Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 27, 2016 7:39 PM

Oct 2014
(Could you leave a brief why it's a good movie as well or sypnopsis)
I'm open to any genre but it would be preferred under 1hr 30 mins (it's fine if not but I'd prefer not)
Sep 27, 2016 7:56 PM

Sep 2016
Are you too stupid to find movies on your own? Why would you listen to anyone who watches Anime for their recommendation if they're just going to tell you what they like and not something you would. If you want to go see a movie go to the fucking movie theater.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2016 9:09 PM

Oct 2014
Enigmaman said:
Are you too stupid to find movies on your own? Why would you listen to anyone who watches Anime for their recommendation if they're just going to tell you what they like and not something you would. If you want to go see a movie go to the fucking movie theater.
ARE YOU RETARTED? WHAT DOES ANIME HAVE TO DO WITH A MOVIE RECCOMENDATION? NO DUH THEYLL TELL ME SOMETHING THEY LIKE, THATS WHAT I WANT HOW ELSE DO RECCOMENDATIONS WORK ARE YOU DUMB BRO? LIKE ARR YOU DUMB?
Sep 27, 2016 9:28 PM

Jan 2015
^calm bro, ignore that guy

some like this?
F for Fake
the man from earth
phone booth
Following
Pi
Rashomon
naked gun

*link for synopsis tho' :3

la critique de l'intention pure
Sep 27, 2016 10:17 PM

Aug 2013
The Skin I live in.

Check IMDB for the synopsis but not the tags because a specific tag will spoil you. Also don't watch the trailer.

Antonio Banderas is really chilling in this movie, really comes across as a mad scientist although not outwardly crazy. Both the main characters come across as grey to me although Antonio Bandera's character veers more to the dark side. What Antonio Banderas did in the movie was really fucked up but you can sympathize with him. The movie isn't horror but it can leave an unsettling feeling in you.

Sorry but it's 2 hours I believe. Movies are rarely below 1 hour and a half.
DrGeroCreationSep 27, 2016 10:23 PM
Sep 28, 2016 1:21 PM

Oct 2014
@Nigella_sativa Yeah! Those look interesting from the links you provided. I'll be sure to watch them and let you know my thoughts. Thanks

@DrGeroCreation thanks, and that's fine. It's just when it comes to longer movies (whether it be because the movie isn't that good or maybe I can't pay attention for long) sometimes I let my mind and eyes drift off. That movie seems like it'll keep my attentive tho. I'll be sure to watch ASAP and let you know how I felt about it.
Sep 28, 2016 3:26 PM
Jul 2018
Well, I don't really know too many movies under 1h 30m

Eghh the only specific one I've for you os moonrise kingdom I mean the camera is definetely the most interesting bit, it gives it a unique feel, storywise tho it's good but I don't think it's really impressive

Also

Ehhh... It is not really a movie reccomandation(kinda is) but you should try quentin tarantino's work, I haven't seen all of his movies but those I've seen I liked

As for why, it's kinda tough since there is more than one movie but most of his work has a intresting directing style, lots of blood, the word "nigger" being said more often than in a rap song and him starring himself in most of his movies as a side character who often
Sep 28, 2016 9:36 PM

Dec 2010
See No Evil, Hear No Evil
richard pryor is a blind guy, gene wilder is a deaf guy, they get into some situations

The Producers
gene wilder and zero mostel create a musical about Hitler

Big
tom hanks as a kid wishes he was older and he wakes up one day as an adult

The Fly
jeff goldbloom creates a teleportation machine and mistakenly teleports with a fly in the capsule

john carpenter, david cronenberg, quentin tarantino, wes anderson, mel brooks, stanley kubrick, spike lee are all really really fucking talented directors that I suggest you check out

Sep 28, 2016 9:58 PM

Jun 2015
One I'll always recommend is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. It's closer to 2 hours than and hour and a half but it definitely doesn't feel like it. Honest take on a failing relationship and some fantastic technical work.

Other than that, I'll list some random movies you may like, idk.

Woyzeck (1979) was a pretty decent German film that is only 82 minutes, so not too much of an investment. It's about a guy who's been fed nothing but peas for a year, hears voices, and goes crazy. Good fun.

My Dinner With Andre (1981) is just that, a dinner between two people. They talk about a lot of neat things, but the very intro is kind of meh to me. It's a bit longer, but you can find it on youtube.

Found (2012) is a neat take on slasher horror films. It focuses on the brother of the psycho and how it all affects him. Doesn't really have anything too graphic, and it's not a slasher film at all, so that's a plus.

45 Years (2015) is pretty much 90 minutes I think, and it's a great drama about a long relationship that starts to fall apart when one big secret gets revealed. It's subtle and smart, definitely a fun watch.

Also..
Uhio said:
john carpenter, david cronenberg, quentin tarantino, wes anderson, mel brooks, stanley kubrick, spike lee are all really really fucking talented directors that I suggest you check out
this

Sep 28, 2016 11:44 PM

Nov 2008
You want a brief description and reason but you don't even state what kind of a movie you're looking for? I could be writing forever. This request is too broad and absurd.

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7571 by tsukareru »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Avatar: The Way of Water or Dune: Part Two

AcbSnakeDemon - Apr 20

6 by alex889 »»
9 hours ago

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - Apr 18

6 by Enderobot »»
Yesterday, 9:05 AM

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

10 by not-perfect »»
Yesterday, 2:06 AM

» cardi b fans unite

batslimeman - Apr 18

2 by batslimeman »»
Yesterday, 2:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.