Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 25, 2016 7:50 AM

Sep 2015
the show sort of became unfunny towards the end unfortunately. it honestly could have been a lot better with some more development but oh well
Sep 25, 2016 8:31 AM

Aug 2013
Attention please.
Where to start manga after watching anime?

8/10 btw.
Studio Feel wasn't disappointed me again.
rsc-plSep 25, 2016 11:24 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 25, 2016 8:43 AM

Feb 2013
rsc-pl said:
Attention please.
Where to start manga after watching anime?

check this as well:
Skipped chapters of KonoBi:
5 (Making posters for occult club)
6 (Sketch contest, takes place outside the school)
16 (Lolimaki chapter, shortened in anime)
17 (A Collette and Yumeko-sensei chapter)
23 (Imari wants to create her own club)
35-36 (Usami's love letter)
36.5 ("Sketch what you draw" raffle chapter)
37 (Introductory chapter of Nonoka, the girl who gave the drink to the President *episode 11*)

Final episode (12) adapts chapter 33.5 (B part) and chapter 38 (part A). So yeah you can start at chapter 38.5 (or 38b on some site).

edit: fix spaces and chap #
ChijSep 25, 2016 8:47 AM
Sep 26, 2016 7:36 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
"I've fallen in love with Usami", that makes me open my mouth for a while in awe

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 26, 2016 4:17 PM

Oct 2008
It was kind of cute, though nothing extra have happened.
There were moments it felt a little dragged.
Solid 7/10.
Sep 27, 2016 1:03 AM

Mar 2016
So with the president having been behind the couch the entire time, I just had to go back and see if he was visible. Not only was this the case, but he actually shifted himself closer to the conversation as the scene progressed. lol

Also, a wild Collette was spotted in her most befitting location:

ChromeEagleSep 27, 2016 1:10 AM
Sep 27, 2016 8:08 AM

Jun 2011
Gosh I love the fact that Usami is not easy, such a strong female protagonist. *approved*

Still a really great series overall, but it has a problem that most anime series that started out great face, that the inevitable fall in writing quality in the latter half, though the drop isn't as apparent as the other series, I feel like at a point, the series is beating a dead horse, the same troupe of comedy being used over and over again, to the point where the series felt stagnant and one-dimentionalized the characters for a set period of time until the author found new materials / developments to write about. It isn't as huge of a problem since the series is still enjoyable, but it will eventually wear out.

Anyway, greatly made anime series with great art, animation, directing and soundtrack. The animators really did brought the series to life, an amazing feeling that I have not gotten in a very long while from an anime. Wish this could have gotten a second season someday.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 27, 2016 11:36 AM

Aug 2015
Well, I already liked the manga and the anime was certainly a good adaption. But somehow it's only nice and nothing more. The comedy is enjoyable, but never outstanding. I can't even think of a single memorable scene except maybe the end.

It felt like the anime was never trying to go for big laughs or some bigger buildup, just always remaining on the same level of "enjoyable". Nothing wrong with that, but it thus fails to leave a stronger impression on me. Nice series overall 7/10.
I think I really prefer this kind of stuff as manga.
Sep 27, 2016 3:38 PM

Sep 2013
A nice series overall but could be better with more Colette and Maria moments. Agree that Uchimaki is a great troll, and Moeka lives upto her name. Btw liked side characters more than Usami!!!
Sep 27, 2016 9:29 PM

Mar 2009
Maybe, just maybe Uchimaki finally started to notice Usami at the end. She did look quite beautiful there.

Extremely underrated anime this season. This show did such a good job at defying expectations. I expected Imari to be your typical annoying chuunibyou girl, for example, but she ended up being very pleasant and genuine. Great cast in general, including Collette and the wonderfully cute and busty sensei. Funny show, too. But what really sold me was Usami and her assertive nature as the female lead. She really pursued the relationship with Uchimaki as much as she could - asking for his phone number, among other things. So many of these female leads act too shy, but Usami managed to be quite assertive, all the while being very shy and sweet. It was very refreshing. One of the best female characters of the season.

