Forums
New
The story is becoming cliche nowadays?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 29, 2016 7:27 PM

Nov 2012
TitanAnteus said:
GamerDLM said:

Have to do the obligatory mention though, Taboo Tattoo is a seinen series. So based on the simple notion that it sounds like they're applying an incorrect demographic and the related tropes to the series means they probably aren't too familiar with demographics in the first place.

Akame Ga Kill was seinen too, but it basically followed shounen tropes to a tee. Just because it's published inside a seinen magazine doesn't mean it has to feel like a seinen series. It just means they're allowed to add gore and nudity.

AGK is published in a shonen magazine.
Sep 29, 2016 8:00 PM

Jan 2013
@GamerDLM
@SuperRed

Oh damn. Don't know where I got my info from.
Sep 29, 2016 8:09 PM

Aug 2008
You just discovered how shit anime really is as entertainment medium. When I first watch anime, I thought anime is the greatest thing but now that I look back, it doesn't really have good story or writing as I thought. Perhaps, when I first watch anime,it feels exotic and fresh to me but now, just not anymore. Still watch anime because it's good way to kill time and it's short.
ZapredonSep 29, 2016 8:12 PM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 29, 2016 9:38 PM
Dec 2015
At some point, everything becomes cliche. Anime was cliche way before current year rolled around, and the same goes for other mediums of entertainment, so I'll definitely have to go with no.
Sep 29, 2016 11:31 PM
May 2016
Cliché arnt bad if you use them properly.
Sep 29, 2016 11:50 PM

Sep 2016
jcp365 said:

Wrong, clichés are bad even if used properly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2016 1:42 AM

Jul 2016
MFL said:
jcp365 said:

I think cliche animes are not bad all the time,though it would give you a bad impression at first.
Zapredon said:
You just discovered how shit anime really is as entertainment medium. When I first watch anime, I thought anime is the greatest thing but now that I look back, it doesn't really have good story or writing as I thought. Perhaps, when I first watch anime,it feels exotic and fresh to me but now, just not anymore. Still watch anime because it's good way to kill time and it's short.

True,at first I thought animes are just cliche recently but until all the posts,I found out that this is actually happening in decades of years ago.
TokumiaSep 30, 2016 1:47 AM

Life is empty without anime

Sep 30, 2016 2:53 AM

Apr 2015
Isn't everything got inspired by something before it? Well if "giving an inspiration" means "cliche", then 99.999999999999% things on this world is a cliche anyways, also works for anime.
Sep 30, 2016 2:56 AM

Feb 2013
MFL said:
jcp365 said:

@jcp365 i think you 2 have veeeeeeeeery different examples in mind
Sep 30, 2016 3:08 AM

Sep 2016
romagia said:
MFL said:

Eh, not really. It pisses me off whenever there's a cliché story incoming and I end up dropping it out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2016 3:51 AM
May 2016
@Romagia an example of a good anime with clichés is "highschool of the dead" which has many american zombie movie clichés. However , it is hards to find good anime with clichés.
jcp365Sep 30, 2016 3:54 AM
Sep 30, 2016 3:53 AM

Feb 2013
MFL said:
romagia said:

Eh, not really. It pisses me off whenever there's a cliché story incoming and I end up dropping it out.
jcp365 said:
@Romagia an example of a good anime with clichés is "highschool of the dead" which has many american zombie movie clichés.

well, what do you have to say in your defense, MFL-kun? you rated that show a 9
Sep 30, 2016 4:19 AM

Apr 2015
Nah, anime plots are not becoming cliche, you accidentally watched some that are similar.

There is tonnes of good anime out there so never let your hopes die. Thats how I keep going on.
Sep 30, 2016 4:30 AM
Nov 2015
Originality is a lie.
Cliché is overused good theme. If you try hard to find the "cliché things" in everyshow you'll find it. If you focus on enjoying you wouldn't notice it.
+ Take note of the story debut year. I've once seen a Berserk review saying it's bad because it's cliché.
Sep 30, 2016 4:31 AM

Sep 2016
romagia said:
MFL said:

jcp365 said:
@Romagia an example of a good anime with clichés is "highschool of the dead" which has many american zombie movie clichés.

Yeah because I enjoyed it, it wasn't too cliché tbh
Sep 30, 2016 4:33 AM

Apr 2014
MFL said:
romagia said:

High School Of The Dead. It's full of cliché
Sep 30, 2016 4:34 AM

Feb 2013
MFL said:
romagia said:

you heard it well, @jcp365 san; the defendant claims it was not too cliche
was it really not too clichee, or the clichees were used properly?
Sep 30, 2016 4:36 AM

Jul 2016
Rukoudiora said:
MFL said:

I agree it is cliche but the further plot development and animation & sound aspects save it

Life is empty without anime

Sep 30, 2016 4:37 AM

Apr 2014
Swordarc said:
Rukoudiora said:

I agree it is cliche but the further plot development and animation & sound aspects save it

I don't think it's bad, I don't really care about cliché

I enjoy almost any anime, regardless of how overused it is
Oct 1, 2016 12:18 AM

May 2015
which anime what

what are you talking about lmao hehe xd cuddlez
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 5 hours ago

19 by MeguSae38 »»
31 seconds ago

Poll: » Spring 2024 my fav anime lineup yet! What is your fav series that is going under the radar?

rohan121 - 4 hours ago

8 by Zarutaku »»
4 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - 7 hours ago

23 by Ratris_Decision »»
8 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

69 by FZREMAKE »»
10 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?

arinthach - Yesterday

44 by Zimmu »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.