Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Mob Psycho 100 Episode 12 Discussion

Sep 26, 2016 2:49 PM

Thank goodness. I'm so happy that Reigen's fine. I dislike cliffhangers like that when it comes to one of the characters I like (then again, I like many of the characters here). I also really love how awesome they made him look these past two episodes.

And also a sort of happy ending (in another cliffhanger-like way). I didn't expect that, but that's good! Hopefully everyone will continue to be fine, or at least everyone that I care about.

I'll give this an 8, like I gave One Punch Man. Very much enjoyed this one, as well.

Sep 26, 2016 2:51 PM

wow this was epic! in its own ways :D
Reigen ftw.
Im gonna miss the opening.

This perfect finale just pushed it to a 8/10 for me.
I really hope it gets a second season. Screw OMP2. This needs another season!
Modified by Comander-07, Sep 26, 2016 2:56 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

Sep 26, 2016 2:54 PM

Brilliant finale. Added Reigen to my favorite characters.

Sep 26, 2016 2:59 PM

I really loved the ending. I'm really hoping for a second season.
Reigen was badass in this episode. But, boi that like ginger boy is getting on my nerves. Idk want he want but, imma fight him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 26, 2016 3:09 PM

Great finale to a great series. Loved how boss Reigen was.

Also, lol soap bubbles.

8/10
I need sleep.

Sep 26, 2016 3:19 PM
Probably has been said before but that addition to Reigen was BADASS.

Even if it was a powerup given to him, not only did his youknowwhat make him seem badass but the dialogue he offered was top notch - never expected that to happen at all. Great finale to a very enjoyable show. It had some flaws but most of them were mere nitpicks for me (some of the dialogue early on seemed very outdated) but even at that, some of the dialogue paid off but some of it you could tell was outdated as i've said.

I doubt it would happen but i'd love to see a second season or if they didn't do a second season i'd be fine with just reading the webcomic due to how much seriousness is pinned towards it by ONE in comparison to how much effort he would put into OPM.

Couldn't ask for more when it comes to Mob Psycho. Animation was fantastic, character building was surprising, sub characters were better than I would have originally thought, main ost was orgasmic, and the list goes on.

NEED MORE PLS BONES

Also, I did feel the final arc (Claws Organisation) was really meh but the final two eps had their moments, especially with the moment between Mob and Reigen which I shouldn't spoil as it's so nice, and with the final fight which was decent. early in the arc it was pretty meh but since most of this series was very enjoyable i'll let it slide

Did I mention how I need more? Don't let us down, Bones.
P.s. actually haven't seen how the sales have been doing but then again sales don't determine what gets a sequel to an extent so here's hoping, no matter how shitty the sales were, that Mob will get a continuation of some sort.

Sep 26, 2016 3:20 PM

thebrentinator24 said:
I guess I'll try to get this point across one last time, but at this point it's probably a waste of my time.

People really need to stop bringing up OPM. Just watch this show and enjoy it for what it is, instead of watching and thinking "oh this show does [this, this, and this] way better than OPM. OPM this, OPM that, OPM OPM OPM."

but...but special snowflakes need to keep bringing how they dont like OPM

glad to see MOB getting such a high score in the end, it started below 8 ...

Sep 26, 2016 3:24 PM

Fantastic finish! 9/10 for me. Can't wait for the 2nd Season.

The Claw "trainee" was actually an upperman, and the son of the Boss. Holy shit... :D He is very strong.

Sep 26, 2016 3:26 PM
[quote=juicykitten95 message=47927229]
thebrentinator24 said:
I guess I'll try to get this point across one last time, but at this point it's probably a waste of my time.

People really need to stop bringing up OPM. Just watch this show and enjoy it for what it is, instead of watching and thinking "oh this show does [this, this, and this] way better than OPM. OPM this, OPM that, OPM OPM OPM."

but...but special snowflakes need to keep bringing how they dont like OPM

Tbh since its pretty much the same writer, for comparisons to be made is expected.
OPM wasn't great, was definitely enjoyable, but wasn't great whatsoever. I do feel drained out that people mention opm every single time but thats totally expected and I don't mind it at all

In response to such a highly noted series, Mob was definitely better than OPM but imo i cannot be more hyped to see garou getting animated and I have had more hype especially towards him alone than the whole of Mob Psycho - which is pretty irrelevant in of itself but fucking fight me bitch.

I do wish people would leave these series' seperate but it is what it is unfortunately.

