Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 2, 2016 1:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was intense...

The recap part was short and straight to the point so I'm glad the season picked up pretty quickly. Aina and others are still in their position. Meanwhile, I can sense more political affairs developing in this sequel already.

I feel like Aina has became more mature this season as well. Hopefully she can carry out her responsibilities. Good start so far. That Rage of Dust theme song is pretty damn catchy if you ask me.
Oct 2, 2016 4:10 AM

Dec 2014
That was epic, Epic restart to the series.
Barbatos's boot-up scene into Mika's entry was just plain awesome, Started grinning the moment I saw 'Gundam Frame Barbatos' in the monitor. XD
That shot of Barbatos amidst the smoke with the eye flash was just so damn cool.

Anyhow, So much has happened post the events of the first series. The recap in the beginning about how everything has changed gave me chills.
Tekkadan have become a big organization now and a direct partner to Teiwaz, Kudeila started her own company and even an orphanage, She looks good in that suit of hers.
Gjallarhorn have lost their foothold politically after the corruption came to light, However Tekkadan's success has caused one major issue, The increase in Human Debris and kids being shoved out the battlefield. A sad but expected outcome since Tekkadan was actually only a bunch of kids after all.
McGillis is now commander and still looking to revolutionize Gjallarhorn, Possible new antagonist showcased as well.
Mika's become famous earning the title of 'Demon' and 'Fiend'.

One of the most interesting things about this episode was how the kids were actually more mature in their attitude towards war and battle compared to that young adult group that had a little spotlight. Especially noticeable in the scene where the kids ask them to refuel the Mobile Worker and those guys reply with their naive thought that they had already won the battle, The kid knew never to underestimate a battle. That was a really interesting point and shows how much Tekkadan has changed.

Can't wait to see how the story is gonna develop from now.
Oct 2, 2016 4:25 AM

Oct 2014
Awesome episode. How many years passed since S1? I missed this point or it hasn't been discussed?
Oct 2, 2016 4:36 AM

Apr 2012
Great episode!

Mika makes a dynamic entrance once again into the battlefield.

ALso that masked man better be Gaelio!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Oct 2, 2016 4:37 AM

Jul 2016
PizzaWarrior said:
Awesome episode. How many years passed since S1? I missed this point or it hasn't been discussed?

It's only been half a year.
Oct 2, 2016 5:09 AM
Feb 2015
Nice to see this back, still Kudelia looks much older compared to season 1, must be the clothes and hair.
ixarisingOct 2, 2016 5:14 AM
Oct 2, 2016 5:18 AM

Apr 2015
Glad to see a new masked man (gaelio obvs)
Didn't quite like the 1st ep as much as season 1's but the ending was nice and I like the new characters so far!
Oct 2, 2016 5:29 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Masked character sighted on the ED visuals!!!

Hmm, who could that be from that season? :P Hype for that.

New recruits, one got a heavy focus especially, interesting.
Oct 2, 2016 5:32 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
One heck of an info dump to start with, would have preferred to have it presented in another matter. Nevertheless, one heck of a good start to the second season. Missed this series.[ quote=Smudy message=47997896]Masked character sighted on the ED visuals!!!

Hmm, who could that be from that season? :P Hype for that.

New recruits, one got a heavy focus especially, interesting.[/quote]

I'm thinking the new recruit might be Fareed Willis' guy inside in Tekkaman. Just a wild guess
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 2, 2016 5:42 AM

Apr 2014
wow spyair,orga shirtless guys,mac gillis,new characters,orga in a maroon suit ,tekkadam,mikazuki,kudelia,tons of testosterone....I missed this so much
and 1st episode 1st battle so good
Oct 2, 2016 5:42 AM

Aug 2015
Great first episode it was awesome to see the whole crew once again.
Oct 2, 2016 6:15 AM

Dec 2015
Really loved the first season and have high expectations for this second one.

I think this one will be just as great ! The end of the episode was really nice, can't wait until next week.
Oct 2, 2016 6:18 AM

Sep 2016
wow bakugou joined tekkadan xd
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 2, 2016 6:34 AM

May 2013
after half a year
==========
Mikazuki -> same
Orga -> same
Atra -> same
Kudelia -> so much development...... (if you know what i mean)
Oct 2, 2016 7:10 AM

Nov 2008
It felt like a longer time skip like a year and a half, so much has changed, the new mass production mobile suits are pretty damn cool and the Barbatos Lupus is pretty good, save for the characters from the first season, they haven't changed, save for Kudelia, she looks way older than in the first season. I also noticed that the new recruits are getting more focus, if Sunrise goes this route for the long haul, they'll need to get at least one of them a Gundam or some kind of custom mobile suit down the line.

