Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: 91 Days Episode 12 Discussion


Oct 1, 2016 7:58 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 87
tkayo101 said:
Guys, I don't even know where to begin expressing my disappointment with the finale.

1) All the build up to the showdown at the Playhouse and we don't even get to see it??? Barbero, Nero's right hand was killed. He had his doubts about Avilio (Angelo) and we don't even get to see his I-told-you-so moment. And Vincent Vanetti, the head honcho himself, we don't get to see how he gets killed either. It's just disappointing. I was looking forward to it.

2) Avilio (Angelo) had come so far, sacrificed so much in enacting his revenge (RIP Corteo #CorteoDeservedBetter). It doesn't make sense why he chickened out of killing Nero. Did he bond with his target a little too much?

3) This doesn't have to do with the finale specifically, but I hate how the writers handled Corteo's character. He was a plot device through and through. Written to push the story forward but in a very contrived way. Obviously without his alcohol Avilio (Angelo) couldn't as easily have gotten into the mafia. But after getting in he completely ignores Corteo. There's very little chemistry between them. Just Avilio bossing him around. Avilio and Nero shared more chemistry imo. Episode 11 was really the only time we saw Avilio stop acting so cold towards Corteo and reminded the audience of their childhood relationship.
I just feel like for the most part Corteo was just there. There was not much else to cling to with his character. He was just tagging along with Avilio because Avilio told him to. Dragged into a life he never wanted a part of. Bossed around and ignored. And then disposed of through a self-sacrifice when his job for the plot was done.


1) Vincent's illness killed him.

2) Once Corteo died, Angelo really didn't give a shit about his revenge anymore. He was just going through the motions.

3) I can't argue against that.
 
Oct 1, 2016 8:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2192
I quite enjoyed this last episode until the very ending. The episode was very full circle.

The series started off with Avilio running into the darkness with Nero aiming a gun at him, then after the timeskip he's on the run with Nero and they start to bond and do all kinds of stupid little things.

At the end, they're on the run again, but with a sense of nostalgia. They didn't actually do anything fun, but you could almost feel the memories. Rather than laughing, they were finally bringing all of their problems and truths to the surface, coming to the realization that there's no going back. Nero gets pissed and makes Avilio come to the conclusion that everything he did was for nothing. Avilio screamed and broke down and made Nero feel the weight of his family's decision from 7 years ago.

As for the ending? I've seen both arguments and I cant really decide.

On one hand, there are hints that he did shoot Avilio.
- When Nero became Don and they were celebrating with a meal, Avilio leaves the room after asking about the night Nero couldn't shoot and says "well you're capable of pulling the trigger now right?" And Nero didn't deny it.
- Nero seemed more determined when he pulled the trigger this time than when he did 7 years ago
- The ending is kind of full circle, Nero couldn't shoot an innocent kid running into the dark, but he could shoot his friend who betrayed him walking (sort of) towards the light.

As for him not shooting Avilio:
- There was no blood
- There was no body or drag marks and Nero went back to his car immediately
- The footprints magically ended apruptly
- ^ There was no way the ocean could have washed all of it away instantly

As for them both bead dead:
- Could explain the unexplainable foot prints magically disappearing
- Could explain the random can of pineapples in the car
- Could explain the reason for that random guy in the car following them

It was so needlessly open ended that I cant even decide which theory stands the chance of being right.

Now as a whole, I did enjoy the show for it's story and for the way Avilio's revenge plot unfolded.

What I didn't enjoy, and one of the reasons I picked it up in the first place, was the interpretation of the mafia and the prohibition era. Honestly it was pretty inaccurate.

At first I thought they came up with the fictional town Lawless because they didn't want to tread on anything historical facts from Chicago...but then they said the Galassias were from Chicago. So that raised the question, why not just make the entire show take place in Chicago? I say that, because Lawless was a relatively boring fucking place. Chicago was rampant with corruption, crime, and interesting sites, Lawless was relatively pointless. One island where they had some bars, and lots of farm side country.

This brings up the first few inaccuracies. 91 Days relied too heavily on the theme of prohibition and bootleg alcohol. Sounds very mafia-esque at first. But alcohol was just one part of the prohibition era. As much as they relied on booze, the mafia also had lots of big houses and parlors dedicated to gambling and prostitution...which were both absent in this show. Really alcohol wasn't all that interesting. They bought up the foreclosed breweries, paid off local government, and sold it in their bars, and to other bars.

