Light Novel 'Knight's & Magic' Gets TV Anime Adaptation

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 22, 2016 9:38 PM

Jan 2013
Sounds awfully generic.
Sep 22, 2016 9:55 PM
Aug 2012
Heh why am i not surprised by the typical hate and BS from MAL..........i mean Mecha series are always hated at first sight here. Did we have an LN adaptation with actual Mecha battle before, i don't quite remember.

This one has actual Mecha and Action, not girls-in-bikini-armor with some Mecha Parts or guns slapped here or there. Hell it has minimal fanservice from what i remember from the first few volumes.

Also different than Konosuba and Re Zero in a sense that the MC starts out as a baby with his memories intact and actually tries to adapt and plan ahead instead of rushing. Also not a retarded NEET, but a productive member of the society and Mecha Otaku/Fan. His OPness actually makes sense.

Well it may put some time on technical aspects depending on how the studio adapts the LN so if people are bored by infodump or expecting another Hundred/HxH with girls in bikini armor, kindly stay away instead of whining.

Sep 22, 2016 10:26 PM

Aug 2012
Good, another recarnation anime. (The LN is ok/good but nothing amazing)

I hope they continue this trend so that we get adaptions of something like Kumo desu ga, Nani ka?, Tate no Yuusha, Spirit Migration or Seirei Gensouki... That would be great.

EDIT: Eh? Heibon desu yo?? is quite good too as it got a female MC (And writer) so I wouldn't mind that one either.
RabbiacSep 22, 2016 10:31 PM
Sep 23, 2016 8:14 AM

Oct 2010
Another LN adaptation. I await with relaxed breath.
Sep 23, 2016 10:38 AM

Aug 2013
Thank goodness there will be an anime for this. I can just follow this anime without waiting the LN and the manga.

This need a decent studio and I am too expecting a decent action~
Sep 24, 2016 12:27 AM

Mar 2010
IndigoBangarang said:
DatRandomDude said:

On the contrary, because of them we gonna get more of this genre. ._.

yeah, I lowkey hoped that Konosuba and Re:zero would be failures, so that Isekai wouldnt get too popular, but oh well most LN fads don't last much longer than 2-3 years. Anyways, mecha + isekai + shota MC are like my least favorite things, so I'm probably skipping this.

Other than concept those two aren't representative of it's typical genre conventions at all, which is why their popular to begin with.
Sep 24, 2016 1:12 AM

Apr 2013
Jagd84 said:
IndigoBangarang said:

yeah, I lowkey hoped that Konosuba and Re:zero would be failures, so that Isekai wouldnt get too popular, but oh well most LN fads don't last much longer than 2-3 years. Anyways, mecha + isekai + shota MC are like my least favorite things, so I'm probably skipping this.

Other than concept those two aren't representative of it's typical genre conventions at all, which is why their popular to begin with.

True, so far japan has done a good job with not adapting the most generic kind of Isekai. (well maybe besides this one, but it still has the mecha aspect) I'm not a fan of the Isekai trope, but I guess when it is done in a unique way its okay. I'm just worried that they will soon adapt all the trashy ones, that literally go like " I got incarnated as an OP cheat magician in a fantasy game like world."
Sep 24, 2016 8:57 AM
Mar 2012
Isekai silver haired half elf cute trap mech otaku?
I feel the trashy potential, but two elements i'm bound to watch regardless.

"Knight's" that apostrophe means something?
Sep 24, 2016 1:25 PM

Jun 2015
gophercg said:
Isekai silver haired half elf cute trap mech otaku?
I feel the trashy potential, but two elements i'm bound to watch regardless.

"Knight's" that apostrophe means something?

Apostrophe's are kewl!
Sep 24, 2016 2:59 PM

Nov 2008
It reeks of bad LN adaptation. Then again, the good LNs that are mecha are stuff like Advance of Z that never see an adaptation. Also, it wouldn't hurt to have originals in this genre, look at Dog Days, it was successful and got 3 seasons and it had a original premise to it's action.

