Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 3, 2016 6:12 AM
Mar 2014
well they did the whole "the story does not stop here" something that mostly happens when they want you to read the manga, but what do you people think? another season possible?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 4, 2016 1:02 PM

Jan 2016
Doubt it. From my understanding this show bombed in Japan which is a shame because it was so good.

Oct 9, 2016 7:10 AM

Nov 2014
Ratchetdude231 said:
Doubt it. From my understanding this show bombed in Japan which is a shame because it was so good.
It was quite good Imo, pity that with most animes that I enjoy, the chances of getting another season are dim... I think they just want us to read the LN lol
Oct 9, 2016 7:52 AM

Feb 2014
It's Madhouse so uhm yeah except people are screaming at their face for a 2nd season, it won't happen. Not that I'm not pissed off 'cause of that though. It was the best show of the season in my list.
"I searched for an answer. A simple solution.
Blessings. The blessings of being alive.
The joy of being human, whose colors never fade.
But the unstable wingbeats of a butterfly give rise to an infinity of realities.
The truth of a thousand years laughs at human wisdom, distancing itself as it nestles close.
Cries of all kinds averted, yet poverty remains.
Humans devour each other, succumb to disease, and cry out in agony as they walk down the path of destruction."
- Lyber de Nymphis, Dantalian no Shoka -
Oct 9, 2016 2:45 PM

Aug 2013
yet idiotc shit like bubuki buranki gets another season, ew

who even likes that shit
Oct 9, 2016 5:24 PM
Dec 2014
KaminoHaka said:
It's Madhouse so uhm yeah except people are screaming at their face for a 2nd season, it won't happen. Not that I'm not pissed off 'cause of that though. It was the best show of the season in my list.

It`s not about Madhouse. The anime didn`t do well at all in terms of sales
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2016 4:40 AM

Feb 2014
H-X-H said:
KaminoHaka said:

It`s not about Madhouse. The anime didn`t do well at all in terms of sales

My point is exactly that, people are not screaming for a 2nd season (bad sales). Madhouse just further reinforces that with their history/habit of making only 1 season.
"I searched for an answer. A simple solution.
Blessings. The blessings of being alive.
The joy of being human, whose colors never fade.
But the unstable wingbeats of a butterfly give rise to an infinity of realities.
The truth of a thousand years laughs at human wisdom, distancing itself as it nestles close.
Cries of all kinds averted, yet poverty remains.
Humans devour each other, succumb to disease, and cry out in agony as they walk down the path of destruction."
- Lyber de Nymphis, Dantalian no Shoka -
Oct 11, 2016 4:26 AM
Aug 2011
Freestyle80 said:

who even likes that shit

Wow, that's disgraceful.

Once all the shows this season had played their cards, this was easily my favorite.
(Even above Food Wars, unbelievably)

At least the studio deserved the flop...
How dare they portray / entertain mature concepts, and how DARE they give us an MC that isn't an impotent ball of insecurity and angst!?

Right?
Oct 12, 2016 12:28 AM

Jun 2014
Freestyle80 said:

who even likes that shit

It was always a planned 2 cour...get your facts straight
Let’s say you drink too much strawberry milk, and have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. You don’t want to get up, but the urge to urinate is just too strong! You run to the bathroom, stand in front of the toilet, and let loose! You think that all your life has led to this moment! YOU'RE STILL IN BED! That feeling of lukewarm wetness spreads! But you can’t stop! THAT’S THE TRUTH OF THE STRAWBERRY MILK! DO YOU GET IT? ~ Gintoki
An unforeseen situation... An unexpected turn of events... In the face of those, you too will face your true self. — Makishima Shougo
Oct 12, 2016 4:12 AM

Aug 2011
Not a chance, BD sales only 292..

