Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side: Sword Oratoria (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 30, 2016 6:47 PM
Mar 2014
I don't really get if this is a sort of spin off, or another season or what not.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 30, 2016 7:44 PM

Jul 2014
Its a spinoff of Danmachi about Aiz. Its more of a side story that takes place during season 1 I believe.
Oct 1, 2016 5:27 AM
Mar 2014
GamerTimeUSA said:
Its a spinoff of Danmachi about Aiz. Its more of a side story that takes place during season 1 I believe.

ahhh, so they are doing a "no railgun"/"no index" on us.
Oct 1, 2016 8:03 AM

Jul 2014
krillerthekille said:
GamerTimeUSA said:

Yea, you can put it like that
Oct 3, 2016 7:16 AM
Dec 2015
Well to sum it up its basically danmachi but from Aiz's point of view. So timeline wise it happens at the same time as Bell's story. Basically put it happens side by side. So I belive the last episode will have the same ending as the first season. From there they can move onto the next arc in Bell's story.
Nov 12, 2016 5:24 PM
Apr 2013
Cosmos279 said:
Well to sum it up its basically danmachi but from Aiz's point of view. So timeline wise it happens at the same time as Bell's story. Basically put it happens side by side. So I belive the last episode will have the same ending as the first season. From there they can move onto the next arc in Bell's story.

Oh no actually. Sword Oratoria has a vastly different story than Danmachi. But yes, it does happen on the same timeline. If you want to classify them, Sword Oratoria is 'shounen' while Danmachi proper is 'shoujo'. This is way more darker than the main series. And no, this won't have the same ending as the first season. Bell doesn't even appear in the Sword Oratoria novels aside from glorified cameos.
Dec 22, 2016 7:47 AM
Feb 2015
Alviam099 said:

Oh no actually. Sword Oratoria has a vastly different story than Danmachi. But yes, it does happen on the same timeline. If you want to classify them, Sword Oratoria is 'shounen' while Danmachi proper is 'shoujo'. This is way more darker than the main series. And no, this won't have the same ending as the first season. Bell doesn't even appear in the Sword Oratoria novels aside from glorified cameos.

Disappointing, but thanks for the heads up. I'd hate to get Bell/Hestia hype then never see them. From your description, it still seems like worthwhile watching.
Dec 31, 2016 1:44 AM
Apr 2016
If Bell Cranel is Not Gonna Be here In Season 2 .. Then this is Gonna be Shitty .. we need Continuation !!! .. not a Flashback BULLSHIT :(
Jan 1, 2017 12:57 PM

Oct 2015
i want a sequel not a spinoff what the hell is the creator doing cmon . lol Danmachi without bell-kun is garbage.(i hate ais wallenstein by the way)
StrTsumotoJan 1, 2017 1:00 PM
Jan 2, 2017 7:12 AM
Apr 2016
aincrad11 said:
If Bell Cranel is Not Gonna Be here In Season 2 .. Then this is Gonna be Shitty .. we need Continuation !!! .. not a Flashback BULLSHIT :(
dont be so cynical dude it is going to be whole new story not just some flashback and this is just my opinion but ainz's story is way better and amazing than the main story about how Bell hack his power
Jan 2, 2017 7:20 AM
Apr 2016
Mouloudexe said:
i want a sequel not a spinoff what the hell is the creator doing cmon . lol Danmachi without bell-kun is garbage.(i hate ais wallenstein by the way)
Lol then if you watch ainz's story you will see that Bell is completely trash if he show up. And I think this story will help you get to know about ainz and you may like her a lot of better like me (best heroine of these whole series)
Jan 2, 2017 7:24 AM

Feb 2011
krillerthekille said:
GamerTimeUSA said:

yay lets hope this is better like how railgun is 10000000000000000000000000x better than index
Jan 2, 2017 7:26 AM
Apr 2016
Alviam099 said:
Cosmos279 said:

Thank you finally someone has realized how great it is going to be. By the way, the manga is so dam awesome way better than danmachi right (or it is just mešŸ˜…)
Jan 2, 2017 10:25 AM
Mar 2014
Alviam099 said:
Cosmos279 said:

