Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 23, 2016 4:03 PM

Aug 2016
Ok so for many years ive avoided anime/manga fan discussion because I believe anime/manga fans on the internet truly are negative.

Exhibit A: Rezero, i gave it an 8. currently its one of the highest rated rated series. But the most up rated reviews are the negative ones.

Exhibit B: I cant go on a one piece discussion without seeing hate for other series to elevate one piece. Gotta shit one Naruto to point out why one piece is better....you can elevate something on a pile of crap, but it will rather smelly!

Why the hell is this?

I love anime, but find myself hating anime fans because of this.
Anime is generally about positivity, but fans seem to be 80% about negativity.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

BTW I'm asking this because I really wan't people's opinions.
Open discussion is not about bate or shit sturring, I really want an open discussion.

Just to clarify, the negativity I'm talking about is: This anime is a one, people who like it are idiots or this anime is a ten, anyone who doesnt like it is a moron.

Different opinions are awesome, but spewing poison online due to an inability to have a positive discussion is odd to me.

JokerVenturaSep 26, 2016 1:21 AM
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 23, 2016 4:06 PM

Jan 2014
Anime isn't about positivity.The fuck type of anime you watch OP?
All I see is tiddies and onii-chan's getting some incest going.
Sep 23, 2016 4:07 PM

Jul 2015
rem didnt win = 1/10
sorry but the ending trigered me so hard
Sep 23, 2016 4:08 PM

May 2014
Nihilism

Cynicism

Inability to accept others opinions

Pessimism

Some insults are 'ironic deconstruction of insults normally used like this' or insert other answer on why someone was an ass

list goes on
Sep 23, 2016 4:10 PM

May 2016
It's like this, because anime is no different from anything else in that regard. People like to be negative in general.

Ever been to a gaming forum, better yet, a board for audio equipment guys? Car guys? Any other discussion board ever?

And you got to shit on Naruto, that is literally why it exists, though personally, I'd prefer if we pretended it never existed in the first place.
Sep 23, 2016 4:12 PM

Jan 2016
Let's spit some facts first,if the most up rated reviews of Re:Zero are negative is cause they did a critical review instead of giving it a 10 and say how it totally isn't a generic light novel like a fuckn retard.Also One Piece is better then Naruto and that's facts.
Sep 23, 2016 4:14 PM
Apr 2016
The Best rated review of Re:Zero was a positive one, rating it as a 9 (i gave it an 8 aswell, i enjoyed the show a lot and i think is solid, though i understand what people might not like about it).

But that review, that represented the majority of the people who watched the show, got deleted who knows for what reason, so now only the negative reviews are left. And several ones of them are poor reviews, not because they are negative but because they are really bad reviews.

Also, this show has a lot of haters for reasons that are hard to explain so ill let you discover that, most of the anime fandom is preety positive about what they like and dont attack what they dont like, they just arent as noisy.
Sep 23, 2016 4:16 PM

Aug 2014
Because people who dislike a show are also free to express their opnion and discuss the anime?
Sep 23, 2016 4:22 PM

Apr 2016
The internet is just a bitter, horrible place for no good reason.

Try to find people in the real world that share your interests. There is a 110% chance of them being nicer.
Got oppai?
Sep 23, 2016 4:26 PM

May 2015
You rated Ghost in the Shell and Howl no Ugoku Shiro 5. @JokerVentura why are you so negative?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2016 4:32 PM
Jul 2018
Just because people have a different opinion than yours about a certain show doesnt mean that the whole community is negative...

tragedydesu said:
rem didnt win = 1/10

Emilia is best girl after all ;)
Sep 23, 2016 4:37 PM

Nov 2008
zal said:
You rated Ghost in the Shell and Howl no Ugoku Shiro 5. @JokerVentura why are you so negative?
Those scores are fairly accurate. I love Miyazaki, but Howl's Moving Castle is kind of a mess. I don't know why it's rated so much higher here than almost all his other movies.

Sep 23, 2016 4:40 PM

Jul 2012
I mean I think that's just the default state of most fanbases. It's always either you hate something or you fanboy it or you avoid the community like a plague resulting in the lack of a side.
Of course when you add in popularity it then becomes a target for both sides.
Sep 23, 2016 4:47 PM
May 2015
I really like how there are already two posts claiming Naruto is shit whenever this post is talking about negativity and people talking bad about one anime whenever another is mentioned.

Also, to the OP, the internet is one giant hate machine. Personally, I have not met any negative anime fans face to face. That is just me, but online you will figuratively "meet" many different types of people who range from opinionated to open minded. There are also types that feel more comfortable voicing strong opinions because they are not face to face with another person, which is one of the many reasons why the internet is one giant hate machine.
Sep 23, 2016 4:59 PM

Feb 2016
The better question is why are you so sensitive? If you can't handle it, then stop visiting forums.

