Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 21, 2016 2:18 AM

Jan 2016
Alright, I'm going to start off with saying that everyone is entitled to their own righteous opinion and complete freedom of speech. What I have just realised is that every single positive review with a high amount of helpful upvotes for Re:Zero has been deleted/removed. The only reviews left are the complete negatives reviews with the most helpful upvotes. What in the hell happened? All I see is halmoni's review dominating the section. I don't know what is happening but this seems a bit like discrimination and I'm seeing some injustice here. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to go right ahead and enlighten me.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 21, 2016 2:52 AM
Jul 2018
It's about reviews made before the show has been finished having been removed... Yet that one that also fits this criteria, hasn't (yet). (Personally it pleases me to see such a bad negative review having been scored so highly... *Grins*)
removed-userSep 21, 2016 2:57 AM
Sep 21, 2016 2:52 AM

Jul 2015
I'm also surprised when i open re:zero section. The positive reviews with many helpful gone. Is it on purpose or not I dont know. It's same like another popular anime, the left out is negative review.

If it based on the review that made before ends, they saw it to the end like hunterkhim and corny. But you can see halmoni make it before the series ends. It's like a conspiracy of moderator

This make MAL as the biggest anime site and forum more and more untrustworthy
WhyZigleSep 21, 2016 3:03 AM
Sep 21, 2016 2:59 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well if a review is written before a series ends then it should be deleted when it's finished according to MAL guidelines. Has nothing to do with the score

Though yes the current top review by Halmoni should be deleted as well, not sure why it hasn't
Sep 21, 2016 3:23 AM

Aug 2015
Hah since when did MAL reviews ever be so trusted anyways, just remember to don't let those get into your skin bruuuh.
Sep 21, 2016 3:28 AM

Apr 2016
Funny enough, many of the reviews from before the show finished are still up, including the current top review which is a negative one, which is probably what led you to your theory.
Sep 21, 2016 3:30 AM

Jan 2014
TheHolyKiwi said:
All I see is halmoni's review dominating the section. I don't know what is happening but this seems a bit like discrimination and I'm seeing some injustice here. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to go right ahead and enlighten me.
Basically OP doesn't see positive reviews of an anime he thinks is the best and automatically calls it discrimination, a lot of series have more negative reviews being popular then postitve too. Literally get over yourself and stop whining over other users not thinking re:zero is the best.
Sep 21, 2016 3:33 AM

Jan 2014
willsygle said:
This make MAL as the biggest anime site and forum more and more untrustworthy
You didn't have to state the obvious, lmao. MAL is pretty flawed when it comes to a lot of things.
Sep 21, 2016 3:38 AM

May 2016
Bowie said:
TheHolyKiwi said:
All I see is halmoni's review dominating the section. I don't know what is happening but this seems a bit like discrimination and I'm seeing some injustice here. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to go right ahead and enlighten me.
Basically OP doesn't see positive reviews of an anime he thinks is the best and automatically calls it discrimination, a lot of series have more negative reviews being popular then postitve too. Literally get over yourself and stop whining over other users not thinking re:zero is the best.

It is discrimination when the positive reviews are deleted in favor of negative ones who got up voted by a hate club.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Sep 21, 2016 3:41 AM

Jan 2014
TeamDalaiLana said:
Bowie said:

It is discrimination when the positive reviews are deleted in favor of negative ones who got up voted by a hate club.
Why not ask the mods why exactly they got removed instead of automatically calling it unfair? At least read my previous posts or other users.
Sep 21, 2016 3:47 AM

May 2016
Bowie said:
TeamDalaiLana said:

Why not ask the mods why exactly instead of automatically calling it unfair? At least read my previous posts or other users.
I did actually multiple times.

Edit: I don't want trouble. Lets just wait and see if they'll remove it.
TeamDalaiLanaSep 21, 2016 3:55 AM
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Sep 21, 2016 3:48 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Re:Zero drama is the most irritating thing on this entire site right now, I fucking swear

This is a huge accomplishment, all things considered

Sep 21, 2016 3:50 AM

Jan 2016
Bowie said:
TheHolyKiwi said:

Mate Bowie, I see you're in the mood for attacking someone so I'm not going to take the bait and get flustered, I will simply refute wisely. If this was the same vice-versa for the negative reviews being taken down I would be saying the exact same thing but vice-versa. As far as I can see, this is definitely discrimination unless halmoni's review is taken down, or the others are put back up. Also, I did state at the beginning that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and have the freedom of speech, which extenuates your personal attack and makes what I said more valid.