Source
Oct 12, 2016 6:44 AM
Sep 2015
Such a shame really..... I was really hoping for a second season, but well it is Madhouse we are talking about. This and Shokugeki no Souma: S2 was the only animes that I didn't postpone because it was so good.
Oct 12, 2016 1:29 PM
Jul 2018
Normally when I watch a anime from madhouse and it's good it always disappoints me because Ik there will never be a second season :(
Oct 18, 2016 5:38 AM

Aug 2013
JUMP-Senshi said:
Freestyle80 said:

who even likes that shit

dont need facts, its a fcking shit show that doesnt even deserve an adaptation
Oct 18, 2016 4:19 PM

Jun 2014
Freestyle80 said:
JUMP-Senshi said:

dont need facts, its a fcking shit show that doesnt even deserve an adaptation

Not an adaptation scrub, an original. Heh I bet you think all CG is bad
Let’s say you drink too much strawberry milk, and have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. You don’t want to get up, but the urge to urinate is just too strong! You run to the bathroom, stand in front of the toilet, and let loose! You think that all your life has led to this moment! YOU'RE STILL IN BED! That feeling of lukewarm wetness spreads! But you can’t stop! THAT’S THE TRUTH OF THE STRAWBERRY MILK! DO YOU GET IT? ~ Gintoki
An unforeseen situation... An unexpected turn of events... In the face of those, you too will face your true self. — Makishima Shougo
Nov 25, 2016 6:27 AM
Aug 2013
I am so hoping there will be a season to follow up on this (even if its not likely) because honestly, I think I've never felt this much incompleteness after watching an anime. it ended without ever starting anything, somehow. you get a lot of foreshadowing just how famous the guy would be later on in his life, but than you dont see anything more but his first 2 years or so. And after watching the end i couldnt help but feel dissapointed that I actually wont get to see the real shit happening. Yeah I know Light Novel and manga and what not, but I still cant help it^^ I demand another season!
Nov 28, 2016 3:55 AM

Sep 2013
CrazyFrogz said:

Source

Those results made me puke ¬¬ Anime studios need another way of getting money asap. Relying only on BD sells is plain stupidity
Nov 28, 2016 4:26 AM

Dec 2014
nope no news yet....but I was satisfied with only one season though
Dec 2, 2016 11:55 PM

Dec 2015
ibraheem234 said:
I was satisfied with only one season though

How are you satisfied? It just barely started getting good and so much is still left to be explained. This story has the potential to have at least two more season just by filling in blanks.
Dec 6, 2016 6:15 PM

May 2016
Hylianticipated said:
ibraheem234 said:
I was satisfied with only one season though

How are you satisfied? It just barely started getting good and so much is still left to be explained. This story has the potential to have at least two more season just by filling in blanks.

This ^ , I've read comments on facebook (ppl who already read manga/light novel) and this anime have an insane potential with a second season

Why and how only madhouse is able to decide if they release a 2. season ?
Why it doesnt depend on another company?

@CrazyFrogz That is sad af m8
Infinity_DitthosDec 6, 2016 6:18 PM
Dec 6, 2016 6:24 PM

Dec 2015
@Deffenerst I really hope they do. I enjoyed this anime a lot, but a second season is absolutely necessary.
Dec 7, 2016 11:28 PM

Jul 2014
Really hoping for a 2nd season, but as usual, I never expect much... especially in this case since Madhouse is involved. I'm still waiting for several animes from years ago to get a 2nd season but lo and behold. ZILCH.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Dec 9, 2016 9:43 AM

Apr 2014
CrazyFrogz said:

Source

Well this is really fucking sad..
Dec 12, 2016 4:29 AM
Oct 2010
So much trigger!! Much trigger!!! To the people who say that this series have potential and should have more seasons! Are you even supporting the series financially like buying their products like manga, DVD/BD, LN and etc? If yes I feel your pain but if not! Then you have no right to demand and you people are being rude, its like you are saying to the producers that waste more money for my own benefits. Like I don't pay or everything but you should make more because it has potential... I don't want to argue but please stop this kind of thinking, yes the season 2 have 1-5% chance of being produce but rather than shit talking the studio, the action should be where and how could I buy and support the series? Not by saying that this anime and that anime should not have season 2 because it is shit, it just mean it has a big fan base....
Dec 18, 2016 4:19 PM
Aug 2013
bunnyheaven said:
So much trigger!! Much trigger!!! To the people who say that this series have potential and should have more seasons! Are you even supporting the series financially like buying their products like manga, DVD/BD, LN and etc? If yes I feel your pain but if not! Then you have no right to demand and you people are being rude, its like you are saying to the producers that waste more money for my own benefits. Like I don't pay or everything but you should make more because it has potential... I don't want to argue but please stop this kind of thinking, yes the season 2 have 1-5% chance of being produce but rather than shit talking the studio, the action should be where and how could I buy and support the series? Not by saying that this anime and that anime should not have season 2 because it is shit, it just mean it has a big fan base....