The other thing is that when Avilio and Nero were on the run, they basically stuck to the outskirts of Lawless. That usually never happened. They made some accurate, yet subtle references to it, but Florida was a major getaway for mob bosses who needed to fly under the radar. They would often get as far away as possible and delegate through a subordinate or a hideout.

I felt like the subtle homages to Chicago, Florida, and the PA Railroad were more accurate than the major themes of the show.

The violence was also dramatically overplayed. Sure there were killings and lots of people with tommy guns, but big massacres like that were few and far between because they were so violent, and that level of violence then drew fear from the public, notoriety from the press, and the attention of the government. Small time hits and assassinations were more common, until Capone got pretty drunk with power and attention.

Those were kind of the biggest gripes for me, but fortunately all of those pieces were basically tools that Avilio used in his revenge.

I'd give it a 7/10. Would probably be a point or 2 higher if the ending was open and if they were a little more historically accurate.
 
Oct 1, 2016 8:39 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 87
Jonesy974 said:
I quite enjoyed this last episode until the very ending. The episode was very full circle.

The series started off with Avilio running into the darkness with Nero aiming a gun at him, then after the timeskip he's on the run with Nero and they start to bond and do all kinds of stupid little things.

At the end, they're on the run again, but with a sense of nostalgia. They didn't actually do anything fun, but you could almost feel the memories. Rather than laughing, they were finally bringing all of their problems and truths to the surface, coming to the realization that there's no going back. Nero gets pissed and makes Avilio come to the conclusion that everything he did was for nothing. Avilio screamed and broke down and made Nero feel the weight of his family's decision from 7 years ago.

As for the ending? I've seen both arguments and I cant really decide.

On one hand, there are hints that he did shoot Avilio.
- When Nero became Don and they were celebrating with a meal, Avilio leaves the room after asking about the night Nero couldn't shoot and says "well you're capable of pulling the trigger now right?" And Nero didn't deny it.
- Nero seemed more determined when he pulled the trigger this time than when he did 7 years ago
- The ending is kind of full circle, Nero couldn't shoot an innocent kid running into the dark, but he could shoot his friend who betrayed him walking (sort of) towards the light.

As for him not shooting Avilio:
- There was no blood
- There was no body or drag marks and Nero went back to his car immediately
- The footprints magically ended apruptly
- ^ There was no way the ocean could have washed all of it away instantly

As for them both bead dead:
- Could explain the unexplainable foot prints magically disappearing
- Could explain the random can of pineapples in the car
- Could explain the reason for that random guy in the car following them

It was so needlessly open ended that I cant even decide which theory stands the chance of being right.

Now as a whole, I did enjoy the show for it's story and for the way Avilio's revenge plot unfolded.

What I didn't enjoy, and one of the reasons I picked it up in the first place, was the interpretation of the mafia and the prohibition era. Honestly it was pretty inaccurate.

At first I thought they came up with the fictional town Lawless because they didn't want to tread on anything historical facts from Chicago...but then they said the Galassias were from Chicago. So that raised the question, why not just make the entire show take place in Chicago? I say that, because Lawless was a relatively boring fucking place. Chicago was rampant with corruption, crime, and interesting sites, Lawless was relatively pointless. One island where they had some bars, and lots of farm side country.

This brings up the first few inaccuracies. 91 Days relied too heavily on the theme of prohibition and bootleg alcohol. Sounds very mafia-esque at first. But alcohol was just one part of the prohibition era. As much as they relied on booze, the mafia also had lots of big houses and parlors dedicated to gambling and prostitution...which were both absent in this show. Really alcohol wasn't all that interesting. They bought up the foreclosed breweries, paid off local government, and sold it in their bars, and to other bars.

The other thing is that when Avilio and Nero were on the run, they basically stuck to the outskirts of Lawless. That usually never happened. They made some accurate, yet subtle references to it, but Florida was a major getaway for mob bosses who needed to fly under the radar. They would often get as far away as possible and delegate through a subordinate or a hideout.

I felt like the subtle homages to Chicago, Florida, and the PA Railroad were more accurate than the major themes of the show.