EDIT: I'm rather drunk so please excuse my poor MAL skills in the fact that a quote never processed correctly.

Sep 26, 2016 3:27 PM
Awww MAN!! Can't believe the first season is over!! But at least it was a good ride to the finale. Even though Reigen is a shitty character he was at least cool in this final episode. Here's hoping for a second season to come out faster!!

Sep 26, 2016 3:28 PM
Zephy-SB said:
Awww MAN!! Can't believe the first season is over!! But at least it was a good ride to the finale. Even though Reigen is a shitty character he was at least cool in this final episode. Here's hoping for a second season to come out faster!!

Reigen was the SHIT. throughout he was very fun to watch through despite his lack of screentime.

Sep 26, 2016 3:30 PM

I literally marathoned this entire series straight through. Glad my sibling showed me it. I loved all the characters, especially Mob. Can't wait for season 2.

Sep 26, 2016 3:34 PM

OHH!!! Fantastic finale episode. Most of us were expecting Mob to go 100%, but Reigen going 1000% was so freaking awesome. Didn't see that coming. The best Master & Mentor to Mob. What an amazing person.

Totally owned all of Scar. Really liked his speech about coming back down to reality.
Well Ishiguro was an old man in the end. Fooled me there.

DAMN Shou is powerful. Would love to see more of him in the future.
LOL Ekubo made it out, but everything was taken care of.

Nice of Ritsu & the Student President to apologize to Onigawara.
Body Improvement Club for the win. Love those guys.
Teru training those amateur espers. Interesting to see what they are capable of in the future.
Nice little epilogue at the end. Mob & Reigen are the BEST.

A fantastic & excellent series. Massive congratulations to Studio Bones & everyone involved in the production of this anime. You have all done a splendid job. They have done a superb job with the anime they have been given this year.

Congrats to ONE for creating another awesome & enjoyable series.

Great characters & the amount of detail on the reaction faces has been delightful & hilarious to see.
Wonderful art & animation & just love how they used ONE’s original art style & just went crazy with it.

Some of the best if not the best art & animation I've seen from any anime this year.
Sad it’s over, but hopefully we get a Season 02 because this 100% deserves one.

Overall this gets a 9/10.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 26, 2016 3:35 PM

BEST MOMENT IN THE ANIME

100% Gratitude is so significant for being the culmination of Mob's and Reigen's relationship (it's right there in the title) and also for being Mob's first positive explosion.

All of the explosions we have seen so far prior to Gratitude were all pretty negative so to have the last one being positive made for a great finale.

They really made Reigen 1000% even greater than it already was in the manga. I also loved the music during those times. (I REALLY WANT THE ENTIRE SOUNDTRACK IT'S SO GOOD)

Crossing my fingers for a Season 2 because best arcs haven't been animated yet.

...also for those who hated this episode just because 100% Murderous intent didn't happen

Sep 26, 2016 3:36 PM

I put this right up there with Re:Zero as my personal AOTY, like it was flawless in execution. Loved everything about this last episode including Reigen being the one to pwn the 7th division with Mob's powers. Reigen is the best master character ever. Can't wait for the 2nd season.

Sep 26, 2016 3:39 PM

Fai said:
Self preservation is the primary instinct of a human being.
The "superhero" culture glorifies the messianic self-sacrifice, but in real world, valuing others more than yourself is nothing but self-destructive. There's absolutely nothing wrong passing away self-sacrifice and responsibility. Its not something one has to accept all the time. If you save everyone, you never save yourself.

"protecting everyone" is only mature in a shonen. Not in reality. And this show is all about maturing

Mob's unwillingness to fight wasn't about self-preservation, though (???% is his ultimate self-preservation mode): it was rooted in his unwillingness to hurt others. If anything, the problem is that he values himself too little and others too much! The problem isn't that Mob isn't willing to help others: he most certainly is. But he doesn't want to dirty his hands in order to do so, and sometimes you need to.

As you put it, Mob passes away responsibility, thus rejecting the idea that "with great power comes great responsibility", and I think that's problematic. To be sure, Mob is only a child, and it is completely understandable that he doesn't fully embrace his powers because they're dangerous and don't help him attain his personal goals (popularity, being a good person, etc.). But I think Mob's current attitude towards his powers is neither healthy nor virtuous, and that makes it hard for me to really like 100% Gratitude, which is an expression of that attitude.