Edit: To quote back as a response to poster.
LythelusSep 21, 2016 4:02 AM
Sep 21, 2016 4:03 AM

Jan 2014
TheHolyKiwi said:
Mate Bowie, I see you're in the mood for attacking someone so I'm not going to take the bait and get flustered, I will simply refute wisely. If this was the same vice-versa for the negative reviews being taken down I would be saying the exact same thing but vice-versa. As far as I can see, this is definitely discrimination unless halmoni's review is taken down, or the others are put back up. Also, I did state at the beginning that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and have the freedom of speech, which extenuates your personal attack and makes what I said more valid.
This would've been more humorous if you added, Bowie has become the hater now.
Edit: Aren't you attacking halmoni now though??
Sep 21, 2016 4:04 AM

Jan 2016
Once the problem has been addressed by mods this thread will be closed.
Sep 21, 2016 4:08 AM

Jan 2016
Bowie said:
TheHolyKiwi said:
This would've been more humorous if you added, Bowie has become the hater now.
Edit: Aren't you attacking halmoni now though??

From your profile, I can see you prefer to shitpost, which is fine. Though, I do prefer a mature more genuine argument, I will also refute unnecessary personal attacks. With halmoni, it's simply the matter of solving discrimination, remove the review to follow the guidelines or post the other reviews back up. In the end, it is completely up to MAL moderators, and I have no say in the matter.
Sep 21, 2016 4:12 AM

Mar 2013
The previous submissions were removed because they were previews and not reviews.

As for the positiveness factor, the more critical reviews are rated high because of the negative impulse by the community as of right now. I believe it will balance out in time. But then again, what does it matter? I submitted a review that praised Re:Zero and despite not being on the first page of reviews, I still stand with what I said and do not really care if the majority agrees or not.
Sep 21, 2016 4:15 AM
Feb 2014
Then I suggest it would be most reasonable to start posting some positive reviews to strike back yes?
Sep 21, 2016 4:17 AM

Dec 2013
The reviews for this show are terrible. Most of the reviews are pure pandering to the haters of this series and don't actually reflect the true quality of the show at all.
Sep 21, 2016 4:28 AM

Apr 2013
G_Spark233 said:
The reviews for this show are terrible. Most of the reviews are pure pandering to the haters of this series and don't actually reflect the true quality of the show at all.
If MAL reviews are so bad (nothing new here) and you don't even agree with what the majority of them have to say, why not write one yourself? Pandering to the likers might even work out better.

If you're asking for objectivity in a subjective, personal review, good luck.

That said, you've run off-topic in regard to what the thread was supposed to be about.
Sep 21, 2016 4:36 AM

Sep 2014
Lol @ reading user reviews on mal. most are just circlejerks. Wouldn't take anime scores seriously either XD
Sep 21, 2016 4:56 AM

Dec 2015
TheHolyKiwi said:
Alright, I'm going to start off with saying that everyone is entitled to their own righteous opinion and complete freedom of speech. What I have just realised is that every single positive review with a high amount of helpful upvotes for Re:Zero has been deleted/removed. The only reviews left are the complete negatives reviews with the most helpful upvotes. What in the hell happened? All I see is halmoni's review dominating the section. I don't know what is happening but this seems a bit like discrimination and I'm seeing some injustice here. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to go right ahead and enlighten me.
Okay, let me explain dis shit. Like HaXXspetten said, reviews submitted while the series is ongoing will be deleted if it finally finishes. Then why is it that halmoni's review is still there, you ask. Well, there are actually a few exceptions to that rule. One of them is when the reviewer dropped the series past the half-way mark, it's safe. And of course, halmoni dropped it since why the hell would it be there then. Well there are other rules too so you can check it here. https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=575725
So no, there's no discrimination and violation whatsoever. Go complain to the MAL staff if you find it wrong. Well MAL always have something faulty in it, but I never really mind that much to even submit a complaint.
Render-Sep 21, 2016 5:02 AM
Sep 21, 2016 5:15 AM

Apr 2014
The sudden rise of negative reviews in the top page are because there's a dedicated hate club for the series in MAL where people are upvoting all the negative ones they can find. As pathetic as it sounds, yes that club does actually exist.

