Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 23, 2016 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Teko and Pikari in diving gear to explore the ocean in the finale episode? Nice!

I like how Teko experiences it like it's a miracle of such a world that exists under the waters. Truly is amazing tbh. I think overall the show captured the style of the manga and the comedy overall was very fun to watch from start to finish.

Beautiful finale as well. 8/10. Perfect show for the Summer. Lets-a-go! FUN for ALL. ALL for FUN!
Sep 23, 2016 8:34 AM

Apr 2010
I am going to miss this it was a nice anime.
The manga is nice as well but it was fun seeing the characters animated.
Ane san kicking otouto kun all the time and the teachers supporting the club they where in a nice school.
And now we have to wait till 2017 for the special.
Sep 23, 2016 9:10 AM

Jan 2015
This episode is just perfect as the last. Teko finally having the excitement of sea-diving and have a "confession" for Pikari in the end. >_<
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 23, 2016 9:13 AM

May 2012
What a nice way to end things. That bgm used for this episode was great.

Like Stark said, a perfect show for the summer and great ending to the summer.

Sep 23, 2016 9:16 AM

Jan 2012
And so we end with Teko's first dive, and getting her C Class License. And with a little more of that yurilicious Teko x Pikari goodness. XD I have nearly nothing to say about this other than it was exactly what I expected. A pure healing anime, very calming and soothing, with plenty of stunningly beautiful visual moments. Very enjoyable, 8/10.
Sep 23, 2016 9:18 AM

Dec 2014
Beautiful finale to an amazing anime.

The soundtrack for this episode was just fantastic and together with the diving scenes was just breathtaking.
Loved seeing Teko enjoy the diving and experiencing the world underwater, Had a huge grin on my face throughout the entire episode.

Nice that she passed the test and got her license.
Sunset scene with Pikari and Teko was just so sweet and heartwarming. Daisuki and the blushing was just way too much for me to handle. <3
Teko X Pikari Forever XD
Fun for All, All for Fun!
A very fitting final frame for the series. :)

Overall, Amanchu! was nothing short of spectacular. Every episode was relaxing, charming, enchanting, fun and often left me with nothing but a huge grin on my face. Loved the overall atmosphere of the show, Beautiful, tranquil and pure bliss. There were just way too many captivating moments that left me entranced, The Pool scene, The Cherry Blossom view, The Chalk Drawing, The Hydrangea, All the Teko and Pikari moments especially the gift giving, The final diving and many more, were all Mesmerizing, Heartfelt and Heartwarming. Teko’s monologues also added so much to the beauty of each scene.
All the characters were lovable and I absolutely adore the friendship between Teko and Pikari, The way it unfolded was just so natural and sweet. The show also had a really nice uplifting message of living every moment to the fullest, Having fun no matter the circumstance and learning from your experiences.
To quote the first episode of the series ”Fun is Infinite.”
Mine was too,
10/10
Let’s-a-go, 2nd season please. Will probably pick up the manga as well I guess.
Sep 23, 2016 9:26 AM

Apr 2014
That was a really nice and relaxing finale

Teko finally getting her diving licence

Sep 23, 2016 9:36 AM
Jul 2018
The ocean was so beautiful.

Teko finally got her diving license!
Sep 23, 2016 9:39 AM

Nov 2012
a great way to end this series, the scenes underwater were so nice :>
7/10 from me, a nice summer series~
Sep 23, 2016 9:56 AM

Feb 2013
This was great. A very nice relaxing show, with some great artwork, and pretty funny at times :)

8/10
Sep 23, 2016 10:02 AM

Jun 2014
Easily one of my favorites this season. This show was so chill and comfy and fun to watch, all of the characters were super lovable, their own little distinct faces were fun, the directing was great, the setting and backgrounds were truly beautiful, all of those amazing nature shots were so pleasant to look at. Perfect show to watch in the summer. Sensei was the best though, but Teko and Pikari were also the best xD. Also, this had excellent voice acting and the OST was nice and relaxing.
:3
Sep 23, 2016 10:20 AM

Dec 2015
Eleven episodes of nonsense until we finally get to the diving and it was underwhelming and disappointing just like this show has been overall. Mostly just dark plain backgrounds and some surprisingly low grade animation.
Honestly I don't know why people are blowing smoke up this show's butt. It was poorly paced, had cookie cutter characters and failed to deliver on what should have been the core premise of the show.

In my opinion Amanchu! has been nothing but a disappointment, after Flying Witch I had expected better things from J.C Staff.

4/10
Sep 23, 2016 10:27 AM

Dec 2014
What a sweet way to end a sweet series.

I love this thing and will miss it. The characters, and the life lessons in particular. As much as I would like more, I think this is a good enough conclusion as is, plus there's an OVA coming in March (which will take an eternity to get subbed but w/e).

9/10

On a side note, I find it funny that when I posted this comment the last post was from a guy who has a completely different point of view on this show than me. That being said, I definitely can see why he (@Bobby2Hands) was disappointed in this series, and I'm cool with it. I love seeing different perspectives on anime that I like.
Sep 23, 2016 10:41 AM

Feb 2014

LOL, that right there is probably the most embarrassing line she has uttered, and that's saying something.

Teko finally got to dive in the ocean, and watching her getting excited about every little thing she saw under water, especially when she was gushing about the shape of the bubbles, brought a big dumb smile on my face.
And that was a simple yet inspiring message towards the end.
Overall, this gets an 8/10 from me.
Sep 23, 2016 10:41 AM

Mar 2013
Yet another good, no great, nay amazing anime is now over and I'm already sad but it ended with teko finally being able to dive. this is an anime I'm truly going to miss something about this is not only enjoyable but relaxing maybe it's just me but I found it relaxing at times. I have to say I loved the underwater visuals in this episode so many bubbles. that confession at the end I was hopping for them to kiss even though I know they wouldn't but I would have loved for that to have happened or at least for teko to say she loves her too that would have been better. I'm truly hopping this continues but for now I'm satisfied and now I'll wait for the special.
Sep 23, 2016 10:58 AM

Mar 2016
Absolutely beautiful episode. The soundtrack in this episode was amazing as well :D
It was a really nice and heartwarming show overall. I'm gonna miss it. Can't wait to see the OVA. 8/10

Does anybody know the name of the OST playing during the episode?
RyunuosukeSep 23, 2016 11:02 AM

Sep 23, 2016 11:04 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
8/10

You couldn't have made a better payoff for this show. Beautiful OST used in the finale and very nice underwater scenery. Beautiful, man.
Sep 23, 2016 11:12 AM

Dec 2015
Why do people keep saying the scenery was nice?
There was about 30 seconds of this level scenery

Not exactly mind blowing stuff.

And pretty much every single other shot from that point onwards was set to a plain dark blue background like this.

That's not good, it's cheap and bad and you should be offended that they put in such little effort.
Sep 23, 2016 11:14 AM

May 2008
Teko finally got her open water diving license! She's come such a long way! You can't help but feel proud of her for it.

A perfect ending for Amanchu, in my opinion. The OST and the art just came together nicely.

I'm rating this somewhere between an 8 to 9 out of 10.
Sep 23, 2016 11:24 AM

Jun 2013
Such a beautiful end to a beautiful anime that was adapted to near perfection!
The last scene between Teko and PIkari was so beautiful and ahhh i love them!
Would like a second season obviously, but if not, this was a good place to end it!
Can't wait to see the OVA next year!
10/10 off to add this to my favorites.
Sep 23, 2016 11:26 AM

Feb 2014
Ryunuosuke said:
Does anybody know the name of the OST playing during the episode?

Aquamarine and Turquoise.
Sep 23, 2016 11:47 AM

Nov 2010
Dear Amanchu, welcome to my top 10.

This was an amazing ride, peaceful, relaxing. can't wait to rewatch the show and enjoy it again.
I hope there comes a time where we see a second season, but i think that might be too far ahead.

Anyway, this was my fav Anime of the season.

10/10
Sep 23, 2016 11:53 AM

Sep 2014
Heartwarming finale, I enjoyed it quite a lot.
Sep 23, 2016 2:39 PM

May 2015
It was a good SoL, I was a bit let down by the fact that we didn't get much diving episodes, but it was still an enjoyable watch.

A solid 7/10 and I don't mind watching it in the future may a second season show itself.
Sep 23, 2016 3:28 PM

Aug 2014
Finally got my diving episode and was not disappointed. Definitely the best episode in the series.
Sep 23, 2016 3:41 PM

May 2015
Amazing and sweet finale.

This show was definitely one of my favorites this season. Heartwarming and relaxing. Can't wait for the OVA.

9/10.

Sep 23, 2016 3:50 PM

Oct 2013
I actually felt proud of Teko at the end. These Chinese cartoons are so manipulative.

My score is 8/10. I would watch another season and I'll certainly buy this.
redtailravSep 26, 2016 5:43 PM
Sep 23, 2016 3:57 PM
Jul 2018
That was a really worthy finale to such a great show. I love the atmosphere and music this series has. the characters are adorable and the development Teko went through was thoroughly enjoyable to watch unfold. This show is really underrated, AOTS by a long shot and I'd give it a 9/10. (Mob Psycho 100 is good too tho)
Sep 23, 2016 4:10 PM

Sep 2013
Nice and fitting 'dive' to end this series. A good series with great atmosphere but a bit bland scenes as well. Overall go PikarixTeko!!!
Sep 23, 2016 5:05 PM

Apr 2014
great end to this great series every thing about this final ep was amazing especially loved the Hikari x Futaba moments

really gonna miss this series as it was one of my faves of the season

great series and hoping for a season 2 sometime in the future
"one step at a time"
Sep 23, 2016 5:38 PM
Sep 2011
Best episode of amanchu, uggh i need season 2 :(
Sep 23, 2016 7:05 PM

May 2011
As expected, the diving scene was beautiful. Definitely going to miss this. Very relaxing and soothing Anime through and through. Not quite on Aria's level but certainly one of my favorites. It honestly took me a couple of episodes to get used to the slightly saccharine attitudes of some of the characters but once I got over that it turned into a very pleasant ride.
Sep 23, 2016 7:29 PM

Jul 2015
The ending left me a really nice fulfillment feeling, almost to think that maybe this doesn't even need a second season, but anyway, SECOND SEASON PLEASE! :3
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Sep 23, 2016 8:07 PM

May 2011
Bobby2Hands said:
Why do people keep saying the scenery was nice?
There was about 30 seconds of this level scenery

Not exactly mind blowing stuff.

And pretty much every single other shot from that point onwards was set to a plain dark blue background like this.

That's not good, it's cheap and bad and you should be offended that they put in such little effort.

lol probably it's illusion created by the tension itself, when u watch amanchu ur mind playing with u then everything is became beautiful even the scene quality is plain. just like aria :P
Sep 23, 2016 10:04 PM

Jun 2014
What a great ending! This was such a chill and relaxing summer fun anime!

Overall 8/10!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 23, 2016 10:05 PM

Jun 2013
I am a man. And I am an adult. Yet I giggled like a kid at how cute this part was. It's those faces, man.

A solid ending to a really nice series. Glad I picked it up!
Sep 23, 2016 10:49 PM

Jan 2013
The animation this episode was beautiful. It was exactly what I was expecting in the final episode. 8.5/10
Sep 23, 2016 11:23 PM

Jun 2013
Futaba's first ocean dive goes quite well. She initially got scared because she saw a never ending sea beneath her. She couldn't see where that abyss ended and it scared her. But when she looked at it as a new world with many mysteries, it didn't feel so scary. And then things go pretty smoothly and she passes. The music during the underwater time was pretty good and made things feel better.

The show was about Futaba getting over her fear of trying new things as she goes for something she didn't think she would do before coming to this school. She goes for something new and despite having second thoughts at first, she ends up doing it and experiences something new which she enjoys. And she has Pikari to thank for that because simply looking at Pikari going headfirst into almost everything without being afraid was enough to make her want to give things another try. The anime showed this quite nicely. It felt like it had a less peaceful environment as compared to Aria or last season's Flying Witch, but it was still a great watch nevertheless. The cats didn't come off as amusing or cute though, but that's a minor issue. Overall a very good show.
Sep 23, 2016 11:31 PM

Jul 2012
The last and best episode for me! See the excitement of Teko and Pikari diving into the ocean for the first time was great.

The OP is by far the best of the season.

Overall 7/10! :)~
Sep 23, 2016 11:47 PM

Jun 2012
That was great, gonna miss my weekly dose of relaxation and comfiness. This gave me a renewed desire to read the manga, will do during the wait for that special episode :)
Sep 24, 2016 3:31 AM

May 2010
This was beauty in anime form. I don't see why people give it any score less than 8 but oh well. I mean, it's so perfect? And positive. And motivational. And inspirational. And the staff was really dedicated to it. And the characters were all great esp. Teko's development was amazing. Pikari was really a "light" as her names suggest she is. I adore their bond, and I adore the small-but-great cast.

I don't know.
This episode was one of the best from this series.

I can't give it a score less than 10/10, I learnt from it.
Would love, love, love to have a S2. More Aria-esque anime are always appreciated.
Sep 24, 2016 2:20 PM

Aug 2013
Solid SOL series with excellent artwork and animation (excluding chibi/deformed moments). 8/10.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 24, 2016 3:23 PM

May 2015
Some nice diving this episode. Teko's talk with Pikari at the end was probably one of my favorite scenes in this series. A very nice way to end this series.

Now, this series didn't necessarily appeal to me, but I watched and enjoyed it somewhat because of some people hyping it. It was a relaxing series.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Sep 25, 2016 1:46 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
And so the end is finally upon us
The day of the open sea test is finally here

Diving in Japan must be a really popular sport

The cats rolling on the mats though was adorable

The subject of diving is not something that you find often in anime's but here it was
explained pretty well and everything is authentic right down to the buddy checks.

Who knew that the world beneath the sea was so beautiful though

The insert song that they played as Teko was demonstrating her knowledge was pretty good and im glad to see that Teko managed to do all that without any problems.

Im glad that in the end Teko managed to pass the test successfully

Beautiful ending and a great end to the series
Teko and Pikari were excellent characters and i loved the story as well
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2016 4:16 AM

Nov 2011
It was clear that the end of the anime series, coincided with the first dive of Teko in the sea, but I wanted some other episode more. It's pretty narration, background music very nice coupled to the moment when the protagonists are immersed. Drawings and animations, good, I hope there is a sequel, why is immediately said, I really loved this anime series. Very nice the opening and ending.

My vote is 8/10.

FUN for ALL. ALL for FUN!
Sep 25, 2016 6:57 AM

Dec 2012
Perfect episode to end the anime, the OSTs and the animation were beautiful. Teko was so happy :)
Sep 25, 2016 9:02 AM

Nov 2011
Music and animation in the last episode was outFREAKINGstanding. It took 12 episodes to give me some kind of Yuri interaction though, but we got it haha.

Solid anime 7/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 25, 2016 11:50 AM

Dec 2014
I WANT MOREEEE :((( im so depressed now :(((

Sep 25, 2016 5:14 PM

Jul 2009
How can I not ship Pikari and Teko after that moment in the end?! Really...
The music during the diving was beautiful.
7/10
Sep 26, 2016 2:15 PM

Jun 2013
the cats are weird but that's why they're cute and the finally went diving in the real ocean man that's just fucking amazing
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amanchu! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2016

69 by Karva1 »»
Feb 15, 6:36 PM

Poll: » Amanchu! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2016

186 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Amanchu! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2016

113 by Gyarutsundere »»
Sep 10, 2023 1:12 AM

Poll: » Amanchu! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2016

59 by Gyarutsundere »»
Sep 1, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Amanchu! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2016

63 by Gyarutsundere »»
Sep 1, 2023 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.