Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Oct 30, 2019 6:59 AM

Apr 2018
Top down, one of my favorite animes. Every episode was awesome, and the finale did not disappoint! Reigen is so funny but SOOOO influential to Mob. Really great ending too with the bonding between siblings at the dinner table. :) Brought a huge smile to my face. lulz at his dad thinking it's puberty.

Season 2 here we come.
Feb 14, 2020 3:48 PM

Feb 2018
Good anime overall 10/10
Feb 23, 2020 5:45 PM
Jul 2019
Last few episodes were very good, particularly last 4, however, and I know this might be an unpopular opinion as it has a wide base of fans, unfortunately I can't overlook the fact more than half of the season was a chore to watch and get through. First 6 or 7 episodes were just terrible for me, and I barely managed to bring myself to the good episodes at the end, and honestly even after the anime improved a lot in last few episodes, the overall story is hardly interesting. The comedy part wasn't really that good most of time either, bar few scenes and most of them were in last 2 episodes. Otherwise many comedy scenes for me were cheesy or even cringy than being funny.

6/10 is fine for me. 8 feels too much. It's a fine, decent anime considering how it ended but has many, many flaws and doesn't really provide any thing extraordinary or outstanding in comparison to many other popular animes. It being short anime with only 12 episodes should have led to a much faster start and better pacing rather than having more than half of the season a chore and only got into the main plot in last 5 episodes.
Mar 26, 2020 2:53 AM

Oct 2019
Fun watch, but not too special or great for my taste. I expect that masked girl would be Tatsumaki cameo, but it's actually an old dude. lol

7/10
andrearionaMar 26, 2020 3:26 AM
Mar 31, 2020 6:45 AM

Oct 2019
WOAH!! this last episode was truly amazing. I'm so annoyed that I didn't pick this up sooner. This was such a good series, hands down.
Apr 18, 2020 9:38 PM
Oct 2018
Mob really was a coward who was running away from his emotions and fears. Like that boy I am also disappointed in Mob.
May 10, 2020 1:36 PM

Jun 2017
I could not stop laughing when Reigen was roasting those guys.
I'm so glad I decided to watch this :)
May 21, 2020 3:22 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn, this episode was... anticlimactic.

I can't resist myself to say that this episode not satisfied me much. So, Mob can transfer his esper power to the others, eh? Thats some real interesting information for the season 2 development of the story. Lets see how that organisation put effort to rebuild its lost from Mob. And what can Sho and his dad do to the crews in the next season? More interesting idea of the story come out of nowhere, continuing how weird this show start with basic ghost hunt and school life's, and ended with the amazing battle of espers.

I can't count this as my best show. But, for the unique story parts, its put it at so much high effort. And the motivation to continue the story make me believe that this show really had a massives. So far its good, not taken its best, tho. The scenery where the show put a balance between comedic and action-supernatural thingy parts to the whole episodes really blessings. The joke was okay. The comical expression for every character were nice too. Unfortunately, when they put ugly art to the girls really make me sad. But at overall their art and animations were great, to visualise the One Sensei standard of arts.

I can't believe i put much effort to write it all down here. But, when i see Mob's story can be this fun, i can write my idea as long as i can. So this is my long score for everything i see:

Story was nice, 8 points must be too good to be my standard.
Music and sounds feel relaxings. Especially when the Mob's power got flowing into thin air. Its a godlike mode of sounds effect. So, i put the sounds to 10.
The art and animations was good. So 7 must be enough.
The characterization was good too. Because the series not ended well, so i see some improvisation on the next season. 7 for that.
Satisfaction comes from the combinations of nice story and well known characterization. So i put a simple number to show the combinations. An 8 scores for them.
Overall was hard to describe. Maybe i chose easy way to rate mean all of that scores. But i can't do that at every show. So i must show some effort to solve the thing.

The answer finally revealed: 8 out of 10. Thats it after a long brain-storming. Okay, maybe some cheap finalization over there. But my decision was a final. The anticlimactic final battle was really bugged me, so i can't give more then an 8 for this season 1. However, i like this show from my bottom of the heart. Okay. Time to go to the season 2!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 25, 2020 12:06 PM
Mar 2017
Fuzzylumpkins said:
WOAH!! this last episode was truly amazing. I'm so annoyed that I didn't pick this up sooner. This was such a good series, hands down.

I totally agree. I wish I had started this series earlier. I just started it 3 days back. But I absolutely love it. As they say - better late than never!
May 25, 2020 12:14 PM
Mar 2017

I
iReyzu said:
Fun watch, but not too special or great for my taste. I expect that masked girl would be Tatsumaki cameo, but it's actually an old dude. lol

7/10

I did not see that coming. I too expected the masked person to atleast be an older woman if not a girl!!!! The masked person being an old man was a tiny bit lame.
May 28, 2020 7:18 PM
Mar 2019
If you're mad "mob didn't go all out" you've completely missed the point of this show.
Jun 23, 2020 2:45 AM
Apr 2020
not gonna lie im kinda dissappointed in the ending
Jun 28, 2020 9:03 PM

Aug 2019
not bad not bad, must say i enjoyed this more then i thought.
Mob psycho 100 is hard to really put into words (i mean try explaining to someone what the opening theme is like) there's action, comedy, cliffhangers, thriller moments and bad ass moments all with a message more or less attached to them.
Story wise, it felt really straight forward in my opinion. We get introduced to mob, why/how he's so strong then characters like Reigen and slowly ease in later characters that will have a massive impact on the story like Teruki and Ritsu. This anime has a good amount of action in it, so so i would really say that tbh this anime is only action. Not saying its bad, it does the action scenes well, its just we are always hinted at mob longing to really see what his purpose in life is, to have a more normal life without the crutch of his psychic abilities, yet end of the day we see him have to resort to using his abilities, maybe because the situation calls for it, but we never see him be able to escape the reality that he will forever have these powers.
Characters were funny and great to see. Loved Teruki, probably a personal favourite from the soul fact that after we first saw him as the arrogant "protagonist" of his own world that would wonder around looking for a fight, get royally fucked by mob and taught a valuable lesson about how arrogance and self indolgense only leads to ones downfall, really takes it into account and turns into a really reliable character. We see him try to talk it out with Ritsu first when Ritsu himself was drunk with power and explain why thinking your the strongest star isn't always a good mindset. As well as helping mob later rescue Ritsu later and then supposedly starting a group of young espers to defend their city from Claw at the end of this episode. Teruki, hands down had the best character development in this anime.
Other characters like Ritsu himself, first i hated cus i thought his "jealous brother who becomes drunk with power" was really cliche but eased out a little after his contribution in the claw arc. Mob himself, had character development, except it felt so extraordinarily tiny. I really wanted this anime to focus on Mob finding were he wants to be in life and create his own goals, not relying on his abilties, but i guess if that happaned the action would be toned down a lot.
Now Reigen is a interesting one. Its such a love hate relationship if i'm honest. I dislike the guy cus he's a con-artist and i hate how well he does it. But i love the guy cus taking out the con-artist part, he gives the best advice out there, and who needs the best life advice he can get?Mob. Reigen's true intentions with mob, isn't just to exploit him to perform exorcists on spirits, but is to help him grow up to become a good person, someone who can openly express themselves and learn to not relay on their abilities all their life. This is really shown in episode 11 when he tells mob it's "ok to run away" and to NOT go all out. He really cares for mob and wants him to have a good upbringing so he can understand the amount of responsibility that weighs on his shoulders with how powerful his abilities are.
Art, is a wacky/10 from me. Made by the same people that made one punch, you could tell they slightly spiced the animation down to help add the the crazy and just random approach they wanted. The art more or less also swings both ways, it can be fucking 5 year old sketch book when it wants to be, then good quality visual/effects when mob is about to wipe the floor with someone. The art is balanced. As all things should be.
Side points, opening theme track? Fucking loved it, as well as the ending theme track + animation.
All in all 7/10 for me, really enjoyed it. Onto season 2!
Jul 17, 2020 11:41 AM

May 2020
Good Episode. Reigen took everything about Mob feel and beat them all. I was expecting to Mob keep using his true power for the right sake. Reigen was being a balancer for Mob but he is too arrogant when using it. Expression and art is clearly ONE's style. The whole show 8/10.
Aug 12, 2020 3:10 AM

Jul 2020
Reigen is a badass on this one. Though those powers were from Mob. But I wonder if Mob’s powers remain in him since he can still see Dimple or he really awaken his own psychic abilities.