Again it sounds just like "railgun/index" one is a pg13 shoujo and the other is a 17+ shounen, with basically 2 different storys that somehow fit in 1 univers. So i'm greatly excited, lover danmachi, so this should be amazing. <3
Jan 2, 2017 11:35 AM

Oct 2015
JAGuys said:
Mouloudexe said:
Lol then if you watch ainz's story you will see that Bell is completely trash if he show up. And I think this story will help you get to know about ainz and you may like her a lot of better like me (best heroine of these whole series)

cmon we all know that bell-kun will spice things up better than ais and its true that we don t know a lot about her but you re right i guess its better than nothing.
Jan 5, 2017 4:51 AM

Apr 2013
More exactly, Sword oratoria is about Loki familia, not just about Ais. So it's basically the badass side.
You get to know tons of stuff about the dungeon because that familia goes down to 58+ floors, you get to encounter tons of super powerful adventurer they deal with (level 5-7 mostly) from various familia, and obviously epic battles against super powerful opponents.
Loki familia is probably the most colorful familia out there. They have pretty much all the races, tons of badasses, very strong personalities and motivations, and so on.

And honestly, after you get to know Finn Deimne for example, you won't really care about not seeing Bell anymore.

It completes the main story very well as the main story doesn't really handle the dungeon side/other countries and more the city itself. SO basically brings in the rest of the picture, and it does this in a very enjoyable way.
Jan 5, 2017 7:55 PM

Jul 2014
Zefyris said:
More exactly, Sword oratoria is about Loki familia, not just about Ais. So it's basically the badass side.
You get to know tons of stuff about the dungeon because that familia goes down to 58+ floors, you get to encounter tons of super powerful adventurer they deal with (level 5-7 mostly) from various familia, and obviously epic battles against super powerful opponents.
Loki familia is probably the most colorful familia out there. They have pretty much all the races, tons of badasses, very strong personalities and motivations, and so on.

And honestly, after you get to know Finn Deimne for example, you won't really care about not seeing Bell anymore.

It completes the main story very well as the main story doesn't really handle the dungeon side/other countries and more the city itself. SO basically brings in the rest of the picture, and it does this in a very enjoyable way.

I hope Aiz has more personality than she showed in Season 1 because I felt she could've been replaced with another silent badass girl and the story wouldn't be affected in the slightest. I don't care about Bell one bit: I watched it because of Hestia: that's where the money went right?
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Jan 6, 2017 3:24 AM

Apr 2013
TheHatredDMC said:
Zefyris said:

I hope Aiz has more personality than she showed in Season 1 because I felt she could've been replaced with another silent badass girl and the story wouldn't be affected in the slightest. I don't care about Bell one bit: I watched it because of Hestia: that's where the money went right?

Only the anime spent that much time on Hestia. In the novel, most of that time she was almost not shown. They reduced the time of appearance of other characters (including Ais) and greatly increased the time on screen for Hestia (and in particular, the time on screen of her bosom).
Hestia has some great moments (ironically, they actually didn't put them correctly in the anime) as a goddess, but outside of that, not really until quite later in the story.
Ais in comparison has a lot of badass moment, but since she's very quiet, most of her personality appears in thoughts only (that's always the same problem in a visual media with silent characters). So if the anime doesn't adapt the thoughts of Ais, she's not going to gain more personality in the anime.
Jan 6, 2017 10:15 AM

Jul 2013
I don't want a side story, just bring the 2nd season out and stop wasting my time as I want to watch the next season.

Now I have to wait for another year to see what is in store
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2017 11:54 PM
Apr 2016
Renaultclio101 said:
I don't want a side story, just bring the 2nd season out and stop wasting my time as I want to watch the next season.