The violence was also dramatically overplayed. Sure there were killings and lots of people with tommy guns, but big massacres like that were few and far between because they were so violent, and that level of violence then drew fear from the public, notoriety from the press, and the attention of the government. Small time hits and assassinations were more common, until Capone got pretty drunk with power and attention.

Those were kind of the biggest gripes for me, but fortunately all of those pieces were basically tools that Avilio used in his revenge.

I'd give it a 7/10. Would probably be a point or 2 higher if the ending was open and if they were a little more historically accurate.


Hmm, I see your point of view very well, but I'm fine with the historical stuff being more centered around just the bootleg. Also, there were only like, 2 massacres in the whole anime?
 
Oct 1, 2016 8:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2192
Bushishi said:
Jonesy974 said:


Hmm, I see your point of view very well, but I'm fine with the historical stuff being more centered around just the bootleg. Also, there were only like, 2 massacres in the whole anime?


I wouldn't have really cared if they kept it solely on bootlegging, had they made the bootlegging itself more interesting. Rather than just, oh, this Corteo guy makes it and now we sell it to people. If you're gonna go with a more fictional interpretation, might as well make it as interesting as possible.

Sure there were only like 2 massacres, but there were lots of obnoxious massive gunfights that resulted in minimal causalities as well: the big shootout in the bar, the shootout at the Lodge, the shootout in the street to kill Nero, the shootout when Nero had to run from the family, etc. Stuff like that was also very infrequent IRL.
 
Oct 1, 2016 9:52 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 3
Bushishi said:
tkayo101 said:
Guys, I don't even know where to begin expressing my disappointment with the finale.

1) All the build up to the showdown at the Playhouse and we don't even get to see it??? Barbero, Nero's right hand was killed. He had his doubts about Avilio (Angelo) and we don't even get to see his I-told-you-so moment. And Vincent Vanetti, the head honcho himself, we don't get to see how he gets killed either. It's just disappointing. I was looking forward to it.

2) Avilio (Angelo) had come so far, sacrificed so much in enacting his revenge (RIP Corteo #CorteoDeservedBetter). It doesn't make sense why he chickened out of killing Nero. Did he bond with his target a little too much?

3) This doesn't have to do with the finale specifically, but I hate how the writers handled Corteo's character. He was a plot device through and through. Written to push the story forward but in a very contrived way. Obviously without his alcohol Avilio (Angelo) couldn't as easily have gotten into the mafia. But after getting in he completely ignores Corteo. There's very little chemistry between them. Just Avilio bossing him around. Avilio and Nero shared more chemistry imo. Episode 11 was really the only time we saw Avilio stop acting so cold towards Corteo and reminded the audience of their childhood relationship.
I just feel like for the most part Corteo was just there. There was not much else to cling to with his character. He was just tagging along with Avilio because Avilio told him to. Dragged into a life he never wanted a part of. Bossed around and ignored. And then disposed of through a self-sacrifice when his job for the plot was done.


1) Vincent's illness killed him.

2) Once Corteo died, Angelo really didn't give a shit about his revenge anymore. He was just going through the motions.

3) I can't argue against that.


1) And that's fine and dandy but show ussss is my point.

2) I remember Avilio had said he wanted Nero and Vincent to feel the same pain he felt. A pain worse than death. And that that was the reason why he didn't kill Nero. But his "the reason I didn't kill you is because I didn't want to kill you" at the end implies some kind of softness he has for Nero. Not even about causing Nero a pain worse than death. And that's what has me confused.
He had said that he thought after his revenge was completed he could maybe find a reason to live. (I think Corteo was his only reason left tbh). But since Corteo was gone he couldn't find one. Hence his I'll see you soon after killing Corteo. He was planning to die anyways. He might as well have accomplished his plan as sought out. Getting rid of Nero as well. (I'm not sure what happened to Ganzo).

3) I forgot to mention another instance of him conveniently being used to push the story forward, whilst tagging along with his good old buddy Avilio ofc not doing much. Fango had to be gotten rid of eventually. There was no way he would make it out alive with the kind of ambitions he had. And since everyone else had tried killing him and failed (lmao). Corteo conveniently to the rescue.
 
Oct 1, 2016 10:10 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 1
No he did not die, and i have proof go back to the episode and go to 11min and 5 sec it flashed to a what happens after he gets shot he sees the beach and wakes up with a bandage on he lived but he did get shot please go back and watch it so many people missed this. It was not a open ending!!
 
