Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Mob Psycho 100 Episode 12 Discussion

Sep 27, 2016 12:46 AM

good last episode, and overall a really nice series

7/10

Sep 27, 2016 12:53 AM

I really did expect Mob to go all murderous on Claw, especially when his face started to look all scary as well.

But all of his powers transferred into Reigen and boy oh boy, did it make the climax so freaking awesome! He also got two of the Claw members back into the reality with his straight-to-the-point talking and attitude.

The leader of the 7th division was an old man, to my surprise, but not only did Reigen easily beat him, but so did the red headed kid, who was disappointed with Mob and the rest. I wonder how power he really is and what he and his father will do next. If One Punch Man got a second season, then I'll keep my fingers crossed for Mob Psycho 100 to get the second season it deserves too! =)

Overall, this show delivered where it mattered. From the art, animation, well written characters and the excellent humour too. Probably my AOTS for me. =D

An easy 9/10.

Sep 27, 2016 1:46 AM

Instead of Mob, Reigen goes 100%. Totally badass lol.
Son of claw's boss is powerful too. Taking 7th division's boss like that.
Let's wait for the 2nd season now :|

Sep 27, 2016 2:43 AM
I find it amazing that this show (in comparison to others on MAL) rose from a 7.7 to 8.5 in the span of just a few weeks WITHOUT having a cult following like AoT

Sep 27, 2016 2:59 AM

I have found this episode lacking as I was hoping for Mob to go full berserk, but it was still cool of course... (o.o)

The show was great overall, one of the best of the season!

Sep 27, 2016 3:20 AM

Completely destroyed my expectations, and that's great.

Reigen fight > Every OPM fight.

Sep 27, 2016 3:32 AM
I loved this show and for me it was the best show of this season by a landslide. Still, this episode was... A bit disappointing in theme I think?

It's not that I didn't love Reigen or that the animation wasn't fucking brilliant. I think that the directing of Mob Psycho 100 was one of the greatest things to happen in anime and the tone of the series was hilarious. What I had a problem with is that I'm not hyped at all, even though I loved the series as a whole.

I think that you have to have some stake or consequence in a comedy show so the comedy has a weight to it, you know? The arc had no consequences at all, and it mitigates the satisfaction of getting character growth. As a last episode, it was now that this kind of thing should be wrapped up and I don't think they pulled it off.

Still, the series was 9/10 for me, loved it and I hope they make a second season.

Sep 27, 2016 3:52 AM

Loved this show although it was boring around the middle but anyways I'd like to see another season til then a 9 in my list

Sep 27, 2016 4:35 AM

just a normal day where spoon bends and the brother fixes it lol

Sep 27, 2016 4:38 AM

The best part was how now all the powerful espers think Mob's master is actually some kind of super-psychic.

Sep 27, 2016 5:01 AM

Reigen too op please nerf

Sep 27, 2016 5:55 AM

This anime makes me feels lighter... sometimes it is okay ease up a bit and be a coward and admit that you are human after all, leave it to everyone around you, after all you can't achieve nothing by forcing all the pressure yourself just because you think you are capable.

10/10 Reigen is very interesting, on par with Onizuka, I learned a lot from this episode.

Sep 27, 2016 6:24 AM

Love it and reigen is op lol

Sep 27, 2016 6:55 AM
I knew it was going to be a great anime. Honestly, I enjoyed it from the start and it only grew on me. Wouldn't mind a 2nd season

8.5/10

Is OPM any better?

Sep 27, 2016 7:08 AM

Oh my god that was awesome! Reigan is just too awesome. Slapping Shigeo who had just reaches 100% transfered all that power to Reigan and he went wild showing off his maturity and how much of an adult he is compared to those children in front of him with shoulder pads and plastic swords. He obliterated the seventh division and even pissed off the leader by taking off his mask. And god dammit there was an old man underneath that mask!

Anyway, Reigan tells those bad guys that they're just mere humans no different than anyone else who just happen to be good at something. Reigan gets them off their high horses by telling them that they just got their asses kicked by a commoner who has no desire to take over the world or even hurt anyone for that matter. They're nothing but commoners and are a small bunch out of the billions of people on earth. They should first stop acting like kids and take a look at how many people give a damn about them and their organization. People couldn't care less about a small bunch of kids who want to take over the world despite not having seen the world. It's all just their impossible childish dream and they should face reality instead of staying delusional like this. Reigan is a con artist through and through but he says some awesome stuff and does some amazing things. He drags those guys out of their delusions and forces them to face reality. I love this bastard.

The fight scenes were sugoi. The division leader beating Reigan with his excessive force punches was great. The kid beating the division leader was also pretty cool. It had scenes which reminded me of Saitama vs Boros. The animation has been stellar to the very end. And they just had to show the kid's father as the Claw boss. God dammit! Second season when?!

This show has been nothing less than outstanding. I wouldn't compare this to OPM because I believe both are completely different animes. Mob is an interesting character and we have Reigan to thank for that. Reigan made Mob into the pacifist he is now. Reigan helped Mob control his powers. If it weren't for Reigan, Mob might have fought Teru and could have killed the division head here because he would have felt threatened and he's obviously not the kind of guy who wouldn't fight if there was nothing holding him back and he was threatened (the reason why he blew up with murderous intent in the last episode). Because of Reigan, Shigeo doesn't believe that fighting is the answer to anything. Shigeo didn't want to use his powers much anyway, but Reigan played a big part in making Shigeo who he is now. I really liked how they pushed forward the notion that having psychic powers makes you no better than someone who is good at studying or good at sports. And it applies to everything. It goes against what we see in many animes where the main character has nothing good about him/her except for some power or whatever and that's enough to make him/her special. Shigeo wants to be popular but he isn't using his powers to achieve that because that's not what makes you popular or special. They also trash the idea of world domination by an organization of power wielders or whatever who are rejected by society or something and dismiss it as a child's dream who hasn't even seen the world or know about it enough. They give a different view of many things seen typically in other shows.

The relationship between Shigeo and Ritsu was also shown quite nicely. Both brothers look up to each other in the end. They look up to each other as ideals and want to become like them despite coming off as opposites to everyone who sees them. And Shigeo really cares about Ritsu which is shown by how he bows down in apology to all those goons in that alley and how he goes on to apologize to the school punk too. Lol how Shigeo passed out immediately after Ritsu said that he's the strongest.

Mob Psycho 100 had a lot of stuff to show and it showed it all brilliantly. I had expectations from it because it was from the mangaka of OPM (which was outstanding) and because of Bones, and this surpassed my expectations. It really outdid itself. The story was amazing, the characters brilliant, the animation was superb, the character designs aren't exactly visually appealing but it's really a minor thing. This show was brilliant and I'll be waiting for a sequel.

Sep 27, 2016 7:13 AM

The first part of the episode was good. The second part after the battle was clichè and sunk the quality of the anime.

Overall 7/10 anime. Nothing special, has some good parts in it.
"Ouvis? Falai vós cortês! Vós, fidalgo, cuidareis que estais na vossa pousada? Dar-vos-ei tanta pancada com um remo que renegueis!" Auto da Barca do Inferno, Gil Vicente

Ignorância gera violência, nela nunca procurei abrigo
Cultivo a paz pela subsistência da existência deste universo onde resido.
Se estás a um passo do abismo pensa bem,
Não queiras para os outros o que não queres para ti também.
Sala 101 - Dealema

Sep 27, 2016 7:54 AM
Wow. Master is so freaking amazing...he could have easily gone to the acting business.
Overall , the series proved to be one of the most unexpected bonanza this season. Good to go in the race for AOTS.

Sep 27, 2016 10:37 AM

Reigen was awesome. I didn't expect that. It would be great if he gets powers for real.

Sep 27, 2016 11:06 AM

I should've seen it coming, but with all that build up tension and cliffhanger I didn't notice... damn that was anti-climatic regarding Mob. Still I really liked Reigen being badass, but psycho Mob is psycho Mob. Hope it gets a season 2.

Sep 27, 2016 11:27 AM

I really hope to see a season 2 announcement soon. This was an extremely well done adaption, even if some stuff was left out (nothing important though).

Sep 27, 2016 11:50 AM

I swear I was 100% sure I've seen mob with 24 episodes and not 12 ;-;

Sep 27, 2016 1:22 PM

And here, I thought Reigen have his own power...turns out it's Mob's power.
Anyway, he sure is cool this episode, still a joke character.
Didn't expect the division leader to be a guy...haha
New shit is coming to town...
Overall, 7/10...only if Mob grows up, it will be much more fun.

Sep 27, 2016 4:22 PM
nice finale, i knew Mob transferred his power somehow to Reigen so i did get surprised when it was explained, time to read the manga of this

Sep 27, 2016 7:10 PM

so how good is this anime?
I've already add this on my list, is it tells a great story? not just the animation is the attraction?

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful

Sep 27, 2016 9:32 PM
Fabio-s said:
The first part of the episode was good. The second part after the battle was clichè and sunk the quality of the anime.

Overall 7/10 anime. Nothing special, has some good parts in it.

Exactly! It's so clichè. Some of the episodes were pretty funny nothing else
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 28, 2016 12:35 AM

In2TheBlu said:
This episode in a nutshell.

Reigen haters, how do you feel now?

