Forum Settings
Forums

'Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya' Receives Anime Movie

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 22, 2016 8:36 PM

Sep 2013
God, the hype train can't be stop right now.
Sep 23, 2016 9:31 AM

Apr 2010
Tevens said:

i thought they were going to make an original ending but nope ? either way, i'm still looking foward to it xD

I don't know where you got that. The next arc in the manga that this movie is adapting, is a flashback focusing on Shirou and the 5th HGW of Miyu's world.
Sep 23, 2016 6:39 PM

Oct 2012
The excitement is palpable, man this was one heck of an awesome arc and I can't wait to see it adapted! Shirou <3
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Sep 30, 2016 11:51 PM

Feb 2016
Fai said:

Mayuka said:
isn't this the anime where the little girls kiss and trade spit?

If we are to define shows by ~1% of their screentime, sure!

tl;dr it has never been that.
That's like defining FSN as "that franchise about having sex for mana"

Okay, whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. Hold on a second.

I think this is actually an interesting point to discuss. Illya, 2wei, Herz, and 3rei all have ecchi overtones and it frustrates me a lot. Yes, Illya and 3rei have a lot less moments, but they are still there in theme. The problem is that I cannot understand the intention behind them except for fan-service. I can understand the target audience to some extent, I'm not an anime expert by any means, nor do I really know much about Japanese culture, but evaluating the work alone, those scenes almost never lead to anything. They happen and they are forgotten.

I can think of two examples at the moment where there was an actual emotional relevance as to why they would kiss. Every other time it's random and with no impact. Why. It's a good show, but it feels like they are stuck between non-committal to these scenes. They're just there like "here you go guys, have fun." I'd expect scenes like that to have more meaning behind them, but nope, they just happen. It's clear that there's something there because they inject a good amount of romance into it, but then they immediately back off.

And it's not just Kuro and Illya. There are a lot of other ecchi moments that just come out of the blue. It's almost like the writers didn't know whether or not to commit to lewd. Guys, commit to the lewd.

I'll be honest, I found out about the show while watching some top 10 list of anime to never show your kids or something like that, and my curiosity got the better of me, but it's good. It doesn't even need the sexual things. Season One was great. (Granted S1 had some sexual things as well, and the incest undertones are pretty strongè).

Nov 3, 2016 12:00 PM

Oct 2015
After 4seasons and with the steady drop of disc sales this will be a good way now to make some good money so that they can continue cuz this next seasons should be pretty good atleast it has a good setup from that last episode
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
2 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
5 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - Today

3 by JehadKun »»
10 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
11 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

26 by infanf »»
Today, 5:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.