Oct 1, 2016 11:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 107
thecookiedemon said:
No he did not die, and i have proof go back to the episode and go to 11min and 5 sec it flashed to a what happens after he gets shot he sees the beach and wakes up with a bandage on he lived but he did get shot please go back and watch it so many people missed this. It was not a open ending!!
No it's a flashback of what happened between episode 11 and 12, Avilio is saved by galassia and Nero is fleeing with Tigre driving the car, Tigre who is dead on the scene two minutes ago in the present.
 
Oct 1, 2016 11:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 871
The ending felt very weird to me to be honest. There were a few ways I expected 91 Days to turn out:

1. Avilio turns into a maniac: consumed by his revenge, he lets go of all emotions and focuses entirely on killing his enemies, dragging Corteo into the process, ending with perhaps a suicide.

2. Avilio reneges: after finding Corteo to be his saving grace, Avilio leaves the scene for good and lives on simply.

Except we have this half-ass-of-everything ending where Avilio carried through his plan, but left Nero alive, and goes on a brotrip with Nero, and then Nero kills him anyway. I don't know how to make sense of this ending. It probably makes sense for him to not kill Nero, whether it's because he wants Nero to suffer or because he can't bring himself to kill Nero. But Nero killing Avilio when (1) he finally understood everything and (2) seemed to be at a point where he was ready to let go of the past? I felt like this series has done well with its body counts--every death served more or less a purpose. But Avilio? Not really. It made sense at the end for the men to go their separate ways and just get on with their lives. That would've been more acceptable than Nero just killing Avilio and leaving the scene.

Anyway, that weird rollercoaster of an ending sunk my opinion for the series. But it was decent drama while it lasted. 2/5.
 
Oct 2, 2016 1:45 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 1
i think it was all a dream. because the mafia guys with avillio had "hand guns".
 
Oct 2, 2016 1:58 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 220
Nero 100% shot him.

The words you dont need a reason to live you just live was him telling nero what he (nero) was going to do.

He trained the gun on him and shot without moving his aim. 0% chance of missing.

Nero was then chased down and killed after this episode of course.
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
 
Oct 2, 2016 2:07 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 7
I thought at the end when Nero aimed at Angelo from the back that Angelo was going to turn around with a gun and kill him first but guess not.
 
Oct 2, 2016 2:38 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 220
Jonesy974 said:


As for him not shooting Avilio:
- There was no blood
- There was no body or drag marks and Nero went back to his car immediately
- The footprints magically ended apruptly
- ^ There was no way the ocean could have washed all of it away instantly


uh there is a time lapse there where you dont know how much time has passed from when he shot til he started driving away. There is no way to tell how long that was.

The argument for him being shot is he trained his gun on him and never moved it enough to miss. You can see his resolve tighten when he looks away then looks back up with a new focus.

There is no time lapse here. Avillo is shot and prob dead.
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
 
Oct 2, 2016 3:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 19
I was expecting something far different from this...but anyway this show was really good

7/10

Also why is this considered an open ending?It's pretty much obvious that Nero killed Avilio.There's no always need to show blood to make understand that someone died.
Modified by madotsuki888, Sep 13, 2017 10:33 AM
 
Oct 2, 2016 3:04 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1
It was a good anime.

This last episode however, was absolutely atrocious. While I had rated it at a sparkling 10 before this episode, and recommended it to all my friends, this 'finale' or more accurately, 'trashnale' caused me to drop the rating to a 1.

Nobody asked for, or wanted an open ending.
 
Oct 2, 2016 4:12 AM
oreomonogatari

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 895
Hm. The ending wasn't quite what it could have been so I won't bump it up to a 10, but it's certainly a well-earned 9/10 from me. It was a fine ending.
 
Oct 2, 2016 6:55 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 87
tkayo101 said:
Bushishi said:


1) Vincent's illness killed him.

2) Once Corteo died, Angelo really didn't give a shit about his revenge anymore. He was just going through the motions.

3) I can't argue against that.


1) And that's fine and dandy but show ussss is my point.

