Forum Settings
Forums

Do you prefer to listen to music through headphones, earphones or speakers?

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: What do you prefer to listen to music with?

Feb 1, 2010 3:46 PM

Depends... If I'm walking to campus or into town I'll use earphones, since they're small and I can just wrap the cable aroung my mp3 player and put it in my bag/pocket with no hassle. If I'm in my room, I'll use my speakers, but I'll use my headphones when watching tv shows/anime late at night so I don't annoy my flatmates (they can be very touchy about noise...). I do use my headphones for listening to music sometimes, but then I forget to take them off for hours and my ears ache like hell after.

Feb 1, 2010 3:56 PM

i love earphones. we have shitty speakers and the headphones are uncomfortable because they shove all the piercings into the side of my head >> not fun
Modified by AcidBlackCherry, Feb 1, 2010 4:09 PM

Feb 1, 2010 4:26 PM

When no one is home I love just blasting my music through my speakers/subwoofer. Other than that I pretty much live in my big Skullcandy headphones.

Feb 1, 2010 4:30 PM
Speakers. I like to hear the shit knock from all sides.

Feb 1, 2010 4:40 PM

I used to only use earphones for my ipod, but then I used them for late night anime on my computer so I wouldn't wake the parental and liked it, so I started using them. Now I spend about... 16 hours a day wearing them. =/ I listen to music sometimes with them when I sleep, too. But usually I used speakers for that.

Feb 1, 2010 4:42 PM

I can't go anywhere without my mp3 and headphones. So...headphones.

Feb 1, 2010 4:46 PM

I like to listen to music through speakers, I really don't like wearing headphones or earphones I think they are uncomfortable.

Feb 1, 2010 5:25 PM

Speakers at home, 'cause it's more comfortable. Unless I want the music really loud without the neighbors complaining, then earphones. Also earphones while traveling.

Feb 1, 2010 8:08 PM

I prefer speakers just so I don't have something stuck to my head. But I've prefer headphones over earphones. I use headphones at the computer so it doesn't disrupt the family.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya

Feb 3, 2010 2:22 PM

i like to listen to music with headphones so i can dance my way on the dance floor :P lol
“We are all like fireworks. We climb, shine, and always go our separate ways and become further apart. But even if that time comes, let’s not disappear like a firework, and continue to shine forever.”

Feb 3, 2010 2:26 PM

live, cause ya know
:v

Feb 3, 2010 2:28 PM

Speakers, so that way when I sing along, I don't look so stupid.

Plus, better sound. Louder the better.

Feb 3, 2010 2:29 PM

Depends where I am and what I'm listening to :)
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)

Feb 3, 2010 3:48 PM

Headphones. I have pretty crappy ones but the sound quality is still amazing compared to most speakers and earphones.
For now we are young, let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see.

Feb 3, 2010 5:07 PM

Headphones because they're soft and keep my ears warm. :D I'd use earphones, only the majority of them are too big to fit in my ears.

Feb 3, 2010 5:15 PM

Earphones hurt and speakers aren't portable enough so I'm going with headphones.

Feb 3, 2010 5:29 PM

Wait wait.. no all of the above???

Earphones = Shure SE210's Decent midrange priced earbuds ($150) with Amazing sound and several ear fittings to make em comfortable to almost anyone. ( i use the small foam buds that are EXTREMELY comfortable :D

Headphoens = Sen HD280's ($100) .. Meh.. for a non ported headphone they are pretty ok. i mean, there are better out there but.. good bass and no one can hear them.. guess thats the key

Speakers = 1Pair of Martin Logan Source Towers ($2200) with a Yamaha AS700 Integrated 2 channel amp ($800) and a Martin Logan Dynamo 700 subwoofer ($650)

Keep in mind i love audio so i dont mind paying stupid amounts of money for it.. Oh and i work at the corporate slave dri... "giant" known as best buy, so i got most of this more than half off :D (i guess working there has its perks)

Feb 3, 2010 5:32 PM
Generally I used to listen to music through earphones if I had the option. The same went with watching anime via the computer. The speakers with my new computer are pretty nice though, so anymore I usually just use them instead of plugging in.

Feb 5, 2010 12:21 PM

Headphones.

I have Skullcandy ones, and am I the only one who hasn't broke theirs? O_o They're MUCH better than the iPod Earphones because:
a) they go louder
b) they don't hurt my ears
c) they don't get all tangled as much.

Yup, headphones all the way! :D

Feb 5, 2010 12:29 PM

There are some really good headphones out there I've heard some massive things about that audiophile music fans swear by. But unfortunately I don't have any of those.
The very best thing I own is my surround sound system. And so I use that whenever possible.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.

Feb 5, 2010 1:01 PM

I prefer not to have things on my head or in my ear, so I think I'd like speakers best.
I have a pair of dJays earplugs that I use a lot. Headphones are a bit too big, and I don't like others hearing what music I listen to.
行けー幼子兵器!あれは木端微塵に粉砕しろ!

Feb 5, 2010 1:46 PM

I tend to use headphones most of the time. They're comfortable and they block out most (if not all!) of that annoying background noise. What more could a man want?

Feb 5, 2010 2:42 PM
I want to say I prefer head/earphones, but I end up breaking them accidentally--And by accidentally I mean throwing them around while in an outer pocket of my backpack.

