Forum Settings
Forums
Sep 25, 2016 12:19 AM

So... almost a week ago, I requested a name change (along with a picture) for this character: https://myanimelist.net/character/135256/Sera_Kusuki
More so than a name change, it was correction. Turns out his surname is "Kusunoki", not "Kusuki". I also provided evidence for this (an episode where his surname is pronounced).

Anyway, I was just wondering how long it takes for these kinds of requests to be revised. The picture I submitted as approved relatively fast, but I didn't get any messages telling me it was approved. I thought that maybe the name change request had already been denied and MAL didn't send me any notifications about it, since it seems they don't send notifications for approvals.

Sep 25, 2016 12:41 AM

Either someone has just fixed it really quickly on seeing this thread or it was already fixed as the family name is now given as Kusunoki.

Edit: vvv I guess it's the former then.
Modified by kuuderes_shadow, Sep 25, 2016 12:47 AM
Weekly light novel releases (from 20/10/2014)
Bestselling light novel volumes of the year/all time* (and more in the same club).
*that there is data for

There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.

Sep 25, 2016 12:42 AM

Hey, @Mike_McFly, unfortunately users do not get a message saying their character edits have been approved or denied. Your best bet is to message a database moderator to get an update about your submission, assuming it has indeed been a while. In any case, I have updated Sera Kusunoki's page. Many thanks!

Sep 25, 2016 1:08 AM

@Ana oh, that was fast.
Thank you very much :)