I havent found anything to buy in english .. just japanese and I really cant read japanese soo .. in case you found a site where I can order something in english I would be more than happy if you could share that with me .. ?
Jan 12, 2017 12:32 PM
Mar 2016
Funimation has rights and has up to Episode 11 done. It's not bad but definitely not the best.
Apr 23, 2017 8:48 AM

Oct 2013
CrazyFrogz said:

Source

Orange got the least sales but got a sequel.

So I don't see why Aldermin won't
Apr 23, 2017 11:14 AM

Apr 2013
dadnaya said:
CrazyFrogz said:

Source

Orange is a manga, it sells far more than novels. And that was a movie sequel, not a season 2.
Apr 25, 2017 1:06 PM
Apr 2017
well one thing for sure MadHouse really knows how to make people scream for sequel seasons XD
Apr 25, 2017 1:42 PM

Oct 2013
Zefyris said:
dadnaya said:

Orange is a manga, it sells far more than novels. And that was a movie sequel, not a season 2.

Ohh I see.

That makes sense lol
Apr 25, 2017 1:46 PM
ONE MORE PULL

Aug 2012
Their sales did terrible like most LN's that try to produce an anime in hopes of people reading their novels. Not to mention to top things off, Madhouse was involved in producing the series so RIP. There will be no season 2, it's a shame because the anime could potentially be so good if it continued. But all the more reason to actually cop out and read the LN.
Apr 25, 2017 1:48 PM

Dec 2014
Wtf even taboo tattoo sold more..
Jun 26, 2017 9:29 PM

Dec 2010
Baaaan said:
CrazyFrogz said:

Source

Those results made me puke ¬¬ Anime studios need another way of getting money asap. Relying only on BD sells is plain stupidity

Seriously, are there no commercials in Japan? Here physical sales are an afterthought. Also they shoot themselves in the foot with their pricing, I've only bought anime on sale.
Jul 13, 2017 1:40 PM
Sep 2009
Aurelius88 said:

Seriously, are there no commercials in Japan? Here physical sales are an afterthought. Also they shoot themselves in the foot with their pricing, I've only bought anime on sale.

As much as it sucks in situations like this, I still find anime's reliance on physical sales as a measure of a series' success far preferable to the idiotic hell that is the US system of using the ancient Nielsen Rating system for the same purpose.

Physical sales at least offer a fairly direct correlation to the popularity and financial success of a series - given how many anime run late-night, and, in comparison to even the most obscure of shows in the west, how incredibly niche they are (No American studio would ever bother producing shows that generate so little profit, regardless of a solid rate of return on investment due to low production costs), the income from commercials in their time-block likely barely covers the airtime. Physical sales therefore constitute the majority of revenue generated. It sucks when a series just doesn't generate the degree of revenue to justify a sequel, but at least the conclusion is generally grounded in hard facts, unpleasant though they may be.

The US alternative is to use the ratings by the Nielsen Company to estimate viewership, and use that as a basis for the cost of airing commercials during a show's time-slot, thus determining the revenue it generates. It is similar in that both measures of success are intrinsically tied to revenue generated, and, more importantly, the profit generated after all costs have been accounted for. But how that revenue is determined is very different:

Whereas a DVD/BD purchase can be seen as an obvious indicator of the purchaser's enjoyment of the series in addition to being a direct unit of measure of revenue, the value of the commercial slots in a US show, and the corresponding revenue, are not determined by any direct measure of a show's actual success or popularity.

