Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 24, 2016 2:35 AM
Oct 2014
The Lineage Factor....Vegapunk again...

I now have a theory! The Lineage Factor is actually a part of the production behind the Pacifistas! It's the reason why they are mass produced to look like Bartholomew Kuma!
Sep 24, 2016 3:00 AM

Oct 2015
Interesting chapter. As I was reading I thought all of the kids were artificial. I mean, that cloning room had already existed when they were kids. I am still not sure if they are "only" biologically modified.

Also, those artificial people completely looked like Vergo. So.. Vergo was artificial too, made by the Vinsmokes, or he was the original sample for them? Or just coincidence.

By the way, anyone else noticed that Sanji doesn't have bracelets? I had to re-read some chapters to be sure it was still on. It was a fail, I guess.

One last thing: I have a theory that next chapter Sanji looks around in the cell, and he realizes that there is a woman with him; His mother. Maybe their mother hasn't passed away, but was imprisoned out of cruelty, or something. Then something happens between them. It could explain REALLY well, why Sanji treats women so nicely.
Sep 24, 2016 2:00 PM

Aug 2014
Yup, Reiju's still scum in my eyes just like the rest of her siblings...fucking coward.
Sep 24, 2016 10:47 PM
Mar 2015
Sanji's past is really interesting. Loving the chapters so far.

bkim999 said:

I now have a theory! The Lineage Factor is actually a part of the production behind the Pacifistas! It's the reason why they are mass produced to look like Bartholomew Kuma!

Exactly what I was thinking. Also it was revealed in this chapter that vegapunk was arrested by the world govt. I think he is secretly a revolutionary who worked with kuma to produce the pacifistas and will eventually betray the world government.
Sep 26, 2016 2:48 AM

Mar 2015
RyuukiBeat said:
The past of Sanji is deep. I don't know whether that sister is nice or what...

You could see her worry about him first and then only laughing at him, so I give her the benifit of the doubt and believe she told Sanji the truth.
Sep 26, 2016 4:25 AM

Dec 2012
Hiroyuuki said:
RyuukiBeat said:
The past of Sanji is deep. I don't know whether that sister is nice or what...

You could see her worry about him first and then only laughing at him, so I give her the benifit of the doubt and believe she told Sanji the truth.

I hope so, she is kinda beautiful, such a waste if she is villain `3`
Sep 27, 2016 3:01 AM
Mar 2009
lequack said:

bkim999 said:

Exactly what I was thinking. Also it was revealed in this chapter that vegapunk was arrested by the world govt. I think he is secretly a revolutionary who worked with kuma to produce the pacifistas and will eventually betray the world government.

But I thought that the Pacifistas are cyborgs. We've seen that they're not human. I think they said before the time skip that the original Kuma was having his body parts slowly replaced (like Franky), but to the point that he wasn't himself anymore but only a weapon. The soldiers with Germa were said to be human - unless they are also partly cyborg which they haven't said.
Sep 27, 2016 5:38 AM

Jun 2008
This chapter D:
Sanji <3
Sep 27, 2016 10:34 AM
Mar 2015
CaiDa2931 said:
lequack said:

But I thought that the Pacifistas are cyborgs. We've seen that they're not human. I think they said before the time skip that the original Kuma was having his body parts slowly replaced (like Franky), but to the point that he wasn't himself anymore but only a weapon. The soldiers with Germa were said to be human - unless they are also partly cyborg which they haven't said.

Cyborgs in one piece can be part human (look at franky). I think vegapunk made kuma clones and while they were being developed, he gave them cyborg parts to make them stronger.
Sep 28, 2016 12:40 AM
Nov 2015
NatanTFK said:
In the chapter 227 Sanji said that he had read ''Norland,the Liar'' when he was a child,in that chapter the child Sanji was reading a book in the page 14,do you realise what book is that?
Oda it's a fricking genius.

I've read chapter 226 to 228 and didn't find the child Sanji. Are you sure it's on chapter 227?

LaxusDreyar2016 said:
I love the use of science in One Piece and this time it was regarding gene mutation. A great human biology lesson. Sanji's family continues to be assholes, except for Reiju, and Sanji's past seemed very dark. In my opinion, Sanji's past has the potential to overtake Nami's and Chopper's pasts as the saddest. I don't think it will be a sadder past than Robin's, and Brook's past is another whole story!!! Overall, an amazing chapter. 5/5

Sanji's past with his family & Zeff is a bit darker than Nami's and Chopper's past. The thing that made it the saddest is the fact that it's a sad one without one relative dying. Law's past, Nami's past, Chopper's past, Usopp's past, Zoro's past and even Luffy's past included a friend or relative dying. (Luffy thought Sabo died). But Sanji past is sad without that cliché stories.

But Robin's past is awesome.
Sep 28, 2016 2:59 AM
Mar 2009
lequack said:
CaiDa2931 said:

Cyborgs in one piece can be part human (look at franky). I think vegapunk made kuma clones and while they were being developed, he gave them cyborg parts to make them stronger.

I guess that makes sense! It also explains why there are more Pacifistas after the timeskip - they had more time to grow up! I like this theory!
Sep 28, 2016 5:08 AM
Nov 2015
MajinAkuma said:
So, the Vinsmoke siblings might be artificial humans? What if Sanji developed his natural power much later than his brothers? That would explain his strength, but I prefer it if he's like Goku. A weakling he grew stronger through training, not because of his genes.

Not artificial humans. They're Geneticaly modified humans. Somthing like the Chimera but with more a higher human/animal ratio.
Sep 28, 2016 8:56 AM

May 2015
xEzioAuditore said:

I've read chapter 226 to 228 and didn't find the child Sanji. Are you sure it's on chapter 227?

I think he meant on this chapter he was reading the Norland book that he mentioned on that one.
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Sep 28, 2016 10:08 AM

Dec 2015
ashfrliebert said:
xEzioAuditore said:

I think he meant on this chapter he was reading the Norland book that he mentioned on that one.
Exactly!He only mentioned in chapter 227 that he has read the book when he was a child,and in the 840 their childhood is showed,and there's the child Sanji reading the book that he mentioned in the chapter 227,that's my fault for the poor english that you didn't understood,sorry :/
Sep 28, 2016 2:00 PM

Mar 2009
So, wait, Sanji's a clone? He's not even a real human being. Well, that has to be one of the biggest twists in One Piece.
Sep 28, 2016 9:01 PM
Sep 2016
xEzioAuditore said:
NatanTFK said:
In the chapter 227 Sanji said that he had read ''Norland,the Liar'' when he was a child,in that chapter the child Sanji was reading a book in the page 14,do you realise what book is that?
Oda it's a fricking genius.

LaxusDreyar2016 said:
I love the use of science in One Piece and this time it was regarding gene mutation. A great human biology lesson. Sanji's family continues to be assholes, except for Reiju, and Sanji's past seemed very dark. In my opinion, Sanji's past has the potential to overtake Nami's and Chopper's pasts as the saddest. I don't think it will be a sadder past than Robin's, and Brook's past is another whole story!!! Overall, an amazing chapter. 5/5

Sanji's past with his family & Zeff is a bit darker than Nami's and Chopper's past. The thing that made it the saddest is the fact that it's a sad one without one relative dying. Law's past, Nami's past, Chopper's past, Usopp's past, Zoro's past and even Luffy's past included a friend or relative dying. (Luffy thought Sabo died). But Sanji past is sad without that cliché stories.

sanji's mom died but I don't really see how the "runt of the litter" story is less cliche than family dying. Still don't think it tops Nami's though. Joining evil fish men crew and forcing herself to cooperate with them because an entire town is being held hostage.

I hope Sanji is out of his siblings league and whoops them although I'm sure it won't happen. It'd be cool if they were weak compared to him now and needed the clone soldiers to help fight Sanji + SH's

Also Sanji is human they all are. Just genetically modified, not too far fetched considering people are running around with mutations from magic fruit.
Sep 28, 2016 11:49 PM
Nov 2015
tripofwhitebeard said:
xEzioAuditore said:

sanji's mom died but I don't really see how the "runt of the litter" story is less cliche than family dying. Still don't think it tops Nami's though. Joining evil fish men crew and forcing herself to cooperate with them because an entire town is being held hostage.

I hope Sanji is out of his siblings league and whoops them although I'm sure it won't happen. It'd be cool if they were weak compared to him now and needed the clone soldiers to help fight Sanji + SH's

Also Sanji is human they all are. Just genetically modified, not too far fetched considering people are running around with mutations from magic fruit.

Well, a lot of people in anime world were forced to join evil in order to protect the special ones. But how many were forsaken by their parents? I don't know a lot (actually, Sanji is the first one who came to my mind). I'd rather work with evil than being forsaken.

Also, I don't think his sibling are too strong. Even their father was weak. I don't think he could take Jack on 1 vs 1. I'm a little bit disappointed :(
I think his brothers are about Zoro strength or a bit low. Sanji could take them on 1 vs 1 but they don't have the sense of honor that let them fight 1 vs 1.
I want to see Zoro. That idiot probably lost his way to the Wano Kingdom. I could imagine he reached Raftel by error lol
Sep 29, 2016 6:49 AM
Jul 2016
Great chapter. Sanji's past just keeps getting sadder. His brothers and father do crack me up, though. They keep calling him a weakling, but they don't fight him fairly without using blackmail or human shields or generally just trying to avoid fighting him with no bullshit. Hope Sanji kicks their asses.
Oct 4, 2016 4:42 AM
Jun 2014
I just hate these guys... Sanji's past is soo sad...
Oct 6, 2016 12:01 PM

Sep 2014
Damn that's really fucked up, poor Sanji.
Reiju doesn't seem to take pleasure from the bullying though, maybe she'll help him.
Wonder if they'll show his mom, she'd prolly be the only sane person as her daughter.
nerfxOct 6, 2016 12:11 PM
Oct 7, 2016 8:09 AM

Mar 2015
So Vegapunk is not a comrade with WG and he was threatened by them.

Plot twist!!! Reiju is a good person!! :o

4.4/5
Nov 21, 2016 6:40 AM

Jun 2008
The10tailedwolf said:
lol Turns out Sanji is a failed bio-engineered clone

Never would have guessed :)

His not a clone. His father mentioned his mother and her ways(which indicates she was nice). So i assume the children aren't clones but they had their genes modified.
Hell the mother may have died because their father was experimenting on her while pregnant so he can modify their genes.
Nov 29, 2016 10:26 PM
Mar 2014
Monad said:
The10tailedwolf said:
lol Turns out Sanji is a failed bio-engineered clone

Never would have guessed :)

His not a clone. His father mentioned his mother and her ways(which indicates she was nice). So i assume the children aren't clones but they had their genes modified.
Hell the mother may have died because their father was experimenting on her while pregnant so he can modify their genes.

You should check the dates on these old comments before replying. This was made before that was revealed, before we knew what actually happened to Sanji's mom.
Dec 13, 2016 12:09 AM

Jun 2008
The10tailedwolf said:
Monad said:

You should check the dates on these old comments before replying. This was made before that was revealed, before we knew what actually happened to Sanji's mom.

What are you talking about? When i commented here i hadn't read anything beyond it. I commented after reading the chapter.
Dec 16, 2016 11:36 AM
Mar 2014
Monad said:
The10tailedwolf said:

What are you talking about? When i commented here i hadn't read anything beyond it. I commented after reading the chapter.

That makes your reply all the more confusing. Up to this point, for all we know the father could have been LYING to them to spare them from the truth. We only had conformation AFTER this chapter, which is why there were theories running around (at the time) that he and his brothers could be in fact clones.
Jan 6, 2017 10:12 AM

Dec 2014
Saji's past ...quite tragic...germas are so ruthless...yonji and his crew did save luffy life so there can be more to it than meets the eye
May 3, 2017 7:43 AM

May 2014
Damn, this whole arc is just making me sad, the fact that he's a human instead of a robot's a bit uplifting.
What a shitty family though, I can't wait for Luffy to start fucking them up.
Truly good backstory though!
Jan 26, 2018 4:55 AM
Oct 2011
No wonder Sanji sympathies with Ussop so much back during Water 7/Enis Lobby. Sanji may not be weak NOW, but he REMEMBERS what it's like to be the weak one in a group of monsters.
May 17, 2018 4:16 PM

Feb 2013
At least Reiju seems to be fine, all the other Vinsmoke members are a waste of oxygen.
Sep 21, 2018 8:47 PM

Dec 2015
What a monster...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 6, 2022 9:09 AM

May 2021
Is it genetic modification or are they clones? Given Sanji, I'mma bet modification. Also, I wonder if Haki can be used against stealth.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

13 by Abyhape »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1069 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Dec 6, 2022

86 by Kakuneon »»
Apr 17, 11:48 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 5 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Jan 19, 2010

32 by vsuc »»
Apr 17, 1:43 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1111 Discussion

FMmatron - Mar 19

47 by Zorowork »»
Apr 16, 2:27 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 768 Discussion

YerinArelius - Nov 19, 2014

47 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 14, 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.