All in all, great show. I'll miss it.
Sep 28, 2016 3:48 AM

Dec 2015
Gonna miss this show. Definitely one of y favorites from this season.

When he opened the umbrella with the anime girl on top it had me dying laughing for some reason lol

8.5/10
Sep 28, 2016 6:40 AM

Nov 2011
Ending that satisfies me fully, there is a step forward in the history and the fun is also very good throughout the episode, it was premature to do now Usami and Uchimaki madly in love, it would be a bit strange. There would still be more to talk about, but that's okay. The drawings, animations and scenarios, are excellent. Studio Feel, has done a good job. I agree with those who have been betrayed by the different and interesting departure of the anime, but despite the many stereotypes in the round, I have to say that to me liked for its lightness and sympathy. Lovable characters from the cast, although not very characterized. Another thing I liked of this anime series, is the soundtrack, along with the opening and ending.

7.5/10.
terrablu2003Sep 28, 2016 6:43 AM
Sep 28, 2016 10:39 PM

Apr 2016
rinneganfire4u said:
Btw liked side characters more than Usami!!!

Same here, I watched it more for most of the side characters than the main two.

Overall, as a romance or romantic comedy it was pretty lame, but as a cute and funny SoL, it was pretty okay.
Sep 29, 2016 3:22 AM

Jul 2009
That part where Uchimaki says that he is in love with Usami was very fun, poor Usami, it's a hard battle.
7/10
Sep 29, 2016 4:06 AM

Jul 2015
It's here. I have been waiting for Usamimi umbrella for a long time now. And it's finally here. Rest of the episode was just as good as I remember it, and the ending was nice, despite the fact that basically nothing happened at all, and essentially no progress was made in that relationship by the end of this anime.

Most anime I watch end far worse then they began (Freaking Tabboo Tattoo is a disappointment), or end just as good as they started, if not a tiny bit better. This anime, surprisingly, ended up way better than it began for me, like, I was disappointed in the beginning, but every episode was more enjoyable than the last and I ended up loving this in the end. 8/10.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 29, 2016 9:22 AM

Jul 2015
Love this anime. Hopefully get another season.
I love every characters in this series
Strong 8/10 from me
Sep 29, 2016 11:38 AM

Apr 2014
Another one of good anime shows this summer ended. I'm really gonna miss this.
I wish they would make a sequel TV Series but it's unlikely gonna happen anytime soon.
Well, I could just resume reading the manga. Anyway, I'll rate this anime an 8 out of 10 score overall.
But damn it, Why Ayane Sakura's character was just a character from a anime tv show?! (An anime inside an anime tv show?!)
Haters always gonna hate.
Sep 30, 2016 9:07 AM

Dec 2012
Definitely a more mellow episode. I love that moment when Mizuki teased Uchimaki about how he can't use her first name so easily. Despite what he says, that definitely knocked him off his feet for sure.

Overall this was just a gold mine of feel good fun. Plenty of hilarity but also some really heartwarming moments such as when they painted in the pool and made that big paint tube. And of course, Mizuki was simply adorable beyond words. You just can't get enough of that. One of the nice touches to this series was its subtlety. They never mentioned Collette in the locker in the first episode, Mizuki & Uchimaki never notice Collette was the space mask girl they met a year ago, and Koyama having a picture of Moeka on his desk long before it's revealed she's his granddaughter.

8.5/10, my hidden gem of the summer. I like shows like this but I never thought I'd love this one so much.
Sep 30, 2016 10:28 AM

Nov 2014
Great anime and awesome episode. Best comedy of this season. It's one of few anime that actually made me laugh and not just chuckle or smile.

