Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 4, 2016 10:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm...

It was pretty much as I had expected from the movie. Confession from the very start, some awkward moments, and jokes. No, Natsuki definitely didn't mean that as a joke. A lot of shoujo-like moments ...well, I guess the animation production quality is nice. The story itself is pretty generic though imo.

A lot of confessions although the songs are kinda catchy.
Oct 4, 2016 11:04 AM

Apr 2012
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm...

It was pretty much as I had expected from the movie. Confession from the very start, some awkward moments, and jokes. No, Natsuki definitely didn't mean that as a joke. A lot of shoujo-like moments ...well, I guess the animation production quality is nice. The story itself is pretty generic though imo.

A lot of confessions although the songs are kinda catchy.

How many minutes ago did you see it and where did you see it?
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Oct 4, 2016 12:09 PM

Jun 2013
It's been up on crunchyroll 2 hours ago.

That ending tho. Natsuki caught off guard LOL
Kitan~!
Oct 4, 2016 12:23 PM

May 2010
Okay they left out the whole Haruki x Miou and inserted it in the form of a pv we have already seen before (if u follow the series on nnd or youtube) Wow bruh, u didn't have to do the favor.
Honestly a huge let down for the shippers of these two. They take the longest to get officially canon and got the most complicated relationship among the main 3. This should have been a tv series or a 2-3 hr length tbh, the movie felt rushed albeit watchable. I liked the insert songs and song line references. The animation was nice as well. Akari was beauty and I am mostly satisfied with Natsuki and Yu's story, less with Mochita and Akari's but what they did to Haruki x Miou is unforgivable ( unless they make a 3rd movie and its about them. The 2nd is most likely about Hina)

As much as I complained, I liked the SoL parts but the insert Koyuki/Yu drama was not paced well. I will still give it 7/10 counting bias points. Just seeing them animated makes me happy. Tho I still think that they really should have made it longer and focused on Haruki/Miou (the actual main couple imo) while using the others as sub-plots. What a waste of feels.
TragicRomanceOct 4, 2016 12:33 PM
Oct 4, 2016 12:55 PM

Feb 2008
I had no idea what this was and only heard about it now. It was surprisingly pretty good. I don't know nor care about the original songs or novels or whatever the actual story was based on. What I do care is what the movie is.

It felt very shoujo, had likeable and interesting cast, mostly females though, but I did find myself cheering for the guy voiced by Yuki Kaji, since man, it's his first role that grew balls and manned up. I like how the entire movie was on point, no throwaway scenes, and even the montages and song inserts were adding to the character development. It was good that they didn't focus a lot on misunderstandings, and they solved the misunderstanding right away, which usually takes an entire season to do in other shoujo (or the characters cry their whole life in a Shinkai movie). Seems like it's getting a sequel that might be about the two other characters that were a couple from start, I'm looking forward to it. 7/10

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 4, 2016 1:23 PM

Jan 2008
That feeling when you start a anime on CR and didn't notice it was an entire movie. It tricked me with that opening.

Well, it was an alright watch I guess, nothing particularly special. Didn't like how they handled the romances since they clearly put more effort into Natsuki and Yu's. Felt like the others were just there to drag out the movie, oh well, guess I'll wait for the next one.

Lol at Koyuki though, when you're placed as supporting character on MAL's page, that clearly isn't a good sign. Probably shouldn't have looked at the character list mid way through.

Never seen any of the vocaloid music videos this is based off on either.
Oct 4, 2016 1:37 PM

Jun 2014
Since I like HoneyWorks music, I thought I would watch this.

It was actually pretty good! Doesn't really add anything to make it stand out in the genre, but the characters and story were all likeable.

8/10!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 4, 2016 2:40 PM

Mar 2015
I came for the music, i am pleased.
Oct 4, 2016 3:02 PM
Aug 2016
I liked the songs but if one did not ever hear them, then they probably wouldn't have liked this very much.
If I were to be honest, it was kind of boring but I watched it anyway because HoneyWorks. Also, Inokori sensei sensei was there i lovE HIM.
But actually, though, (is her name Natsuki I forget) Enamoto(?)'s little brother is pretty sad because Yu's sister likes Yukki and Yukki's sad and then he doesn't end up with anyone because I'm pretty sure Yu's lil sis confesses to Yukki. (Been a while since I listened to the songs haha.)
myentirecommentisamesshelp
SinnamonsOct 4, 2016 3:29 PM
Oct 4, 2016 3:14 PM

Sep 2008
Awww... This is so cute!
Mochizuki was this one I cheered the most - he is so cute!
And his inner monologues were the best!

Poor white haired bishounen... <3

I really loved art style and music *.*
Nice work, HoneyWorks :)

Lot of good seiyuu and stories were also so cute! <3
I really loved this movie!
This give me lot of good feelings, want more! *.*
LittleStarOct 4, 2016 3:20 PM
Oct 4, 2016 6:08 PM

Oct 2011
The art and music was good. The story itself is... a mess? There's a lot of unrequited love between all characters. @_@ But It was interesting to watch.

Well, I'm looking forward for the sequel.

The ending/post credit was cute.

7/10.
Oct 4, 2016 6:30 PM

Jul 2011
So much going on. The animation is really nice. When I heard A Solution for Jealousy I was so happy, lol. It's one of my favorite songs from HoneyWorks.

Tbh, I just watched this to see more of Mochizuki and Hayasaka. There wasn't much Serizawa and Aida either. I hope we can see more of them in the sequel.

Overall, it was alright. I feel that, at times, the scenes would drag on for too long. Thankfully, it's nothing too bad.

RIP Ayase's heart.
ohanaeOct 4, 2016 6:44 PM
Oct 4, 2016 7:10 PM

May 2013
What I found really interesting from this movie is how you can make a simple plot became one hour long story.

Akari is beautiful, and poor Ayase. He's really trying hard, even he know the girl already have crush on another guy.
Oct 4, 2016 7:11 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I liked the songs too, but the movie itself is...alright. I don't really care for the main couple, I found the other two to be cuter. We saw the future of Haruki and Miou in the end, which is well, not very original and I really could care less for the going overseas kind of situation. But their moments were sweet in the movie. I liked Mochizuki and Akari the most, they were the most interesting imo given how awkward Mochizuki is. Like super awkward. But he's the type I'd root for because it's fun to watch him. Akari also seems to be interested in him, despite how they've only interacted twice and she hadn't really noticed him at all prior to their first awkward interaction. But uh yeah, the movie was quite short to have really developed the relationship between the osanajimi couple. The visuals were really nice though, I have a soft spot for shoujo style art.

Next movie seems to be on Hina, Yuu's younger sister. Don't really care for her from what we've seen so far, but I'll still watch it :P
Oct 4, 2016 7:35 PM

Nov 2007
1. girl keeps practicing confessions to her childhood boy, but not realizing there's a girlish boy who has feeling for her.

2. boy too shy to confess to girl, who he has been have feeling for two years. lol @ devil himself. His confession was too unique.

3. very awkward and kind of for sure relations between the boy and girl.

Complicated feelings about the confession. Instrumental version of Yakimochi no Kotae made me happy.

Teasing the next couples of next movie.

(Wishing I could give it a 7.5 because 8 is too high and 7 is too low)
tsubasaloverOct 5, 2016 12:51 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 4, 2016 7:53 PM
Apr 2013
Aaaaah as a huge Honeyworks fan...I'm pretty disappointed with how much was cut and underdeveloped (¬_¬) Even Natsuki and Yuu who were the focus weren't even developed properly. Akari and Mochita weren't done well at all and don't even get me started on Haruki and Miou. Akari actually notices Mochi on the first day of school where he shows up late and during the time they go out for cake, they catch Haruki practicing a confession on Natsuki.(These two are childhood friends as well and root each other on) Plus they don't even explain that the reason Haruki is feeling regret is because he's leaving overseas since he got into an overseas film school so he has no idea if it'll fair for him to say his feelings to Miou. There's even a sweet moment with them not even sure if the other shares the same feelings which I adore to bits (*;゚;艸;゚;)Ah and all the interactions between the film and art club are nonexistent?! What about their collaboration project?!?! I'm ?!?!! Not to mention that Koyuki has serious balls and they should've shown more of his strong will. The way they presented the scene with Yuu catching them on their way home was so poorly done and random almost. Honestly, the dynamics between both clubs are so great and seeing Haruki and Miou fall for each other is so sweet ( ≧∀≦)ノ It doesn't even seem like the film club are even close to each other...I cannot believe this. There were so many great conversations between the boys too. Though some of this might have only happened in the light novel, it doesn't make sense for them to put so much focus on Natsuki and Yuu and still get the wrong uwaaah but reallyyy with a 2hr film or 12 ep anime, everything could've been covered well ToT With the MV shown at the end for Haruki & Miou makes me feel like these kids aren't gonna get another film ugh ...on a side note, I'll still watch the next film, but I don't like those kids nearly as much as these ones (ノ_・、) aaah sorry, I needed to rant. Surely most of us agree? ( ´;゚;∀;゚;)
Oct 4, 2016 8:30 PM
Mar 2016
Chessy af
story was bad, like srsly really bad. Well it would be good if it was a series not an entire movie in 1 hour and they tried to crammed all the material in there, its just bad, like really bad
2/10 (1 point for music and art i guess)
Oct 4, 2016 10:47 PM

Jan 2008
I ended up watching the entire thing expecting something interesting to happen, yet nothing did. I'm usually a sucker for a cliche romance, but did I just watch an entire movie about a bunch of people beating around the bush? I feel like content-wise, it was a cute 4-koma comic that was stretched out into a feature film with how simple it was from start to finish. It could have all fit into a single OVA cutting out all the repetitive content.

If this was over a decade ago, I may have enjoyed this by relating to them much more, being closer to their age. Guess I'm just not the target audience. While it certainly wasn't anything great, and was completely forgettable, it wasn't the worst I've seen...so 7/10. At least I now know not to waste my time watching the sequel if it's going to be more of this same stuff. All in all, not my cup of tea. Others may enjoy it more than I did.

At least the music was good, which made it more bearable. If it weren't for that, this would get a 5 or 6/10 pushing it, at best.
Oct 4, 2016 10:55 PM

Dec 2012
Ooh. So cute <3 And the music too. I like it <3 Simple yet nice story :D

- barely alive -
Oct 5, 2016 3:06 AM

Nov 2013
Well, that was cliche but cute and enjoyable imo. 7.5/10.

It seems the cover of the next movie is Hina and Koutarou, but maybe the next movie will cover more of Miou x Haruki and Mochi x Akari stories? I hope so. They didnt really get enough time imo (especially Miou).
Oct 5, 2016 4:08 AM
May 2016
Well it was fun to watch, though I would be more glad if this was made into tv series instead.. The song were pretty good, Honeyworks songs were really catchy. Akarin so damn cute.
Neo_oeNOct 5, 2016 4:12 AM
Oct 5, 2016 4:11 AM

Aug 2013
awww what a cute movie~ :3

Oct 5, 2016 4:52 AM

Jul 2016
The songs were good, expected from HoneyWorks. Not sure about the main couple but it should be Haruki and Miou right? Gotta see the series of AMV of HoneyWorks.
"This (anime) industry is weird" - Chitose Karasuma, Gi(a)rlish Number

I hope someday someone in an anime would say, "The (anime) viewers are weird."
Oct 5, 2016 6:38 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I love romance, so i really like this movie. My heart was about to burst, too with the confession scenes.

It was not much time though to develop every pairing, so that's probably the only thing i'd have to criticize.

8/10
Oct 5, 2016 7:26 AM

Mar 2016
Nothing special, just an average show. . . Only main couple and mochi that got real development, well, its only 1 hour length . . . But, it was enjoyable. . . It would be more interesting if it was a serie though
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
"Being a fanboy is an indication of elitism"
Oct 5, 2016 11:50 AM
Jul 2018
Mehed it, 6.6/10 imo.
a bit rushed doe lol didn't feel like a movie at all. Hate love triangles though lol...
removed-userOct 5, 2016 11:54 AM
Oct 5, 2016 12:23 PM

May 2015
It was an enjoyable movie. Pretty cute and sweet, and nothing more honestly. The music was nice.

8/10.

