Forum Settings
Forums

How come koe no Katachi gets a anime movie instead of a anime series,A live action drama or at least a live action movie?

A Silent Voice
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 1, 2016 8:33 PM
Mar 2013
Two years after the manga ends Koe no Katachi got turned into a anime movie which is good but it left me me wonder why it didn't turn into a anime series during its run (which might be a bad thing because this process was used for merchandising types,not turning a masterpiece coming to life type ),A live action movie or at least maybe a live action drama or J-drama.
Oct 3, 2016 9:27 AM

Apr 2014
its literally still a new show/story.

once the movie hits it big, it will attract lots of attention and maybe even japanese or korean studios will pick it up and make live series/movies on it, they do that to plenty other mangs.
Oct 3, 2016 1:14 PM
Nov 2013
yeah I agree. I've never watched the movie yet unfortunately, but even then I feel like a eleven episode series would be able to include all the story instead of a two-hour movie.

But at the same time, I'd prefer a 1080p movie over some not-as-good, not as great animation eleven episode series for this manga in particular
Oct 5, 2016 8:32 AM
Mar 2013
johnknight648 said:
Two years after the manga ends Koe no Katachi got turned into a anime movie which is good but it left me me wonder why it didn't turn into a anime series during its run (which might be a bad thing because this process was used for merchandising types,not turning a masterpiece coming to life type ),A live action movie or at least maybe a live action drama or J-drama.

You know you may have a good point there.

Shikona said:
yeah I agree. I've never watched the movie yet unfortunately, but even then I feel like a eleven episode series would be able to include all the story instead of a two-hour movie.

But at the same time, I'd prefer a 1080p movie over some not-as-good, not as great animation eleven episode series for this manga in particular

That is true and maybe this manga series should be better off as a movie that way it will save our time for waiting for another episode to see the rest of the story.
Oct 10, 2016 9:17 AM
Jan 2012
After seeing the animation movie you'd thank god that it wasn't made into a crappy TV series with poor acting or poor quality TV animation series with episodes cutting at a small climax each time.

Sadly, there aren't many (Japanese) actors who can properly play the roles of suffering without overacting exaggerations or a (Japanese) TV production/live action film companies who can allow time and money for careful and sensible direction with a consistent concept and policy of how things should be shot. The Japanese TV/film industry is drugged by idol management offices and tie-up companies and any attempt to handle this material with difficult issues of bullying, handicap, and suicide would have assured a failure.

After seeing the animation movie, I feel that this "just had to be" made by Kyoto Animation (and not by Shaft), directed by Yamada Naoko (and not by Shinkai Makoto), with voice actress Saori Hayami crying in agony at the climax, and with that soundtrack concept of noises from the piano, in animation format.

It is pop-art, but it is a state-of-art piece.
GohanwaOkazuOct 10, 2016 9:23 AM
Oct 14, 2016 5:09 AM
Mar 2013
GohanwaOkazu said:
After seeing the animation movie you'd thank god that it wasn't made into a crappy TV series with poor acting or poor quality TV animation series with episodes cutting at a small climax each time.

Sadly, there aren't many (Japanese) actors who can properly play the roles of suffering without overacting exaggerations or a (Japanese) TV production/live action film companies who can allow time and money for careful and sensible direction with a consistent concept and policy of how things should be shot. The Japanese TV/film industry is drugged by idol management offices and tie-up companies and any attempt to handle this material with difficult issues of bullying, handicap, and suicide would have assured a failure.

After seeing the animation movie, I feel that this "just had to be" made by Kyoto Animation (and not by Shaft), directed by Yamada Naoko (and not by Shinkai Makoto), with voice actress Saori Hayami crying in agony at the climax, and with that soundtrack concept of noises from the piano, in animation format.

It is pop-art, but it is a state-of-art piece.

You know ,You may have a good point when i look at the trailer the animation looks great,No wonder this manga got adapted into a movie,It looks nice,If any manga have short chapters with a resolve then they should have been adapted into anime films with great quality.

and you know what , i am not sure about the actors part in the japan film/television industry But i agree with the Japanese film/tv industry part Since it's been taken over by idol management offices and talents agencies and it's sad that there is not a single independent actor/actress who are not affiliated with any talent agency or group including non idol ones to act in japanese television/film media .

I wonder if there any young actor or actress who doesn't associate with a talent agency or a idol group in the japan film/tv industry.
Oct 14, 2016 6:51 AM

Sep 2015
I kind of like a movie better than an anime
at least for this series
"This signature is under construction." ~Fabuubz

More topics from this board

» Difference?

Mangahater - 10 hours ago

8 by Sage_Otaku »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 62 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maerow - Nov 15, 2014

291 by KanYeeT »»
Today, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 61 Discussion

Ana - Nov 9, 2014

45 by KanYeeT »»
Today, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 57 Discussion

Maerow - Oct 11, 2014

40 by KanYeeT »»
Today, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 50 Discussion

Ana - Aug 26, 2014

39 by KanYeeT »»
Today, 3:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.