Honestly, this is the best anime of the season. Bones did a wonderful job at adapting the manga. I pity those who dropped it because of the art not being 'aesthetic'. Overall 10/10
Wait, Reigen haters are actually a thing?! xD
No seriously.

Sep 28, 2016 12:37 AM

Yeah, Reigen haters actually exists. =3=

“The dreams and ideals we believe in, seem they might just fall apart if we take our eyes off them.”

Sep 28, 2016 1:30 AM

Tbh, the last episode was kinda anti-climatic to me, I was hoping to turn my brain off and just watch Mob rage out and bust everyone's ass, instead, it gave me the 100% gratitude scene and Reigen life lesson lectures, not what I'm (and some ppl here) expected but it turns out to be good, the art was beautiful, and the music in the gratitude scene really makes you gratitude reigen's character

Season 2? :D

thebrentinator24 said:
I guess I'll try to get this point across one last time, but at this point it's probably a waste of my time.

People really need to stop bringing up OPM. Just watch this show and enjoy it for what it is, instead of watching and thinking "oh this show does [this, this, and this] way better than OPM. OPM this, OPM that, OPM OPM OPM." Let the show build its own identity and appreciate it for what it does for itself, rather than constantly bringing up the pointless comparisons about what it does better or worse than OPM all the time. Maybe, just maybe, the reason why Mob does certain things better than OPM is because they're 2 completely different stories that are trying to do completely different things. It's a damn shame that this show will probably remain in OPM's shadow because so many people feel the need to mention it and compare it to this show whenever they get the chance.

I second this m8, but sadly ppl still mentioning OPM here :'(
I wonder did they compare Bakuman to Deathnote back when it was airing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
マジ 殴り

Sep 28, 2016 2:35 AM

GOD I love that Reigen badass scenes in this ep! It does took me by surprise,
I thought he awakened his psychic powers or immune to psychic powers or something.
Now I can't stop myself from repeating dem scenes over and over again! .....Help?

9/10 Overall.
I thought this will be ghostbuster-like anime at first, they really proved me wrong episodes after episodes. lol
ONE sure knows how to make a good action story, now if only he can draw them well too...

Sep 28, 2016 2:58 AM
thebrentinator24 said:
I guess I'll try to get this point across one last time, but at this point it's probably a waste of my time.

People really need to stop bringing up OPM. Just watch this show and enjoy it for what it is, instead of watching and thinking "oh this show does [this, this, and this] way better than OPM. OPM this, OPM that, OPM OPM OPM." Let the show build its own identity and appreciate it for what it does for itself, rather than constantly bringing up the pointless comparisons about what it does better or worse than OPM all the time. Maybe, just maybe, the reason why Mob does certain things better than OPM is because they're 2 completely different stories that are trying to do completely different things. It's a damn shame that this show will probably remain in OPM's shadow because so many people feel the need to mention it and compare it to this show whenever they get the chance.
the show just finished airing, and this is a Mob 100 subforumn, what did you expected ?

I mean when OPM was still airing, people were saying "OPM is better than AoT", or "OPM deserves its hype unlike AoT"

Sep 28, 2016 7:31 AM

That 1000% power up from 100% Gratitude was so damn awesome! Reigen not only toyed with their powers like it was nothing, he even managed to convince the other ones to give up. Mob could've used more action in this last ep though.

The 7th Division was so badass at first yet they got their asses handed to them humiliatingly. That gas mask loli was an old midget... ~_~

They showed the whole supporting cast in the last episode~ I appreciate that kind of thing in anime.

The Claw boss' dialogue makes me think that there'll be a second season in the near future.

Reigen and Mob went in a Matsutake mushroom hunt. I'll miss them. I guess that I should start reading the manga soon :3

Sep 28, 2016 10:24 AM

Disappointing ending to the final arc of the series, was not expecting Mob to wipe the floor with the gang, but the author really didn't care much about power level and consistency. Remember the "adult esper" who was kicking Mob's ass in his awakened form? That guy got trashed by a normal Mob easily later in the arc. It was cheap to try to build up the suspense by giving a false sense of urgency, only to make a joke out of those Claw dudes. I am also not a fan of Shigeo suddenly spouting crap like "why do I have to fight a woman" after he beat her up, it came out of nowhere, and in the middle of the action.

Still, gotta praise the action scene, it's pure adrenaline, even though it mostly consists of one party doing some cool stuff while fodderizing the other party. Props to Bones for animating those scenes so beautifully.

As for the story & character departments, I like what the author was going for, for character development, but I didn't like how it went down, and how it got resolved, it was a generic way of resolving the conflict between the brothers, and they didn't even really show much of the actual moments when the conflict got resolved, not much interaction between the brothers were shown after they met each other again. Don't expect the viewers to put together the pieces, even though our brain is capable of automatically putting the pieces together and form our own version of conclusion. The character interaction though was really fun to watch.

All that said, the next arc seems hype. Hopefully there's a second season.

P.S. I thought Nano sang the opening song, it sounded much like her.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Sep 28, 2016 10:26 AM

Loved it!!! Fun anime, will definitely watch more.

8/10

Sep 28, 2016 12:55 PM

This would have been fine as a penultimate episode instead of the season finale.

I would have appreciated it more if Mob was the one doing the ass whooping..

Hopefully they'll renew it for a second season

Sep 28, 2016 1:22 PM
I love this thing:

" reigen/10 "

It was a great show and I'm already reading the manga from the beggining. There are lots of dialogs lost in the animated version!

Sep 29, 2016 8:07 AM

Reigen with psychic powers is definitely more entertaining than Mob, interesting and awesome finale.
~

Sep 29, 2016 8:21 AM

REIGEN/10

This anime easily becomes aots for me, nice animation, soundtrack, story, most of all Reigen's character is pretty much the best :> eventho my favorite chara is Dimple & Teru

"Man - a being in search of meaning.." - Plato Seven Knights Mobile Game

Sep 29, 2016 9:38 AM

This anime was surely one of the best shows for Summer Season this year.
So because of that I'll rate this anime an 8 out of 10 score overall.
If they are gonna make a second season. I'm surely gonna watch it.
Haters always gonna hate.

Sep 29, 2016 2:01 PM
I love Reign going ham in that episode, it reminds me of that one scene in cory in the house

Sep 29, 2016 2:32 PM
WHAT THE FUCK is even going on? Like... What?

OOOHHHH They even explained it.

A bit disappointing that we didn't get another fight with Shigeo though. Really would have liked to see him lose it one more time. Well. It was fine this way, too. At least they have an explanation for Reigen suddenly being able to see spirits and the likes.

Sep 29, 2016 6:23 PM

mob psycho 100>one punch man
I'm from a much higher place than you and I've seen the truth of this world, this universe and all the things in it.

Sep 29, 2016 9:55 PM

A great ending episode to a great anime. Reigen was awesome! I loved how he talked some sense into those Claw members. Overall, one of the best anime this season. It had a likable cast, especially Reigen, a unique art style that I grew to appreciate a lot, great action scenes, and of course, lovely character development. In particular, Mob's and Ritsu's development was amazing. I would love to see a second season eventually~
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport

Sep 29, 2016 10:19 PM

Loved the shit out of this one much like OPM, it's not right imo to compare it to OPM at all since their both really different. 9/10, and now that we got a OPM season 2 coming, hoping a year from now maybe news for a second season of this one as well!

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"

Sep 29, 2016 11:01 PM
That /had/ to have been setting up for a second season right? Even if this episode felt a bit anticlimactic, I absolutely love(d) this show, and can't wait if/when another season happens. 10/10 for me.

Sep 30, 2016 8:10 AM

Reigen is ten times cockier with Mob's 1000% powers passed onto him but I still like that guy.

I'm so happy Onigawara and Mob are both in the Body Improvement Club. LOL at Mob passing out while running. I love that guy but I couldn't help but laugh at that part.

I love Mob and Ritsu's parents. They have such a "meh" reaction to their kids' psychic abilities.

Season 2 please.
There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards.

Sep 30, 2016 9:02 AM

Another cliff hanger that turns into something totally fluffy!! Although I prefer it this way :P. Very good episode. Reigen lecturing but this time with actual power was fun to see. Claw demolished, mob's life slowly goes back to normal. The finale wasn't explosive as I hoped it would be, but satisfactory nonetheless. The animation was great as usual. Yutaka Nakamura's cut was the highlight, but still very much like his OPM finale cut. (How much did he like his opm cut, really?) Overall the series was a very good watch. Good character growth, A+ animation, nice OST. Overall rating - 7/7.5 - sequel want!
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.

Sep 30, 2016 9:14 AM

Im actually sad Mob didn't handle the fight, it would've been so epic. At the end of the 11th episode I was like, o shit, Mob is getting serious next episode.

But I guess It's more hillarious this way
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 30, 2016 5:18 PM

Impressive show. Enjoyed it more than One-Punch Man. Great job by Bones. Bones has done a great job this year in general. Here's hoping for another season of Mob Psycho!

It was so much fun seeing Reigen kick some ass in this episode.

Sep 30, 2016 10:59 PM

This was AMAZING!!! The whole anime was amazing. It became one of my all time favourites.
Reigen was so badass!!! Everything he said was pure gold for me XD
This deserves a second season so bad!

Oct 1, 2016 2:20 AM

Great anime with great characters (especially Reigen).
Has to be my favourite this season.

8.5/10
Modified by Xazo36, Oct 1, 2016 2:25 AM

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »