Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 23, 2016 8:45 PM

Jan 2013
Like nobody really likes this show, but I fookin love it. It's my guilty pleasure turn off my mind and watch Rinne

(Ok i made this thread to see if there were any others that liked this show lol)
Sep 23, 2016 9:52 PM

Aug 2015
I liked the first season but the second is being very boring to me. I don't know why, maybe because it's too repetitive, so I'm not excited for this new season.

I say that, but probably I'll watch it anyway xd.
Sep 23, 2016 10:28 PM
Mar 2009
I hope that next season we will see more romance!
Sep 24, 2016 12:46 AM
Feb 2016
Yes, among 7 billion people in the world nobody likes this show.

It's not like it got 3 seasons.. oh wait.
Sep 24, 2016 12:52 AM
Casual Flower

Mar 2015
Eh, people who hate it, shouldn't be bothering to comment. I honestly think it's great; I mean seriously. As a fan of Rumiko Takahashi; I'll enjoy any of her work either way, and it should be recognized by many anime fans. She's well known and popular all around as a manga artist.

Can't wait for more Rinne. :3 So I'm excited. ^^
Sep 24, 2016 1:07 AM

Jan 2013
E96825 said:
Yes, among 7 billion people in the world nobody likes this show.

It's not like it got 3 seasons.. oh wait.
I didn't mean it literally lol

And s1's score is lower than 7, which really surprised me.
Mr_Pr1nce said:
I liked the first season but the second is being very boring to me. I don't know why, maybe because it's too repetitive, so I'm not excited for this new season.

I say that, but probably I'll watch it anyway xd.
that's actually why I love it! the repetitive sol/comedy!
Sep 24, 2016 2:34 AM

Feb 2011
I'm excited as all hell for this. Been a fan of the manga since 2011, have all available volumes, and the anime is equally as great (S2 even more so than S1). Can't wait to see Hitomi animated, she's great.
I also rewatched the first season on blu-ray just recently so I'm all hyped up for this.

Now I just want Viz to release the manga somewhat faster :( Only 1 volume every 4 months is really slow.
Sep 24, 2016 11:37 AM
Mar 2016
WTF , this boring thing gets a 3rd season?
Sep 24, 2016 3:26 PM

Jul 2007
And there's the hater lol.

Anyway, looking forward to season 3.
Sep 24, 2016 6:57 PM

Apr 2014
I don't love this show, I like it and I thing it's entertaining. I'm hyped for season 3 as well.
I think that if people find it boring, they should find something else that they'd be entertained to watch instead of planting their little negative buddies here. : ) like do you think complaining would make the show better? naah dude, do yourself a favor and watch something else.
Sep 24, 2016 8:31 PM

Sep 2012
I love this show and the new season will be great again
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Sep 25, 2016 3:15 AM
Oct 2012
This show is like one giant inuyasha/ranma rerun with reapers. It even has the Filler feeling of Fillers... in one giant season. Nothing progressed in season 2 until the last episode. Then we only got one small push and then stepped 2 pushes back. Im surprised this series got an other season. I cant even believe i watched both seasons.............................
Sep 25, 2016 6:47 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Hopefully when the manga ends, the rest of the series is adapted :D
Sep 25, 2016 7:16 AM
Feb 2016
I'M SO EXCITED!!!
Can't wait >w<
I love all of Takahasi Rumiko-sensei, and i don't know why so many haters just because this anime different from previous Rumiko works (Inuyasha), it does't mean Inuyasha a good action anime than kyoukai no rinne must to be good action anime, too... :'(

sorry for my english
Sep 25, 2016 8:43 AM

Apr 2015
Since this is getting another season I guess its quite popular in Japan? Its pretty quiet among western fans so I was doubting season 3. Anyways, I enjoyed this series because of its relaxed atmosphere and hyped to see season 3.
Sep 25, 2016 11:14 AM
Jun 2013
I love this anime so much I am so happy! yay!
Sep 26, 2016 3:18 PM
Jul 2018
I loved Inuyasha, I checked out Ranma 1/2, and it was pretty cool, and RIN-NE is just fantastic!
Sep 27, 2016 12:48 AM

Apr 2014
I haven't even gotten around to watch the second season yet. >.<
Sep 28, 2016 7:09 PM

Jan 2012
Just goes to show how far behind I am...

The listing of season 3 made me realize that I completely forgot about season 2. I didn't even realize it'd aired. I'm downloading it right now; I need to catch up.
Oct 18, 2016 12:56 AM

Aug 2012
This show makes me feel good. I like the absurd humour and how a supernatural theme is mingled with realistic elements. I enjoy watching it, that's all that matters for me.
Nov 30, 2016 2:50 AM

Oct 2016
I can't believe this caliber of a show got season 3... while other obviously 'better' shows stopped @ season 1.

Oh well.. enough of the rant. I guess I'll add it in my PTW.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Jan 7, 2017 9:18 PM

Aug 2015
I really hope they wrapped it up Rinne X Sakura this season.
Kinda gettin boring seeing little progress on their romance(2 Seasons of 25 eps)
Like the final Season 2 ep i was already losing interest.
Jan 18, 2017 4:34 AM

Oct 2015
I love this show, though seeing how the second season seemed so repetitive i would have rather have it end in the second season, with that said i hope this new season will give us some kind of solid conclusion on Rinne and Mamiya's relationship
Feb 20, 2017 3:26 PM
Dec 2016
I can't wait it feels like it's been FOREVER since season 2 I seriously can't wait for season 3 I'm really hoping that the Romance will get better or it'll be just like a repeat :'( Please!! <3
Apr 2, 2017 1:23 PM

May 2010
Oh look it got s3 n from the looks of it s2 progressed just "as much" as s1 did (didnt bother)

Lets move on
Apr 6, 2017 10:49 AM
Jan 2017
i love this show's characters so fun to watch
Apr 8, 2017 3:48 PM

Dec 2014
This is an example of a show you watch for the characters, and not exactly the plot. I absolutely love all the individual characters; yes, sometimes they do get a bit repetitive and cliche but don't most anime? I absolutely love the art too.
Jun 22, 2017 8:48 PM
Jul 2018
I loved Inuyasha so I gave this show a shot, but I am very disappointed in it.

Not to the point of dropping it, i am making my way through season 2 right now, but still, compared to inuyasha this show is not good at all. IMO its a huge drop in quality from inuyasha which is just disappointing when I loved watching inuyasha then go to the mangakas next work and find that its just nowhere as good.

I mean seriously, does the announcer have to tell me that rinne is invisible with his underworld haori on EVERYTIME he puts it on? does he have to say that spirits are invisible to normal people EVERY TIME they are doing something around normal people?

and the plot just goes nowhere, Inuyasha had a great plot, that made progress all the way to the end and cemented the main characters relationships and i just dont see that at all in this show.

I mean, in the end of season 1 when Ageha and Jumonji kept getting between Rinne and Sakura that was more annoying to me than anything, like the episode when he was going to her house and they were both all excited about spending time together I was like hell yeah, then it just turned into an annoying ass episode of Jumonji and Ageha ruining everything.

But dont get me wrong, I am not completely averse to slice of life shows, i loved saiki kusuo and mushishi, but this is just nowhere near those shows in quality (mushishi) or humor (saiki kusuo) IMO..

It could be that i am just completely disappointed from expecting so much more from the mangaka , but eh, its good for some brain dead entertainment every now and then, so I am at least going to watch it and make my way through season 2 for now....

It would be nowhere near my top fav animes so at the very most I would have to agree with its 6 point rating.
removed-userJun 22, 2017 8:52 PM
Jun 24, 2017 4:11 PM

Mar 2016

Someone didn't have fun.
Jun 30, 2017 9:51 AM
Jul 2018
cwtgcheese said:

Someone didn't have fun.

i duno season 3 has got a little better, i liked the episode with rinne trying to get the gold license from his dad, what i dont like is how that could have been an episode to give rinne character development, have him finally maybe defeat his father in a serious battle for once, and upgrade to a gold shinigami license but nope, of course his dad wins in the end and goes back to his devious ways and everything is back to status quo rinne poorer than ever.

the 2 episode part where sakura was going to pretend to be rinnes boyfriend had some promise as well besides the fact that instead of using that opportunity to develop their relationship further it ended up making them grow farther apart just so they could mend that and get their relationship back to square one by the end of the episode.

every episode of this series kinda reminds me of american comic book arcs where after that part of the characters story is done, the author has to put all their toys back in the toybox just how they were so the next author can use them, however, this is a manga by the writer of inuyasha, so plot development should be allowed to happen.

Anytime i think oh awesome, rinne is gonna make some money ! or , hell yeah rinne and sakura are getting closer! or wow maybe masato is actually going to accomplish something for once! or jumonji is actually going to show himself a badass exorcist instead of just throwing sacred ash all over the place for once!

something silly happens to just negate it all and put everything back to the way it was when the episode started, the only thing that actually changes in this show ever, is just rinne gets even more poor! lol
Jun 30, 2017 1:24 PM

Mar 2016
GarudaAiacos said:
something silly happens to just negate it all and put everything back to the way it was when the episode started, the only thing that actually changes in this show ever, is just rinne gets even more poor! lol

It does everything a goofy comedy is supposed to do. You're obviously taking it too seriously. You shouldn't expect any story or romantic resolution.That's what makes it funny.
Jun 30, 2017 2:05 PM
Jul 2018
cwtgcheese said:
GarudaAiacos said:

It does everything a goofy comedy is supposed to do. You're obviously taking it too seriously. You shouldn't expect any story or romantic resolution.That's what makes it funny.

but i like comedys, i like gintama as well as Saiki Kusuo

Saiki Kusuo is about as comedic, silly, and episodic as it gets, but even that show has some sense of forward momentum, and doesnt feel the need to have a narrator say "SAIKI HAS PSYCHIC POWERS BUT OTHERS DO NOT KNOW THIS FACT" everytime he uses his powers
Jun 30, 2017 2:26 PM

Mar 2016
GarudaAiacos said:
narrator say "SAIKI HAS PSYCHIC POWERS BUT OTHERS DO NOT KNOW THIS FACT" everytime he uses his powers

I think that's the joke.
Jul 20, 2017 5:21 AM

Jun 2017
Kyoukai no Rinne would not appeal to Inuyasha fans because they are fundamentally different styles. Inuyasha was more serious and plot driven, whereas Kyoukai no Rinne is just running gags with no definite endpoint. This is much closer to Ranma 1/2's style, which was also great.

That being said, KnR certainly pales in comparison to her 3 biggest series (above two, plus Urusei Yatsura).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Rinne (TV) 3rd Season Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 6, 2017

10 by Homuraja »»
Nov 7, 2023 12:41 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Rinne (TV) 3rd Season Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2017

28 by ZER0PT »»
Aug 4, 2023 2:33 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Rinne (TV) 3rd Season Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

8 by 0451 »»
Jun 22, 2023 8:46 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Rinne (TV) 3rd Season Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

8 by 0451 »»
Jun 22, 2023 12:18 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Rinne (TV) 3rd Season Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2017

9 by 0451 »»
Jun 21, 2023 12:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.