Don't worry bro i can say this anime is going to be stunning more than anything you are imagining right now
Jan 7, 2017 3:01 PM

Jul 2013
JAGuys said:
Renaultclio101 said:

Don't worry bro i can say this anime is going to be stunning more than anything you are imagining right now

No it will not be compared to the original, Hestia and Bell will be missing. All I am guessing is a weak girl growing to be strong based on the original series
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2017 7:47 AM

Apr 2015
A1_1997 said:

Can I Watch This, I Havent Seen The Original Dungeon Anime Tho...?
Jan 20, 2017 6:35 AM
Jun 2013
Ok, so im actually reading Sword Oratoria and it's good for me, but not better than Bell's story. To be honest, Aiz is already overpowered so there's not much to see. She just cuts everything that gets in her ways. With Bell you actually can see how he "grows up" which is kinda better. Im just counting to see how both of them meet at certain point where they are at the same "lvl" and go on higher dungeon lvl's than any other adventurers!

Btw. Actual manga of Bell's adventure ends before last battle from anime. So my question is: anime is based on manga or manga is based on anime? (dont know, because sword oratoria, i think so, is already at similar time line when Bell's story from season 1 ends, but Bells anime story is ahead of mangas; than second season of Bell's will see the light only when writer makes a lot of new chapers or what?)
Any answers would be good :).
Feb 1, 2017 6:19 AM

Oct 2015
I like this better than Bell's story, it darker and there are a lot more interesting fight. I think this will be sort of like Index Railgun with a more serious and darker view.
Feb 11, 2017 7:05 AM
Jun 2016
Matthius said:
Btw. Actual manga of Bell's adventure ends before last battle from anime. So my question is: anime is based on manga or manga is based on anime? (dont know, because sword oratoria, i think so, is already at similar time line when Bell's story from season 1 ends, but Bells anime story is ahead of mangas; than second season of Bell's will see the light only when writer makes a lot of new chapers or what?)
Any answers would be good :).

The anime isn't based on a manga... It's based on light novels, which is way further ahead than both the anime and manga
Feb 11, 2017 7:36 AM
Jun 2013
TheAustaku said:

The anime isn't based on a manga... It's based on light novels, which is way further ahead than both the anime and manga

Wow, that was sudden, thanks for inofrmation :) Do You know where can i read that novel?
Feb 14, 2017 6:54 AM
Jan 2016
Soo we are not having a 2 season yet ? :v
Feb 14, 2017 8:42 AM
Oct 2016
GandalfTheMage said:

This is season 2. It will be enjoyable trust me.
Feb 14, 2017 9:30 AM
Jan 2016
Harbur said:
GandalfTheMage said:

Thanks!

I hope so, or maybe i should read the manga and satisfy myself.
Feb 14, 2017 9:39 AM
Oct 2016
GandalfTheMage said:
Harbur said:

Thanks!

I've read the Ln and i'd like to say that i'm going to enjoy this season.
Feb 15, 2017 10:51 AM
Jan 2016
Harbur said:
GandalfTheMage said:

Thanks!

Do you recommend me to read the manga?
Feb 15, 2017 10:55 AM
Jul 2018
This series is mostly a spin off tbh, and the likely of having a S2 well... its so-so.
Feb 15, 2017 6:08 PM
Oct 2016
GandalfTheMage said:
Harbur said:

Do you recommend me to read the manga?

Well i think you would enjoy it, but i don't know anything about the manga. (I've never read it)
Feb 28, 2017 1:49 AM
Oct 2015
I think they are missing the point of what made danmachi so popular in that bell was such a cool character
Mar 10, 2017 8:45 PM

May 2009
Alviam099 said:
Cosmos279 said:

That classification is completely stupid. Shoujo and shounen are manga demographics and both series are originally light novels which use only 2 demographics, male and female. Both are for males, of course.
About the manga versions - main series is in seinen magazine Young Gangan and Oratoria in shounen mag Gangan Joker.
Atlas822 said:
I think they are missing the point of what made danmachi so popular in that bell was such a cool character

Aiz is cool as vanilla ice cream ;)
Mar 13, 2017 6:24 PM

Oct 2010
Since I haven't seen the show at all, this thread makes it sound like it could be fun to watch this first and gain an abnormal POV for when I watch the first season later. Think that's a viable route?
Mar 14, 2017 1:56 AM
Jan 2017
JAGuys said:
Mouloudexe said:

Your right in this spin off it also shows the feelings of aiz for bell.
Mar 15, 2017 3:58 AM
Feb 2017
Okay let's start with all the info about this.

Sword Oratoria it's a paralel story, not a reboot (Except for a couple of adjust in the events to be consistent with the main story) the principal character's role follows Aiz Wallenstein and Lefiya Viridis. The timeline it's before and during the adventures of Bell.
This time the plot it's more centred about the mistery's about the irregulars monsters, the interactions between gods and the backstory about some of the "new" characters.

The things we will see connected to the first season it's: The true meaning of the words and actions of Aiz with Bell and what happen/what doing before and after Aiz have met with Bell in the Dungeon each time.

Okay now.
-The character with the role of giving the best of herself will be Lefiya, you will love this character if you want to see the "Bell experience".
- This time the story are going to be cruel (At least in manga and LN) and this time will be show the magnitude of the universe (In terms of power).

I don't know what more to say without spoiling. But if you enjoyed the first season of Danmachi it's a must see this one.
Mar 20, 2017 11:11 PM
Mar 2017
knew this was not a direct seconds season of Danmachi. However, as a fan of Danmachi, I'm willing to give this a shot. And if I like it, I'm going to buy the LN for it. Talking about Light Novels;

I recently finished the 7th Vol of Danmachi, and oh my gosh, you guys got to read it! well start from Vol 6. Since the anime is the first 5 Volumes of the series. Can't wait for the 8th Vol to come out this April !
Mar 23, 2017 1:12 PM

Dec 2015
Gonna watch this since it seems more interesting (more focused on the better girl - I liked her more than Hestia).
Mar 25, 2017 5:40 PM
Jan 2017
I'd prefer a season two instead of a spin off, but i saw comments down below saying how good is aiz story... Hoping that there will be a season two before 2019 btw...
Mar 25, 2017 8:45 PM

Dec 2015
Karmafornication said:
I'd prefer a season two instead of a spin off, but i saw comments down below saying how good is aiz story... Hoping that there will be a season two before 2019 btw...

Same here. I'm excited for this anima all the same, but I really would like a season 2 of danmachi. It ended up being one of those shows I can barely remember because it ended with such an empty feeling, but I enjoyed it and wished they continued. Why didn't it? Wasn't it super popular?
Mar 26, 2017 2:26 PM

May 2016
Can I watch this if I haven't watched the main series?

Mar 28, 2017 10:09 AM

Oct 2015
Mell8 said:

Yes, there are some minor spoiler but won't affect your watching experience.
Mar 28, 2017 6:58 PM

Jan 2017
Mell8 said:

Personally i'd just marathon the first series before this one comes out, you've got a bit of time and the first season in my opinion is pretty good.
Mar 31, 2017 11:10 PM

May 2016
Hope we'll get an actual Season 2. To me, this show is like a side story to Season 1, not really a sequel.

I'm speculating that this is just to tie some loose strings in S1 so we'll have an insight into Aiz, In which I think she'll be one of the most important character in the coming future.

When I say future... hopefully the actual Season 2
Apr 4, 2017 5:38 AM
Apr 2017
i was on fire thinkin about bell action 1 more time but when i know this story about aiz now it's like fuck this shit i don't need aiz what i need is the truth about bell and zeus i want to know their story just like hermes said :( and the meaning of Familia Myth
Apr 4, 2017 9:11 AM
May 2012
i will still watch it, as aiz was my favorite character from danmachi

however i was hoping for a sequel...
Apr 4, 2017 9:12 AM
May 2012
Uchihaaa said:
A1_1997 said:

it would help to know the characters, however considering its not a direct sequel, infact its not a sequel at all, you should be ok
Apr 4, 2017 3:01 PM

Apr 2015
hoshigaki_kisame said:
Uchihaaa said:

it would help to know the characters, however considering its not a direct sequel, infact its not a sequel at all, you should be ok
Oh I See Thankyou For Telling :)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2017

70 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 27, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

54 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 24, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

136 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2017

84 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

86 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.