Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 2, 2016 12:17 PM

Mar 2015
Registration is now closed!

A big thanks to everyone who registered for FAL Fall 2016! This season has a total of 450 (w3w) teams. We're happy that so many people are interested in FAL and hope everyone has lots of fun~
Good luck everyone, and may the best team win!

Listed below are the initial teams for this season. Please note that we won't edit this list as the season progresses. Instead, you'll find a detailed overview of your team's status for every week later in the FAL club forum. Make sure to join and frequently check the FAL club for the newest information.

Please follow the link below to see if your team is correct. The titles are sorted alphabetically (order doesn't matter). Make sure that your active team and bench are correctly separated. If you spot a mistake, please report it by sending a PM to FALbot before October 6th, 23:59 UTC. We will only accept corrections if your team is different from the one you sent us. You can't swap titles if you changed your mind (not even between active team and bench).

Click here to check your teams!

Team Stats:

Feel free to use this thread to discuss your team choices and speculate!
_Ghost_Mar 26, 2017 12:04 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 2, 2016 12:38 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
With 450 total teams this season, that means that the threshold for receiving the 2x watching+completed bonus on any given week will be 14 (the math being 450*0.03 = 13.5, rounded up to 14). If it's on 15 or more active teams that week, no bonus points.

Pick and time your swaps carefully, players!
Oct 2, 2016 12:45 PM

Dec 2011
Hmm looks like I might have rather more competition for last place this time than last. Quite a few people with 5 series that I reckon will be low scorers on their teams (some of which are starting with 4 on their team already), and one with 6. As opposed to last time where there were only 2 with 5, one of whom had two huge scorers in their team to start with and never switched anything, and noone with 6.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 2, 2016 12:48 PM
Sep 2014
My team consists of the seven most popular picks. Neat.

Good luck to everyone.

Jul 2007
kuuderes_shadow said:
Hmm looks like I might have rather more competition for last place this time than last.

You are again aiming for that? xD
Would check your team right now, but the server seems to be dead.

Nvm, saw it now. Haha, nice.
SorarinOct 2, 2016 12:52 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
I'm surprised I have a unique team. Not having Occultic;Nine on my team for week 1 is a risk, but I did that on purpose. Let's see if my plan ends up working though...

@kuuderes_shadow Are we going to be seeing some of your great user FAL stats soon?
p r o f i l e 👀
Oct 2, 2016 12:54 PM
Jul 2018
never considered Hibike! Euphonium 2 but wow its third on the list

no one has the same team as me. I'm actually happy about that.
Oct 2, 2016 12:58 PM

Nov 2012
deciding on a team was really difficult this time, let's see if it will work out for me.
good luck to everyone~
Oct 2, 2016 12:58 PM

Dec 2011
@Naruleach - not much interesting happening on the user participation front this time other than the stuff I already posted.

How about this one, though:

Both Occultic;Nine and Drifters are on more teams (both in total and in starting) than any other series in FAL history.

Other >300s (in total team count):
Shokugeki no Souma - 325 (Spring 2015)
Amagi Brilliant Park - 311 (Fall 2014)
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - 308 (Spring 2014)
Owari no Seraph - 301 (Spring 2015)

It's worth noting that NONE of these series ended up being the top scoring series for the season. Mahouka is the only one that came second, but it was also the most distant second placed series in FAL history.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 2, 2016 12:59 PM

Sep 2011
I'm somewhat surprised about all the picks for Euphonium
Oct 2, 2016 1:01 PM

Aug 2008
As a first timer in FAL wasn't sure what a decent team would be so just went with the series I am most likely not to put in the trashcan this season xD Hope I do well.

Btw may someone give me an example of when is a "right" time to swap/what should I take in consideration when swapping a series?

@Naruleach you never know. It's A-1, they might fail big time (yet again) which will result in more users dropping the series.

My Anime Lists: AniDB & MAL
Oct 2, 2016 1:04 PM

Jul 2012
Euphonium would be a good choice for when scores are counted. Still I didn't pick it. I'm rather surprised with Trickster.
Oct 2, 2016 1:15 PM

Dec 2011
Sorarin said:
kuuderes_shadow said:
Hmm looks like I might have rather more competition for last place this time than last.

You are again aiming for that? xD

Yeah, I screwed up massively last time with my actions during the season, and want to do better this time around.
Oct 2, 2016 1:19 PM

Apr 2013
Seeing Hibiki! in the top 3 picked anime is a little surprising.. and a bit concerning because I don't have it on my team.