2) I remember Avilio had said he wanted Nero and Vincent to feel the same pain he felt. A pain worse than death. And that that was the reason why he didn't kill Nero. But his "the reason I didn't kill you is because I didn't want to kill you" at the end implies some kind of softness he has for Nero. Not even about causing Nero a pain worse than death. And that's what has me confused.
He had said that he thought after his revenge was completed he could maybe find a reason to live. (I think Corteo was his only reason left tbh). But since Corteo was gone he couldn't find one. Hence his I'll see you soon after killing Corteo. He was planning to die anyways. He might as well have accomplished his plan as sought out. Getting rid of Nero as well. (I'm not sure what happened to Ganzo).

3) I forgot to mention another instance of him conveniently being used to push the story forward, whilst tagging along with his good old buddy Avilio ofc not doing much. Fango had to be gotten rid of eventually. There was no way he would make it out alive with the kind of ambitions he had. And since everyone else had tried killing him and failed (lmao). Corteo conveniently to the rescue.


2) At FIRST Angelo wanted to kill Nero, but started feeling soft for him. However, he still felt the obligation to complete his revenge. Once again, when Corteo died, he acted less on his revenge and just wanted to die, evinced by his tired expression throughout.
 
Oct 2, 2016 7:42 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 257
That ocean part reminded me of Punpun and Aiko's scene. It was great.
 
Oct 2, 2016 8:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1306
Nero with that speech at the end saying "You don't need a reason to live, just live." Makes me believe he kept him alive.

Though the diner scene and that random dude stopping in the road at the end was weird. Reminded me a lot of the Sopranos ending.

8/10
"So I told her 'Nice try, Granny' and sent her to the back of the line."

~Newman

Spring 2018 Waifus in Profile
 
Oct 2, 2016 10:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 474
UnderminE said:
That ocean part reminded me of Punpun and Aiko's scene. It was great.

It's remind me on movie "Knockin' on heaven's door". Then Angelo said, that he never seen a ocean, that movie is the only, that came to my mind. And that trip together...I think, that this ending is better, than some kind of specific ending. And why is so important to know, alive they or not? Their story is ended, it's not like there will be a continuation, if they both alive at the end.
 
Oct 2, 2016 11:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 474
Well, i don't know, if this important anymore, but...
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1493806&show=50#msg45288640
If score like this is corresponding to "suck"...Like i wrote before, i don't think that it is important now.
 
Oct 2, 2016 12:25 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 3
Bushishi said:
tkayo101 said:


1) And that's fine and dandy but show ussss is my point.

2) I remember Avilio had said he wanted Nero and Vincent to feel the same pain he felt. A pain worse than death. And that that was the reason why he didn't kill Nero. But his "the reason I didn't kill you is because I didn't want to kill you" at the end implies some kind of softness he has for Nero. Not even about causing Nero a pain worse than death. And that's what has me confused.
He had said that he thought after his revenge was completed he could maybe find a reason to live. (I think Corteo was his only reason left tbh). But since Corteo was gone he couldn't find one. Hence his I'll see you soon after killing Corteo. He was planning to die anyways. He might as well have accomplished his plan as sought out. Getting rid of Nero as well. (I'm not sure what happened to Ganzo).

3) I forgot to mention another instance of him conveniently being used to push the story forward, whilst tagging along with his good old buddy Avilio ofc not doing much. Fango had to be gotten rid of eventually. There was no way he would make it out alive with the kind of ambitions he had. And since everyone else had tried killing him and failed (lmao). Corteo conveniently to the rescue.


2) At FIRST Angelo wanted to kill Nero, but started feeling soft for him. However, he still felt the obligation to complete his revenge. Once again, when Corteo died, he acted less on his revenge and just wanted to die, evinced by his tired expression throughout.


2) Hmm I see. So he essentially didn't kill Nero because he grew to taking a liking for him. (Because we know at the Playhouse when shit was going down he could have). I do like the parallels between a Young Nero not killing a Young Avilio when he could have. And an Adult Avilio not killing an Adult Nero when he also clearly could have.

All in all, I imagine this is what getting blueballed feels like xD A lot of buildup and excitement for the end and not feeling satisfied. I'm left wanting more...
If they ever release a manga of this anime I'd like to see what happened at the Playhouse. Thanks for the talk! :)
 
Oct 2, 2016 12:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 253
Rest in piece literally every charcter in the series lol.
「最後まで笑ってる強さを
もう知っていた」
 
Oct 2, 2016 12:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 732
I also doubt Nero killed Angelo at the end. He saw how it broke down his father to kill a good friend. Same when Angelo killed Corteo. When Angelo told him "it was for nothing" if probably struck Nero hard; as those were his father's last words too.

Nero is pretty much a dead man, Angelo has a chance to live further. Faking Angelo's death, and having him live on would explain why Nero seemed so satisfied at the end. He also would've held his word of "giving Angelo a reason to live."

Going by how everyone else was portrayed after killing a friend, it would be odd to show Nero happy.
 
Oct 2, 2016 2:38 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 3
Great ending. Liked it!
I like to think that Nero really killed Angelo at the end. It makes more sense to me.
I feel like they both finished/accomplished their goal at the end and that they both felt satisfied.

Angelo, having no reason left to live after finishing his task just wanted to die by Nero's hands like how he was supposed to be killed the night when he escaped from them. He blames Nero for all of what happened to him and what he has done to get his vendetta. As shown when he was screaming to Nero. He thinks that, if only Nero shot him that night, he couldn't have had to take revenge and do all things that he wouldn't have wanted like, killing Corteo.

Nero, on the other hand, wanted him to take his revenge and be satisfied about it since he already have started it, but it angered him that after all the killings and betrayal, Angelo feels nothing and that all of what he did was pointless.

Both of them wanted to finish what they started, and I think they both agreed on how it should end:
By killing Angelo like how he was supposed to be dead from the beginning.

long story short...
Angelo doesn't want to kill Nero because he wanted Nero to kill him instead.
and Nero wants Angelo to feel satisfied so he gave him what he wants. DEATH.

well, that's what I think about this ending. thanks for reading.
also, sorry for my bad English. :D
 
Oct 2, 2016 5:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2192
catullus said:
Jonesy974 said:


As for him not shooting Avilio:
- There was no blood
- There was no body or drag marks and Nero went back to his car immediately
- The footprints magically ended apruptly
- ^ There was no way the ocean could have washed all of it away instantly


uh there is a time lapse there where you dont know how much time has passed from when he shot til he started driving away. There is no way to tell how long that was.

The argument for him being shot is he trained his gun on him and never moved it enough to miss. You can see his resolve tighten when he looks away then looks back up with a new focus.

There is no time lapse here. Avillo is shot and prob dead.


You just say there is an uncertain time lapse...and then saying that there isn't and Avilio is dead. You're invalidating your own argument.

You can see his resolve tighten? Weird, since resolve is intangible. You can assume he made a decision, but saying he visibly had the resolve to do it is also speculative.
 
Oct 2, 2016 6:25 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 5
one of the best anime of summer 2016
 
Oct 2, 2016 6:37 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 1
So I am confused on the last episode. So Nero shot Aneglo at the beach and the Galassians saved him after Nero left? Or did the Galassians take Angelo in after he kill the Venetties from episode 11?
 
Oct 2, 2016 7:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 185
So goooood, i think hes still alive tbh tho, plus shit didnt add up. Nero shouldve died and not Corteo. Im still bummed about that but this was great (Probably #2 if not #1 of the season. There were some plot holes so there might be something else in the near future.
 
Oct 3, 2016 1:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 136
thecookiedemon said:
No he did not die, and i have proof go back to the episode and go to 11min and 5 sec it flashed to a what happens after he gets shot he sees the beach and wakes up with a bandage on he lived but he did get shot please go back and watch it so many people missed this. It was not a open ending!!

I thought so too, since the episode was a bit chaotic. At first when the scene starts, Angelo wakes up to the sound of waves, because the place where he was last conscious was the beach. Later on in the episode he tells Nero to go to the beach as he has never been there before. How would he know what is the sound of waves if he hadn't been to the beach before? I doubt he just came to listen to some radio podcast that happened to be recorded at the beach.
I used to be a 3D lover like you... But then I took an arrow to the heart.
 
Oct 3, 2016 7:27 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 89
A most satisfying last episode
I like bad endings

 
Oct 3, 2016 8:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 3165
What the fucking hell just happened at this finale episode?! It's too intense!
Just damn it, It wasn't clear If Angelo died, or they are both alive or maybe dead.
I'm confused. Well what ever, I'm gonna rate this anime an 8 (or 9?) out of 10 score over all.
Haters always gonna hate.
 
Oct 3, 2016 10:15 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1031
That's it? Can't say I like this uncertain end.

I mean I'm relatively sure Angelo died on that beach but that's the one outcome I didn't really like. I wouldn't even have minded if both survived or both died but this is just cruel without showing what actually happens >.>

Nero can't really escape either. So he's most likely going to die, too. Could have at least shown that, too, to round it up.

Anyway 9/10. Amazing anime. The soundtrack and atmosphere were well done and it was interesting to see the developments of Angelo's plan.

 
Oct 3, 2016 10:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 8562
😭😭😭😭💔💔💔💔
What an ending.
 
Oct 3, 2016 12:15 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 1481
Man, this anime is truly awesome.
 
Oct 3, 2016 2:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 1695
Gotta say the ending could've been better, i wanted to see an all out war between the two but this is why i love this show because you can't expect what's gonna happen next.

Overall, this was a great fuckin series, surpassed all my expectations, and it's my fav outta this season.

1- 91 Days 8-8.5/10
2- Mob Psycho 100 8/10
3- Re Zero 7.5/10
4- Saiki Kusuo waiting for it to end/10
5- New Game 6/10
 
Oct 3, 2016 5:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 2949
This show is CRIMINALLY underrated.
 
Oct 3, 2016 7:20 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 1
nero didnt kill angelo, theres a big number of reasons, this episode was scrambled in scenes hence the confusion but if you kept a close observation you would notice that in the beginning of the episode galassias caught angelo hostage and while he was passed out, the galassias had killed off most and chased nero and tigre straight to the island where fango onced ruled, but at the same time the new don of galassias assumed that angelo still intends to kill nero and decides to use him as bait and also to have angelo kill nero, hence angelo was detained at hote lawlessl in room 501 which the guards were confused why their boss has not have angelo killed, and notice that angelo has a megazine with cover that shows florida ... the state of palm trees and beaches, so now they are escaping to a beach, angelo knowing he wont kill nero and yet lied to make a deal with the don of galassias knew he needed to escape or he would be dead, so now they are at the ocean and and the scenes are focused on the foot prints which play a critical clue, and angelo tells nero he didnt kill him cause he didnt want to kill him, walking by nero with his guard down so nero stops while angelo is walking and nero takes out his gun and aims at angelos back but notice he closes his eyes and shifts the gun down abit towards the right, and when he opens his eyes he shifts gun more lower and we hear a gunshot but we dont see remotely any amount of blood or a body, yet we see nero driving and looked at a can of pineapples, at close to the end of the prohibition era, in the 1930s florida palm beach was probably the biggest place that was cultivating pineapples, so in the end we see back at beach 2 sets of foot prints have paced along the beach only to stop about the same time, with one being a a step or 2 more then the other, yet back at the scene where nero supposely shot angelo, angelo walked a good amount of steps away from nero which concludes that nero shot down at the sand and continued to walked with angelo until they stop at the destination where a boat was on standby and angelo proceeds to get on with nero reluctant to join but does and they part ways in florida, explains why you see a can of pineapple that angelo probably stole and left for nero on the trip, as nero smiles and drives off, the man who stops in the opposite direction seems to look like some kind of cop or federal agent looking to track them down
 
Oct 3, 2016 8:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5865
What!? that's it!? LAME!!! where's the body!? already buried at the shore?
3/5.
8/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 3, 2016 11:06 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 185
Good series, just watched the whole thing tonight. Wasn't impressed by the opener episodes but I picked it up after everyone around me was saying it gets better.
 
Oct 4, 2016 7:47 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 414
Actually it is possible that the ocean palatially wiped out Avilio's footsteps, because the waves are coming randomly. And if the end of the traces is the place he didn't get shot, were are the exit footsteps?

I think this scene was a statement - "We leave this to your imagination.".

One of the reasons Nero could shot Avilio is the former was practically begging him to finish his old job.
I guest we will never know the decision Nero made - to end the circle or to give Avilio a chance to escape from Galassias. (The pursuer will follow Nero's car.)

@lovelyangel666
How would he know what is the sound of waves if he hadn't been to the beach before? I doubt he just came to listen to some radio podcast that happened to be recorded at the beach.

You know, they had movies with sound in this era. It's hard to tell if Angelo went to one, probably no (he was poor, he never was in the mood), but it is possible.

Anyway pretty solid theory and very probable - the pursuer went to the beach instead following Nero's car...so both of them are alive.
 
Oct 4, 2016 8:05 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 108
megaload said:


@lovelyangel666
How would he know what is the sound of waves if he hadn't been to the beach before? I doubt he just came to listen to some radio podcast that happened to be recorded at the beach.

You know, they had movies with sound in this era. It's hard to tell if Angelo went to one, probably no (he was poor, he never was in the mood), but it is possible.


I think it's pretty possible as he seemed not that poor before his family was murdered.
 
Oct 4, 2016 8:10 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 414
@KolmeDG. this was 7 year before.
Not sure if the technology was in all movie theaters by that time.
 
Oct 4, 2016 8:20 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 108
@megaload Oh, your right.
In that case, perhaps Angelo just have been to the beach in the past. He asked Nero if he has ever been there, but Angelo said nothing about himself.

I don't know the official background story, though...
 
Oct 4, 2016 11:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 4141
i'm pretty sure he didn't kill him but seriously though fuck those Inception type of endings
 
Oct 4, 2016 9:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 131
This episode was just amazing. Yes there was a lot of violence. But the voice actors did a tremendous job especially with Angelo/Avilio and Nero. I guess it is safe to assume that Nero didn't kill Angelo like he did 7 years ago? I can say that this was a satisfying ending to such a great series!
 
Oct 5, 2016 12:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 1136
dropped score to 7 because the ending was really unsatisfying for me.
overall still a good show with interesting plot, I want to see more anime like this in the future.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
 
Oct 5, 2016 12:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 136
@megaload
@KolmeDG

As far as I recall, although I might be wrong, Avilio insisted they go to the beach because he has never been there and he mentioned that to Corteo a few episodes back. And while he might have glimpsed a TV in one of his bosses' houses, his apartment both before joining the family and after show he's living a very frugal life. While there were already movies with sound, do you imagine a mafioso going to the theatre in his free time, if he has any? Avilio was pretty much busy with plotting his revenge on the Vanettis all the time and was poor af anyway.

While your theory is plausible, it's still suspicious that the creators decided to put the sound of waves exactly on the moment of his awakening and not in any other scene in the show.
I used to be a 3D lover like you... But then I took an arrow to the heart.
 
Oct 5, 2016 1:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 14
I love this episode so much. Awesome soundtrack and the tension was built so well throughout the season with the finale not disappointing. Personally I think Nero killed Avilio because he looked up this time when he fired his gun unlike in episode one. The lack of body/blood and ocean washing away the footprints was done to show that in the end it was all for nothing and their tragic story will be forgotten and washed away as if it never happened. I also think Nero dies at the end when getting recognized by the other driver. It seems like the only way Avilio's revenge would have been completed without him killing Nero (since he didn't want to do so).
 
Oct 5, 2016 2:26 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 414
@lovelyangel666
And while he might have glimpsed a TV in one of his bosses' houses

Are you joking?
If not, there ware this type of big big lamp radios that vaguely resemble TV sets. My grandfather had one of those.
Maybe you saw something familiar.

it's still suspicious that the creators decided to put the sound of waves exactly on the moment of his awakening and not in any other scene in the show

Yeees, and we are trying the explain it with different theories.
Maybe Avilio went to talkie movie not because he was in the mood but just following Nero, or maybe there was gramophone disc with different sound samples which he listened in his youth, or he heard the sea on radio or he have pretty good idea from some big lake (this time when he went to Chicago?).

I admit that your theory is very probable but the creators purposely left things indefinite - so, no way to prove any of our suggestions.
 
Oct 5, 2016 8:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 136
@megaload

No, I'm not joking. I have no idea what lamps are you talking about but in the early 1930s there were radio-tv-like boxes that resemble drawers.

I highly doubt there were any gramophone records with sound samples. Music recording and gramophones weren't exactly cheap for anyone to decide to record different sounds for kids' education.

>this time when he went to Chicago?
That's the most plausible option of all you said so far. In fact, he has already seen the ocean - he travelled by boat to Chicago - but he specifically wanted to see the beach in that final scene. I don't exclude the possibility that he could have visited Lake Michigan on his way to Chicago but he wasted so much time with Corteo on the way there that it's doubtful he had any time for loitering around.
I used to be a 3D lover like you... But then I took an arrow to the heart.
 
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »