Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Oct 4, 2016 10:35 PM
Aug 2016
Lo único que me molesto un poco fue la manía por ¨ficcionar¨ los países que obviamente eran los países que representaban, nadie se iba a ofender por que el 1/09/1939 el tercer imperio invada Polonia, ademas rompe con la inmersión, pero una vez se adquiere la costumbre, se convierte en un capitulo mas que agradable, la banda sonora revela de forma muy clara cuales son las escenas clímax, y la animación, si bien no es alucinante, hace respeto a los animes actuales, el colorido si en momentos es espectacular, habiendo cortes que directamente repetí del agrado que me genero y el dibujado tiene respeto por tus ojos, el coloreado y la animación lo salvan, pero en ningún momento te llama la atención un ¨frame mal hecho¨, me extendí mucho, es el primer capitulo y su deber es venderte el anime (por lo menos si pudieses comprarlo), y personalmente lo logro, espero con agrado el próximo capitulo.
Oct 4, 2016 10:43 PM
Jun 2009
Great start, 9/10. But I dont like how they decided to transport two important things in the same plane. And they used the Ery..yi border route!? There's freaking war there, you dont transport important stuff in warzone! That's not how you do it.

Btw, it gave me some good vibes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2ODfuMMyss
soluuloiOct 4, 2016 10:52 PM
Oct 4, 2016 11:53 PM

Jun 2015
Good 1st episode so far and I hope in the next episodes the story will focus more in the war and politics side.
Oct 5, 2016 2:02 AM

Apr 2016
It never really did anything for me, looking back at something like the first episode of Code Geass, it wasn't really anything close to that, the cool premise will keep me from droping it, but if it doesn't pick up by episode 3 it'll get the chop.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2016 3:34 AM
Oct 2016
The art is great and I already get the opinion of a world similar to code geass'.

4/5
Oct 5, 2016 5:02 AM

Feb 2016
Amazing first episode. You get just enough context before it kicks into a tense action sequence that transitions into political intrigue as a vehicle for exposition and ending with a gun-riding witch fighting nazis.

Definitely hyped for this series now.
Oct 5, 2016 7:42 AM
Mar 2012
Art quite nice. Fabulous dresses, that overly detailed gold gun, war vehicles look very accurate.
some later shots during flight, animation was incredibly smooth (on 1s, 24fps).
Nice how Fine's scar was explained w/o words & connected several shots together.
Rip guard with nice sideburn & other due who can't aim.
Love some classic train top shootout.
Slava Makarov, May'n, Saori & Mozart in the same episode, man it's epic.
Oct 5, 2016 9:52 AM

May 2008
This was the series I was waiting for the most, and it looked promising. Soundtrack was beautiful and the episode did a good job setting the series up. I really like Finé's character already (Hayami Saori!)

This might be the first time I'm interested in WWII or alternate version of it. And all it needed was fantasy elements.
Oct 5, 2016 11:15 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
As settings go the blend between historical and fictional WW2 is an interesting one.
The setting is believable and looks the part as well with the clothing and tech that we saw in the first episode.

Animation so far was sharp and well drawn and the landscapes look gorgeous.
In fact this is one of the best animations i seen for some time.

Princess Fine is one of the main characters. From this episode we can see that
she is brave, intelligent and fast thinker able to think ahead instead of being stuck in the present evidenced by the fact that she had already spotted an escape route when they were fighting against those soldiers on the train.

She's also determined and loyal to her homeland being brave enough to die for it as well. As expected of her she's adapt at politics.

First episode featured some great mix of suspense, intrigue and action and one of my favorite scenes was the speech that she gave on the plane near the end. She had such conviction in her voice.

The scene when that witch woke up though was amazing as well

Overall a great first episode and a great starting point to the anime
Saori Hayami's portrayal of Princess Fine is the strongest i ever seen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2016 2:00 PM

Jan 2013
Great start!
I'm very impressed, love the WW2 thematic.
Hope this one won't fail.
Those views were quite fascinating too.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 5, 2016 5:25 PM

Oct 2011
Brave Princess yay
Oct 5, 2016 5:42 PM

May 2015
Mr_Shnb said:
that was trash trying way too hard to be edgy foh

Edgy? Really? You think anyone should take you seriously when you use buzzwords?

Oct 5, 2016 9:40 PM

Oct 2008
This is my 1st pick out of all those comments of people saying that there are so much gay shit new shows popping-up.
watched from [Chyuu]
why do I keep remembering the Character Art Design Style of Asuna from SAO!?
historical plot but the show delivers a bit okay.
4/5.

Oct 5, 2016 10:54 PM

Feb 2014
Oh baby! Now that was a great first episode. I'm loving the alt world war 2 with a touch of magic setting, COUNT ME IN.

The plot seems really interesting, I love Fine so far, and I like the spin on history. The Germans are at it again.

Cannot wait for the next episode. I hope the quality stays consistent.
Oct 5, 2016 10:59 PM

Feb 2014
Fai said:
mozgow said:

Then I'm even more impressed than before.

In most cases there would be some random words (or not random, but not making any sense) and here they put a lot of effort for something that was shown literally for few seconds. Really impressive.

Westerners being on production comitee(namely the owner and developer of World of Tanks) most likely had a lot to do with that.

Wait what? They're on the production committee???

I'm always glad to see westerners getting more involved in anime production so that's very cool.
Oct 5, 2016 11:56 PM

Dec 2010
This one is off to a great start for me!
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Oct 6, 2016 4:44 AM
Dec 2013
Wow, I did not expect to like this at all, it just looked like one of the only other mildly interesting shows airing this season. I'm honestly surprised because I expected so little from this show, cause I mean look at all the other work the studio has produced in comparison to this one in recent years.
Oct 6, 2016 6:42 AM

Aug 2016
I actually enjoyed this a lot, This gave off a similar vibe to valkyria chronicles (but with fantasy elements) which I really enjoyed playing. Also I can't be the only one who thinks that princess fine looks like a saber clone.

slán abhaile corcaigh
Níl aon tinteán mar do thinteán féin

☘ ☘ ☘

Currently stealing your heart,
your women and also your job

Oct 6, 2016 2:38 PM

Nov 2013
Not too shaby, actually it was a pretty good start, got me interested, let's see how it turns out, the Yuri vibes at the end though, if they're gonna do Yuri, they better do it right and not just some Yuri bait.
Oct 6, 2016 10:16 PM

Feb 2011
It would have been better without that exaggerated high pitch shouting, Hime-saamaaaaa. tsk
Oct 7, 2016 1:53 AM

Jul 2012
That magic animation. Then the music to match. Awesome awesome!
Oct 7, 2016 11:20 AM

Feb 2014
Fine seems like she would be a great ruler, Willing to go to such extreme lengths to protect her country,

Really enjoying her as the MC. Izetta seems like an interesting character too, looking forward to finding out more about her.
Oct 7, 2016 4:11 PM

May 2010
Pretty interesting, I liked the princess too
also it kept reminding me of code geass lmao
AikaOct 7, 2016 4:14 PM
Oct 7, 2016 8:13 PM

Dec 2008
Absolutely adored it. Missed having an actual female MC in my anime. Really looking forward to more, and if there is some yuri subtext, then I welcome it fully. The story has be more intrigued, but both combined would be fantastic.
Oct 8, 2016 5:47 AM

Apr 2013
Quite impressed with the introduction, liked the animation and the soundtrack really stood out. Finè seems a really strong character too
Oct 8, 2016 7:58 AM

May 2014
Well, I like the whole premise and the characters! Hopefully this will awesome! And I sense some yuri...

Oct 8, 2016 9:05 AM

Jun 2013
epic scenes of glorious german empire invading whit blitzkrieg gets ruined by magical girl bullshit
Oct 8, 2016 7:54 PM

Feb 2013
Impressive start. Great job on the suspense/buildup.

Fine is a perfect princess.
Oct 8, 2016 8:10 PM

Sep 2010
???

I was watching what seemed to be a great anime about second world war but then suddenly last 3 minutes of the episode go "F*CK LOGIC!" it's magic girls time!

Aaaaa... this surely made my first impression go down hill strongly and I can't appreciate the rest that we got.

And the rest was really good. From the very start the episode grab me with that train action... I can never get enough of that. With the great action paced start we move towards the story with and full introduction of the princess who surely is the best princess character that I have seen in quite a while. People die, nation in absolute disaster, they took her hostage but instead of crying what most princess do, she wants to go out with dignity with the grand speech.

Nice, nice. Only why did that ending had to happen. What's more, it seems that anime's focus will be on this strange, given the title. By continuing to watch this, am I signing up for a show about Flying magic girl fighting the natzi or good show about second world war?

Well the second episode will tell me the answer but that ending sure got be worried as it can't "NOT HAPPEN" any more. Flying magic girls exist in this show and they fly around on guns as the brooms are too old fashioned. :(
Oct 9, 2016 2:33 AM

Jul 2008
Absolutely enthralling. Okay we have great WWII level action, a well developed main character who I freaking ADORE so far, great music and animation. (was that freaking SHERYL NOME doing the ENDING?!),

and a witch riding a god damn sniper rifle!!!!

Yes I have to temper my excitement so far but this has potential for AOTY for me. Will be watching with great excitement.
Oct 9, 2016 2:40 AM

Jun 2015
Princess is a pretty cool girl. This episode felt a bit like Indiana Jones. I hope they keep these themes and don't let it go into fantasy territory too much.
Apparently I'm also in the 1% who don't care if they are lesbians or not.
Oct 9, 2016 3:54 AM

Jul 2015
Good start!
Don't even like girlxgirl, but I already ship them lol
Oct 9, 2016 7:43 AM

Jul 2015
Was expecting a cliche war story with lost princess, but got what seem to be a good start to a new series. The first episode was wonderful, with fluent animation and a bad*ss princess. Still not really liking the witch, she seems like a one-dimensional character, whose all characterization is based on loyalty. 4/5
Oct 9, 2016 11:03 AM

Apr 2014
Like the soundtrack, Waiting to see their relationship re-develop.
---------My Profile------------
Oct 9, 2016 11:14 AM
Jun 2013
I'm a bit surprised no one mentioned the obvious smiliarity with how Code Geass started, it is pretty similar imo(ofc no mechas here lol).
Oct 9, 2016 12:33 PM

Jun 2015
Not only is the princess a badass, but her white witch also takes no prisoners?!!! COUNT ME IN!!!!