Instead, ratings generated by Nielsen, using a non-random sample group of 35,000 households and individuals carefully selected to be both representative pf both their local region and the total population of US television viewers. Each participating household has a Nielsen Meter attached to their TV that records their viewing behavior; until just a few years ago, individual viewing behavior, used to estimate more specific demographics, such as popularity amongst 18-24 year old Hispanic females or 55-65 year old Caucasian males, was determined by a paper diary that these individuals filled out every day and sent in once a month. A few years back, they finally entered the 21st century and began slowly replacing the diaries with Personal Preference Meters (PPMs), which they also used as an excuse to increase their official sample size - since they were now accurately measuring the viewing behavior of individuals in addition to households, those individuals could now count as independent samples, allowing them to claim an almost doubled sample size.

Still, even with their new "larger" sample group, it is entirely made up of households and individuals specifically chosen for their demographic background who voluntarily agreed to have their TV habits measured. In other words, a group subject to severe sampling bias, far from a representative sample of the US population. And, going by Nielsen's 2015 estimate of roughly 116 million TVs in the US, every individual member of their sample group is each considered to accurately represent the TV preferences of 3,314 non-sampled households and individuals.

Anyone with even a remote understanding of statistics can tell you that is a load of crap. When Nielsen tried to expand into Scotland, they were openly dismissed after a testing period due to the astounding inaccuracy of their results. And yet, the success and failure of effectively every TV show in the US continues to be determined entirely by the numbers the folks at Nielsen pull out of their butt based on what their merry group of 35 thousand end up watching.

As such, I'm pretty happy with how success is measured in anime-land - my favorite series may routinely end up with no hope of a sequel while true junk easily lands its third or fourth 2-cour continuation, but at least I know that its mainly due to a majority of people born with no taste; in the US, shows are essentially renewed or cancelled based on what the Magic 8-Ball told them.
Feb 2, 2018 11:05 PM
Jul 2016
purposelycryptic said:
Aurelius88 said:

As much as it sucks in situations like this, I still find anime's reliance on physical sales as a measure of a series' success far preferable to the idiotic hell that is the US system of using the ancient Nielsen Rating system for the same purpose.

Physical sales at least offer a fairly direct correlation to the popularity and financial success of a series - given how many anime run late-night, and, in comparison to even the most obscure of shows in the west, how incredibly niche they are (No American studio would ever bother producing shows that generate so little profit, regardless of a solid rate of return on investment due to low production costs), the income from commercials in their time-block likely barely covers the airtime. Physical sales therefore constitute the majority of revenue generated. It sucks when a series just doesn't generate the degree of revenue to justify a sequel, but at least the conclusion is generally grounded in hard facts, unpleasant though they may be.

The US alternative is to use the ratings by the Nielsen Company to estimate viewership, and use that as a basis for the cost of airing commercials during a show's time-slot, thus determining the revenue it generates. It is similar in that both measures of success are intrinsically tied to revenue generated, and, more importantly, the profit generated after all costs have been accounted for. But how that revenue is determined is very different:

Whereas a DVD/BD purchase can be seen as an obvious indicator of the purchaser's enjoyment of the series in addition to being a direct unit of measure of revenue, the value of the commercial slots in a US show, and the corresponding revenue, are not determined by any direct measure of a show's actual success or popularity.

Instead, ratings generated by Nielsen, using a non-random sample group of 35,000 households and individuals carefully selected to be both representative pf both their local region and the total population of US television viewers. Each participating household has a Nielsen Meter attached to their TV that records their viewing behavior; until just a few years ago, individual viewing behavior, used to estimate more specific demographics, such as popularity amongst 18-24 year old Hispanic females or 55-65 year old Caucasian males, was determined by a paper diary that these individuals filled out every day and sent in once a month. A few years back, they finally entered the 21st century and began slowly replacing the diaries with Personal Preference Meters (PPMs), which they also used as an excuse to increase their official sample size - since they were now accurately measuring the viewing behavior of individuals in addition to households, those individuals could now count as independent samples, allowing them to claim an almost doubled sample size.

Still, even with their new "larger" sample group, it is entirely made up of households and individuals specifically chosen for their demographic background who voluntarily agreed to have their TV habits measured. In other words, a group subject to severe sampling bias, far from a representative sample of the US population. And, going by Nielsen's 2015 estimate of roughly 116 million TVs in the US, every individual member of their sample group is each considered to accurately represent the TV preferences of 3,314 non-sampled households and individuals.

Anyone with even a remote understanding of statistics can tell you that is a load of crap. When Nielsen tried to expand into Scotland, they were openly dismissed after a testing period due to the astounding inaccuracy of their results. And yet, the success and failure of effectively every TV show in the US continues to be determined entirely by the numbers the folks at Nielsen pull out of their butt based on what their merry group of 35 thousand end up watching.

As such, I'm pretty happy with how success is measured in anime-land - my favorite series may routinely end up with no hope of a sequel while true junk easily lands its third or fourth 2-cour continuation, but at least I know that its mainly due to a majority of people born with no taste; in the US, shows are essentially renewed or cancelled based on what the Magic 8-Ball told them.

I know this is an old Post, and I REALLY wish this show had a second season, I just finished re watching it today.

But seriously to the guy I quoted. You sound like an idiot. While the rating system in the US may be outdated, it makes sense to continue shows with viewership and drop ones without much more than entirely on physical sales. You come across as a straight up weeb.
Feb 9, 2018 10:48 AM
Feb 2017
I hope a second season will come but from what I’ve learned and experienced it’s not likely that a second season will come in the future to bad really is a shame.-_-
Feb 28, 2018 10:50 PM
Dec 2017
The characters were good and it was really getting exiciting and it ended.

We will not be able to see how far the main character will go and get famous. I hope there will be a second season.
Apr 7, 2018 5:57 PM
Feb 2012
purposelycryptic said:
Aurelius88 said:

Anyone with even a remote understanding of statistics can tell you that this is how the statistic works. You take a small sample and apply it to the whole. Usually exit polls before the election have just a few percents of difference. The better your sample, the better is the result. I can assume that US system is not perfect, but quite accurate. On the other hand, judjing by BDs is judjing by the fan base. So unless the show has kawaii girls and boys or shiny robots it won't sell well. Japan really need to start thinking out of the box or we are going to lose more and more of the good shows.
Apr 7, 2018 8:38 PM
Sep 2009
somebody_else said:
purposelycryptic said:

Anyone with even a remote understanding of statistics can tell you that this is how the statistic works. You take a small sample and apply it to the whole. Usually exit polls before the election have just a few percents of difference. The better your sample, the better is the result. I can assume that US system is not perfect, but quite accurate. On the other hand, judjing by BDs is judjing by the fan base. So unless the show has kawaii girls and boys or shiny robots it won't sell well. Japan really need to start thinking out of the box or we are going to lose more and more of the good shows.

Anyone with even a remote understanding of statistics would be embarrassed for you for that oversimplified and inaccurate assessment.
Extrapolation is one form of statistical analysis, yes, but the quality of the results is entirely dependent on how representative your sample is of the population as a whole; how you became convinced that Nielsen's samples are "quite accurate"is beyond me, as they have been continuously criticized for the terribly nonrepresentative nature of their samples for decades now. As I mentioned in my previous post, their methodology by its nature creates a grievous selection bias, as every member of their sample group has to willingly sign up to have a special monitoring device set up in their living room .. which has been shown in multiple studies to be a very small percentage of the population, most of whom are sufficiently idiosyncrasitic to make them unsuitable as subjects for generalization to the general populace. Or to put it simply, their samples are bad, which means their extrapolations based on those samples are non-representative, which makes their ratings useless for measuring what they are meant to measure.

But TV production companies don't really care, as long as the system gives them some sort of viewership distribution numbers they can use to gauge how much advertising income a series will make - the statistics themselves could be randomly scribbled by monkeys for all they care, because they get the same money whether they are accurate or not. Advertisers should care, but since they have no other system to go on, they've just mostly accepted it.

