Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 23, 2016 5:08 PM

May 2016
Hello, I decided to make this thread in hopes that someone will help me where can I obtain this? I found Korean dub of this online but I am looking for Japanese one. Anyone knows where can I get it? Thanks in advance.
Jul 26, 2017 3:04 AM

Jul 2017
OldClassicGamer said:
Hello, I decided to make this thread in hopes that someone will help me where can I obtain this? I found Korean dub of this online but I am looking for Japanese one. Anyone knows where can I get it? Thanks in advance.

I had attempted to find the Japanese dub of Hamos the Green chariot (in Japanese dubbed Niji no senki Irisu / 虹の戦記イリス) and failed to do so, even the DVD release seems to be either extremely obscure or non-existant, maybe Japanese simply didn't released it. I happen to own the first Serbian DVD volume which contains the first four episodes and on YouTube you can find first eight in Serbian also. I happen to speak this language so if any fansub community is interested, I can translate that version into English. The show in this country is a cult classic, by far the most popular cartoon/anime there, but despite this it is impossible to find on DVD, again... and the broadcasting company Kanal D is defunct...
If you ever get a chance to watch it, highly recommended- one of my favorite shows ever. Check out my review of it. I have not idea how no one haven't licensed this in English...
Glory and honor to the Chariot!
Aug 6, 2017 6:03 PM

May 2016
danielstellar said:
OldClassicGamer said:

I had attempted to find the Japanese dub of Hamos the Green chariot (in Japanese dubbed Niji no senki Irisu / 虹の戦記イリス) and failed to do so, even the DVD release seems to be either extremely obscure or non-existant, maybe Japanese simply didn't released it. I happen to own the first Serbian DVD volume which contains the first four episodes and on YouTube you can find first eight in Serbian also. I happen to speak this language so if any fansub community is interested, I can translate that version into English. The show in this country is a cult classic, by far the most popular cartoon/anime there, but despite this it is impossible to find on DVD, again... and the broadcasting company Kanal D is defunct...
If you ever get a chance to watch it, highly recommended- one of my favorite shows ever. Check out my review of it. I have not idea how no one haven't licensed this in English...

Glad I am not the only one who tried to find Japanese one. I even asked one person who I knew that was going to Japan to try and find it and they had 0 luck.

Serbia, despite being European country for some odd but awesome reason broadcasted many Korean animated series including Hamos, A-jang.com, Legend Of Blue. What sucks however is that whoever licensed these shows on Serbian did not produce complete DVD sets. For example, A-jang.com has 8 episodes on 2 Serbian DVDs. Why didn't they release third DVD to complete full series onto DVD. Some Serbian dubs like Tatsunoko classic Yatterman does not even have DVD release. I fear that many of Serbian dubs will get lost which sucks because they could be used as a base to make English subtitle and apply them on original language release for best quality voice acting and understanding.

Fun fact, I saw Hamos Serbian DVD last year on sale in Vulkan store in Belgrade.

Another fun fact, my mother is personal friend with one woman who was involved in Kanal D - mainly voice acting characters in dubs. I asked her if she has some of source materials like for example Serbian dubbed episodes of Legend Of Blue but sadly she has nothing. I think all the material and dubs Kanal D produced are lost unless someone was not recording them on TV. She asked multiple people involved in Kanal D in past and everyone answered no.
Aug 6, 2017 6:21 PM

Jul 2017
OldClassicGamer said:
danielstellar said:

Glad I am not the only one who tried to find Japanese one. I even asked one person who I knew that was going to Japan to try and find it and they had 0 luck.

Serbia, despite being European country for some odd but awesome reason broadcasted many Korean animated series including Hamos, A-jang.com, Legend Of Blue. What sucks however is that whoever licensed these shows on Serbian did not produce complete DVD sets. For example, A-jang.com has 8 episodes on 2 Serbian DVDs. Why didn't they release third DVD to complete full series onto DVD. Some Serbian dubs like Tatsunoko classic Yatterman does not even have DVD release. I fear that many of Serbian dubs will get lost which sucks because they could be used as a base to make English subtitle and apply them on original language release for best quality voice acting and understanding.

Fun fact, I saw Hamos Serbian DVD last year on sale in Vulkan store in Belgrade.

Another fun fact, my mother is personal friend with one woman who was involved in Kanal D - mainly voice acting characters in dubs. I asked her if she has some of source materials like for example Serbian dubbed episodes of Legend Of Blue but sadly she has nothing. I think all the material and dubs Kanal D produced are lost unless someone was not recording them on TV. She asked multiple people involved in Kanal D in past and everyone answered no.

Actually, you wasn't the only one who contacted the Kanal D staff- the TV channel is shut down, but the company still works, but with only two employees, who work in the archives of the dead television channel. I called them recently and they said that they still have all of the dubbed shows intact in their archive and that they might be able to copy me the remaining episodes for Hamos the Green Chariot... but I can't say anything because the person responsible for the archiving of the shows is currently on vacation, so I might actually be able to obtain the source material and will share it with others of course. I still can't believe Kanal D was shut down- I grew up on it! I watched Hamos several times from start to finish and it is excellent. And I managed to get a hold of the second volume of Hamos directly from the company who released it. They said that they had not released anything past volume two. Truly sad fate for such great shows. Thank you for reaching out!
By the way, do you happen to know any Korean fansubbing communities?
I will make sure to contact you if I obtain any more episodes of Hamos.
Aug 7, 2017 7:49 AM

Jul 2017
OldClassicGamer said:
danielstellar said:

The archive of Kanal D contacted me and told me that they have none (!) of the episodes of the Serbian dub of Hamos... so if someone hasn't recorded it while it was airing, it is officially lost... such a sad fate for a fantastic show... so our only hope is to find someone who speaks Korean who would be willing to translate the episodes into English...
Damm it!
Also, I found this channel who fansubbed Restol! and posted it on YouTube with English subtitles and maybe he will would be interested in working with us to translate Hamos from Korean to English? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS93YPA3w_4&t=263s
This was also one of the shows Kanal D broadcasted... I don't remember it very well but I might give it another chance...
Also, there is a Japanese fansite dedicated to Hamos/Iris in Japanese... maybe you will find it useful
http://www2.wbs.ne.jp/~woodybel/iris/
It hasn't been updated for ages but maybe it has some interesting information...
Also, did you know that there was a Hamos video game released in Korea?http://oldpcgames.tistory.com/2456
henrijeticaAug 7, 2017 7:55 AM
Aug 7, 2017 9:35 AM

May 2016
danielstellar said:
OldClassicGamer said:

The archive of Kanal D contacted me and told me that they have none (!) of the episodes of the Serbian dub of Hamos... so if someone hasn't recorded it while it was airing, it is officially lost... such a sad fate for a fantastic show... so our only hope is to find someone who speaks Korean who would be willing to translate the episodes into English...
Damm it!
Also, I found this channel who fansubbed Restol! and posted it on YouTube with English subtitles and maybe he will would be interested in working with us to translate Hamos from Korean to English? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS93YPA3w_4&t=263s
This was also one of the shows Kanal D broadcasted... I don't remember it very well but I might give it another chance...
Also, there is a Japanese fansite dedicated to Hamos/Iris in Japanese... maybe you will find it useful
It hasn't been updated for ages but maybe it has some interesting information...
Also, did you know that there was a Hamos video game released in Korea?http://oldpcgames.tistory.com/2456

Sadly, this is the sort of answer I expected as it matches fully with what woman who was involved with Kanal D told me. I don't know what they have archived but this is third show we can confirm now that is not saved by them (other two beign A-jang.com and Legend Of Blue)

This channel is awesome and I hope he will translate Hamos to English. I would love him to do it. Will you ask him? I heared of Restol but never really watched it. I guess I maybe should. I know that Japanese website but sadly it does not help me locating where can I watch Japanese dub of show.

I knew about game but I cannot find download link for it. But considering it looks like RPG game and I do not understand Korean, I don't think I would be able to complete the game since nobody even did Walkthrough for it online. I did find A-jang.com game however and I even did Let's Play on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXitY31NCjc
Aug 7, 2017 9:51 AM

Jul 2017
OldClassicGamer said:
danielstellar said:

Damm it!

Sadly, this is the sort of answer I expected as it matches fully with what woman who was involved with Kanal D told me. I don't know what they have archived but this is third show we can confirm now that is not saved by them (other two beign A-jang.com and Legend Of Blue)

This channel is awesome and I hope he will translate Hamos to English. I would love him to do it. Will you ask him? I heared of Restol but never really watched it. I guess I maybe should. I know that Japanese website but sadly it does not help me locating where can I watch Japanese dub of show.

I knew about game but I cannot find download link for it. But considering it looks like RPG game and I do not understand Korean, I don't think I would be able to complete the game since nobody even did Walkthrough for it online. I did find A-jang.com game however and I even did Let's Play on YouTube:

I asked him if he could do the subs to Hamos... I posted the question in the comments section. I guess only thing left for us is hope!
Aug 23, 2017 10:35 AM

Jul 2017
OldClassicGamer said:
danielstellar said:

Damm it!

OldClassicGamer, there is a chance for Hamos to be translated into English! I received the response from the person who was fansubbing RESTOL!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI06QxagmC0&lc=z22iydhywx21wn3h204t1aokgk2gutnat2cuog2ben1kbk0h00410.1503483207403921
Aug 23, 2017 10:41 AM

May 2016
danielstellar said:
OldClassicGamer said:

OldClassicGamer, there is a chance for Hamos to be translated into English! I received the response from the person who was fansubbing RESTOL!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI06QxagmC0&lc=z22iydhywx21wn3h204t1aokgk2gutnat2cuog2ben1kbk0h00410.1503483207403921

I commented on video too so I encourage him hopefully to translate it. We need Korean fansubbers so bad. I bet Serbs will be thankful to him.
Oct 9, 2017 11:34 AM

Jul 2017
OldClassicGamer said:
danielstellar said:

I commented on video too so I encourage him hopefully to translate it. We need Korean fansubbers so bad. I bet Serbs will be thankful to him.

There has been an update... see it under the reply section on the comment I made. There is a chance that we can get it translated into Serbian and later into English. There is a guy called Wind Bag who left his email address and we are trying to get this translation party started, so you may contact him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiEXxI4y1tA&lc=z22iydhywx21wn3h204t1aokg0sggg44ewxxzu12tuxgrk0h00410.1507572599898836
Jul 5, 2019 7:07 AM
Mar 2018
And what happend in the end?
P.S: I have one DVD of Hamos
Jul 5, 2019 7:15 AM
Mar 2018
I found on youtube 9 episodes dubbed on serbian and rest of them in korean dubb
There is a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjPaiDW5_kQ&list=PL9-0Qyl38oQ5OKW09ihEGwaSghn04H2Zv
Dec 26, 2023 6:06 PM
Jan 2015
Reply to lilukyvert
And what happend in the end?
P.S: I have one DVD of Hamos
@lilukyvert Hi, I'm still here. Which episodes does it cover? Maybe we can bound Serbian fans who still have DVDs and sub it to english for everyone. I'm really sad this Korean animation is getting lost to time..
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.