Anyways don't let it get to you. It's just MAL being MAL like always.
Sep 21, 2016 5:31 AM

Jan 2016
The fact of the day is that, they can keep halmoni's review there. I couldn't care less, it's a shit-talk bait review that is a hater panderer and it's his rightful opinion. But, in fairness via the guidelines it should be taken down along with the other reviews. Honestly I'd just prefer Zeph's review to move up, at least he can write a review lmao.
Sep 21, 2016 5:40 AM

May 2016
shiromii_ said:
TheHolyKiwi said:
Okay, let me explain dis shit. Like HaXXspetten said, reviews submitted while the series is ongoing will be deleted if it finally finishes. Then why is it that halmoni's review is still there, you ask. Well, there are actually a few exceptions to that rule. One of them is when the reviewer dropped the series past the half-way mark, it's safe. And of course, halmoni dropped it since why the hell would it be there then. Well there are other rules too so you can check it here. https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=575725
So no, there's no discrimination and violation whatsoever. Go complain to the MAL staff if you find it wrong. Well MAL always have something faulty in it, but I never really mind that much to even submit a complaint.
Errrmmmmm no.

He wrote the review in may and he updated it too. Which both are against the rules.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Sep 21, 2016 5:51 AM

Dec 2015
ColdBreeze said:
Not really, at least not anymore.
Previews will be removed from currently airing/publishing series upon their completion, unless:
+ the series finished airing before June 2013, when these rules were first proposed.
And halmoni's is, in this case, a preview because it was written before the series finished airing.

You didn't even read the rule I'm talking about.
Previews will be removed from currently airing/publishing series upon their completion, unless:
the series was dropped by the user past the half-way mark;

And what you quoted means that reviews from "series before June 2013" are safe from deletion. I knew Re:Zero dealt with time-leaping but this is on a whole another level. And like I said, it is a preview so it should follow the rules I mentioned earlier, I just didn't say it is a preview.

TeamDalaiLana said:
Errrmmmmm no.

He wrote the review in may and he updated it too. Which both are against the rules.

Sigh, I'm tired explaining this over and over.

TheHolyKiwi said:
The fact of the day is that, they can keep halmoni's review there. I couldn't care less, it's a shit-talk bait review that is a hater panderer and it's his rightful opinion. But, in fairness via the guidelines it should be taken down along with the other reviews. Honestly I'd just prefer Zeph's review to move up, at least he can write a review lmao.

Yeah, I agree with you on that, Zeph's writing is more professional and thoroughly explained the problems that this series had. halmoni just got safe from being removed. Don't worry about it. The fact that there are still positive users out there should be enough, they even supported you here.
Sep 21, 2016 6:00 AM

Jun 2014
Butthurt much? Why is the ReZero reviews being removed first considering other series have finished airing before its final episode. That is surprising.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Sep 21, 2016 6:06 AM

Aug 2014
Why do you care? Really why do you care? Is it the end of the world? Will Re:Zero become shit just because some people has negative review of it? Will it not get a 2nd season because of those reviews? NO! Reviews means nothing, and even for someone who might be interested, they can see the high rating it got and also the amount of highly rated reviews (which you seem to have missed by clicking the "see more" options) it has also gotten.
Sep 21, 2016 6:27 AM

Aug 2014
Snappynator said:
Reviews means nothing, and even for someone who might be interested, they can see the high rating it got and also the amount of highly rated reviews (which you seem to have missed by clicking the "see more" options) it has also gotten.

^
and also, I believe people who uses MAL doesn't trust reviews much, instead they uses the rating system as a benchmark.
Most of the negative reviews probably comes from angry kids that could not understand the story anyway, just regard them as rants and you'll feel better.
Your taste in Anime is shit.

Because you can't differentiate between what's good and bad.

How sad.
Sep 21, 2016 6:29 AM

Aug 2008
Reviews are a lie anyway :D

For 15 years that I watch animu, haven't chosen a single one by reading a review.