Sep 24, 2016 4:42 PM

Jul 2014
A lot of anime only fans hating on this for being generic but there is absolutely nothing generic about this. There is no generic harem or romance in this and it's a big focus on MC and his friends becoming the greatest pilots of the mechas they call "silhouettes"

He uses his programming knowledge from the modern world and applies it to creating advanced silhouettes that out performs the magic worlds silhouettes. MC is a really mature and intelligent person who would definitely not bore you like the generic harem MCs.

Most people haven't even read a single chapter of the LN and are judging it to be terrible which is a total shame because there are many amazing "reincarnated" or "transported to another world" novels out there that deserves to be adapted into an anime.
NazcaiSep 24, 2016 4:51 PM
"Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!”
Sep 24, 2016 11:25 PM

Jul 2007
Nazcai said:
A lot of anime only fans hating on this for being generic but there is absolutely nothing generic about this. There is no generic harem or romance in this and it's a big focus on MC and his friends becoming the greatest pilots of the mechas they call "silhouettes"

He uses his programming knowledge from the modern world and applies it to creating advanced silhouettes that out performs the magic worlds silhouettes. MC is a really mature and intelligent person who would definitely not bore you like the generic harem MCs.

Most people haven't even read a single chapter of the LN and are judging it to be terrible which is a total shame because there are many amazing "reincarnated" or "transported to another world" novels out there that deserves to be adapted into an anime.

As somebody who looked up both manga and first few LN chapters, this is ABSOLUTELY generic.

The MC has no redeeming qualities or character flaws. He has no personality traits. He is even more gary stu than even your traditional LN MC would be and most of the story is about how great he is and other characters sucking up to him and how great he is.

Its the kind of story that I wish I never touched.
Sep 25, 2016 12:13 AM
Aug 2012
As someone who read the 1st 3 volumes, i would say you are full of your typical antics as usual Fai.........thank your very much. Generic this, Generic that..........doesn't make a series bad by any means if well done.

Not to mention the first few LN chapters are about him slowly building himself up to met his goals. Much better than some harem building stuff out there. The world building, action and conspiracy stuff get much better in later chapters and volumes. I also like to add that this is actually a LN with Mecha instead of bikini armors.

We always don't need a super-complex and edgy hero to make a story, the MC is more of a free spirited or mad scientist type who has set a goal and follow through it by actually planning and learning necessary stuff but not necessarily sticking to conventional means. While not really rare, it's fun to see MCs who are not simply hot-headed weaklings or idiots.

The MC is passionate about his Mecha and i don't know why that is a bad thing considering how most of the viewers are. Not very different from how people act when a new Gundam or Macross series comes out or when a new model or figurine is released.
Dragon_Slayer_XSep 25, 2016 12:16 AM

Sep 25, 2016 12:35 AM

Jul 2007
Hoo boy this reminds me of when people used to defend Mahouka as "actually interesting story with great protagonist". Kek.

Harem is not the worst thing that can happen to a story.

This LN's MC literally only has "I am mecha otaku" as his personality. No flaws. AT ALL. And most of story is him proving others how great he is.

If you think that is the same as usual mecha protagonist, then you clearly have not watched mecha. The only equivalent to him is kira yamato. Because that dude also has no personality traits or flaws.

You don't have to be "edgy" to at least resemble a realistic character. Or have any personality. Even SAO1 Kirito has more characterization than this dude. This dude is as blank slate as it gets. Zestiria's Sorey looks like best written most complex character in comparison to him.

It is the most typical and derivative kind of LN but with not-Mecha added to it. As long as a viewer is satisfied with that kind of generic work, then that's okay. But anybody who wants to watch something actually good or interesting is bound to write this off into trash bin and rightly so. Given this will most likely be A1(or Madhouse) 12 episode LN advert adaptation so even those who only watch for popcorn will need to adjust expectations accordingly
AhenshihaelSep 25, 2016 12:41 AM
Sep 25, 2016 3:16 AM
Aug 2012
Lol clearly having watched most of the Gundam, Macross and several other old and new Mecha animes (whether included or not included in my list) makes me NOT a ELITIST MECHA FAN like you right because i am liberal and don't use buzzword to identify shows right? Are you going to dismiss me as a mecha fan because i don't like Gurren Lagaan even though i have finished most UC Gundam shows?

Also Mahouka is actually an interesting LN and Kira Yamato went through pretty good development in SEED.....can't be helped if haters miss that. Especially considering you are one of those "I hate OP Gary-Stu MC" buzzword loving guys. Everyone has his own opinion but stop making up crap please.

Btw reading the first few chapters and still sticking the initial idea isn't really the way to go about it....guess what i said about The world building, action and conspiracy stuff get much better in later chapters and volumes was ignored deliberately. The dude has flaws like getting too excited and disregarding some dangerous situation which can very well be address later on which i get annoyed tbh. But the mecha development, engineering and political/conpiracy aspects are interesting enough for me to like this series. Also remember this is actually a reincarnation themed anime not one where MC has to get back to his own world. Well still better than watching hot-headed losers only screaming pointlessly.

I guess you are a dictator on what or how people should watch things huh? People can still watch a good light-hearted(this one gets serious though) shows with some good action and world building. TBH people who already determined this is a generic trash that shouldn't be watched before the show even aired should just stay away. But knowing you you will probably post one of your generic copy-paste posts about something being generic in your opinion when the first episode airs anyway.

Sep 25, 2016 8:55 AM

Oct 2014
This is one of the better ones among the "isekai" genre. People always complain about "lack of originality". Well, this one is quite original in terms of lore. At least I can't remember anything that really came close in terms of lore.

However whether or not the anime adaption will be any good is a different mater alltogether.
Oct 2, 2016 8:45 AM

Dec 2015
Oh this actually looks pretty gre-
*spots a school tag*
Fuck no
Mar 13, 2017 10:57 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Fai said:
Nazcai said:

As somebody who looked up both manga and first few LN chapters, this is ABSOLUTELY generic.

The MC has no redeeming qualities or character flaws. He has no personality traits. He is even more gary stu than even your traditional LN MC would be and most of the story is about how great he is and other characters sucking up to him and how great he is.

Its the kind of story that I wish I never touched.
Why is it that I can never go anywhere on this forum without seeing propaganda from you lol

I just read the first chapter of this manga and I HIGHLY disagree with everything you said about the MC

For one, unlike most characters that fall under the "Otaku thrown into a fantasy world" stigma, this kid was actually competent in both the real world and the fantasy world, and the reason why he was so talented actually makes fucking sense instead of the usual, "I'm OP just because"

And like what @Dragon_Slayer_X said, his love for mechas is pretty close to that of the average mecha fan IRL (And no I'm not talking about some spin on the type of Otaku that Subaru, Staz or Kazama are)

How is any of this even remotely not redeeming (Or realistic for that matter since you foolishly made this as a point) for an MC.....You made the comparison to Tatsuya of all people yet these two characters are like night and day if not soley because this guy has an actual personality/emotions unlike Tatsuya the robot

Grey-Zone said:
This is one of the better ones among the "isekai" genre. People always complain about "lack of originality". Well, this one is quite original in terms of lore. At least I can't remember anything that really came close in terms of lore.

However whether or not the anime adaption will be any good is a different mater alltogether.
Amen for this post
Apr 23, 2017 5:53 AM

Sep 2016
isn't this the very definition of LN trash anime?
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
May 9, 2017 5:58 AM

Aug 2011
GangsterCat said:
isn't this the very definition of LN trash anime?
Ln are good. Volume 4 is the best.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

29 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
22 minutes ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by Etherius_ZS »»
2 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
7 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.