Forum Settings
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 21, 2016 11:55 AM

Aug 2016
Everywhere i look to try to find out how to watch this series its some nerd writing 2000+ words on why i should or shouldnt watch chronological or broadcast order. someone just tell me which eps to watch. i wanna watch as little eps as possible from the show.. i just wanna be able to understand the movie! so ya no gay slice of life filler eps or endless eight bs pls. thanks dad
Sep 21, 2016 12:00 PM

Aug 2016
Understand Haruhi? The whole anime can be summed up in one sentence.
Sep 21, 2016 8:23 PM

Mar 2016
It's not difficult to understand but watching the show is necessary.
If you want to skip anything irrelevant to the movie though, watch what are episodes 1 - 6, 8, 9, 19, and 27 on most anime sites to get 95% of what characters are talking about and understand character motivations. I'd also recommend 28 since it sets up the atmosphere in the movie.
Yorshkai said:

Tbf almost any work of fiction could be summarized in a sentence
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Sep 21, 2016 8:32 PM

Aug 2016
FullyErect said:
If you want to skip anything irrelevant to the movie though, watch what are episodes 1 - 6, 8, 9, 19, and 27 on most anime sites to get 95% of what characters are talking about and understand character motivations. I'd also recommend 28 since it sets up the atmosphere in the movie.
Yorshkai said:

thank you so much... :)
Sep 21, 2016 8:35 PM

Aug 2016
FullyErect said:
Yorshkai said:

oh also, the episodes you listed, are those the broadcast or chronological order?
Sep 21, 2016 8:45 PM

Mar 2016
Sywed said:
FullyErect said:

oh also, the episodes you listed, are those the broadcast or chronological order?

It's 2009 broadcast but I used it because if you go on an anime streaming site, chances are that the episodes are in that order.

It doesn't really matter and I don't see the point in arguing which order to watch
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Sep 21, 2016 8:56 PM

Aug 2016
FullyErect said:
Sywed said:

It's 2009 broadcast but I used it because if you go on an anime streaming site, chances are that the episodes are in that order.

It doesn't really matter and I don't see the point in arguing which order to watch

yea i dont either but everytime i tried to figure out which order to watch it i kept seeing nerds fight over which way is better
Sep 21, 2016 9:17 PM
Jan 2013
Broadcast order is KyoAni way of shitting on the novel with their experimentalism and Endless Eight is KyoAni way of digging up the series from the shitpile they formed and shoving that same 3 year old shit into the series digestive hole 15,532 times

There, 44 words to why you should pick chronological order and be salty about the second season of the series as well
Chronological order
First and last episode of Endless Eight
Movie
If then you're intrigued by the series by then, Novel which continues things that weren't and probably never will be adaptated
Then Finally Haruhi-Chan manga

Sywed said:
i wanna watch as little eps as possible from the show
That sounds like a terrible mindset
gone bai bai
Sep 21, 2016 9:33 PM

Aug 2016
Mkim said:
Broadcast order is KyoAni way of shitting on the novel with their experimentalism and Endless Eight is KyoAni way of digging up the series from the shitpile they formed and shoving that same 3 year old shit into the series digestive hole 15,532 times

There, 44 words to why you should pick chronological order and be salty about the second season of the series as well
Chronological order
Movie
If then you're intrigued by the series by then, Novel which continues things that weren't and probably never will be adaptated

Sywed said:
i wanna watch as little eps as possible from the show

im not gonna watch 28 eps...
Sep 21, 2016 9:40 PM
Jan 2013
Sywed said:
Mkim said:

Chronological order
Movie

Of course you're not
You're gonna skip the Endless Eight
Everyone should do that
Noone should ever watch that
It shouldn't even exist
gone bai bai
Sep 21, 2016 9:44 PM

Aug 2016
Mkim said:
Sywed said:

Of course you're not
Everyone should do that
It shouldn't even exist

what even is it? i just saw a ton of post hating on it & saying to skip it
Sep 21, 2016 9:47 PM

Mar 2016
Sywed said:
Mkim said:
Of course you're not
Everyone should do that
It shouldn't even exist

Eight episodes of the
Same
Exact
Thing
Many haruhi fans cried that summer
Sep 21, 2016 9:54 PM
Jan 2013
Sywed said:
Mkim said:
Of course you're not
Everyone should do that
It shouldn't even exist

It's the same episode done 8 different times
Technically it's not the same episode since they decide to animate different camera angles for each episodes
But technically yes it is the same episode 8 times cause the same stuff happens on every episode with same script, introduction, development and closure
and Kyoto Animation instead of deciding it would be a better idea to animate some other also relevant stuff of the novel, they just decide to repeat a 50 page long story for 2 months straight
gone bai bai
Sep 21, 2016 9:55 PM
Jan 2013
Man I get too salty talkin bout Haruhi
damn
gone bai bai
Apr 19, 2023 3:51 AM

Oct 2018
Just watch the chronogical order and then movie

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya Movie Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Feb 5, 2010

1000 by MorphoX »»
Mar 8, 6:34 AM

» Kyon's decision (spoilers)

NDskies - Sep 19, 2023

17 by honyax »»
Feb 25, 1:41 AM

» Haruhi Suzumiya will have an official announcement soon…

Yuri_Niji - Dec 17, 2023

18 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 12, 2:51 AM

» Wow that was a great movie!

Zoopiez - Jun 28, 2022

18 by anizawa89 »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:11 PM

» This movie is Amazing

randomuser47 - Feb 26, 2023

19 by Recprocate »»
Sep 24, 2023 3:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.