Picking a team for this season was really difficult imo, so I have no idea what to expect. Should be an interesting season.
Oct 2, 2016 1:21 PM

Aug 2015
Looks like I have an Unique team! :O

Looks like I'm one of the very few who went to the trouble of picking some less popular titles like Okusama ga Seitokaichou, Flip Flappers and Girlish number!! (though 2 of them are bench)

I'm screwed! ;_;
Oct 2, 2016 1:28 PM

Sep 2010
silverwalls said:
deciding on a team was really difficult this time, let's see if it will work out for me.
good luck to everyone~

wth you have the same active team as mine. That means i'll either score higher than last season or that you'll score lower than last seaason

RihanM said:
I'm somewhat surprised about all the picks for Euphonium

ikr? lst season i was screwed by picking 2 sequels, so i tried to stay way from sequels this time. hope i'm not wrong

"Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Oct 2, 2016 1:29 PM

May 2013
oh wow this is the most teams I have seen for Fal
Oct 2, 2016 1:31 PM

Aug 2011
So surprised to see Natsume on so many teams. It's like the fifth season and 4 years ago about 50k people were watching it at the end of the season. Hibike did not perfom great as well not being in the top 10 at the end.
Gonna be interesting to see my all-in pick. Got the exact same team as last FAL's winner so there's that. Fun !
Oct 2, 2016 1:34 PM

Mar 2014
Hibike! S2 getting picked a lot has to do with how hyped it is from its fanbase.

I'm expecting 3-gatsu no Lion to rise in popularity from the next week(have it benched atm).

My expections for top 5 series at the end of the season goes as follows:

1. Drifters
2. Occultic;Nine
3. Keijo!!!!!!!!
4. 3-gatsu no Lion
5. Hibike! Euphonium 2
Oct 2, 2016 1:40 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
I think Yuri!!! on Ice is going to be this season's dark horse. The staff working on it is quite the dream team after all.
p r o f i l e 👀
Oct 2, 2016 1:42 PM

Dec 2011
Z-Dante said:
Looks like I have an Unique team! :O

Looks like I'm one of the very few who went to the trouble of picking some less popular titles like Okusama ga Seitokaichou, Flip Flappers and Girlish number!! (though 2 of them are bench)

I'm screwed! ;_;

A unique team won in Fall 2012 and then again Fall 2014, so we should be due one to win this time as well, right?
And perhaps it could be you?
Or then again perhaps not.

161 said:
It's like the fifth season and 4 years ago about 50k people were watching it at the end of the season.

People putting it in their teams for the score weeks - look at the scores of the previous parts of the series, and remember that MAL's system skews scores of later seasons upwards. On weeks 10 and 14 the watch count doesn't really matter much (although for week 14 a low watch count would also reduce the fav count), and there's a lot of points up for grabs on those weeks.
Oct 2, 2016 1:42 PM
Sep 2014
161 said:
So surprised to see Natsume on so many teams. It's like the fifth season and 4 years ago about 50k people were watching it at the end of the season. Hibike did not perfom great as well not being in the top 10 at the end.
Gonna be interesting to see my all-in pick. Got the exact same team as last FAL's winner so there's that. Fun !

Sequels like Natsume or Hibike are almost guaranteed high scores, low drop rates, and a decent amount of favourites which make them perfect for the later weeks when those factors matter more than #watching.
Oct 2, 2016 1:45 PM

Mar 2014
Naruleach said:
I think Yuri!!! on Ice is going to be this season's dark horse. The staff working on it is quite the dream team after all.

I would have put Yuri on Ice in as well, but for some reason I just felt like it won't reach top 5 most popular in the end. Time will tell I guess.

161 said:

To be fair, Hibike! S1 had a lot of competition on its season(plus not well known at the time as well).
Oct 2, 2016 1:48 PM

Nov 2008
I decided it would be more fun if I knew nothing about what anime I was choosing and picked randomly xD lets see how it goes (probably not very well!)
Oct 2, 2016 1:56 PM

Mar 2014
Samii said:
Euphonium would be a good choice for when scores are counted. Still I didn't pick it. I'm rather surprised with Trickster.
I considered Trickster on PTW numbers alone, and I'm sure that's why so many picked it, but I doubt it'll go far, same for Nanbaka.
But I picked Keijo being just as insecure about it.
There's not many clear winners here aside from Drifters and Occultic;Nine, everything else is on the same level, it's going to be interesting. Hopefully I remember to check things more this time so I don't lose points by not swapping at the right time and whatnot.
Oct 2, 2016 1:59 PM

Aug 2011
kuuderes_shadow said:

People putting it in their teams for the score weeks - look at the scores of the previous parts of the series, and remember that MAL's system skews scores of later seasons upwards. On weeks 10 and 14 the watch count doesn't really matter much (although for week 14 a low watch count would also reduce the fav count), and there's a lot of points up for grabs on those weeks.

Heartman said:

Sequels like Natsume or Hibike are almost guaranteed high scores, low drop rates, and a decent amount of favourites which make them perfect for the later weeks when those factors matter more than #watching.

