Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 9, 2019 7:54 AM

May 2018
As someone who is 16 volumes in (S1 stopped somewhere in the middle of volume 7), all I can say is that the overall story will result in absolute nothingness.
I do enjoy reading OPM at this point still, but with that atrocious pacing the manga is going at, it is really hard not getting pissed off at times.
Jokes are still good here and there, the new villain is ok, but compared to S1 there's just nothing that could raise the stakes anymore.
I'll foresee that the ratings here will be much higher than for S1 (as always) even with all that in mind.

Honestly, OPM should've ended with the Boros fight because it made the point of the story pretty much clear that nothing in existence can deal with Saitama.

In short: It will not be bad but it'll definitely be (slightly) below the first season. Story and comedy-wise.

Mar 9, 2019 4:31 PM
May 2017
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
The story will just be fine if they didn't put anime-only filler story into the season, the only problem here is it may will ended at cliffhanger because the second arc of season 2 will be the longest arc of OPM (This arc need at least 2 seasons in 24 episodes format to finish it.

Eh, Season 2 will probably only be 12 episodes, and end with the battle in the woods. So either they'll split the remaining arc into 3 12 episode seasons, or wait longer to do a 36 episode Season 3.
Mar 9, 2019 4:39 PM
May 2017
Schmand said:

After such an omnipotent being like boros, and also by far the only one that somewhat came close to Saitamas level died, there's just no real "threat" anymore. Boros came too early in the series and now ONE tries to somehow span the chapters with side characters and involve saitama as little as possible in the battles, to obviously make them more interesting. That is the problem with OP characters, even in a parody.

Ah, so the tension is ruined for you because Saitama has been proven to be pretty much invincible, and you wish the series had progressive threat escalation ending with Boros? Pretty sure that would have been extremely repetitive, people even complained the story before Sea King was boring because it was just Saitama one punching.
Mar 9, 2019 4:40 PM
May 2017
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Weren't Murata is the one who trying to slow down the story in the manga?

Nah, ONE writes the story directly for the manga, even the manga original stuff, Murata is just the artist.
Mar 17, 2019 3:29 AM
Mar 2018
What's with all the anxiety? You weren't expecting much from the first season, so why should the second just be bad? And asking anyone for how something will be is stupid, because you neither can now the future, nor is your definition of "good" like that of anyone elses. Just wait and watch, it's not so that you die if it isn't good or anything...
Mar 18, 2019 4:40 AM

Jul 2016
DonTrumpolino said:
What's with all the anxiety? You weren't expecting much from the first season, so why should the second just be bad?

Because the story OPM2 will gonna adapt was the longest arc in this series so far and most likely will ended at cliffhanger?
Mar 18, 2019 10:25 AM
Mar 2018
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Because the story OPM2 will gonna adapt was the longest arc in this series so far and most likely will ended at cliffhanger?

Well, but they can add and remove portions from the source material and have done so before. A couple of fights in the anime didn't happen in the manga. So, there will be probably the same pace as before. So far another studio working on a series does not mean the end of it (well, maybe if the series is too old, like Berserk or Fist Of the Northstar)
Mar 18, 2019 2:44 PM
Apr 2018
hot take: opm was never a parody and got so much better after the boros arc
Mar 18, 2019 5:05 PM

Mar 2018
tribopower said:
Season 2 if done correctly (and cmon guys is GodHouse we are talking about)
its away better than season 1 , just because they focus alot more in the side characters some of the episode you will not feel that saitama is the main character because of the amount of shine some others characters will have , the manga doesn't have to much countent to adapt for season 2 altough if they forget about the manga and go for the web comic there is easilly enough countent for even a season 3 , they just need to fully adapt the K Arc , F Arc , T Arc and G arc and season 2 Will blow season 1 easilly.

It's actually being done by a different studio than the first season. Madhouse did season one, J.C. Staff is doing this season. It's why a lot of people are worried about the possibility of poor quality.
Mar 18, 2019 5:57 PM
Jul 2016
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
DonTrumpolino said:
What's with all the anxiety? You weren't expecting much from the first season, so why should the second just be bad?

ONE didn't even end the arc so expect cliffhanger without thinking...
Mar 18, 2019 5:59 PM
Jul 2016
Jaces_Sanctum said:
tribopower said:
Season 2 if done correctly (and cmon guys is GodHouse we are talking about)
its away better than season 1 , just because they focus alot more in the side characters some of the episode you will not feel that saitama is the main character because of the amount of shine some others characters will have , the manga doesn't have to much countent to adapt for season 2 altough if they forget about the manga and go for the web comic there is easilly enough countent for even a season 3 , they just need to fully adapt the K Arc , F Arc , T Arc and G arc and season 2 Will blow season 1 easilly.

It's actually being done by a different studio than the first season. Madhouse did season one, J.C. Staff is doing this season. It's why a lot of people are worried about the possibility of poor quality.

it doesn't really matter because Madhouse was going to ruin it too if they handled S2
Mar 18, 2019 6:31 PM

Mar 2018
todd2580 said:
Jaces_Sanctum said:

it doesn't really matter because Madhouse was going to ruin it too if they handled S2

I honestly doubt it. What make you think that?
Mar 18, 2019 6:40 PM
Jul 2016
Jaces_Sanctum said:
todd2580 said:

OverLord S2 And Bogiebob and others (it's by the director of S1 with the same main writer)
Mar 18, 2019 6:48 PM

Mar 2018
todd2580 said:
Jaces_Sanctum said:

OverLord S2 And Bogiebob and others (it's by the director of S1 with the same main writer)

Just two shows isn't a determiner of their overall work with all their shows.
Mar 18, 2019 6:51 PM
Jul 2016
Jaces_Sanctum said:
todd2580 said:

Just two shows isn't a determiner of their overall work with all their shows.

i heard Madhouse isn't like what they used to be the studio is having much work too
Mar 18, 2019 9:33 PM

Mar 2019
Probably.

1) JC Staff isn't good, period. The numerous delays and almost no information on it other than one lazy PV with 3s of animation for each character make it look like that's all they worked on. And even the characters are off-model in the PV.
2) The arc in the manga isn't done, it will end in an unsatisfying cliffhanger no matter what.
3) Even if it was done, it would need 39 episodes AT LEAST due to the monstrous amount of filler Murata put into the story.
4) The main villain was an urgent threat in the webcomic they had to deal with asap, but he has been doing barely anything for the past two years thanks to Murata putting so much filler that he feels like a wimp.

So even if JC Staff didn't suck, had the budget, and the arc was done, it would still not be very good because of half a season's worth of tournament arc filler, and a villain that feels like an afterthought instead of the threat he was built up to be.
And even if I was wrong, BONES set the bar way too high with MP100 so it would be disappointing anyway.
Mar 18, 2019 11:24 PM

Jul 2013
half a season's worth of tournament arc filler

Oh god... i wish every show had these!
Mar 18, 2019 11:52 PM

Dec 2016
imo the manga just gets progressively better, so, if s2 stays true to that, it should be decent at least - even with possible terrible animation.

but still think imma wait to hear people's comments of the first few eps before i start watching it myself
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Mar 19, 2019 1:18 AM

Jul 2016
DonTrumpolino said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Well, but they can add and remove portions from the source material and have done so before. A couple of fights in the anime didn't happen in the manga. So, there will be probably the same pace as before. So far another studio working on a series does not mean the end of it (well, maybe if the series is too old, like Berserk or Fist Of the Northstar)

Do we even watching the same show? Pretty sure the story was almost same as the manga (Aside a few scenes) and I never seen any fillers in the anime adaptation. The only filler scenes in the anime (As far as I know) was the OVAs and Specials, which is obvious will features original story rather than adapting a random chapters from the manga.

todd2580 said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

ONE didn't even end the arc so expect cliffhanger without thinking...

I thought ONE already ended Garou arc in webcomic for long time ago? Unless if you refers the manga version which is indeed haven't end yet.
Mar 19, 2019 2:17 AM
Mar 2018
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

[...] (Aside a few scenes) and I never seen any fillers in the anime adaptation. The only filler scenes in the anime (As far as I know) was the OVAs and Specials, which is obvious will features original story rather than adapting a random chapters from the manga.

I thought ONE already ended Garou arc in webcomic for long time ago? Unless if you refers the manga version which is indeed haven't end yet.

Well isn't this what I was getting at? The things that weren't in the source are just like 2 or 3 fights, you can look it up in the wiki, if you can. However there will probably be never an anime that is able to adapt the source 100%, because comics and manga are like books for people that don't like reading, so there is still a bit of imagination needed, that is then up to the animators/editors decision how to make at least a bit sense of. So there is always room, how that character got there or even a slapstick moment can be added. But that's just my nitpicking...

And as for all the sources that are available, I wished they would've put a bit more thought than profit into it, because else it will always get convoluted and noone will know anymore what is canon or just cannonfodder...
Mar 19, 2019 3:01 AM

Jul 2016
DonTrumpolino said:
Well isn't this what I was getting at?

You literally just said:
A couple of fights in the anime didn't happen in the manga.

.... Like if there's a few scenes was skipped in the anime despite it's more about changes.

If it was a misunderstood then sorry about that.
Mar 19, 2019 4:25 AM

Sep 2014
Its JC staff, arguably (one of) the worst "big" anime studios. I was worried when I heard it was not done by madhouse, after seeing how bad Index season 3 was I really think they will manage to fuck this up too. The expectations are probably way too high as well.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 19, 2019 5:08 AM
Jan 2018
Comander-07 said:
Its JC staff, arguably (one of) the worst "big" anime studios. I was worried when I heard it was not done by madhouse, after seeing how bad Index season 3 was I really think they will manage to fuck this up too. The expectations are probably way too high as well.
even though madhouse adapted season 2 OPM I was still in doubt, just look at OVERLORD season 2 CGI which ended very badly, even though PSYCO Season 2 MOB looks good, but who cares there's still AOT season 3 part 2 and chihayafuru so I don't care about OPM
Mar 19, 2019 5:18 AM
Sep 2017
Season 1 was absolutely to the mark.
Talking season 2 to consideration, following manga would not give a scratch of disappointment.

Garou will be most influencing character in season 2.

One punch man season 2 .... IS HERE
Mar 21, 2019 2:59 PM

Sep 2014
MudaMudaGioGio said:
Comander-07 said:
even though madhouse adapted season 2 OPM I was still in doubt, just look at OVERLORD season 2 CGI which ended very badly, even though PSYCO Season 2 MOB looks good, but who cares there's still AOT season 3 part 2 and chihayafuru so I don't care about OPM
oh yes.. Overlord. I had a drinking game during the splat episode, drink everytime horrible CGI shows up. I died. Twice.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 2, 2019 8:10 PM

Aug 2017
The show was never good in the first place.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 2, 2019 9:39 PM

Sep 2011
I would disagree. Like many said, it's subjective but, in my opinion, the manga just keep getting better.
Apr 2, 2019 9:41 PM

Apr 2017
Season one sucked so hopefully season two is good.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

389 by THEBIGNOODLER »»
Apr 10, 2:30 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

200 by Craneface »»
Mar 28, 2:52 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.