another thing completely. I'm not bothered because whether it is physical or not is clearly not relevant to this story. they had great scenes in s1 and it was never physical but everything worked wonderfully regardless, so it's not needed for them to be in a physical relationship. I think people would do well to stop caring about this; you shouldn't let this bother you and take away from your enjoyment.
Oct 7, 2016 3:32 PM

Feb 2015
Yes, more of the same Hibike Euphonium I love. And we got treated to a double episode!! :D

OP and ED are both very nice, similarly to the previous 2. Very fitting to the show.

They did a good job at introducing those 2 characters and their backgrounds, though my memory fails me as I try to remember their names :P

More yuri cuteness with Reina and Kumiko, adorable with those 2 together. Sitting there under the bridge at the natsu matsuri <3

Couldn't really have asked for a better first episode, and I trust that KyoAni will make this season just as good as the first. Okay Musaigen no Phantom World wasn't brilliant, but I trust them !!
Oct 7, 2016 3:47 PM

Apr 2009
ramenshoujo said:
Lawli-Pop said:

As an Asexual, I understand how regular people see the "yuribait". But to me, the relationship feels like a mix between bromance and platonic love. I really like that. The fact that Japans culturalisms make light of girl-girl romantic relationships kind of reinforces this imo.

Also, Kumiko acknowledges that Reina likes sensei. Logically speaking, why would you be ok with your romantic partner having the hots for someone else? Add that to your card buddy.

Okay :) Well said. I can't really argue against that because everyone's got a different view on different matters, right?
Which is only natural of course, because we're all different people with different personalities, sexualities, experiences etc.

But talking about sexuality and experience.

If I may speak out of personal experience;

I, for my part,

know exactly what it's like

to suddenly find myself in this exact situation,

where I'm just like

And I'm not even kidding. I feel like babygay Kumiko is acting a lot like I am, or rather how I acted when I was her age. (Yeah even downplaying the teacher thing is realistic imo.) And I KNOW there are actually lots of people out there who feel the same way :')

Which is why deniers should excuse us for being hopeful, it doesn't mean we're all gonna bitch about it if it doesn't happen.

I'm just saying it's a damn good portayal of these matters and I'm honestly so thankful for that alone.
« KILL WITCHES GET BITCHES »
– official 魔法少女 “mahou shoujo“ credo
Oct 7, 2016 4:31 PM

Nov 2007
sbyrstall said:
I think this shot if of both of them sitting down. Reina has a longer upper body than Kumiko so sitting down she'll looks taller. Asuka really has no reason to hang around with Kumiko after school except as the club VP/section leader.

You don't have to think. IT IS Asuka. The internet is already a swarm of all the pictures where Kumiko and Reina are sitting next to each other (bench, rail-seats etc.) ❤ so you can do without your upper body measurements. :)
Coronavirus.
Oct 7, 2016 4:32 PM

Sep 2013
A bit of the same as the first season as far as i remember, including OST which is still good. Will keep watching to see how this season progresses though.
Oct 7, 2016 4:45 PM

May 2012
Very good episode. I like the pace and the atmosphere of this anime.

During the fireworks part i was thinking "this episode doesn't end, it seems so long" then i took a look and saw that it was 48 min XD
I despise woke people.
Oct 7, 2016 5:31 PM

Oct 2012
Wow, didn't expect double-length opening episode but it was great!

I like how this is immediate continuation of the first season and how seamlessly they transfered original style to this season... it almost felt like another episode of the first one.

Animation was great as always and so were those slice-of-life moments and details that made this opening episode of the second season really lifelike.. and it felt real. They simply managed to capture everyday life even better than before (and that also includes top-notch VA and great portrayal of their emotions).

Chracter-wise we got new trio of seconds years from Minami Public Middle-School who are bound to win together by their promise from those days (now I really want to know what happened before that half of them had to leave the club), one Reina-like girl included (well, it's not as bad), Kumiko's sister certainly gonna play some bigger role (possible love interest of the teacher?) and new instructor who is bound to shuffle some things around as the drama already started to unfold and it was good.

One only has to wonder if Sapphire and Hazuki characters fades into background this time, only to put Akane and Mizore to the front.

Music-wise, the absolute highlight of this episode was its inclusion of Borodin's Polovetsian Dances:

If I have to guess they would reprise this song at later stage at their competition as they wouldn't be teasing it otherwise (much to dismay some of older members but there is the past to overcome so I hope they'll do it)

I absolutely love their hanabi visit (shame on everyone who only see yuri baiting instead of friendship in that part)

All-in-all, this was one of the best starting episode I've seen in five years maybe (of course, as it felt more like a movie.. let's hope they'll retain the quality even further).

Well, and one more thing, I simply had to.. :D

Is that Riko girl? I kinda don't remember if she had any role in the first season (anyone cares to remind me?) but now I see her "character" lies elsewhere :D
Mich666Oct 7, 2016 5:49 PM
Oct 7, 2016 7:26 PM

Jul 2012
shanimebib said:
taynis said:

The episode would have been perfect otherwise, right? :P

LOL Poor guy, I actually forgot him :(

But you know, I was reading some of the posts and yeah, if he ends up with Kumiko in the end (like in the novel) I hope they build their relationship because man, I can't buy it right now :O
His rival, Reina, is going to get the girl with he doesn't step up XD

Oct 7, 2016 8:19 PM

Jul 2013
This is seriously beatiful, I'm falling in love with this show now ;-;
lol
Oct 7, 2016 9:06 PM

Nov 2007
Mich666 said:
If I have to guess they would reprise this song at later stage at their competition as they wouldn't be teasing it otherwise

If that were to happen, I wonder whether it would be criminal of Asuka to actually put a veto on this. She has the largest followers in the band after all. If she says NO, I would reckon it wouldn't get selected for their piece in the competition.

If anything, Taki-sensei acknowledges that she is one of the two core players (alongside Kaori) for Kitaouji's any shot in the competitions. Taki, as a matter of fact, believed the Kitaouji would benefit if the band was based on the strong foundation that can be achieved through Asuka and Kaori's role as core performers for other members. Reina and Midori just ended up adding more strength to it.

At this point it is obvious that Asuka and Kaori hold the most power in the band, but both are so different. One is so transparent while the other wouldn't take off her mask. Maybe someone in the band will peel it off for her. Someone, say for instance, is in the same group as her. ;)
Coronavirus.
Oct 7, 2016 9:13 PM

Jul 2013
Lawli-Pop said:
I'm just saying it's a damn good portayal of these matters and I'm honestly so thankful for that alone.

(edited the rest out for length)

dude i'm so glad this wasn't just me! like, this very particular part of the episode as well. i feel like we had a few of these "oh... shit. SHIT." moments in s1 too so it's not like it's the first time, but i definitely felt some emotional tugging at my heart during this scene because it so clearly reminded me of the time i suddenly realized my feelings for my best friend were a little more than platonic... lol...
Oct 7, 2016 10:51 PM

Nov 2007
Btw, my babies will be in their mizugis in the next episode. ❤ ///Nosebleeds/// ❤

Coronavirus.
Oct 7, 2016 11:17 PM

Feb 2012
I'm really starting to get pretty pissed off that the anime hasn't explained why all those second-years quit, because the drama it caused is pretty ridiculous. The fact they aren't willing to let a girl back into the club when she is clearly trying hard to get back in is raising some serious red flags. There is bad blood in the club to the point where it feels like someone stole someone's boyfriend. What I hate most about this drama is that I don't even know if they were right to quit. There are times where the right decision is to quit.
Oct 7, 2016 11:32 PM
Oct 2010
I haven't read through the the read but anyone else get mad lesbo vibes from this whole episode? Like da faq.
Oct 8, 2016 1:23 AM

Nov 2009
Phaetons_Folly said:
I'm really starting to get pretty pissed off that the anime hasn't explained why all those second-years quit, because the drama it caused is pretty ridiculous. The fact they aren't willing to let a girl back into the club when she is clearly trying hard to get back in is raising some serious red flags. There is bad blood in the club to the point where it feels like someone stole someone's boyfriend. What I hate most about this drama is that I don't even know if they were right to quit. There are times where the right decision is to quit.

Anime already explained that in ep.7 of the first season. What they still don't explain here is why they don't let Nozomi back into the band.
Oct 8, 2016 2:41 AM

Oct 2012
shanimebib said:
If that were to happen, I wonder whether it would be criminal of Asuka to actually put a veto on this. She has the largest followers in the band after all. If she says NO, I would reckon it wouldn't get selected for their piece in the competition.

If anything, Taki-sensei acknowledges that she is one of the two core players (alongside Kaori) for Kitaouji's any shot in the competitions. Taki, as a matter of fact, believed the Kitaouji would benefit if the band was based on the strong foundation that can be achieved through Asuka and Kaori's role as core performers for other members. Reina and Midori just ended up adding more strength to it.

At this point it is obvious that Asuka and Kaori hold the most power in the band, but both are so different. One is so transparent while the other wouldn't take off her mask. Maybe someone in the band will peel it off for her. Someone, say for instance, is in the same group as her. ;)

Well, for all that we know Asuka plays big role in this season as her conflict with (probably) Mizore is even featured on key art of this season. With that being said and with foundation laid out by this episode I feel there will be another opinion split and taking sides in their club, one that will even break Reina and Kumiko friendship (Kumiko probably sides Nozomi/Mizore, while Reina stands firm with Asuka by her "not giving up" attitude).

That's also why KyoAni put so much emphasis on their relation in the first episode and that's also why I find yuribait opinions as unfounded - because whole hanabi scene was obviously just setup to show how fragile such relations can be and that you had to treasure them. It was also setup for something grim coming next that will shatter their fleeting dream. In light of this Kumiko's fascination by Reina in the end was more like a feeling she had found her kindred spirit, platonic but very intimate, rather than any kind of romantic infatuation between them or what some other users ( @Lawli-Pop ) hope for.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Movies

nishant0 - Apr 19

8 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
Today, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Dec 28, 2016

287 by Prupel1 »»
Apr 20, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2016

117 by Jam15 »»
Apr 13, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

113 by Jam15 »»
Apr 10, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2016

217 by ShinigamiGang »»
Apr 1, 7:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.