Heartman said:

To be fair, Hibike! S1 had a lot of competition on its season(plus not well known at the time as well).

I think ultimately this is true, but it means that you use 1 or 2 spots on your team (most often one on your bench) and use them to put them in at 2 occasions. If you put them in Week 10 you will want to use a Wildcard because in Week 11 points would go downhill with the watcher count. And looking at the shows airing this season I thought that the points I could potentially get with one risky pick more on my team will outweigh the advantage the high score and low drop rate brings. If that made any sense at all
Oct 2, 2016 2:00 PM

Sep 2011
Naruleach said:
I wouldn't say that tbh. It's figureskating. Most people will stay away from it, and even I'm not interested in even watching it due to skating—which I have no interest in as a sport. Not to mention it's all guys.
Oct 2, 2016 2:05 PM
Sep 2010
There were some difficult choices to make this time. I'd like to think I've made the right ones, but it's not like I've ever come in first before so I've reason to doubt. Really banking on Keijo!!!!!!!! not holding up in the rankings for long. And that the fujoshi contingent will turn out in the numbers they have in the past. And even if that all does work out, I'm sure some dark horse will emerge and ruin my chances anyway. Good luck to whoever's figured out the proper alchemy to win this season.
Oct 2, 2016 2:05 PM

Aug 2015
Welp, starting with odd teams are where this is all about.. :v
And I think I got a pretty good unique team. Except for 1/2 titles..

I think the new Mahou Shoujo animu will be pretty great for this season :3

And idk about drifters... To me, it looks like it might end in disappointment aka trainwreck! So decided to stay away from it :P
Oct 2, 2016 2:17 PM

Dec 2013
Should've probably added 3-gatsu to my bench, damn.

Either Trickster or Shuumatsu has a chance of surprising us and being really good (or really bad) since they're originals, and MahoIku has that "shock factor" of MM that could reel in more people to watch it in the later weeks. The sequels and adaptations of popular source materials are more of a safe bet for me (I don't know if this is strategically smart since I'm new though).

Good luck everyone!
Oct 2, 2016 2:19 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
If Occult and Drifters had been blacklisted as well (not to say they should have been) this would have been a super interesting season. Almost always I'm not very confident in my choices and I always like to have one "who knows" series that might do awesome or might flop. This time, I'm not confident in more than half my team—which means I spent entirely too much time agonising over it and the outcome will be interesting to see.

May also be that most casual users will get more homework done this semester and none of the series will really take off.
Oct 2, 2016 2:23 PM
Sep 2014
161 said:
Heartman said:

Hey I didn't say that :P

Paulo27 said:
Samii said:
I considered Trickster on PTW numbers alone, and I'm sure that's why so many picked it, but I doubt it'll go far, same for Nanbaka.
There's not many clear winners here aside from Drifters and Occultic;Nine, everything else is on the same level, it's going to be interesting. Hopefully I remember to check things more this time so I don't lose points by not swapping at the right time and whatnot.

I expect Keijo to be very popular early on but slowly fade as the season progresses. Trickster is the pick that I'm the least confident in but I found many of the alternatives just as unreliable (Nanbaka, Yuri on Ice, etc.). At least Trickster starts earlier than the rest of them which may give it a slight boost for week 1.
Oct 2, 2016 2:30 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
All seven of my series in the top ten chosen, but only share my team with one other? Interesting. I only share my starting five with two others. Should be a fun season.
Oct 2, 2016 3:06 PM

Oct 2012
Hey @Stark700, we're bros this season, good luck!

All that matters is that I beat @AlexTheRiot, but we ended picking the same seven series... so our entire battle boils down to how Trickster and Nanbaka do this week lol.
Oct 2, 2016 3:07 PM

Aug 2011
Heartman said:

Hey I didn't say that :P

Excuse me and my inability to use multiple quotes :'D
Oct 2, 2016 3:20 PM

Sep 2011
Kineta said:
If Occult and Drifters had been blacklisted as well (not to say they should have been) this would have been a super interesting season. Almost always I'm not very confident in my choices and I always like to have one "who knows" series that might do awesome or might flop. This time, I'm not confident in more than half my team—which means I spent entirely too much time agonising over it and the outcome will be interesting to see.

May also be that most casual users will get more homework done this semester and none of the series will really take off.
Time for you to lose
Oct 2, 2016 3:26 PM
Jul 2016
My list of anime
I could care less what you guys see so here it is
Keijo!!!!!!!!
3-gatsu no Lion
Hibike! Euphonium 2
Drifters
Occultic;Nine
Shuumatsu no Izetta
Natsume Yuujinchou Go

Keijo because Ecchi
3-gatsu no Lion because manga is critically acclaimed + live action show
Hibike Euphonium 2 because KyoAni is the shit
Drifters because looks like people like it
Occultic;Nine because Steins;Gate creator
Shuumatsu no Izetta because looks good and have good story
Natsume Yuujinchou Go because Cult following
Oct 2, 2016 4:20 PM

Mar 2012
Didn't think that many would have Keijo in active team. I mean it will just about PLOT you know. I'm not that confidence to have it in the first week.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 2, 2016 7:05 PM

Feb 2012
Not expecting to do well this season. Too hard to pick, so picked which shows I would like, which never turns out well. Hopefully I finish top 100.
Oct 2, 2016 7:53 PM

Nov 2011
xspookydarknessx said:
Hey @Stark700, we're bros this season, good luck!

Should be fun then.

Regarding the teams, I'm sure a lot of people will switch out Keijo!!!!!!!! eventually. Btw, there is no reason to choose Luger Code 1951. I am pretty sure it's a TV special rather than a full series.
Oct 2, 2016 8:35 PM

Jul 2009
I regret picking Euphonium. -_-
Oct 2, 2016 9:22 PM

Feb 2009
NeoAnkara said:
Didn't think that many would have Keijo in active team. I mean it will just about PLOT you know. I'm not that confidence to have it in the first week.
The initial buzz about it will be beneficial for the Watching and Forum Discussions. When the Score and Dropped numbers factor in, it would be safe to swap it out. At least that's my reasoning. That is, if my bench will take off as well.
Oct 2, 2016 10:50 PM

Aug 2012
xspookydarknessx said:

All that matters is that I beat @AlexTheRiot, but we ended picking the same seven series... so our entire battle boils down to how Trickster and Nanbaka do this week lol.
Get wrecked son. Trickster bout to flop hard. And for the record I'd picked Shuumatsu before it aired ;)
Oct 2, 2016 11:00 PM

Jan 2012
I took only two hours to do my picks the last day so I'm probably going to lose badly this time. ^^

I didn't know what to take for my seventh pick, I went with Shuumatsu but I could also have taken one of these :

15 - Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru: 60 (34)
16 - Luger Code 1951: 45 (26)
17 - Fune wo Amu: 40 (16)
18 - Brave Witches: 39 (18)
19 - Watashi ga Motete Dousunda: 39 (17)
20 - Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari: 37 (17)
Oct 3, 2016 12:32 AM

Jul 2012
Heartman said:
Paulo27 said:

I expect Keijo to be very popular early on but slowly fade as the season progresses. Trickster is the pick that I'm the least confident in but I found many of the alternatives just as unreliable (Nanbaka, Yuri on Ice, etc.). At least Trickster starts earlier than the rest of them which may give it a slight boost for week 1.

The reason I didn't pick Trickster is because I assumed it would be dropped by a lot of people. Also, Keijo seemed like it would get lots of discussion points thus my reason for choosing it (though I'm also insecure about it).
Oct 3, 2016 4:08 AM

Oct 2012
Wow.....I actually shared the same active team with 2 other people.........

Here I was gunning for unique team zzz.

Gotta sink to the bottom this FAL.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Oct 3, 2016 4:16 AM

Jul 2007
NeoAnkara said:

Yeah and it's pretty risky because no one really knows if it will be censored or not. Therefore I put it on my bench.

But this time around we don't have a battle harem, so I thought maybe those guys will watch Keijo.
Oct 3, 2016 8:11 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
More than half of the field picked Keijo? Damn. I don't ever remember a super ecchi series like this one finishing highly in FAL. I left it off of my team because of that. Hopefully, it wasn't a mistake.
Oct 3, 2016 8:40 AM

Dec 2011
Sorarin said:
NeoAnkara said:

Yeah and it's pretty risky because no one really knows if it will be censored or not. Therefore I put it on my bench.

But this time around we don't have a battle harem, so I thought maybe those guys will watch Keijo.

There really isn't much of an overlap in the fandoms, even though there are a very few series that successfully appeal to both groups. People who watch battle harems are people who want to watch battle harems. Not those who want to watch boob-filled sports with no harem or battle in sight.
Oct 3, 2016 8:43 AM

Jul 2014
Unique team, (which is my only goal with these things) and only 3 people picked AotS Takkyuu Musume, awesome
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Voting

Nate - Yesterday

9 by jay »»
53 minutes ago

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (April 2024) VOTING

KarenShirotori - Apr 21

15 by Taiyaki »»
Yesterday, 2:29 PM

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Nominations

Nate - Apr 1

9 by Nate »»
Yesterday, 6:14 AM

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (April 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - Apr 1

8 by KarenShirotori »»
Apr 21, 4:05 AM

» Best Profile Design (January 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - Feb 4

7 by batslimeman »»
Apr 17, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.