Oct 5, 2016 12:57 PM

Dec 2014
nice movie and ending... I wish romantic anime was more like this..... than again there wouldn't be any drama....
Oct 5, 2016 3:51 PM

May 2015
A nice "FeelsGoodMan" story. Can't ever go wrong with those!
Oct 5, 2016 4:26 PM

Jan 2015
I enjoyed it but the story was kind of a mess to me. The songs were great. Which is the name of the one that played during the concert?
Oct 5, 2016 6:02 PM

Jul 2015
I'm a sucker for these kinds of shows.

Yuuup, I have to agree the story was kinda rushed or messy!

but biasd me just loves HoneyWorks and their AMVs. You should go see it!

Sequel soon! Streaming when? :>

Oct 6, 2016 3:43 AM

Nov 2012
this was really cheesy and a bit silly at times, but i couldn't help but like it~
Oct 6, 2016 6:19 AM

Dec 2013
Having heard Honeyworks songs a few years back, this movie was quite a treat. especially since I knew how things would end up in the end there.

That said, the fact that an hour long movie was based on an under 5 minute song just goes to show how well they expanded on the original story and theme.

Here's hoping to see the movies for the other two songs soon.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 6, 2016 6:47 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Fatal_Futanari said:
I enjoyed it but the story was kind of a mess to me. The songs were great. Which is the name of the one that played during the concert?
that one is called byoumei koi wazurai.

Frankly speaking, it's not a very good film standing alone. The romance is totally run out of the mill and it became awfully cheesy at times as well. At times the pacing was almost crawling along like your average shoujo manga even though there was hardly the time for it. I don't know the origins of this studio but the animation was all quite nice, although there were a couple crappy 3d models here and there that stood out and the occasional bizarrely aliased drawing at long distance. The songs themselves are nothing less than I would have expected from HoneyWorks with the seiyuus taking over on the vocals from the earlier vocaloid renditions.

Adapting about 4 or so songs from the Confession Love Series, there were plenty of references jammed in for those who are familiar with the lyrics and even from other songs which only made the briefest appearances. In comparison to the special which adapted only part of the songs in about 30 min, the scenes that ran in parallel were improved this time and of course there was original material to fill in the gaps as well.

Overall it was a bit of a shaky film, some of it was contrived, and at some points, almost laughable, but this is one written for the fans and in that regard it was an absolute pleasure to watch the characters stumble through their adolescent love.

7/10
TenshoOct 6, 2016 6:50 AM
Oct 6, 2016 8:19 AM

Aug 2013
Wow forgot this was coming out. Only reason I found out was because Hanatan was singing an insert.
Oct 6, 2016 5:29 PM

Sep 2012
Also totally thought this was an anime starting this season, only to realize it was a movie half way in, lol.

This was kinda confusing for me. I liked it as a SoL romance thing, but didn't really have background on the characters. From what I see, it's a novel and it has some music videos? So I'm thinking kind of like KagePro? I'd like to know more about it if anyone would like to share. I like the characters and I want to know what's up with the already cannon couple that hasn't confessed but they're pretty much an item.

Seems we'll a second part at the end of the year as well with Yu's little sister?
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Oct 6, 2016 9:22 PM

Oct 2008
full 1 hour of shoujo, but not bad, in fact I liked it!
my fav pair was Kaji Yuki & Asumi Kana... I mean Souta & Akari!
5/5.

Oct 6, 2016 10:32 PM

Jul 2014
Now that I think about it, Souta and Akari's story would have been a lot more interesting than Yuu's and Natsuki.
Oct 6, 2016 11:56 PM

Feb 2016
it wasn't bad but not the best one,they should improve the animation for their next movie. at least it was enjoyable........4 stars enough
Oct 7, 2016 4:25 AM
Apr 2016
well it was a musical after all, i didn't know what to expect from this movie when i saw it on crunchyroll. it was fine it just i don not like musical although music was great i had to admit very catchy songs and solid animation the main girl was super adorable i want to see more of her.
Oct 7, 2016 8:43 AM

