Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 25, 2016 1:23 PM

Sep 2015
I'm not looking for yaoi or shounen-ai animes - rather, I'm just looking for a good anime that happens to include a male gay romance in there as a sub-plot. No ambigious or implied romance - a proper romance of them expressing each others' love for one another, preferrably with kissing and such included.
Sep 25, 2016 1:50 PM

Aug 2013
I got irritated somehow.
don't be half-hearted, you should try to watch the real one tho, it's good lol
I could recommend you some good sho-ai anime & manga if you're looking for the proper one...

Sep 25, 2016 1:53 PM

Sep 2015
misachin said:
I got irritated somehow.
I could recommend you some good sho-ai anime & manga if you're looking for the proper one...

... what the hell are you talking about? I WANT proper romances. But why can straight people get proper romances in ANY anime, while us homosexuals must go to romance-centered gay-genre of anime to find it? God forbid there could for instance be an anime out there centered around fantasy fighting and action that happens to include a male gay romance in it, huh? -_-
Sep 25, 2016 2:37 PM
Aug 2016
People seem bizarrely averse to having gay men having straightforward romances in anime.
Sep 25, 2016 2:49 PM

Sep 2015
MindForged said:
People seem bizarrely averse to having gay men having straightforward romances in anime.

Indeed. It's like they only avoid having it because straight people find it "icky". :/
Sep 25, 2016 2:58 PM
Jun 2016
I think perhaps no.6 may be what you're looking for. It's not listed as shounen ai as sci fi/action is the main focus but there is a clear straightforward romance between the two male leads as sub plot & they do express it. The manga of it is great too!
https://myanimelist.net/anime/10161/No6
Sep 25, 2016 3:07 PM

Sep 2015
Rosina said:
I think perhaps no.6 may be what you're looking for. It's not listed as shounen ai as sci fi/action is the main focus but there is a clear straightforward romance between the two male leads as sub plot & they do express it. The manga of it is great too!
https://myanimelist.net/anime/10161/No6

Oh yeah, that one. I keep trying to look for it on DVD, but it doesn't seem like it's possible to get that way. I can only find "Blue Submarine No 6 DTC Complete Collection" - and I don't think that's the same thing. XP

I know there are probably ways to watch No.6 online, but I'm a collector. If I end up enjoying and loving something, I want to be able to collect it on DVD.
Sep 25, 2016 3:30 PM
Jun 2016
I think amazon have it in stock but it depends where you live.. https://www.amazon.com/No-6-Complete-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B0083QJV44

Another great one is Doukyuusei . It's a film though & shounen ai but it presents the relationship in a fairly realistic & simple way IMO(I'm bi in real life). Although romance is the main focus of the plot & it might be hard to find on dvd as it's fairly new..
Sep 25, 2016 3:33 PM

Sep 2015
Ah, okay. ^^; Well, that's blu-ray anyway, and I prefer DVD, so... XP I don't know.

Oh? Okay. Never heard of this Doukyuusei. But yeah, couldn't find that either when I looked for it. Good god, why is it so hard to find stuff? XP lol
Sep 25, 2016 3:39 PM
Jun 2016
KurvosVicky said:
Ah, okay. ^^; Well, that's blu-ray anyway, and I prefer DVD, so... XP I don't know.

Oh? Okay. Never heard of this Doukyuusei. But yeah, couldn't find that either when I looked for it. Good god, why is it so hard to find stuff? XP lol

Amen to that :L !!!
Sep 26, 2016 6:31 AM

Sep 2015
misachin said:
I got irritated somehow.

But hey, if you now got some good sho-ai animes to recommend you think could be possible to find on DVD... please be my guest then.
Sep 26, 2016 6:36 AM

Dec 2014
love stage
Super Lovers
Sep 26, 2016 6:43 AM

Sep 2015
ibraheem234 said:
love stage
Super Lovers

Love Stage is only available for region 1 on DVD, which means USA. I'm in region 2. As for Super lovers? Can't find that on DVD period.
Sep 26, 2016 6:47 AM

Dec 2014
KurvosVicky said:
ibraheem234 said:
love stage
Super Lovers

Love Stage is only available for region 1 on DVD, which means USA. I'm in region 2. As for Super lovers? Can't find that on DVD period.

Inbox me I'll Pm you the site where you can watch online

More topics from this board

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - Yesterday

8 by Wakarimas-en »»
25 minutes ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - 40 minutes ago

0 by MeZaDefined »»
40 minutes ago

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - Today

3 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
51 minutes ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

70 by Meline0102 »»
1 hour ago

» 150 Chapters Manhwa/Manhua

Nizalich - Apr 21

3 by duchessliz87 »»
Today, 5:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.