Feb 5, 2010 4:05 PM
Speakers, you can feel the bass

Headphones, to listen to the bass

:3

Feb 5, 2010 4:50 PM

Sony earphones, definately.
I don't have headphones besides ones with a huge jack for my mixer&such, & speakers are good but with earphones you can hear everything.
When I listen to a song with alot of panning through earphones it's really trippy. And also with earphones, you can hear so much really quiet hidden shit everywhere, you just have to listen for it.
A good eg. is Eye No by Prince

Feb 5, 2010 5:06 PM

Headphones for the most part. Have the Sennheiser HD-595, the best is when I plug those directly into the sound system I have downstairs though, it's like hearing the music all over again.

Feb 5, 2010 6:22 PM

earphones get irritating so i use headphones when im out

Feb 6, 2010 12:27 AM

Headphones absolutly ^^

Feb 6, 2010 12:57 AM

headphones

just got skullcandy headphones, and i'm quite disappointed. they're not really what i expected
&sclick

Feb 6, 2010 12:58 AM

Definitely speakers. It's much better when the music isn't directly near my ears. :3

Feb 6, 2010 2:46 AM

Headphones. In a perfect world with no roommates it might be speakers... but my speakers are nowhere near as nice as my headphones. If they were as nice, well I'd have to kill my roommates and switch my answer to speakers. *_*

Feb 6, 2010 3:36 AM

speakers homedawgs

Feb 6, 2010 4:15 AM

I use the Siberia Steelseries headphones, best headphones for their price range in my opinion. (not going to pay more than 100 dollars for headphones even though i use them for gaming as well, these stereo headphones work well enough in first person shooters to hear where an enemy is)

Feb 6, 2010 6:46 AM

I always use earphones, but I get the feeling that I'd love headphones a lot more if I was willing to spend the money on some good ones.

Feb 6, 2010 6:54 AM

When I'm not home I use earphones.My headphones broke after I chewed on their wire,hehe :'D
At home I use speakers [ I usually don't even realise how loud I play music,otl. o.o]

Feb 6, 2010 7:05 AM

Mitzuke said:
When I'm not home I use earphones.My headphones broke after I chewed on their wire,hehe :'D
At home I use speakers [ I usually don't even realise how loud I play music,otl. o.o]

You chewed on their wire. lol
I had a similar experience once when a kitten was chewing on my earphone wires. It was just so cuute and what harm can a cute little kitten do anyways... Turns out they can ruin a good pair of earphones. X.x

Feb 6, 2010 7:14 AM

I love headphones the most, but when I'm running I find earphones (that fit right in your ear) a lot more comfortable to wear, and they stay in pretty well. But headphones FTW ^^

Feb 6, 2010 7:16 AM

anasaziman said:
Mitzuke said:

You chewed on their wire. lol
I had a similar experience once when a kitten was chewing on my earphone wires. It was just so cuute and what harm can a cute little kitten do anyways... Turns out they can ruin a good pair of earphones. X.x

Haha,yes. I kinda feel the urge to eat something or tochew something when I'm at the PC.And that wire was good -cough- Besides,headphones are sometimes way too big for my head and my ears start to hurt after some time o_o .

Feb 6, 2010 7:22 AM

When I'm going somewhere I usually use earphones but at home I prefer my Sennheiser HD 205 so... definitely headphones : )

Feb 6, 2010 7:56 AM

my family paid $750 getting all the components for a frickin awesome speaker system... so yeah, I think I like speakers better....

Feb 6, 2010 8:14 AM

Asako said:
Speakers. I adore my subwoofers. Headphones lack body rumbling bass.
I have a 10" sub under my desk, my door rumbles in it's socket. One time I heard all the plates in the kitchen shaking too. I love it.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

Feb 6, 2010 9:21 AM

Headphones though I don't own one. Lol Well simply because it's comfortable for the ear and speakers is good too and really loud but annoying for my old man.

Love is filled with mystery

Feb 6, 2010 3:12 PM
I prefer to use headphone's due to there portability and comfort.

Feb 6, 2010 8:08 PM
Headphones of course when I'm enjoying my walks. When I'm inside my house, I must listen thru the computer speakers, or I'll start feeling more closed in than usual; claustrophobic in a matter of speaking? Yea.

Feb 6, 2010 8:26 PM

Headphones.

Feb 6, 2010 8:43 PM

I had a pair of Koss earbuds I was using until the right one stopped producing sound. TT_TT At first they were kinda uncomfortable but I got used to them. One thing is that they block out outside sound so I can listen to music at a lower volume (especially on a loud bus) and thus not damage my ears, which is great.

Except now that they're not working I'm forced to use standard issue iPod earbuds which really, really suck in comparison. TT_TT

At home I use speakers my dad handed down to me. My laptop speakers obviously pale in comparison, as those other ones do have some nice bass going.

I was thinking of getting headphones, but I'm not really sure of the brand, or how much I'm willing to pay for a pair. Skullcandy stuff is really pretty, but I kinda assumed it was just crap in a wrapper (and it is, judging by all the posts in this thread.) Another thing is that most headphones are kinda bulky, and I like to keep my MP3 player in my pocket.

I am the senpai that notices you.

Feb 20, 2010 8:53 AM

Headphones & Earphones
But not speakers
Sig deleted for being too large.

Feb 20, 2010 1:28 PM

Speakers, without question. As I usually listen to music in my car, I dropped the money for two 12 inch subs, an amp just to run those, and an amp to run my regular car speakers. Music listening at its finest.
“It’s not so much that I care about what you’re doing, but the idiotic way you’re doing it.”
Vincent Valentine

Feb 20, 2010 1:43 PM

I'd prefer speakers, saves the uncomfortable feeling you get when wearing either too long.

Feb 20, 2010 3:44 PM
I have a very good set of earphones, so I'll go with that. Though, if I were still able to drive, I'd go with speakers...and if I were able to use my dad's extremely expensive home theater sound system, I'd go with that lol.

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »