Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 23, 2016 7:18 PM
Mar 2015
I mean, the series has been going for almost 7 years now, and is steadily beginning to stall a bit in it's storytelling.

I'm beginning to wonder, is it maybe time to reach the endgame with the series?

I mean think about it, The Sword and Shield have still not been found, these arcs while interesting and compelling at times, are beginning to make the plot become overly confusing and taking it away from the important things we all know and love, and certain issues are not being dealt with because it's probably being saved for the endgame, so that brings me back to my original point.

Is it time for the curtain call?

Sep 24, 2016 12:59 AM

Apr 2008
I am not sure what you mean by it, but I still see progression in what I like the most about this manga. I mean Su-won and Yona’s and Su-won and Hak’s relationship. First they are presented as good, childhood friends, then Su-won’s decision to kill Yona’s father rips them apart, then they try to kill him the first time they meet him, but the next time they are able to cooperate with him, grudgingly, but still. Now Yona even thinks about contacting him, so she could tell about Tao’s idea and stop the two countries from going to war. I think these two relationships are the best part of the manga and they are done well. It will take Yona and Hak time to reconcile with Su-won, as everything indicates that it is going in this direction, but it is completely plausible that it takes time in their situation.

There are some things that could have been handled much better, like Hak and Yona’s nothing-really-happens relationship, which is at a dead spot for several chapter now or the mystery or the dragons, etc., but as long as the author is going to do Hak and Yona’s relationship with Su-won well, I can bear with it.
"The moment one sits down to think, one becomes all nose, or all forehead, or something horrid. Look at the successful men in any of the learned professions. How perfectly hideous they are! Except, of course, in the Church. But then in the Church they don't think. A bishop keeps on saying at the age of eighty what he was told to say when he was a boy of eighteen, and as a natural consequence he always looks absolutely delightful."
Sep 26, 2016 9:45 PM

Jun 2016
Well that's true but i don't think I'll be ready for this to end yet.
Sep 27, 2016 9:05 PM

Apr 2013
I don't think it will end this year or the next because there are still many mysteries to unfold and the timing needs to be right. If we just saw Su-won and the gang make up easily, it would make the story a million times less satisfying and have an aftertaste of incompletion. Also, it seems the mangaka is trying to build an arc right now that will introduce the main conflict at hand in an interesting way, like through parallels in these new characters relating back to the main ones. Tbh, it's hard to tell though since the story could branch out and try to develop characters like Kouka's generals or Ik-su. One of the main mysteries though is Su-won's intentions and thoughts because without his pov, the audience still has no confirmation on what his real intentions are, why he decided to kill Yona's father, and why he acts in unusual ways towards Hak and Yona. I also forgot that he claimed King Il killed his father but we still don't know the truth and story behind this accusation.
.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.✦
Sep 28, 2016 7:57 AM
Sep 2016
I don't think that the series should end just yet, the story arcs are enjoyable. While the Sword and Shield haven't been been pointed out directly in the story, we can pretty much theorize who they are. Hak, is the sword and Soo-Won is the shield. Hak is always fighting by Yona's side, and Soo-Won has been constantly protecting her even though he is supposed to be her enemy. While we don't know the real reason why he killed Yona's father. We do know his father had something to do with the Priest been exiled. So Soo-Won may have already known who Yona was. So it is possible the true reason was for her protection. He has access to knowledge though whispers, that most people don't. Also he has shown he is ready to sacrifice his happiness for what is right, so rather than a true villain, he can be considered an anti-hero. Yona's father was a kind man, but was a bad King, and had to be removed from the throne for the sake of the nation. And we know he was not going to let Soo-Won and Yona marry, which for the nation would have been the ultimate outcome. So now Soo-Won is forced to become Hak and Yona's enemy, and has to protect Yona from the Shadows while wearing the mask of the enemy. That is my theory. The three, their wounds have to heal before the true nature of what the sword and shield truely are come light. And with what they went through, that is a long road.
Sep 29, 2016 11:36 AM

Jul 2015
I get where you're coming from. It's taken 7 years for it to get 129 chapters, and honestly, I feel like it'll need at least like 129 more chapters in order to actually be able to complete.. At this rate, it's going to take forever. It makes sense what you mean, but I'd rather that it didn't just end right away or even rush the ending. I'd honestly just wish that they'd release a new chapter weekly. That would make going on hiatus much easier lol.

caught in the wonder

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 257 Discussion

crocodileman94 - Apr 19

5 by Jogii »»
Apr 22, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 185 Discussion

shanimebib - Dec 20, 2019

26 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 256 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Apr 4

7 by TanmaySpamzzz »»
Apr 12, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 175 Discussion

CrookedPanther - May 20, 2019

32 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 152 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lacznosc - Dec 21, 2017

68 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 10, 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.