Edit: I might have liked it more if it would have been executed differently, though. Now, it feels more funny than intense, more like cartoonish comedic relief than a dramatic emotional peak, and I think Mob Psycho is at its best in the latter kinds of moments.
Modified by Animosh91, Sep 26, 2016 3:48 PM

Sep 26, 2016 3:46 PM

While I liked Mob Psycho as a whole, I don't know what to think about the last episode. I was really hoping they wouldn't play Reigen's 'injury' as a joke, but we saw Reigen being the boss he is. Still think he shined more in the previous episode(kinda because I was butthurt because he stood up immediately at the beginning of the episode but whatever). Needless to say, this was my AotS.

Really liked the style of the show, and hope we get a second season in the future.

Sep 26, 2016 3:46 PM
Animosh91 said:
Fai said:
Self preservation is the primary instinct of a human being.
The "superhero" culture glorifies the messianic self-sacrifice, but in real world, valuing others more than yourself is nothing but self-destructive. There's absolutely nothing wrong passing away self-sacrifice and responsibility. Its not something one has to accept all the time. If you save everyone, you never save yourself.

"protecting everyone" is only mature in a shonen. Not in reality. And this show is all about maturing

But I think Mob's current attitude towards his powers is neither healthy nor virtuous, and that makes it hard for me to really like 100% Gratitude, which is an expression of that attitude.

Personally I feel the 100%, as hype as was, was getting used quite abit. it obviously made sense, but I have a bad feeling it would get overused very easily, and I felt this within 11 episodes, which is my only actual problem with the series.

Sep 26, 2016 3:54 PM
went in a completely different direction then i thought it would but i loved it.
been a while since i watched an anime series and waked away happy with the ending

Sep 26, 2016 4:01 PM

SailorGappy said:
Personally I feel the 100%, as hype as was, was getting used quite abit. it obviously made sense, but I have a bad feeling it would get overused very easily, and I felt this within 11 episodes, which is my only actual problem with the series.

Yeah, they were kind of overused, especially in the Scar arc: hostility, rejection and gratitude in a couple of episodes was a bit much, and that reduced their impact. The explosions started feeling normal, predictable even, instead of as exceptional events. I do think they mostly worked well, though. As long as you don't focus too much on the hype as opposed to what the explosions represent, I think they're fairly effective.

Sep 26, 2016 4:09 PM

A good ending to an awesome series. Not much original story in this show, but the style is awesome.

Sep 26, 2016 4:10 PM

Remember guys, at the end of the day we are just commoners

Reigen is GOAT nuff said

Mob Psycho 100 gets an easy 1000/10 from me
Modified by terminador_2397, Sep 26, 2016 4:17 PM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 26, 2016 4:10 PM
Animosh91 said:
SailorGappy said:

Yeah, they were kind of overused, especially in the Scar arc: hostility, rejection and gratitude in a couple of episodes was a bit much, and that reduced their impact. The explosions started feeling normal, predictable even, instead of as exceptional events. I do think they mostly worked well, though. As long as you don't focus too much on the hype as opposed to what the explosions represent, I think they're fairly effective.

I mean the ??? was really nice but it really does feel really shonen-y at times but the animation makes up for it. If there is ever a s2 i hope ONE steps his game up when it comes to "holy shit breaking point transformations" because the whole 100% could get old VERY easily. I enjoyed those moments nonetheless but a bit of change would definitely do nicely.

Sep 26, 2016 4:15 PM
Do keep in mind, this was definitely a learning experience for Mob.

He couldn't see anyway beyond fighting to settle things, while reigen didn't fight, he simply defended himself while utterly deconstructing his opponents world views and taught Mob a very valuable lesson that will be echo'd much later once he matures a bit more himself.

Of course Reigen isn't perfect either. He's far too nice of a person to handle people that simply will not budge no matter what, and it does bite them both in the ass eventually, but is also a valuable learning experience.

Sep 26, 2016 4:18 PM

Definitely AOT of the season, solid anime.
BTW ONE himself animated last scene.

thebrentinator24 said:

People really need to stop bringing up OPM. Just watch this show and enjoy it for what it is, instead of watching and thinking "oh this show does [this, this, and this] way better than OPM. OPM this, OPM that, OPM OPM OPM." Let the show build its own identity and appreciate it for what it does for itself, rather than constantly bringing up the pointless comparisons about what it does better or worse than OPM all the time. Maybe, just maybe, the reason why Mob does certain things better than OPM is because they're 2 completely different stories that are trying to do completely different things. It's a damn shame that this show will probably remain in OPM's shadow because so many people feel the need to mention it and compare it to this show whenever they get the chance.

+1

Sep 26, 2016 4:40 PM

SailorGappy said:
Animosh91 said:

I mean the ??? was really nice but it really does feel really shonen-y at times but the animation makes up for it. If there is ever a s2 i hope ONE steps his game up when it comes to "holy shit breaking point transformations" because the whole 100% could get old VERY easily. I enjoyed those moments nonetheless but a bit of change would definitely do nicely.

The only other time MP100 starts getting shonen-y is when

Unlike regular shonen though Mob never manages to access the ???% power like some new super saiyan transformation
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."

Sep 26, 2016 4:49 PM

Great anime and story and awesome characters
9/10

Sep 26, 2016 5:11 PM

Well that wasn't what I was expecting given the last episode, but what they did was pretty great. I did find it to be a bit odd that Mob would go 100% full beastmode against people he could beat without losing it, so this ending makes a lot more sense. Perfectly sets up the next season and ties up a lot of loose ends.

9/10 for the anime, and probably AOTS (though I still need to catch up on a lot). I think I like this better than OPM. Mob's more interesting, the story is more interesting and the fights have more tension due to Mob not being 100% untouchable. Great watch.
Modified by EternalSerenity, Sep 26, 2016 5:18 PM

Sep 26, 2016 5:17 PM
Fred457 said:
SailorGappy said:

The only other time MP100 starts getting shonen-y is when

Unlike regular shonen though Mob never manages to access the ???% power like some new super saiyan transformation

I didn't quite mean it like that, moreso that it just feels a little cheap. Most of his "100%"s are rather enjoyable but i'm just worried incase they get rather overused. Since it seems like you read the webcomic, does it actually stay good? (as in his transformation to 100%) and does it overall stay consistently well done? I can tell from what you are saying that one fight in particular is the best fight but from the anime it honestly seems hard to beat tera vs mob. the fight in of itself is excellent; just everything from animation to characterisation just is all on point and is written fantastically.

Sep 26, 2016 5:22 PM

I was hoping Mob would go crazy but Reigen made up for it. lol overall thought the series was enjoyable, props to Bones. 8/10

Sep 26, 2016 5:27 PM

great finale, lots of reigen being badass. it wrapped things up nicely but still left the claw thing a bit open ended for a possible season 2

Sep 26, 2016 5:30 PM
The WHOLE POINT of the show was for mob to NOT go psycho and kill everyone. If he did the past 11 episodes would be meaningless, light-show fodder (like every popular shounen is).

Sep 26, 2016 5:31 PM

Everyone called Reigen scum in episode 1 but he's been my favourite all along (now added to my favourite characters on MAL). My AOTS and possibly AOTY depending on the Fall Season.

9.5/10

Sep 26, 2016 5:32 PM
WTH?!?! I am so disappointed with episode 12, I can't even put it into words. I sure hope they get of that so-called "Master"

Sep 26, 2016 5:45 PM

Decent finale. It made me like Reigen slightly more but I still dislike him. Especially with the comedy in that last scene *yawn

Sep 26, 2016 6:07 PM

SailorGappy said:

I didn't quite mean it like that, moreso that it just feels a little cheap. Most of his "100%"s are rather enjoyable but i'm just worried incase they get rather overused. Since it seems like you read the webcomic, does it actually stay good? (as in his transformation to 100%) and does it overall stay consistently well done? I can tell from what you are saying that one fight in particular is the best fight but from the anime it honestly seems hard to beat tera vs mob. the fight in of itself is excellent; just everything from animation to characterisation just is all on point and is written fantastically.

May I answer your question?

Actually we don't have "Rejection" in manga version. I don't uderstand why Bones added that emotion onto ep 10. That might be the reason why you feel it's "too much" while Mob supposed to explode only on ep 8 and 12. According to manga after this arc there's very few times when mob reach 100% (less frequently than season 1, I don't want to spoil tho) but I bet Bones will add some more because everyone surely want to see it. So yes, if they stay true to ONE's story, 100% always be something excited to looking for, but if they decide to overused it then... it can't be help.

Sep 26, 2016 6:29 PM

Of the non-sequel and non-leftover anime this season, this is definitely my favorite. Aside from the visuals, the story is surprisingly deep and well-told, the characters are great, and its an anime that never made me bored while watching it.

9/10

Sep 26, 2016 6:44 PM

SailorGappy said:

The webcomic after this goes into around 20 chapters of side stories before tying back into the Claw arc. They're pretty good but Reigen's character arc and the Mogami arc are particularly great. 100% never lost its luster other than that one point where 100% friendship happens but there are a lot more battles from other people
That one fight is great not just in how well drawn it was (especially by ONE), but also showed how much Mob has grown. Having seen Reigen's example as well as what he learned from Mogami, you get the feeling that Mob is trying more to understand than to fight.
Modified by Aure0lin, Sep 26, 2016 6:52 PM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."

Sep 26, 2016 6:50 PM

This was such a good ending for me, I wasn't really into the show the first few episode but I'm glad I continued on watching, I really enjoyed the series and I was really satisfied with that ending. Reigan was hilarious, hopefully there'll be a second season.

Sep 26, 2016 6:53 PM

Reigen you mother fucking piece of pure awesomeness!!
Reigen Psycho 1000 when?? this show is just pure joy watching and one hell of a rollercoaster ride.. looking forward to season 2!! 9/10

Sep 26, 2016 7:20 PM

FoldedCorner said:
The WHOLE POINT of the show was for mob to NOT go psycho and kill everyone. If he did the past 11 episodes would be meaningless, light-show fodder (like every popular shounen is).

Exactly, unfortunately some don't understand that.

“The dreams and ideals we believe in, seem they might just fall apart if we take our eyes off them.”

Sep 26, 2016 7:33 PM

I liked this show more than I thought I would. The last episodes were so good. The animation and characters were great too. 9/10

Sep 26, 2016 8:04 PM

The whole lecture thing at the start does fit the series in that Mob is trying to control himself and whatnot. I really liked that. But frankly, the way they set everything up was disappointing.

They built this crazy hype in the previous episode, making me think we were going to have an explosive episode full of awesomeness... just to undo everything by bringing Reigen back with Mob's powers without proper foreshadowing and delivering something else entirely. Not that I think he should have died per se, but that cliffhanger was too misleading.

Reigen was really cool, great interaction... but we could have done without such a lame asspull if only they had done a better job foreshadowing this whole power transfer thing and not ended ep 11 on such a misleading cliffhanger. Given everything that happened this episode, it would have been far better if Reigen had gotten hit in the middle of the episode.

Sep 26, 2016 9:22 PM
They did......though the anime did write it off as a anime original 100% instead of The Beast lashing out and shoving Mutou's power back down his throat plus some of Mob's own. (also we already knew that Mob could drain powers, it's not out of the realm of possibility he could also reverse it and grant them instead)

This is what happens when that phenomena is powered by positive emotions instead of blind hostility and survival instincts.

And...THIS was the foreshadowing moment that becomes important later.

Sep 26, 2016 9:26 PM

Extremely cool final episode!
I really didn't expect that twist! or not even did I had an idea that Mob's powers can be transferred to some commoner by tenfold! DAMN!
Reigen is the most badass character I've seen this current season (which is ending of course)
The sheer RAW power of Mob's 1000% is unimaginably strong!
Reigen literally dragged them out of their delusions and back to reality by force! was EPIC!
LOL at Teruki "Your master's amazing!"! he's really impressed!
Who the hell is Shou!? he easily defeated Division 7's leader!
as for Matsuo, I expected Ekubo would show-up again and be back. predictable.
2nd part is everything is back to normal and peaceful again!
5/5!
10/10!

Sep 26, 2016 9:31 PM

Omfg Reigen what a bad@ss omg
Season 2 Please! !!!!!

Sep 26, 2016 11:12 PM

Not what I expected from last episode preview, but an amazing episode nonetheless! The characterization, to the themes, down to the vibrant artsystle clearly distinguishes this show from others this year. I still enjoy OPM and this equally for different reasons, but this was a nice experience and I can't wait for some annoucment regarding a season 2 :D 9/10

Sep 26, 2016 11:20 PM

Interesting episode with all those villians. Finally mob psycho is an anime that got better with each episode and have awsome special effects and battles. I expected to watch Mob fighting but out of that was very good. The final scene is kind of weird.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 27, 2016 12:03 AM
I enjoyed the season finale and the series overall . Mobs powers moving to Reigen was a spin I did not see coming , I expected the episode to start with a mob explosion scene .
At the beginning of the series I wasn't a very big Reigen fan , but over the last few episodes i grew to like him .

Sep 27, 2016 12:39 AM

oh god that was so fucking epic where's my second season?

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »