Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 2, 2016 10:08 AM

Feb 2015
Romezde said:
Hello for all who post in this forum, I'm Jerome De Guzman 16 years old 100% Filipino I'm also a fan of basketball I've just read this forum just Nov.30 base on all of your post I've decided to make a survey I asked 100 people age 18 years old to 25 years old if they watch anime! 98 say yes 2 say when they was kid I also ask those 100 people if they read manga 57 of them said yes 24 of them said sometimes 5 said they just stop because they are busy 2 said they never 7 said they want to but they don't have money to buy books and the rest five said they have a lots of it, I also ask them if they like basketball??? All of them say yes 100%. Its only 18-25 years old how about the younger filipinos or the older??? All I want to say is Filipino is a great fan of anime if you ask them what anime good to watch they will suggest too many of it. Filipino can define what good or what is best anime they been watched. Try to watch barangay 143 I'm sure you'll see how Pinoy love anime and basketball.

I am also a Filipino, but you know what? People, especially filipino are shitting on the Last EP of Charlotte, that when Phi was featured, they raged as fuck to the point that I threw my laptop. Your point is invalid, and needs citation for that, and sources...

Yeah, the comments was on FB and people saying stuff like," that ain't what we are"... Laugh at the irony if you will...
Dec 2, 2016 10:14 AM

Dec 2015
I don't like the art style..it reminds me of that anime or is it a cartoons? about street basketball that I watched before (especially the art style) So I am not sure whether I'll watch this one or not and the tittle sounds cheesy to me lol.
Dec 27, 2016 1:58 AM
Dec 2016
_Ako_ said:
Romezde said:
Hello for all who post in this forum, I'm Jerome De Guzman 16 years old 100% Filipino I'm also a fan of basketball I've just read this forum just Nov.30 base on all of your post I've decided to make a survey I asked 100 people age 18 years old to 25 years old if they watch anime! 98 say yes 2 say when they was kid I also ask those 100 people if they read manga 57 of them said yes 24 of them said sometimes 5 said they just stop because they are busy 2 said they never 7 said they want to but they don't have money to buy books and the rest five said they have a lots of it, I also ask them if they like basketball??? All of them say yes 100%. Its only 18-25 years old how about the younger filipinos or the older??? All I want to say is Filipino is a great fan of anime if you ask them what anime good to watch they will suggest too many of it. Filipino can define what good or what is best anime they been watched. Try to watch barangay 143 I'm sure you'll see how Pinoy love anime and basketball.

I am also a Filipino, but you know what? People, especially filipino are shitting on the Last EP of Charlotte, that when Phi was featured, they raged as fuck to the point that I threw my laptop. Your point is invalid, and needs citation for that, and sources...

Yeah, the comments was on FB and people saying stuff like," that ain't what we are"... Laugh at the irony if you will...

I just Watch Charlotte ep1 to the last ep, I repeat the ep that PH was featured I think there's no point for you to throw your laptop the part of PH was featured is to short and I think there's nothing can disappoint me, I think you just hate that it shown you the true state of Filipinos. lets take a test if you here in PH just look around the city and see or come to residential area and just watch them, YES " that ain't what we are" but thats the most Filipino. Its not "What we are?" Its "What our country are?" you are just individual The current population of the Philippines is 102,997,281 as of Tuesday, December 27, 2016, based on the latest United Nations estimates.
Dec 27, 2016 2:10 AM

Jan 2016
Philippines...basketball...yup, doesn't surprise me at all.
Dec 27, 2016 2:24 AM

Aug 2014
I don't think I'm gonna like this but.... we'll see XD.
Dec 27, 2016 2:28 AM

Feb 2015
I'm just disappointed on the artworks. I think it will be a lot better if it's not drawn like Kuroko and more like Slam Dunk, but who cares.

Probably many Filipinos would watch it. Kuroko and Slam Dunk had a good reception in the country.

Romezde said:

100 respondents as your sample would not reflect the whole populace of 100 million approximately. Roughly you only had .0001% of 100M as a sample, or 0.009% of the 11 million people in NCR, which is too specious to generalize the opinion of the country.

What is the background of your respondents? Do they live in the NCR, use internet, and study for higher education?"
JomsDec 27, 2016 2:37 AM
Dec 27, 2016 3:02 AM

Apr 2015
Why basket instead of dota 2? Pinoys love dota 2.
Dec 27, 2016 8:14 AM

Feb 2015
You said:
Why basket instead of dota 2? Pinoys love dota 2.

Nah all that can be featured are those who trash talked in computer shops and ppl that blames the keyboard and mouse for their poor skills. Well Basketball, I think because of the fact that a lot of ppl in PH plays that even in street.
Apr 17, 2017 12:44 AM

Oct 2014
I'm looking forward to this. I wonder who are the voice actors
Apr 17, 2017 3:50 AM

Jan 2016
Well I hope it doesn't humiliate the Filipino culture.

But it probably will anyway. Filipinos are relatively good at downgrading their own race when foreigners are watching.
Apr 17, 2017 12:47 PM

Jul 2015
I haven't seen too much anime based in other Asian countries besides China, like Korea for example, or too many characters from other Asian countries for that matter, the only Laotian cartoon characters I have seen, for instance, where on King Of The Hill! (Based in Texas of course). So I guess that the Japanese TV and animation studios are looking for new markets as anime's appeal grows worldwide, as for basketball, that sport has become more popular worldwide as well.
Apr 17, 2017 3:43 PM

Mar 2017
Bu...bu...but DotA 2?

Basketball is way too overdone already.

Seriously though, eSports is a growing juggernaut and what better way to ride the tide than an actual definitive eSports anime instead of another SAO wannabe?

Use Sound! Euphonium's story as a model with the same grounded drama but instead of a school band trying to make it to the nationals, we have a team trying to make it big in the competitive MOBA scene on the world stage.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Apr 17, 2017 3:50 PM

Sep 2014
Prepare for the cringe. Filipinos are asswipes when playing basketball, we think we're good because everyone else is so short.

This anime should be about Dota or WOT, would make more sense.
Apr 17, 2017 4:03 PM

Oct 2014
Obligatory Fate/Zero

I hope someone makes a shitton of Manten AMVs for this show.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
May 22, 2017 7:50 AM

Nov 2015
I wonder what happened to this anime, TV ASAHI anyone????????????????? lol
May 26, 2017 2:46 AM

May 2008
It's weird that their twitter page is gone and their FB page and the official site hadn't been updated since December of last year. There's also no news on who are the cast and the staff and it's supposed to be out on Spring 2017.

Did they lack on the budget? Or is it in developmental hell?
May 26, 2017 6:36 AM

Apr 2017
Who would have thought that celebrities as Seiyuu will dub the show.

I hope they find a fitting role onto set of characters

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
May 26, 2017 6:45 AM

Feb 2015
Even now, I still have mixed feelings about this. I just hope they chose the best writers. And the fact it's now Spring 2017 and it hasn't been aired yet, they may have had some problems.

Brb said:
Plus, the Japanese don't know how the Southern Tagalog accent works (which is the majority accent in Manila)

Not sure where you got that because the Southern Tagalog accents/dialects are different to the accent/dialect spoken in Manila. Never heard Manilenos say "nakain" but instead the standard "kumakain" and the likes when it comes to giveaway in grammar differences. I'm from Laguna myself.
KonradikonMay 26, 2017 6:49 AM
May 26, 2017 9:50 AM
Jul 2018
The anime Charlotte briefly shows the anime protagonist visiting the place.

Freya.....
Sep 7, 2018 6:08 AM
Aug 2015
Psyches said:
The anime Charlotte briefly shows the anime protagonist visiting the place.

Freya.....

That's not in Barangay 143.
Angeles City and Tondo Manila are far away from each other.
Sep 7, 2018 7:14 AM

Mar 2017
I'm glad they're forging something by making an anime show, but I have a feeling it's gonna be trash in the end
Sep 7, 2018 7:25 AM
May 2009
Will watch if they get a Japanese Dub Release. Otherwise it will be a PTW for a long time.
Sep 8, 2018 7:48 AM

Sep 2018
Symptomatic said:
BRB-kun said:

That's the thing. Most sports watchers tend to not watch anime, and vice versa(I don't have statistics, merely from observation).

Plus, the Japanese don't know how the Southern Tagalog accent works (which is the majority accent in Manila)

I'd love to hear them speak a bit of Filipino words while using Tagalog accent. Lolol.

Well if the storyline and art is good, and if one of PH's local tv stations broadcasts it, maybe those guys will get to watch it? It's basketball after all

Wouldn't they just get Filipino/Japanese voice actors? I'm sure there's plenty of people who speak both fluenty.

I showed this to my Filipino BF and he was like "oh of course it's basketball!"
Nov 3, 2018 8:47 PM

Oct 2017
Romezde said:

You fail to mention so much information about your survey.

At what location do you ask for the survey?
Is it online or face to face?
If it's online, then at what site do you do that ?
What type of people usually go to that site?
Is your survey only in English form? If it's only in English, then this survey ofc only address the population who're speaking English.

Without addressing these questions, it's hard to judge how credible the survey is, and hard to judge what type of population are representing this survey.
Nov 3, 2018 8:48 PM

Jun 2017
Lol Pls no. A lot of Filipino fans doesn't even like that sh*t. We really think that it's utter sh*t. It doesn't deserve to be called an anime. I've watched one episode and I think it's more like watching ben10. The story is very generic, just like those "Telenovelas" they air everyday. The drama is very sensationalized. The Animation is utter sh*t. The characters looks like they are robots, they lag all the time, the background is horrible, the vehicle animation etc.
EmperorAlfredNov 3, 2018 8:52 PM
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

97 by APolygons2 »»
6 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

182 by StyxParadise »»
9 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

23 by Ex-Aid »»
29 minutes ago

» Is "Magnetic Rose" considered a masterpiece?

Alpha_1_Zero - 39 minutes ago

0 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
39 minutes ago

» Have you ever come across anime-related fakes?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

11 by Ex-Aid »»
50 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.