Oct 2, 2016 7:14 AM

Sep 2015
Was pretty excited about this! Great to see the crew again. Kudelia looks a bit different. Pretty intense.
Oct 2, 2016 7:14 AM

Nov 2012
that was a good start to the second season, looking forward to what's to come, especially with the new recruits who look pretty interesting.
Oct 2, 2016 7:37 AM
Dec 2014
Zack is already one of my fave characters XD and Barbatos landing was kick ass, I wish the episode wasn't done there needed to be so much more :(
Oct 2, 2016 7:41 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
*RAISES FLAGS AGAIN INTENSELY*

Man I missed this show so fucking much....I loved this
Oct 2, 2016 7:45 AM

Oct 2008
Prety good start.
And well, that ED song is damn good.
Oct 2, 2016 8:13 AM

Sep 2011
Oh sweet i was right, the entirety of IBO's PV was just episode 26, they set up alot with this episode even with a pretty forced fight near the end, I'm really excited to see where it goes. I do worry that the new cast members for the protaognist side could be an annoyance and i really hope they didnt just introduce the main antagonist midway through the show when they already have mcgillis. And ill forgive the info dropping it did at the start cause there was no need to bog down the pacing explaining all this since this episode successfully set up the entire political climate of the 2nd half right out the gate so they could jump straight into the actual plot. All things considered even though the episode was technically slow paced they crammed this episode with alot of plot development even if it meant more or less putting mikazuki to the side.

Really curious where this is going, the opening is really heavily hinting at the thing ive wanted to see the most since the original show which is mikazuki's subconsciously buried emotions. I'm still expecting the show to take it slow and easy for the first few episodes but theres definitely going to be a much greater conflict this time around given how the scale has pretty much quadrupled. Hopefully okada doesnt get screwed over by execs this time around cause she wanted to make the original series have a much darker conclusion and the way things are moving now seem to be pointing at her wanting that direction for this 2nd half.

Oh and only worth noting since the first season looked like ass, but the drawing quality and animation is better. Nothing mindblowing but theres much higher detail in the drawings especially for the mechs and i didnt notice much in the way of off model characters save for some excusable far distance shots which are kind of unavoidable. Movement is still janky for the mechs but its better than it was last season. It might still wind up being quality central come next episode and up though.

Farabeuf said:
One heck of an info dump to start with, would have preferred to have it presented in another matter. Nevertheless, one heck of a good start to the second season. Missed this series.[
I think the info dump is fair, alot of stuff needed to be presented and it would of likley taken so much time to show all of that this entire episode would be dedicated to just the set up it establishes in the first 2 minutes. All things considered this episode was jam packed with set up and plot development.

Farabeuf said:
if Sunrise goes this route for the long haul, they'll need to get at least one of them a Gundam or some kind of custom mobile suit down the line.
Zack will likley be the one who gets a gundam. That or hes gonna wind up backstabbing them all, ive noticed hes kind of similar to eurgene personality wise, and in the original script okada actually wanted eugene to betray tekkadan. This is a really big stretch to assume this will happen though im just throwing out the possibility since he doesnt seem like the biggest team player.
JizzyHitlerOct 2, 2016 8:23 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 2, 2016 8:31 AM

Apr 2015
JizzyHitler said:

Farabeuf said:
if Sunrise goes this route for the long haul, they'll need to get at least one of them a Gundam or some kind of custom mobile suit down the line.
Zack will likley be the one who gets a gundam. That or hes gonna wind up backstabbing them all, ive noticed hes kind of similar to eurgene personality wise, and in the original script okada actually wanted eugene to betray tekkadan. This is a really big stretch to assume this will happen though im just throwing out the possibility since he doesnt seem like the biggest team player.

I think you're talking about Hash not zack
Oct 2, 2016 8:36 AM

Sep 2011
Raz1515 said:
JizzyHitler said:

Maybe i didnt memorize the names to faced, im talking about the guy that everyone jokes looks like saitama with white hair.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 2, 2016 8:37 AM

Apr 2015
JizzyHitler said:
Raz1515 said:

Maybe i didnt memorize the names to faced, im talking about the guy that everyone jokes looks like saitama with white hair.

Yup that's hash lol
Oct 2, 2016 9:00 AM
Sep 2015
I really like how they showed that there were consequences to Tekkadan's actions from the first season, and that not quite everything is sunshine and rainbows.

Farabeuf said:

I'm thinking the new recruit might be Fareed Willis' guy inside in Tekkaman. Just a wild guess

Hash didn't seem to have the temperament/instinct/maturity (can't quite put my finger on the term I'm looking for here) to be an inside man to me. I think Fareed's guy on Mars is probably Todo, since he made an appearance in the next ep preview.
Oct 2, 2016 9:14 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
awww yiiiis feels good to see IBO back.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 2, 2016 9:20 AM
Dec 2015
YESSSS finally IBO is back!