In Japan, fans of an anime series will buy DVDs/BDs - those who are not fans will not. While it's hard to base your budget almost entirely on disc sales (No US live-action production could ever survive on it), it is an fairly direct measure of a series' popularity, no extrapolation required. You may not like kawaii girls and boys or shiny robots, but at least there is a straightforward logic to why it is being produced - people like it and buy it. The US system represents nothing, and costs a whole lot of money to do so
Apr 18, 2018 9:36 AM
Feb 2012
purposelycryptic said:

I've never said that accuracy of the sample does not matter, but US system generally is accurate. And advertising price is not the only purpose, cable tv uses those ratings too. Maybe I am confusing something, as I am not from US, but how many really good shows, do you know, has been cancelled or left in a hangout in US? On the other hand I know quite a few in the anime world. It is actually so abundant in the anime industry that we don't even talk about it anymore...

Now BD's don't actually represent the number of people who are willing to watch the show, but the number of people who are willing to pay for extra content - unrestricted panty shots or pixel perfect graphics on a big screen. There are quite a few shows with a huge fan base, but with little BD sales. They would do more money by uploading those series on youtube than selling BDs... For example - how many did a popular show like Mob Psycho 100 make from BD's? Like a 100k? Do you really think it is representative of something?
May 4, 2018 6:02 AM
Feb 2017
I doubt it since the anime is from mad house which is known for not making any season 2
May 4, 2018 8:24 AM
Mar 2014
__TrAiLbLaZeR__ said:
I doubt it since the anime is from mad house which is known for not making any season 2
why are people still responding to this post, i had my hopes when the show came out and made the question, but somehow people show up to this post every 4 months and reply to 2 year old posts.
May 5, 2018 5:01 AM
Feb 2017
krillerthekille said:
__TrAiLbLaZeR__ said:
why are people still responding to this post, i had my hopes when the show came out and made the question, but somehow people show up to this post every 4 months and reply to 2 year old posts.

Its simple there are some people hoping for another season since some of us just watched the anime
May 6, 2018 5:45 AM

Apr 2013
__TrAiLbLaZeR__ said:

Madhouse not making season 2 is just a weird superstition from western anime audience.
There is no such thing as a studio willingly not making seasons 2
Although this one will NOT get a season 2 indeed, since the novels will be finished with the next volume, and that it's super rare to see a novel series getting an adaptation after being finished. So since still nothing being announced, yeah, not gonna happen.
Aug 12, 2018 1:53 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Would love a S2 but if they adapt vol 7 of the LN it would leave alot of people ragging, huge spoilers (you were warned):
Oct 21, 2018 12:43 PM

May 2017
why always a great anime like this hard to get a sequel?
Oct 22, 2018 8:43 AM

Apr 2013
Akabane_Atalai said:
why always a great anime like this hard to get a sequel?

They put newbies as the main staff and then got surprised when the newbies screwed up with the adaptation. Figure.~
Nov 11, 2018 9:20 PM
Oct 2018
SympathyRS said:
Ratchetdude231 said:
It was quite good Imo, pity that with most animes that I enjoy, the chances of getting another season are dim... I think they just want us to read the LN lol
only problem with that is time in hand, otherwise i would uave completed every single LN that ever came.
Dec 31, 2018 9:57 AM

May 2013
season 2? i hope not, this adaptation was a disaster.

Too bad, it's has some good characters. got 7/10 for me because of then.
Even tho the history is meh.
May 16, 2020 7:08 PM
Jun 2019
bunnyheaven said:
this kind of hurt me but You're right bout this
Aug 19, 2020 7:51 AM

Sep 2010
Playcool said:
Would love a S2 but if they adapt vol 7 of the LN it would leave alot of people ragging, huge spoilers (you were warned):

Reading spoilers from the end of the LN made me upset so I'm glad it ended where it did cause I was like wow this really went downhill lol.

Ikta was the best character though he reminds me of Yang Wenli when I was watching the anime.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» YATORI

Bijou146 - Aug 31, 2023

13 by Ash_In_Space »»
Apr 22, 9:24 PM

» Aren't the spirits completely unnecessary?

Yeetyus - Feb 9

5 by Zefyris »»
Mar 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

70 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 27, 2023 10:09 PM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2016

136 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 27, 2023 12:34 AM

» Why is the princess obsessed with Ilkta?

Aithusa21 - Jul 30, 2022

5 by Zefyris »»
May 18, 2023 10:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.