Feb 2015
Sinnamons said:
I liked the songs but if one did not ever hear them, then they probably wouldn't have liked this very much.
If I were to be honest, it was kind of boring but I watched it anyway because HoneyWorks. Also, Inokori sensei sensei was there i lovE HIM.
But actually, though, (is her name Natsuki I forget) Enamoto(?)'s little brother is pretty sad because Yu's sister likes Yukki and Yukki's sad and then he doesn't end up with anyone because I'm pretty sure Yu's lil sis confesses to Yukki. (Been a while since I listened to the songs haha.)
myentirecommentisamesshelp

So little brother has no chance with the little sister and she goes for that droopy eyes blue hair jerk? Does any one know for sure?
Oct 7, 2016 7:19 PM

Nov 2015
Nice animation, but the story is meh. 5/10

Oct 7, 2016 10:57 PM
Mar 2016
Can someone pls tell me what song was played during the concert part of this movie??? I have no been able to find out what song it was and I loved it! So pls if anyone knows let me know! ☺️
Oct 7, 2016 11:18 PM
Feb 2015
Omg this was absolutely beautiful I love every single thing about the movie, hoping the sequel shows more of the progressing of Natsuki x Yui relationship :'D but I doubt it cause it's gonna focus more on there siblings D: now I'm hoping Kimi no na wa can live up to this !
Oct 7, 2016 11:19 PM

May 2015
Kex777 said:
Can someone pls tell me what song was played during the concert part of this movie??? I have no been able to find out what song it was and I loved it! So pls if anyone knows let me know! ☺️

Actually am also trying to find it too... and damn I can't even figure out it's name >___<
Oct 8, 2016 1:45 AM

Apr 2015
ramzan00 said:
Kex777 said:

Actually am also trying to find it too... and damn I can't even figure out it's name >___<

This one was already mentioned above though I guess I'll answer it anyway.

The song is Byoumei Koi Wazurai and the one sung in the movie is by sana.

And seriously, no one hasn't commented on the fact that sana is animated and in the film. So glad for her, and her voice is really cute. She looks really cute as well in her outfit (or uniform). And the rest of Honeyworks are there as well (I think, not sure what their avatars look like).

Sanapriiiii <3

For anyone who's interested in the insert songs:
- Nichiyoubi no Himitsu (CHiCO and sana)
- Byoumei Koi Wazurai (sana)
- Destiny (YURiCa)
- Kokuhaku Yokou Renshuu

Not sure who sang the last part, can't recognize the voice. OP and ED are listed in the MAL page.
Oct 8, 2016 4:46 AM

May 2015
Shynza said:
ramzan00 said:

And seriously, no one hasn't commented on the fact that sana is animated and in the film. So glad for her, and her voice is really cute. She looks really cute as well in her outfit (or uniform). And the rest of Honeyworks are there as well (I think, not sure what their avatars look like).

Sanapriiiii <3

- Destiny (YURiCa)
- Kokuhaku Yokou Renshuu

Not sure who sang the last part, can't recognize the voice. OP and ED are listed in the MAL page.

Ohhhhh, sankyaaa
Oct 8, 2016 5:05 AM
Jan 2016
come on guys, this movie is based on Honey Work's songs, the story line came from the songs, what do you expect ...

the whole movie is based on a few of their top songs, combining them together making a movie out of it. No doubt there will be bits and pieces .....

IMO, the adaptation is really good.
Oct 9, 2016 8:20 AM

Jun 2013

Oct 9, 2016 9:17 AM
Mar 2016
Shynza said:
ramzan00 said:

Sanapriiiii <3

- Destiny (YURiCa)
- Kokuhaku Yokou Renshuu

Haha yeah I noticed that someone mentioned what it was like ten mins after and I forgot to delete my comment. :P Thanks though! and thanks for the rest of the song list! :D
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know the right order of the songs series?

Fureiya - Oct 8, 2016

14 by Clarian »»
Apr 21, 2023 7:49 AM

» Are the sequels good?

AoiroBlueColor - May 15, 2021

6 by hahailham1 »»
Feb 13, 2022 8:42 AM

» Streaming on Crunchyroll on October 4

nehnehneji - Sep 18, 2016

6 by SoulReaper6969 »»
Oct 3, 2021 1:17 PM

» Key Visual

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2015

18 by Kenudz »»
Sep 21, 2016 10:46 AM

» Trailer

dmr - Nov 12, 2015

7 by LuneLemonLight »»
Aug 31, 2016 1:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.