Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2016 9:54 PM

Dec 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode closed the El Hazard world intrigue pretty well. It also offers nice scenes and a cute ending to Makoto and Ifrita but the other characters get one or two picture to show how they end and we have no idea how the heroes were able to make it back with the Eye of God out of service (not mentioning why the other world inhabitants would come to live on Earth, apart from Fujisawa's new wife). The young princess being an horrible spoiled brat was a (bad) surprise for me.

I didn't appreciate how easily the reigning princess annihilated a quasi-entire species. I know they killed citizen and conquered lands but the Bagram never felt like villainous creatures. Their leaders aren't really better, not minding that they are the sole survivors.

4/5

6/10 Usual 90s fantasy.Some pretty arts (some multi-faces too sadly) and a decent story (even if it is a clear product of its time).
The characters were all pleasant, Fujisawa and Jin'nai being the ones who catched me the fastest.

Global enjoyment: 4.5/5

======

@mozgow If you want to keep this good (and true) impression of El Hazard, avoid the second salve of OAVs and the subsequent TV sequel. As you noticed, everythings wrapped up so everything made past that appears to be useless.
This doesn't apply necessarily to the TV remake (26eps) I didn't see.
Rei_IIIJan 7, 2017 3:41 PM
Jan 6, 2017 10:17 AM

Jul 2014
Except for few plot convenience here and there, it was very good final episode. Everything wraps up to the beginning and the ending is really nice.

8/10 from me.
Jun 2, 2017 9:21 AM

Nov 2016
Overall not bad, I had high expectations after the first episode which weren't met. Story and character were rather average, but it was still fun to watch.

5,5/10.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 28, 2018 6:49 AM
Jul 2012
I must admit. El Hazard is still fun to watch. I used to have a crush on Fatora way back in the 2000s. But not anymore because I realize her personality. She may look cute on the outside. But on the inside, Fatora is not a nice person as she turns out to be a heartless jerk. If there's one thing I learned is to never judge a book by its cover.
Aug 14, 2020 8:08 PM

Mar 2016
Jinnai and his bug crew are probably my favorite part of this OVA series.

Must be a lot of nostalgia for this one, reading the comments and reviews. Not that it was bad, but I thought there was a bit of wasted potential with the way the characters interact with the setting...
Feb 17, 2021 6:23 PM

Jan 2021
Yay, I finally finished this OVA! Overall, I think the show was pretty good. As the main character, Makoto didn't interest me as much or the most.

Jinnai is my favorite character out of the show, because of personality and such.

The ending kind of wrapped it up, although personally, I was a bit confused. I guess in the end Makoto and Ifurita are together now. Kinda weird how Ifurita is like over 20,000 years old, but whatevs.

I didn't expect Fatora to be such a brat. Animal abuse smh.

To me, the bugrons didn't seem so evil. I kinda liked them. It seemed like they were just following orders, not really so evil.

Personally, I didn't reaaallly like the ending, but overall I liked the show. Good watch! :)
Feb 17, 2021 6:54 PM

Jan 2021
Well, I thought it was an ok anime. Not bad, but not great. My favorite was definitely Jinnai. The other seasons seem bad, but I do want more Jinnai. Oh well!
May 7, 2021 6:24 PM

Aug 2016
reminds me of Yu-No 1996, but the VN did it better.
MichaelJacksonAug 1, 2021 11:39 AM
:v
Jul 12, 2021 10:31 AM
Jan 2015
Absolutely loved this episode and this anime in general.

I don't understand the criticism. It delivered more than it promised. It's better than most anime coming out these days.
May 13, 2023 2:06 AM

Sep 2018
The sound mixing seemed horrible, at least for me. Has that classic 90s fantasy feel, nothing amazing, serviceable. The human antagonist is ridiculous, pretty funny tbh. The greatest evil laugh I've ever heard.

Griffith in lipstick caught me off guard a little bit. A story and world that just isn't explored enough.

Characters are fun though, redeeming it somewhat. 6/10.

The reviews are amusing and definitely a case of childhood nostalgia.

More topics from this board

Poll: » El Hazard: The Magnificent World Episode 3 Discussion

mozgow - Jan 6, 2017

2 by YokaiVapor »»
Aug 1, 2023 10:29 AM

» What did you think about this anime?

doubleO8 - Nov 15, 2007

12 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 12, 2023 8:04 PM

Poll: » El Hazard: The Magnificent World Episode 1 Discussion

Rei_III - Sep 28, 2016

4 by IsekaiNekko »»
Jul 12, 2021 5:52 AM

Poll: » El Hazard: The Magnificent World Episode 6 Discussion

mozgow - Jan 6, 2017

1 by tuwacroi »»
Feb 17, 2021 10:58 AM

Poll: » El Hazard: The Magnificent World Episode 5 Discussion

mozgow - Jan 6, 2017

1 by tuwacroi »»
Feb 15, 2021 4:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.