Plus 99.9% of MAL reviews are all "personal opinions" with zero perspective (or respect even) for the work put into the series and the people behind it, which is sad and speaks bad for the community. And these "random" numbers they put for animation/ost/character development/story/etc. make me laugh every single time, because they really have no grounding...

My Anime Lists: AniDB & MAL
Sep 21, 2016 6:38 AM

Apr 2015
nikolai131 said:
Reviews are a lie anyway :D

For 15 years that I watch animu, haven't chosen a single one by reading a review.

Plus 99.9% of MAL reviews are all "personal opinions" with zero perspective (or respect even) for the work put into the series and the people behind it, which is sad and speaks bad for the community. And these "random" numbers they put for animation/ost/character development/story/etc. make me laugh every single time, because they really have no grounding...

well if u said so i do agree with what u said
but thats often only apply to veteran like us

what going to happend 4 the newcomers ??

bad review can also effect people judjement u know ?

Sep 21, 2016 6:45 AM

Jan 2013
yutshu_chan_lord said:

People should generally read reviews instead of judging it by a number. After reading a few sentences you can distinguish a proper review from a fanboy/hater review.
Sep 21, 2016 6:49 AM

Apr 2015
Xembel said:
yutshu_chan_lord said:

People should generally read reviews instead of judging it by a number. After reading a few sentences you can distinguish a proper review from a fanboy/hater review.

true though , a good review explain fact not just bitching crap -__-"

Sep 21, 2016 8:11 AM

Dec 2015
TeamDalaiLana said:

His/it review was written on May 19, 2016 which was not the halfway of the anime therefore should be removed.

Okay, you're definitely not listening. It doesn't check how many episodes it was when the review was made. The rule clearly stated that if the user dropped the show past the half-way mark, it's safe. Look at how many episodes halmoni have watched, it even showed in his review that he watched 16, then he dropped it. My point still stands.
Honestly, you should be content with just the score of the anime already. I mean, just look at it. Many anime will kill just to get that high. Reviews are pretty much subjective. We, the butthurts, should be the one getting salty about this. You guys won here, no doubt.
Sep 21, 2016 8:39 AM

Feb 2012
Yeah I'm not sure why halmoni's review is still up, let alone why it has over 1500 upvotes (and incidentally, I'm bitter that my own negative review never got past the preliminary rounds), but it's not that unusual. I mean look at ERASED. It was one of the most beloved anime during its airing and the front page is filled with negative reviews.

Also, I think halmoni's review is shit.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Sep 21, 2016 9:18 AM

Feb 2012
Revert67 said:
@Flawfinder

halmoni is Club Officer of a very dedicated Re:Zero hate club.

That is just so sad.
FlawfinderSep 21, 2016 9:30 AM
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Sep 21, 2016 10:26 AM

Oct 2015
Ooh, halmoni's review is at the top now, that's funny, because it's nothing but a buzzword sandwich.

Anyway the reason for this OP is that reviews made before a show finishes airing are cleared up, and the people with a more critical outlook are more likely to wait until a series ends before writing a review or even rating it.

The MAL review moderators aren't pandering to anybody.
Sep 21, 2016 10:33 AM
Aug 2011
Bowie said:
Lmao the haters, what year is it again?

It is Current year
Sep 21, 2016 10:38 AM
Oct 2013
Oh this is news. Well, the fact that it has 1500+ helpful votes cracks me up and make me wonder how they manage to achieve it.

Did they make a cult or something?

It's totally shit talk. This is why I only read reviews who rated the show 6-10. The rest are nonsensical garbage.

Oh and it's a preview, not a review judging from its content. It's not even a "proper" preview. What's with this Dropped stuff that safeguarded it from deletion? So basically if I make a (p)review then drop it halfway, then it'd be scott-free regardless of content? It isn't even a complete review. It's only 3/5 (16/25 episodes).

This is why I never relied at MAL's review section. The cover picture and synopsis is enough for me to decide which anime is up to my alley. If I ever want an input from another person, I'd rather read comments in Disqus rather than reading reviews with scores of 1-5.
Sep 21, 2016 10:48 AM

Aug 2013
So start liking the positive reviews so they show up in the front page...
I don't understand why others care so much about this...
Don't worry it won't drive people away from watching this series because the spam of it is insane everywhere.
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Sep 21, 2016 10:52 AM

Aug 2013
SigOpram said:
Oh this is news. Well, the fact that it has 1500+ helpful votes cracks me up and make me wonder how they manage to achieve it.