And you know someone is shitposting when they said they want to have an open/genuine discussion
CareBearSep 23, 2016 5:05 PM
Sep 23, 2016 5:03 PM

Jun 2015
Because everyone hates chinese cartoons obviously.
:)
Sep 23, 2016 5:12 PM
Jan 2016
I can honestly see why there is growing hate for Re:Zero, despite many high ratings. The bare concept of a guy getting sucked into an unfamiliar environment has been done so many times in all mediums, it can be considered another cookie cutter show. What's important is what makes it stand out, and if it is executed properly.
Sep 23, 2016 5:26 PM

Nov 2013
Really easy to be negative towards Rem:Zero when you've had weeaboo fanboys screaming in your face about it for 25 weeks straight. Especially when the only reason why people care about that show is because of the waifu.
Sep 23, 2016 5:27 PM

Jul 2009
Anime fans = neckbeards

Neckbeards = easy fits of rage

Understand?
Sep 23, 2016 5:29 PM

Aug 2015
Because there are these people that have annoyingly strong opinions, and insist on spreading them everywhere. People also look for reasons to hate certain anime just because......

...well I don't know...hating on mainstream stuff I guess?

There are also people with a superiority complex (aka Elitists), and they demonstrate it by going in discussions and shitting on the anime people love, insisting that the anime they like are better, literally only to fuel their complex.

I don't know; I'm probably wrong.
CometSep 23, 2016 5:38 PM
Sep 23, 2016 5:35 PM
Jul 2018

Now, I have been watching anime for about 11 months. When Erased came out in January 2016, there was a hate train. But, I was 2-3 months in and too busy watching famous and popular anime that blew my mind: Madoka, FMA, Death Note,SAO, Psychopass, black lagoon, the fate series, welcome to the nhk, harems,hentai, Ecchi, fantasy. There was no shortage of good anime to experience ( Attack on titan, dubbed Akame ga kill, dubbed kill la kill.) I really didn't care about Erased cause I was busy watching other stuff.

Fast forward to now. I'm not busy watching anime. I've seen 60 anime. I qualify as a weeaboo. Nothing has captured my heart like those first months. What does that mean? The incarnation of a angry nerd is born!

In the first months watching anime, I was so confused at all the haters on these good shows like Madoka or SAO. But, now I understand it. I can see your overly critical losers. It is because I am you. I feel your pain that new Chinese cartoons would never move you as much as your first Chinese cartoons. Maybe it wasn't SAO or Madoka. Maybe it was cardcaptor Sakura or dot hack. Maybe It wasn't re zero, maybe it was SAO

Now, let the hate flow through you. I have given up on MAL and the toxic anime community. You either die a hero or live long enough to become a Villian.
removed-userSep 23, 2016 6:42 PM
Sep 23, 2016 5:37 PM

Aug 2015
kI4synVCfn7PMH4w said:
Really easy to be negative towards Rem:Zero when you've had weeaboo fanboys screaming in your face about it for 25 weeks straight. Especially when the only reason why people care about that show is because of the waifu.

Fucking THIS
I had to get RES and filter my r/anime subreddit because evry second god damn post was about Re:Zero, or just Rem :|
I will still pick it up again and watch it.

On the other hand, people are generaly more hatefull on the internet where no one knows who you are. You can talk all the shit you want whitout any real consequences. Unlike in real life.

"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
Sep 23, 2016 5:37 PM

Jul 2012
Media is an escapism, a lot of people speak their minds, its easier to be negative than positive. Lots of reasons.
Sep 23, 2016 5:46 PM

Sep 2014
The average MAL rating is 7.xx so I don't see why the few reviews that have gone top should be taken as the indicator.

Jans6ever said:
The most helpful and hence top review of Re:Zero was a positive one, rating it as a 9

But that review, that represented the majority of the people who watched the show, got deleted who knows for what reason

This is the reason for the specific one you are talking about anyway. Nice spot Jans.

People aren't overtly negative for the most part but like in any group, the extremes are often the most vocal and re:zero was a hot topic. Trust me it was even harder to get away from the fanboys than the cynics even though both were inescapable unless you deserted most anime sites.

Sep 23, 2016 6:00 PM

Apr 2016
Ever played a MOBA? I mean, people are generally negative, arrogant, shitty, etc.

I'd say the anime community is pretty good off how it is, it's mostly people putting the word 'tard' after the name of someones favorite anime or telling others that their argument is invalid because they gave anime X a rating of Y.
Sep 23, 2016 6:02 PM

Mar 2016
I'm negative when it comes to talking about anime. That stuff's boring as crap. When it comes to talking about other things, no.

This website's full of pessimists, get over it.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Sep 23, 2016 6:30 PM

Feb 2016
FANDOMS

thats what if you go to a place with serious discussions about shows then yeah negativity is a common thing I have seen it everywhere

In the ASOIF/GoT community/DW community/SW rebels community/SW community in general/Tolkien fans

Anime fandom isnt special its just another fandom.
Sep 23, 2016 7:40 PM

Jul 2014
Shit anime+popularity = get a lot negative response.
Sep 23, 2016 7:45 PM

Feb 2015
Bowie said:
Anime isn't about positivity.The fuck type of anime you watch OP?
All I see is tiddies and onii-chan's getting some incest going.

That may be not a positive thing for you guys... But for me it sure is a good thing..
Sep 23, 2016 11:00 PM

Aug 2015
Jans6ever said:
The Best rated review of Re:Zero was a positive one, rating it as a 9 (i gave it an 8 aswell, i enjoyed the show a lot and i think is solid, though i understand what people might not like about it).

But that review, that represented the majority of the people who watched the show, got deleted who knows for what reason, so now only the negative reviews are left. And several ones of them are poor reviews, not because they are negative but because they are really bad reviews.

Also, this show has a lot of haters for reasons that are hard to explain so ill let you discover that, most of the anime fandom is preety positive about what they like and dont attack what they dont like, they just arent as noisy.
'But that review, that represented the majority of the people who watched the show, got deleted who knows for what reason, so now only the negative reviews are left. And several ones of them are poor reviews, not because they are negative but because they are really bad reviews.'
Well that's because MAL deletes reviews after a show is finished airing.If a show is good it will get positive reviews no matter what but if a show is average and is overhyped then it's certain it will get negative reviews after a show is finished airing and judging by your comment.....
ultravigoSep 23, 2016 11:28 PM
Sep 23, 2016 11:07 PM
Jul 2018
Sorry OP, but you made a serious post here. MAL doesn't like that.

OT: That happens because people are so fucking stupid that they don't understand everyone has different opinions. If it's a popular series, then it's normal. They do that to look "cool", "elitists". So retarded that they don't deserve attention. But people fall for it and give them attention, and actually support them. It gets to a point where you too have to say you hate that series, otherwise you are the one that'll get hate.
Sep 23, 2016 11:14 PM

Jul 2013
Because most of these guys have had crappy childhood (what a lot of people on folks on Crunchyroll have too if you do enough research on the polls section) and nerdy, pessimistic lives. I know you're annoyed or upset about this, but just let them cry in their mom's basement, closet, bathroom, etc while you become the bigger man learning better vocabulary and treating better people the way they want to be treated. Anime fans could cry in their mom's basement or even serve your fries like the sad, pathetic social rejects that they are.
Sep 23, 2016 11:29 PM

Aug 2015
@JokerVentura, It's not that the anime fans are negative, it's just the Internet m8. Better get used to it...
Sep 23, 2016 11:38 PM

Feb 2016
because internet is the best place to show evil side from humans
Sep 24, 2016 12:54 AM

Aug 2014
Z-Dante said:
@JokerVentura, It's not that the anime fans are negative, it's just the Internet m8. Better get used to it...

Anime fans are still going to be negative, whether it's on the Internet or in real life. The Internet just helps the hate flow quicker.
Sep 24, 2016 12:55 AM

Aug 2016
zal said:

Those are my personal ratings, that isnt me being negative, its my opinion

If I was being the kind of negative I've seen online, I would write a review and state every who gave it more is an idiot. I don't think this, but so many reviews I see on many anime seem to say this, that is the negativity I mean.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Sep 24, 2016 1:01 AM

Dec 2015
Yeah I absolutely agree. Its like these forums exist to shit on everything related to anime. Ever.
You can only interact and discuss normally with people that are your friends, becuz they dont act like negative cunts
Sep 24, 2016 1:16 AM

May 2015
JokerVentura said:
zal said:

Those are my personal ratings, that isnt me being negative, its my opinion

If I was being the kind of negative I've seen online, I would write a review and state every who gave it more is an idiot. I don't think this, but so many reviews I see on many anime seem to say this, that is the negativity I mean.
The thing is that if someone makes a negative review just stating his opinion there will be tens of fanboys that will spam their comment section with hate comments and the excessive negativity of the review is just a reaction to them.
You probably are referring to the top review of Re:Zero that rated it a 3 right?
2 months ago that review just said his opinion that Re:Zero kinda sucks but after many fans posted retarded comments on his profile he reacted like that.
zalSep 24, 2016 5:50 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2016 1:20 AM

May 2015
Why do you expect to discuss things without hearing negative opinions?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Sep 24, 2016 1:25 AM

Sep 2016
negativity is better than hugbox WOWWW SO GOOD XDDDDD
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 24, 2016 1:37 AM

Apr 2013
Why are people negative in general?

Because people like negativity. They have an aversion towards excessive positivity because it feels artificial -- it feels artificial because they're so used to being negative all the time and suddenly changing an incredibly significant part of your worldview freaks you the fuck out subconsciously.

Consistency can be managed, but when things start changing, that's considered unpredictable and threatening.
Sep 24, 2016 1:46 AM

Jul 2013
Anime fans love their salt too much after all.
Sep 24, 2016 2:04 AM

Feb 2016
Just look at the rating Re: Zero has, its the best its fans could hope for regarding its quality, thats positive I guess?
LeWeebJames said:
Let's spit some facts first,if the most up rated reviews of Re:Zero are negative is cause they did a critical review instead of giving it a 10 and say how it totally isn't a generic light novel like a fuckn retard.Also One Piece is better then Naruto and that's facts.

I agree with the first part, but why would OP be better than Naruto? I dont see the obvious superiority except for filler percentage.
Ezekiel said:
zal said:
Those scores are fairly accurate. I love Miyazaki, but Howl's Moving Castle is kind of a mess. I don't know why it's rated so much higher here than almost all his other movies.

I dont care about Miyazaki but rating GitS a 5 is a clear display of shit taste
SpaghettiSpikeSep 24, 2016 2:09 AM

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Sep 24, 2016 2:04 AM

Jul 2015
Seidou_Takizawa said:
Just because people have a different opinion than yours about a certain show doesnt mean that the whole community is negative...

tragedydesu said:
rem didnt win = 1/10

Emilia is best girl after all ;)

emilia was a boring character
after all rem did you still think emilia is better lol ...
rem all the way <3
Sep 24, 2016 2:13 AM

Jun 2016
I'm not sure about this topic. Since I've meet a bunch of anime lovers in real life, but they are not negative as what this forum says.
they're open on everything and very fun to be with. maybe you see or met negative fans are only on internet not in reality.

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Sep 24, 2016 3:27 AM

Nov 2008
Dishonest said:
Ezekiel said:

Not really. The movie has obvious flaws, mostly from trying to condense several manga chapters into one story and relying a lot on exposition rather than subtle visual storytelling. The animation is cheap for a movie, with lots of stills and the characters not moving for most of the dialogue. I also find the song that plays in the intro and middle kind of grating and melodramatic after a while. I prefer the U2/Brian Eno song at the end in the localized version over the same song a third time. I rate it a 7 when I'm enjoying it and a 6 when I don't. Maybe my next viewing will be more pleasurable.
EzekielSep 24, 2016 3:35 AM

Sep 24, 2016 3:38 AM

Feb 2016
Ezekiel said:
Dishonest said:

Not really. The movie has obvious flaws, mostly from trying to condense several manga chapters into one story and relying a lot on exposition rather than subtle visual storytelling. The animation is cheap for a movie, with lots of stills and the characters not moving for most of the dialogue. I also find the song that plays in the intro and middle kind of grating after a while. I'm glad the original version has a song by U2 in the credits instead of the same music a third time. I rate it a 7 when I'm enjoying it and a 6 when I don't. Maybe my next viewing will be more pleasurable.

I dont know about the manga part but the animation for sure isnt bad for a 1995 year production, the soundtrack is one of the best(that sounds too subjective so i should say 'matching') out there, also the dialogues are pretty short. No way would i call that a 5/average, you also rate it between 6 and 7.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Sep 24, 2016 3:41 AM

Mar 2016
Everything is better with a touch of salt
Sep 24, 2016 3:46 AM

Oct 2010
Internet is negative, in general. And the anime fandom is like 99% active on the internet in some way or the other, where confrontations over petty stuff happen every day and hour. I also blame the typical "anime is shit" memes that people repeat just for the laughs and giggles.
Sep 24, 2016 3:50 AM
Sep 2015
Global mean score is around 7. This shows us that there are more positive people than negative people. I think negative people (let's say haters) are more willing to show themselves than positive people (and lovers). Haters just can't stand lovers and try to surpass them. I just generalized the anime/manga fan community, so of course there are exceptions.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

self-suff-des - 25 minutes ago

10 by Rinrinka »»
36 seconds ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

122 by logopolis »»
4 minutes ago

» How is anime doing in the UK these days?

VeryRedBags - 2 hours ago

3 by VeryRedBags »»
6 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

208 by PurplePants »»
9 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

982 by xaacaa »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.