Im Love how Kudelia is looking more mature now. The others are the same, but I also love how Orga is looking like a gansta hahahaah

The arrive of Mika at the battle was epic (one more time)

Im curious about the development of the new characters.

DONT STOP THE HYPE
Oct 2, 2016 10:04 AM
Apr 2016
I can very well bet on that the white haired newbie gets sick of the whole Suits idea and goes against Mikazuki later on. Probably resulting in Mikazuki's defeat and a prosthetic hand "hinted" by the Ending sequence.
And I hope Ein is somewhere out there.
Re:formed
Oct 2, 2016 10:14 AM

Apr 2011
Yesh so glad meh show is back on. It was so good I don't know what to start with. Glad Spyair is doing the ED theme so epic
Oct 2, 2016 10:26 AM

Jan 2014
It feels so good to have IBO back. I loved seeing all my favorite characters again. ~

It's sad to hear though that because of their success, that there's more child soldiers now. It will forever be a dark series and I will probably continue crying a lot.
Oct 2, 2016 10:27 AM

Dec 2009
Man I'm so fucking happy to see Iron Blooded Orphans back, one of my favorite series within the last year. First season's themes of brotherhood stuck with me and this definitely feels like a fitting continuation.

I felt so depressed learning that Tekkadan's successes from the first season actually caused the increase of child soldiers, something they all wanted to stop. Mika dropping in like that was so epic, and the music was so awesome. It's hard waiting week to week for it.
Oct 2, 2016 10:32 AM
Sep 2015
It looks hella' promising
I only hope they dont botch the story and maybe give some mikazuki x kudelia time. would be fun to see something good happen to mika after how much he gives up for the others tbh.
Aiming for 400 completed series. or 10.000 episodes.
Oct 2, 2016 11:17 AM

Aug 2008
This Gundam never disappoints. Such strong come back.

And it's been what? Half a year, yet it looks like for Kudela time goes differently, looks at least 10 year older xD

My Anime Lists: AniDB & MAL
Oct 2, 2016 11:21 AM

Nov 2009
It felt so short! It was pretty great, although there are a few things I'm on the fence about atm. I'm not sure how to feel about them turning Kudelia into a businesswoman, i'm not sure I like the new white haired guy (in particular, his attitude and his seeming thirst for battle), and I'm a bit scared for Orga as his recklessness only grows, now completely unchecked.

But most of all, I'm scared for Mika. He's even known as the Fiend now, huh. And he's clearly out of his element when he's outside of Barbatos and outside of battle. The characteristic the new guy, 'industrial waste', isn't all that far from the truth, it seems, when Mika's not fighting. Just look at how coolly and efficiently he gave out orders when that car blew up, ready to delve into fight right away and actually looking alert and alive as he did... Only the Biscuit sisters' begging stopped him. But there will come a time when nothing can, because it's clear that battle is where Mika's true instincts lie. On the bright side, it makes him a talented and very efficient commander: he can calmly and quickly analyze the situation at hand and give out rational and efficient orders to his subordinates. Well, in any case, looking forward to seeing more of Mika the commandos unit leader.

On the romantic front, it seems that nothing has changed between Mika and Atra, they're still nothing more than friends, and she's still content to only watch over him without trying to make any move. The next episode will probably reveal where things stand with Kudelia, but I doubt anything changed there much either - still, something had to change a little after the first set of both Kudelia and Tekkadan's goals had been achieved, so I'm looking forward to Mika&Kudelia's interaction.

P.S. Nothing can compare to Raise Your Flag and Orphans no Namida for OP and ED.
CGOct 2, 2016 11:56 AM
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Oct 2, 2016 11:39 AM

Apr 2014
finally the best gundam series since a while is back and already on an epic start

if for another amazing season! looking forward to the next ep
"one step at a time"
Oct 2, 2016 11:46 AM
Jan 2014
Kudelia looks waaaay older than the 1st season. It's like she became a mother or something.

Good start. Mika with the dynamic entry just like the 1st episode.
Oct 2, 2016 11:50 AM

Dec 2014
Damn i missed this show!

While rage of dust is cool and all, i ended up playing raise your flag in my mind XD
Oct 2, 2016 11:59 AM
Aug 2013
holy shit can there be any more exposition in this episode?
Oct 2, 2016 12:02 PM

Sep 2015
SOOO EXCITED! :D

Got straight to the point. Already showing consequences from first season's shenanigans.

