Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Hanazamurai no Sahara Chapter 3 Discussion

Sep 22, 2016 1:37 PM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So he's more than 100 years old & his goal is to plant the seed which will restore all vegetation on the planet. Fighting the pod which creates all the warriors was fine but the other scientist being the one who controls the pod (the final page) was a bit too cliche.

P.S. So in total it'll be only 4 chapters? I was expecting more
                 Sometimes the things that matter the most are right in front of you. ~ SAO

Sep 22, 2016 3:34 PM

MoonStar9 said:
This manga gives off feelings of a manga that will end in 10 chapters, whether through cancellation or short ending.

SMH. I called it last chapter that this manga had the feeling of one that would end within 10 chapters but it's less than half of that.

The minute I saw Kae I thought she looked just like Yae, especially the eyes. Wasn't expecting a relative but I'm happy she doesn't have to be alone anymore. Especially considering the foreshadowed "scattering" of Sahara that will probably happen next chapter after he exerts himself again. Wonder if it will be explained how he reformed his body or if that was just a legend. Sahara and Yae remind me so much of Kenshin and Kaoru from Rurouni Kenshin.

Sep 22, 2016 9:25 PM
Well honestly I had hoped that this story would continue for a bit longer. It had some promise, but now its just going to end quickly. Hopefully everything gets explained in the next chapter since its going to be the last one I guess. All in all I expect big things from this final chapter. At least it was a pretty good short story.

Hopefully we get a nice concluding fight between Sahara and the other scientist (who I am assuming was the character on the final page). I am guessing Sahara and Masumuna had a falling out and this fight will finally end the feud. Sahara beating down the A.W.'s and restoring the world back to being fertile seems like a nice ending there. Also, its nice the Yae found someone in her family to go live with now too since the adventure is over.
Modified by Mugiwara_no_Alex, Sep 22, 2016 9:40 PM

Sep 23, 2016 1:59 AM

They pulled a Trigun like story and just when it could have gotten good, it just so ends in the next chapter .-.

Sep 23, 2016 2:49 AM

So next chapter is the last one, huh?

Nevermind, good chapter. We know more about Sahara and his backstory.

Sep 23, 2016 11:49 AM

Well, this is published in Jump GIGA, which is the newly renamed NEXT!!. The published stories are mostly one-shots, spin-offs, collaborative work, or short stories. This manga was going to be short from the very beginning, so it isn't as though it is getting cancelled. One shots in this magazine have a chance of making it into the weekly magazine, but I don't think this manga has what it takes to be a long-running weekly series, tbh. It might be okay as a monthly series, though.

Sep 27, 2016 11:31 AM

2 geniuses made inventions and they got abused by the gov and army, typical.
The AW was actually Tae's granny and sahara is one of the scientist :O
Might end next ch.

Sep 27, 2016 11:44 AM

I'm glad it's a short series. I don't see its plot going any further than what we had until now, so it won't feel forced.

Oct 26, 2016 1:03 PM

Good on Yae for finally trying to be useful for once.