This season is great. Thankfully I didn’t have to wait for a few years for another season lol.
Sep 5, 2020 2:41 PM

Jul 2016
Hmm till ep 8 I would have honestly given this show a 10 but the last few eps really felt a little too generic for me, shame. But still 8/10 in my book.
Sep 24, 2020 5:30 PM
Jul 2020
Did not go in the direction I was expecting, but I appreciate how sweet it got in the end. I love how it didn’t go cliche, and ended up surprising me.
Oct 11, 2020 6:12 AM
Aug 2019
I now understand why this anime is quite praised. Rightfully so I'd say. Interesting and humorous. 8/10
Oct 23, 2020 3:04 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Lately I've been doing a discussion post for each episode I watch of the anime I've been watching recently. However for this one it was not the case, because I hit play next for each episode with zero hesitation. I kind of just kept going and didn't want anything to interrupt me. When you really enjoy an anime, it's usually the case that it feels like time speeds up and you just finish an episode in what feels like five minutes. Last time I felt this way was assassination classroom, and now we have mob psycho. Man I had a blast watching this. All I wish for season 2 is to give us more insane fights- while short, hit hard. And while the story is not the most amazing thing in the world, I actually quite like it. Our favorite master seigen, while seemingly was just supposed to be some half-hearted attempt at comedic relief in what is already essentially a comedy, actually became an integral part to mob's controlling of his power. Anyway, going to take a break for now because I don't want to blast through the second season so soon. Gonna just be grateful that this anime exists for now. 100% gratitude to those who decided to make this all come to life. 8/10

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 27, 2020 7:20 AM

Feb 2009
I had high hopes for this anime and I was still blown away! It was fun, it was entertaining, it had a lot of heart! Honestly I liked Mob Psycho more than One Punch Man, mainly for the amazing characters. Solid 9/10 and on to the second season!
Jan 24, 2021 8:49 AM

Jul 2019
The last two episodes were amazing. Its exactly what I expected from this series. Plot wise its nothing grand, it just deals with whats coming with no initial direction/goal but its packaged with comedy which has been a hit or miss. Its not always successful and when it isn't the show is just bland, unless you're easily entertained by super powers and its fight scenes. Didn't like the drama with his brother its just cringy but yh I guess kids acts like kids so 7/10 kinda disagree with the story design
Feb 10, 2021 11:11 PM

Aug 2018
Reigen fucking master xD
Very good chapter. I could tell it was going to continue. Great Season 1, now to see the ova and the 2nd season.
Mar 5, 2021 4:47 AM

Feb 2021
didn't liked reigen in the last ep but this ep completely changed my opinion on him. Great character overall. he's such a badass
Mar 18, 2021 3:56 AM

Jul 2010
That was awesome really enjoyed it. I wished i had not watched the Netflix adaptation as i knew the plot oh well lesson learned lol. Still a fun watch on to season 2. 8/10
Fullmetal51Mar 18, 2021 4:07 AM
Apr 28, 2021 5:33 PM

Feb 2009
Loved it. Mob and Reigen saving each other at the same time basically. Reigen gaining powers and getting OP in the process was great.
May 17, 2021 9:41 PM

Dec 2020
reigen's definitely the mvp of this episode. an absolute boss. blonde guy training the other espers was also rly cute. nice final episode, enjoyed this series a whole lot, will definitely be looking forward to the next one a lot o7
May 20, 2021 2:11 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty good season, I mostly enjoyed it fully. Reigen was really cool here. Expecting big things for this next season.
May 30, 2021 3:35 AM
Jan 2021
This show changed me for the best and also really funny and in my opinion mob psycho 100 is better than one punch man
Jun 22, 2021 3:13 PM

Jan 2020
Something about seeing reigen overpowered put a smile on my face. This was a nice finale for a good series. As much as I wanna give it a 8, some parts here and there did feel a little boring so I'm confident in giving it a strong 7/10. Regardless, this was a good series and seeing how well liked season 2 is, I'm really looking forward to it.

Oct 17, 2021 9:07 AM

Mar 2018
I get the theme of the show, I really do, but it just doesn't make sense for Reigen to even stand a chance against these guys. What would have happened if he didn't take Mob’s powers? It's not like he planned for that to have happened. Then what? Does Mob fight now(?), it’s not like they can run away. No one knows because for some outlandish reason Reigen got tenfold of Mob's power.

I'd also say that they WERE special, saying that they aren't because they are weaker than Reigen who considers himself as a commoner isn't an argument. It just looks like he is being modest.

I just didn't resonate with the theme of the show, it seemed like they just shoehorned it in at the final episode.
Oct 22, 2021 10:49 AM

Jan 2021
Reigen is the only guy to get op psychic powers and make them seem like nothing while defeating the enemy with facts and knowledge but the powers were cool even tho it was temporary
Oct 30, 2021 9:21 PM
May 2021
I love Reigen so much and I hated him for like the first two episodes. Great finale!!! Show is a 9/10 on my list :)
Dec 11, 2021 2:13 PM

Jun 2019
That was fucking incredible. I love Reigen so much. Such a cool ass character. Mob's powers got transferred to him temporarily and he defeated the complete 7th division by himself. Btw, that was some superior Talk no Jutsu from him.

Great season... Loved all the characters in this show. Mob was adorable and badass.
Dec 24, 2021 3:27 AM
Aug 2021
In the end, these supposed villanous psychics are nothing but children that never grew out of their delusions and faced reality. Especially that division leader who looks like an oldie but behaves just like a child. How annoying. The reveal of the katana just being a plastic sword made me crack up. So Suzuki is the son of Claw's boss but it seems that he's not on the Claw's side.

That was a great fucking anime. Shigeo's so fucking precious (I hope that he gets to have a normal life without having to use his powers). Reigen's definitely the best teacher/mentor I've seen in all mediums so far. I have no regrets about picking up this series again.
Dec 30, 2021 2:29 PM
Jun 2015
The division leader is a trap... bruh...
Feb 17, 2022 7:52 AM
Feb 2022
Wierd ass kid whit super telekinesis way not ay seen weirder
Feb 26, 2022 10:14 AM
Aug 2020
Wow, just wow. Now I understand all the hype, it is THAT good.
Feb 28, 2022 10:40 PM

Nov 2019
'Those were children's play, after all.'

'It's alright to run and fight another day', but eventually you'll have to do it, but will never walk alone.

9/10.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Mar 25, 2022 11:25 AM

Mar 2013
Reigen was actually cool for once.
Though I'm kinda disappointed since there's no romance between Takane and Mob... oh, wait, lemme ship Ichi with them as well, lol.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 27, 2022 9:50 PM

Jun 2012
This show was kind of mediocre for a lot of the season, but that last arc goes some way to explaining the popularity of both the show and Reigen specifically. Him just waltzing into the enemies secret chuuni lair and telling them all to grow up is a 10/10 moment. I still prefer both One Punch Man and Saiki-kun to this (which is kind of like a combination of the both of them), but that final arc closed the gap.
May 29, 2022 10:02 AM

Feb 2021
Lol Mob had transferred his powers to Reigen when he was about to snap.

Seeing Reigen use those psychic powers was pretty amusing. The animation team absolutely went ballistic on this one. Also, he gained the ability to see spirits now.

Lol, the Division leader is a tiny old man. I thought it was gonna be some loli.

Also, I didn't expect the redhead kid from before to be stronger than the leader. He's from the HQ, right? Seems like his dad is the boss of this organisation.

At least, the student council president realized and apologised for his mistake. Onigawara seems to be doing well.

Dimple doesn't seem like a threat anymore. He's grown on me in the past few eps.

This was a great watch. Honestly loved this.

Off I go to S2.

Jul 11, 2022 4:48 AM

Jan 2020
Reigen stole the show in this episode.
Jul 15, 2022 1:40 AM
Apr 2021
I'm kind of disappointed that Mob didn't go 100%
Aug 2, 2022 5:29 PM

May 2021
I'm a bit disappointed they gave Reigen all that power since his thing, for me, is that he wins by conning others. On the other hand, 1000% gratitude was a huge W.

That aside, the main cast, especially, Mob and Ritsu are very well-developed, and Reigen is a treat to watch. Not a big fan of the villains but I'm sure S2 will have more and better to offer in that department. Also hope S2 answers whether or not Mob is aware of what Reigen does. I feel the answer is yes but we will see.

Aug 26, 2022 3:04 PM
Aug 2021
Very good ending to season 1 leaving the door wide open for another season. Tastefully answers questions while asking new ones.
Sep 2, 2022 11:21 AM
Aug 2022
good ending only a bit scared because i thought reigen was dead but he said that it was a plastic sword
Sep 8, 2022 1:47 AM
Jul 2018
I think it's a really good show, honestly no fanservice, no loli or incest thing. And ONE, this man can write good characters that even if they are practically strongest, is quite relatable in a very grounded way.
Sep 10, 2022 4:51 PM
Aug 2020
I like the master!
Sep 12, 2022 7:27 AM
Aug 2022
Damn! It was dope, I liked it though
Sep 17, 2022 6:58 PM

Dec 2021
Reigen is unironically the best character
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2016

405 by ShirJager »»
Apr 17, 6:19 PM

Poll: » Do you think Mob is autistic? ( 1 2 )

TASM18 - Apr 4

56 by TASM18 »»
Apr 12, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

253 by mytsisontyhma »»
Apr 12, 1:35 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2016

266 by squiddard »»
Mar 26, 9:16 AM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2016

234 by squiddard »»
Mar 26, 8:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.