Forum Settings
Forums

Two Indian men cleared of raping and killing British schoolgirl Scarlett Keeling on Goa beach

New
Sep 24, 2016 11:25 AM

Jan 2012
The 15-year-old was found dead on a beach in India in 2008
Two men have been cleared of raping a British schoolgirl and leaving her to die on a beach in Goa.

Scarlett Keeling, 15, had been on holiday with her family in the popular Indian resort town of Anjuna when she attended a Valentine’s Day party in 2008.

Prosecutors alleged Carvalho and D’Souza had plied Scarlett with drugs, raped her and left her unconscious on the beach where she subsequently drowned..

Ms MacKeown, 51, had earlier said she was 'shocked' by the verdict, telling reporters: 'I've waited eight years (for justice) - and now this.

'Somebody murdered my daughter in this country and someone needs to be held accountable. I'm devastated and shocked.

'We thought justice would finally be done, but it hasn't. We had shown faith in the Indian judicial system, but the Indian system has let me down. This verdict is rubbish and we will file an appeal in the High Court.'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/scarlett-keeling-british-schoolgirl-15-murder-killing-rape-goa-beach-verdict-not-guilty-cleared-a7324776.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------
corruption too much

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Sep 24, 2016 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
Thanks god I'm a guy and ugly in addition I'll probably never get raped
Sep 24, 2016 11:42 AM

Apr 2016
Darekmhn1 said:

lol i laugh so hard.....
Sep 24, 2016 11:46 AM
Jun 2013
Darekmhn1 said:

Some nut jobs don't care about that stuff . Haven't you heard about rape of 90 year old and 3 year old >_< Our world is fucked up !
Sep 24, 2016 11:52 AM
Jul 2018
ashishkaull said:
Darekmhn1 said:

Some nut jobs don't care about that stuff . Haven't you heard about rape of 90 year old and 3 year old >_< Our world is fucked up !

If there really is a person who would willingly want to have a sexual intercourse with me then yes, the world is fucked and if it is really the case the so I'll be
Sep 24, 2016 11:56 AM
Jun 2013
Darekmhn1 said:
ashishkaull said:

If there really is a person who would willingly want to have a sexual intercourse with me then yes, the world is fucked and if it is really the case the so I'll be

Marriages were a great idea to curb the sexual desires of Men .
But now we have sexual relation before marriage and that too with many people . Sexual relations with men/women other than husband/wife . I don't know who to blame .

Sociologists say , Industrial societies are at fault as that has taken humans away from humanity .
Sep 24, 2016 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
ashishkaull said:
Darekmhn1 said:

But now we have sexual relation before marriage and that too with many people . Sexual relations with men/women other than husband/wife . I don't know who to blame .

Sociologists say , Industrial societies are at fault as that has taken humans away from humanity .

Not sure what you're getting at and how is is that related to my post but m'kay
Sep 24, 2016 12:27 PM

Sep 2013
6/10 wouldn't rape or have have sex with.
R.I.P.
Sep 24, 2016 12:40 PM

May 2016
damn. I cannot say "religion of peace" this time......
Sep 24, 2016 1:14 PM

May 2010
Darekmhn1 said:
ashishkaull said:

Not sure what you're getting at and how is is that related to my post but m'kay

I think he's saying your luck went down because people now don't care about the longevity or character of their partners.
Sep 24, 2016 1:35 PM

Feb 2013
Those guys are disgusting and I hope they die.
Sep 24, 2016 2:46 PM

Jan 2015
Did some topless Femen barge into the courtroom or something ?

The one time feminism is actually needed, would be a shame if they missed it.

Although I gotta admit a 15 year old attending a Valentine party all by herserlf in a foreign country like India is asking for some trouble.
Sep 24, 2016 6:28 PM

Apr 2011
Two Indian Men named "Carvalho" and "D'Souza"? I can imagine more than a few Indians named D'Souza, but Carvalho? Guess I don't know much about Indians after all.
Sep 24, 2016 11:33 PM
Feb 2012
Seeing how it's been eight years since then I suppose some money switched owners et voila- not guilty! Yay, justice!
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 25, 2016 12:29 AM

Jun 2015
yhunata said:
Two Indian Men named "Carvalho" and "D'Souza"? I can imagine more than a few Indians named D'Souza, but Carvalho? Guess I don't know much about Indians after all.

Portuguese outposts in Sri lanka and parts of western India did exist after all.

OT: Doesn't surprise me, corruption is one of the biggest problems India is facing.
Sep 25, 2016 1:19 AM

Jun 2015
Omg India. Not religion of peace, but its still seriously fucked up. Indian is pretty corrupted in this sense.

set by secret santa ; thank you! ily ♥️
Sep 25, 2016 10:36 AM

Nov 2015
Mayumi said:
Omg India. Not religion of peace, but its still seriously fucked up. Indian is pretty corrupted in this sense.

How the fuck is 'india' a religion?
Sep 25, 2016 11:27 AM
Jun 2013
yhunata said:

Nothing surprising .

Its a tourist destination and once ruled by Portuguese and their Christian missionaries which converted a good chunk of native population .
Sep 26, 2016 6:13 AM

Feb 2016
The article doesn't say anything about how or why they were cleared, but the comments indicate she took the drugs herself and accidentally drowned when she passed out on the beach. I shouldn't get more useful info from unsourced comments than from a news article.

I don't know, but if I was writing an article about people being cleared of rape in a country well-known for rape, I might talk a little more about what went on in the trial and judgement rather than how the victim was 15 and the mom swears to appeal it to the highest court. Appeal on what grounds? Fucking report something!
Sep 26, 2016 1:41 PM

Mar 2014
God bless India. Pillar of women's rights
Sep 26, 2016 2:05 PM

Aug 2016
#whitepriv-

oh wait...

#maleprivilege
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
Sep 26, 2016 2:33 PM

Jan 2015
Noraf46 said:
I don't know, but if I was writing an article about people being cleared of rape in a country well-known for rape, I might talk a little more about what went on in the trial and judgement rather than how the victim was 15 and the mom swears to appeal it to the highest court. Appeal on what grounds? Fucking report something!

Nah that'd be journalism, it's boring. Better do sensationalism and go right for the feelz !
Sep 26, 2016 6:02 PM

Dec 2013
I'm afraid to say this... There may be no turning back; "India has a rape culture".

In other words whether they did it or not them getting off doesn't surprise me at all, especially with the cast system in play you get some major corruption and "good ol' boys club" mentality.
I am on the edge ! The edge of the edgiest edge ever edged by edgekind !
я умерте ужасну депрессии...

Sep 26, 2016 7:56 PM

Jan 2014
The names were a bit of a surprise, so it was good to learn that India had portuguese outposts.

As for the matter at hand, it is completely deplorable. Was the family acquainted with these men? How was she left alone with them?
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 27, 2016 4:02 AM

Aug 2016
So... why was the 15 year old girl alone on a beach with two adult men in a foreign country?

That's some really negligent parenting there.
Sep 27, 2016 4:51 AM

Apr 2015
Why is everyone attacking the men? They were cleared, AKA there wasn't enough evidence to point them towards the crime. Innocent until proven guilty.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.