GIRL POWER <3!!!
{~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~}
My favorite anime: Sailor Moon, Noragami, Kamisama Kiss, Carole & Tuesday, HunterxHunter, & Little Witch Academia.
{~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~}
Oct 10, 2016 3:18 PM
Jul 2018
the two mc female at the end...looks like shipping confirms..meh,its too weried to see female mc in war theme anime plus with another female charcter...meh,its too twisted!
Gotta say that art is good.
Oct 10, 2016 10:27 PM

Jan 2011
good first episode, a nice way to end it too
Oct 11, 2016 7:29 AM
Oct 2016
i love Izetta leg. sexy ❤
Oct 11, 2016 7:51 PM

Feb 2013
I don't know why, but it felt kinda slow to me.....not in a bad way. But I think this is going to be a pretty awesome show. Can't wait to see more.
Oct 13, 2016 8:24 PM

Oct 2014
My heart swelled with joy within the first 5 seconds of the episode, I'm not even exaggerating. That was a Miyazaki level production and an absolutely stunning way to open. The train scene did a great job establishing Fine as an important and capable character and introducing her conflict.

The scene in the opera house made me feel immersed in the world. When she was captured by the major (who makes for a great antagonist in his own right) I felt the tension of Fine being caught and also losing the two men who were protecting her.

The final scene, where Izetta awoke, tied together with their meeting at the start of the episode, gave me an idea of their relationship with almost no words exchanged between them. Fine met her when she was younger and later stood up for her when the people were scared of her powers.

In short, this caught my eye when I was looking through the seasonal chart in September and I'm glad that I checked this out because this one of the best first episodes I've seen of any show that I watched during its air date within the last couple of years. Not like I haven't been enjoying any anime that come out, but this one went above and beyond my expectations. I loved the music, I loved the animation (especially certain bits like the first shot of the train as it rounded the corner). I am so excited to see where this show goes.
Oct 16, 2016 3:00 AM
Oct 2015
The start was pretty slow, but the ending is pretty interesting. I gave this episode a 3 out of 5. I found it interesting enough for me to watch the second episode and give it a try. This first episode reminded me of Code Geass because of the fight between empires and the strange girl in a box who happens to have weird powers. I'll watch the second episode now and I hope that it is going to be better than the first one.
I love anime, one of my favourite is Tokyo Ghoul. I created a french website about it. You can check it out here: http://tokyo-ghoul.fr/
Oct 16, 2016 9:16 PM

Jul 2015
After having seen episode 3 first by mistake.. It could've been better to start the series w/ 3 and then flashback to 1. Slow start, but I already know it's better ahead, so no worries
Oct 17, 2016 1:45 AM

Aug 2012
I enjoyed it, until I remembered that there was a gun witch. I'll stick around to see how this turns out.
Oct 20, 2016 11:35 AM

Dec 2011
The beginning was not bad but when Izetta wakes up, I was a little disappointed because coincidentally, Izetta (Princess' friend and maybe more later) was here in the plane. I would be better (in my opinion) if they just met for the first time.
Oct 20, 2016 10:19 PM

Apr 2015
I have the same complaint about the opening drop into the middle of the action as the OP did. I also didn't quite get the whole war and spaced out during the brief info dump, though that's on me. I get the gist of the show though.

Wasn't totally sold on it until the last scene. I'm curious about this witch now. She had nice legs. Yuri pls.

7/10
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Oct 21, 2016 1:12 PM
Jul 2016
Nais, I really like what I'm seeing!
Oct 22, 2016 4:40 PM

Sep 2016
I think i am going with the Dub with this one. Its not bad.

Do not take life too seriously.
You will never get out of it alive.

Oct 23, 2016 11:25 AM

Jul 2009
What a great princess Finé is! She is very brave, I like her already.
She helped Izetta when she was a kid, so cute!
Oct 23, 2016 4:52 PM

Dec 2012
Hell yeah, I had a feeling about this one. Spectacular start, very enchanting and I was bewitched by Izetta. Fine's resourcefulness and courage have already made her likable as well.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

125 by Fentanylfloyd »»
Mar 6, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

213 by Muow »»
Feb 8, 8:34 AM

» Queerbait or straight up lesbians

a0t3a - May 4, 2021

4 by N3rdieBirdie »»
Feb 6, 7:18 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

144 by Muow »»
Feb 6, 12:31 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2016

128 by Karcharias_Iraes »»
Nov 8, 2023 11:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.