That opening is so catchy — I absolutely adore it. <3

The mecha battles are still as epic as I remember them.

New characters were annoying at first but their place is understandable due to Tekkadan's shot to fame and expansion.

Mikazuki's entrance was grand and fitting for the MVP.

Hoping for more screentime for Orga. Really did miss him in the later half of first season. Less Kudelia/Atra/Mikazuki love triangle BS and more Orga/Mikazuki bromance, please!

fear me, wretched nobs and clods alike, for i am fabulous - nyan.
Oct 2, 2016 12:08 PM

Aug 2013
My hype was too damn strong and boy was I not let down. For the most part, the cast hasn't changed. Well there's subtle changes in design that let you know they grew up a bit. Mikazuki is slightly taller and built up more. Orga is more defined as well with that air of maturity. Atra grew a bit in height but nowhere else and Kudelia got like a major design change...like damn.

Can't wait for this to get lit because we all know it's gonna get there. The new song is great, been awhile since I've listened to a SPYAIR song.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 2, 2016 2:12 PM

Mar 2008
Amazing start of the second season, it was basically perfect and i am hyped for the upcoming episodes.
Oct 2, 2016 2:13 PM

Mar 2013
aww sheeeit niggas

now as long as they can keep the animation quality up this'll make for a hell of a sequel
Oct 2, 2016 2:16 PM

Jan 2016
It had its moments, especially in the beginning, when we're shown that Tekkadan's actions were not without repercussion. This was quite a good moment, which would have been better were it not for the botched S1 Finale. The memorial scene at the very start of the episode would have probably had some impact on me if it weren't for how the S1 Finale played out.

The rest of the episode was your usual IBO fare, with many things being beaten over your head. Businessman speaking with Kudelia was obviously evil, kid who talked shit about Mika is obviously going to be important at some point (i'm 99% sure he's gonna turn traitor), and i saw Mika's atmospheric reentry entrance coming from a mile away.
Also, for some reason kids are still fighting with Tekkadan, which is very contradictory, considering the whole point was to build a world where kids don't have to fight, now that they have the power to do so. I mean, they have a lot of grown/teenage recruits, and it's not like they're involved in an all-out war (at least, not yet), so why keep them around? Between this and the "REVENGE REVENGE REVENGE" kids from S1 never actually experiencing the cycle of revenge, it really sends across the message that this series is a-okay with child soldiers.

All that said, the animation really stepped up a notch with this new season, the designs look great (especially the Ryusei-Go and the Barbie Lupus, hot damn) and the battles were riveting.

On a side note, notice how, in this sequel series, the main character is respected and feared by everyone, with the exception of one kid who dislikes him. This kid also happens to be very edgy (and is very likely to become a traitor in the future).

Does that remind you of anything?
"Now you have your answer. That's Fire Bomber. We don't know their past or future... they're just here. That's all there is." - Akiko Lips
Oct 2, 2016 2:43 PM
Feb 2009
yasss it's back :))
Oct 2, 2016 3:18 PM

Sep 2011
Zantius said:
Well there's subtle changes in design that let you know they grew up a bit. Mikazuki is slightly taller and built up more.
another subtle change is that mikazuki's right eye doesnt have any shine in it due to him going nearly blind in that eye in the final fight last season.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Oct 2, 2016 3:41 PM

Jul 2013
... just as intense as season 1. A good frst episode, glad to see the story writer didn't "throw" Kudelia away after her main mission was done and gave her new objectives to reach. Also, Chocolate-san seems to be as sly as always, I wonder who his contact man on Mars is.

On a sidenote, that blonde annoying recruit somehow reminds me bit of Bakugou from Boku no Hero Academia o0
Oct 2, 2016 4:11 PM

May 2013
it was an interesting first ep, the new cast looks pretty cool and im intrigued about white haired boy especially.

if that new char clone really does turn out to be gaelio like some japanese people on twitter on theorizing, oh man....thats gonna be the most wildest thing ever.

ugh i really hope sunrise doesnt decide to cut the staff for love live and gundam thunderbolt again i really want there to be nice animation all the way though this time....

im hoping for two things this season:
1. mika's emotions are actually explored this time
2. almirira becoming 6ft tall and shredded and beating up mcgillis
Oct 2, 2016 4:54 PM
Sep 2014
I want to know who this is.

BTW this gundam looks killer

Oct 2, 2016 5:04 PM

Jan 2011
Sunrise always nails the first episode couldn't handle all that hype! so many good new suit designs ,and we get some spyair for music!.

can't wait to see what they do with these new cast of characters
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2017

407 by KibbyDaWolf »»
Apr 18, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2017

220 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 1, 1:59 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

156 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

217 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

118 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 4:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.