It's totally shit talk. This is why I only read reviews who rated the show 6-10. The rest are nonsensical garbage.

Oh and it's a preview, not a review judging from its content. It's not even a "proper" preview. What's with this Dropped stuff that safeguarded it from deletion? So basically if I make a (p)review then drop it halfway, then it'd be scott-free regardless of content? It isn't even a complete review. It's only 3/5 (16/25 episodes).

This is why I never relied at MAL's review section. The cover picture and synopsis is enough for me to decide which anime is up to my alley. If I ever want an input from another person, I'd rather read comments in Disqus rather than reading reviews with scores of 1-5.

Maybe 1500+ actually found it credible.
I laughed when I found out that there are clubs specialized to raise the hate toward specific shows but surely it won't affect the votes that much.
That being said,that review was 2nd to a score 9 one by not big margin and that person rewrote his review so whoever found it helpful can support it again.
Sep 21, 2016 11:03 AM

Oct 2015
SigOpram said:

I'm similar to you in this regard, but I read reviews rated from 5-8. Because imo the vast majority of 9-10 reviews are fanboy delusion, and the 5/10 reviews are often neutral and give both sides of the argument.

I agree that most reviews under 5 are buzzword-filled garbage though. 5-8 is the rational range.
Sep 21, 2016 11:08 AM
Oct 2013
yamen said:
I laughed when I found out that there are clubs specialized to raise the hate toward specific shows but surely it won't affect the votes that much.
That being said,that review was 2nd to a score 9 one by not big margin and that person rewrote his review so whoever found it helpful can support it again.

This sounds stupid but I just *accidentally* clicked the helpful button thus making it 1582. I just smacked my own face lol... dear muffins at my plate... I can only eat you to console my stupid self.
Sep 21, 2016 11:10 AM

Apr 2015
I think it's a shame that MAL has removed the "unhelpful" option. Now you can't differentiate between an attention whore/baiter/shitposter and a critic.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2016 11:12 AM

Aug 2013
SigOpram said:
yamen said:

This sounds stupid but I just *accidentally* clicked the helpful button thus making it 1582. I just smacked my own face lol... dear muffins at my plate... I can only eat you to console my stupid self.

You can *accidentally* click on the positive reviews to compensate for your mistake.
Sep 21, 2016 11:33 AM
Oct 2013
yamen said:
SigOpram said:

You can *accidentally* click on the positive reviews to compensate for your mistake.

Now your suggestion is what I call helpful. *grin*
Sep 21, 2016 1:29 PM

Sep 2015
This is an outrage!
I hate nice girls.
If they so much as say hello, it stays on my mind.
If they return texts, my heart races.
The day one calls me, I know I'll look at my call history and grin.
But that's just them being nice.
People who are nice to me are also nice to everyone else.
I almost end up forgetting that.
If the truth is cruel , then lies must be kind.
That's why kindness is a lie.
I gave up on always expecting it,
always mistaking it,
and even hoping for it.
Someone who's' worked so hard at being alone doesn't fall for the
same trick twice.
I'm a veteran at this.
I’m the best when it comes to losing.
That's why I'll always hate nice girls.
Sep 21, 2016 1:44 PM

Apr 2016
That's an interesting thread.
It means, if some positive previews want to overcome MAL rules, the users will have to never "officially" finish the show.
In that regard I still saw some positive previews who didn't disappear just because the mal users didn't actualise their situation yet, even though it's pretty sure they will.

Even though I understand the point of MAL for the exception's rule, I do think it puts negative reviews at an advantage, it means you can do a "review", that will last, earlier than those who will finish the show and review it positively. Not so fair.

Off topic : I agree with many, the halmoni review is not particularly good even though I gave the same score to the show. On the other hand, at the moment, the highest review with the highest score (from XHellScytheX) has a big spoiler right in the second part of the introduction : that's not better.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

715 by XionnaMing »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2072 by Nanami0007 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2016

538 by XionnaMing »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

510 by XionnaMing »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2016

816 by XionnaMing »»
9 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.