But... I need more. Seriously.
Oct 1, 2016 1:58 PM

Jul 2014
the series is kinda short, but i understand it because of source-material problem
anyway this series is good with mix of romance & comedy, you always wanting to be see the next episode, all episodes we're good

i was hoping for more UchimakixUsami :)
good show 8/10
Oct 2, 2016 11:43 AM

Dec 2012
This anime needed a second cour :/. I'm happy that it was focused on them, they are so cute together and I love how Uchimaki only thinks to his waifu xD. The opening and the ending were great and I laughed a lot during all episodes. Really a great comedy.
Usami best girl of the season!.
Oct 2, 2016 8:29 PM

Nov 2008
I wish that there had been more development on their relationship. He still doesn't know how she feels, I would have liked to at least have them both be aware of their feelings for each other. Then again, this is middle school. Lol

Overall, it was a nice show. I enjoyed watching it, but nothing really stood out. Still, I would not mind a new season.

7.5/10
Oct 6, 2016 11:02 AM

Feb 2014
originally i only watched this as a distraction from re:zero's dark grim theme, now when both are over i must say this anime is very forgettable.. it only good while it lasts. cute chars but boring plot.. again. i won't be surprised if we have another recycled version next year with similar characters template.
Oct 11, 2016 1:56 PM

May 2012
Pretty bland ending to be honest, but well I expected it somewhere! Still a fun watch to be honest. All in all a good anime!
Oct 12, 2016 4:07 PM

Sep 2008
It was fun and relaxing to watch this anime
would give it another go after some time... and if there is sequel one day i'm watching it ~
Usami <3
~_~ !
Oct 15, 2016 10:16 AM

Jan 2014
they didn't make a progress at all. I thought they're gonna date each other.
Oct 17, 2016 5:14 PM

Oct 2012
Nice ending episode! It would be great if she actually tell him something but than again he needs to realize she is more important to him than all of his 2D characters so that sentence alone wouldn't be much of effect anyway.
What's more important is that their relationship works and there is real chemistry between them.
Given time I'm certain they'll find a way to each other.

7/10 Pretty funny and enjoyable anime, similiar to GJ-bu. And the slice-of-life romance was done pretty well too.
Oct 18, 2016 8:40 PM

Apr 2014
I guess that was the ending I expected, not much. Still enjoy the opening song and teacher give me a call any day.
Oct 22, 2016 10:15 AM

Jun 2013
I liked it. I thought it might end up like other slice-of-life shows where things like romance and drama are sidelined but thankfully this wasn't like that. It was well-balanced. The last part was much expected. 7.5/10
Oct 23, 2016 6:22 PM

Jan 2013
About as sweet of an ending as one could expect.
7.5/10
Oct 28, 2016 2:55 PM

Oct 2009
Collette forever.
Nov 11, 2016 12:19 AM

Apr 2013
What the actual fuck Imari LOL!! Oh my gosh that ending too. Of course it went that way.

Oh well, I enjoyed it. Nothing more and nothing less.

6/10
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Nov 22, 2016 7:44 PM

Jun 2016
Anyone knows what chapters were adabted in this anime, i want to read the manga

designed by
      *iaLEY
Dec 10, 2016 8:15 AM

Apr 2015
Kaori shoulda hidden her umbrella for maximum effect

Lost a bit of charm towards the end but the characters were strong enough to carry the show...they did everything a romcom does while keeping the tone distinct to a normal romcom, which is good I think
Overall a strong series, achieved what the audience expected extremely well 7/10
Dec 20, 2016 8:35 AM

Mar 2015
This was a fun watch, though Uchimaki's never-ending obsession with the 2D world was a bit overbearing at times.

8/10!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 1, 2017 10:27 AM

Oct 2013
The ending was pretty boring and average, i actually feel sorry for Mizuki, why even bother chasing over a dense guy like Uchimaki, it really hurts to watch, i mean there's a limit for cluelessness for a MC right ?

The story went with the super dense MC pattern with a little bit of twist, in this case the MC is an Otaku, i watched this series 'till the end purely because of Collette her cuteness saved the entire series tbh.

Overall score 6/10 with me being considerable
Jan 6, 2017 10:39 AM

Sep 2016
surprisingly good

usami like subaru, but too bad subaru loves emilia Kappa
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 8, 2017 11:43 AM

May 2015
what a relaxing and great last ep.
i knew i was getting trolled but i still fell for it anyway xD
how come i didn't hear about this at all when it was airing :(
i wish there was more romantic progress but this was super good.
pls season 2
Feb 3, 2017 10:09 PM

Sep 2011
So sad it has to end. I'll miss Usami and her cuteness. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH so frustrating that they didn't end up each other.

Apr 23, 2017 8:35 PM

Oct 2014
great anime. I didnt expect this to be good. 8/10 for me. Gonna follow the manga I think.
May 1, 2017 11:06 PM

May 2015
I'm surprised at how much I loved this anime! The comedy was on point and it had a great feel around it (realistic humor along with more or less natural cute moments that blends well together with the characters without being looking like it is forced)… the characters were great (the story and characters are smooth and well transitioned in various scenes), you were never bored, it was a great ride… season 2 when!?
Jun 10, 2017 2:19 AM

Jan 2010
this was such a great one :D ... i really wish that a 2nd season will be coming soon, i want mooore

This is one of those series that make me pick up the manga and continue it although i am not a big manga fan.

I really hoped that they'd go for a good ending where they end up together but meh, still alright, and Uchimaki's blushing at the end kind of spoiled something...hmm..

8/10, so close to a 9 :D
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Aug 14, 2017 8:07 AM

Mar 2015
It's quite funny and the characters are definitely endearing in some weird ways. The MC is quite relatable for some people... (not me obviously *cough*)

The way the characters interact definitely make me want to pick up the manga.

Aug 16, 2017 7:44 AM
Jul 2016
Anyone know, what chapter in manga after the Anime End ? Please...
Jan 21, 2018 6:24 PM

Sep 2007
Ahaha, what a fun series... And what a rockin' OP! That last ED shows that some characters didn't get any screen time at all like that girl with the President or those two with shifty eyes from Uchimaki's class. And the first time I saw Shizuka (Moeka's mom) I immediately thought "IS THAT HOTARU FROM NON NON BIYORI ALL GROWN UP?!" which I guess makes sense because these series have the same character designer :)

...and we still didn't get to know that "rival" student's name LOL

8/10, was much funnier than expected
Feb 15, 2018 6:40 AM

Aug 2008
Surprisingly enjoyable series. Other than chuuni stuff and borderline retarded teacher, humour worked pretty well most of the time. Would be nice to see continuation, chemistry between Usami and Uchimaki was developing nicely.

TragicRomance said:
Undines!!! Was that an Aria reference or what?
Boy, you should try stuff outside of anime and manga. Undines are water nymphs similar to nereids from some European mythologies (e. g. Slavic or Nordic). For some reason quite often referenced in anime.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 10, 2018 8:38 AM

Sep 2017
Nice episode. I loved how Katou acted as wingman for Usami. Also, Usami saying that she would not let him use her first name easily was such a good moment. But of course Uchimaki is not gonna budge.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Mar 27, 2018 5:32 AM
Aug 2017
Nice episode, It was overall very fun to watch this anime
And Usami-san is incredible cuteee and other char was nice too
Especially , Collette was cute and funny ( along with imari-san ) and usami-san's friend's were nice too.
8/10 from me, but I wanted more becoz the ending was not enough
I hope s2 or ova to come, Anyway It was very worth to watch this anime and I've liked it, I may write a review on it (tbh, I'm very lazy to do) :)
Also liked Usami-san and uchimaki bonding :)
Apr 2, 2018 11:34 AM
Apr 2018
Please make a Season 2 it really is my favorite anime! Even when I watched so many and good animes I still love kono bijutsubu ni wa mondai ga aru, so I beg to please make a season 2
Dec 31, 2018 2:45 PM

Mar 2014
Usamis friend is the ultimate wingman
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2016

71 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 5, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2016

86 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 5, 10:43 PM

Poll: » Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2016

89 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 5, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2016

78 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 5, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2016

85 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 5, 10:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.