Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 21, 2016 12:12 AM

Jun 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

I don't think any summary is required lol. Hyuse pwns.

Edit: BREAK NEXT WEEK
HyreinVeltistonSep 21, 2016 3:19 AM
Sep 21, 2016 12:18 AM

Jun 2016
Looks like Hyuse is gonna go with Kogetsu.
Sep 21, 2016 12:56 AM
Jan 2012
Is the newbie trio going to try to pick on Hyuse?

Also, just Kogetsu? Well, it might be just for the first day, or maybe he chose it because it was the fastest way to climb the ranks, but I hope he won't be just another senku kogetsu user. There'll probably be more.
Sep 21, 2016 1:34 AM
Sep 2015
Yup, new idiots trio. History repeat itself.

Huyse choose Kogetsu, maybe when he reach B rank he will chose all rounder. Shooter or gunner is a question.

And that too flashy Huyse, too flashy.
Sep 21, 2016 1:40 AM
Feb 2015
Comments:
- as chippo predicted, Hyuse takes atracker position because T-2 needs a vanguard. But surprisingly he uses kougetsu.
- lol hyuse reached B rank in a few hours already thanks to Border new system. Rather than awarding c-rankers with starting points arbirtarily, it seems that now starting points are awarded based on performance during 5 round of 5 people free for all. Hyuse started with 3000 as a result and harvested another 1000 from the idiot trio. Also, he's popular with girls (they willingly joined his group and got defeated so he would remember them), while he's totally hated by guys (they ganged on him)
- lol at Hyuse's competitiveness. 1.5 second against trion soldier was not good enough for him. He wanted to retry until he beats the record holder (yuuma)
- hyuse understandingly steamrolls the b-ranked attackers in handycap solo wars (one trigger only, cuz it's unfair for hyuse who only has 1 trigger atm). Even Tsuji, who got roped unknowingly, lost 2-5. Next week, vs Ikoma with 11177 solo points. I wonder if Jin is the 5th attacker because his solo points were frozen when he became S rank.
- it seems that Tsuji remarks that Hyuse's fighting style is very different from anyone at border. It's akin to someone who can fight with real swords (not sure if this lasr remark refers to Hyuse or Ikoma, most likely Hyuse)
p-kunSep 21, 2016 1:46 AM
Sep 21, 2016 1:55 AM

Jun 2016
I think Hyuse might go with

Main: Kogetsu, Viper, Shield, ???.

Sub: Bagworm, Chameleon, Shield, Asteroid .
Sep 21, 2016 2:40 AM

Feb 2015
dat_le_tat said:
Yup, new idiots trio. History repeat itself.

Huyse choose Kogetsu, maybe when he reach B rank he will chose all rounder. Shooter or gunner is a question.

And that too flashy Huyse, too flashy.
I think shooter is better for hyuse. It's more versatile than gunner, and the gunner's range advantage is not that needed anyway because hyuse has high trion.

HyreinVeltiston said:
I think Hyuse might go with

Main: Kogetsu, Viper, Shield, ???.

Sub: Bagworm, Chameleon, Shield, Asteroid .
I somehow got this configuration

Main : Kogetsu, Senkuu, Shield, Chameleon
Sub : Asteroid, Viper, Shield, Bagworm

Edit: Now that I think about it, if Hyuse is really confident with his skill, he might omits his bagworm altogether.
void_spaceSep 21, 2016 2:50 AM
Sep 21, 2016 2:55 AM

Jun 2016
Damn. I forgot about Senku altogether. Yeah. ??? now becomes senku.
Sep 21, 2016 3:04 AM
Feb 2015
I forgot to mention WT will be absent next week.
Sep 21, 2016 3:56 AM
Jul 2016
p-kun said:
I forgot to mention WT will be absent next week.
well, it has been quite some time since the last break and round 6 is over now. this is the kind of break I won't mind at all (looking at you hxh)
Sep 21, 2016 4:00 AM
Sep 2016
Ngl I would probably be one of those girls haha!!

Go Hyuse! (^o^)/
Sep 21, 2016 4:08 AM

Feb 2016
Who is the attacker who lost to Hyuse 5-0? Is he one of the members of Yuba Unit, or we are yet to see his Squad at all?
Sep 21, 2016 4:13 AM

Feb 2016
p-kun said:
Comments:
Next week, vs Ikoma with 11177 solo points. I wonder if Jin is the 5th attacker because his solo points were frozen when he became S rank.

Shiro Kikuchihara could be the 5th attacker. He has a cool SE and during his selection/practice session of the away mission he fought with Jin and he said that Jin was not a tough opponent, though I doubt Jin fought him seriously! So he might be the attacker no. 5.
Sep 21, 2016 4:26 AM

Nov 2013
Kogetsu? o.O
I seriously expected him to go with Scorpion. Oh well, this should be interesting, also he could still add more things later on after getting a combat Trigger.
Uma_double12 said:
Who is the attacker who lost to Hyuse 5-0? Is he one of the members of Yuba Unit, or we are yet to see his Squad at all?
That looks like Katori's squad uniform, so I bet it's Miura. Poor guy.
Sep 21, 2016 4:29 AM

Mar 2016
Botato said:
Uma_double12 said:
That looks like Katori's squad uniform, so I bet it's Miura. Poor guy.

"Poor guy" - LMAO when you said that.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that is he. Just look for the Chameleon "dots" and his gloves.

Also, welcome @kuhakkuuu
"[...]I have to admit I'm not a big anime fan. Most anime that makes it over here seems to be either about schoolgirls with supernatural powers who battle evil, or adolescent boys who - for some convoluted reason - wind up having to pilot big giant robots...although, today, you just need to put some boobs or harem and fantasy and it'll be 10/10."
Sep 21, 2016 4:34 AM

May 2016
Uma_double12 said:

That's Miura from Katori squad.

I think all of the attackers would be B-Rank. So the 5th Attacker may be Murakami.
Sep 21, 2016 4:45 AM

Nov 2013
Kanijo said:
Uma_double12 said:

That's Miura from Katori squad.

I think all of the attackers would be B-Rank. So the 5th Attacker may be Murakami.
He is 4th attacker, so nope.
Sep 21, 2016 4:51 AM
Feb 2015
Uma_double12 said:

Koarai (7280), Sasamori (7452), Tomoe (7009), and Miura (7407) all lost to Hyuse 0-5 or 1-5 (Sasamori). Koarai is the matchmaker in the group, roping Tsuji and Ikoma against Hyuse.

What's surprising is how high Miura's points are, considering he got clowned by Osamu. Tomoe did better against Yuuma and yet his points are smaller. Granted, Miura was distracted, but still.

BTW, Kikuchihara's BBF stat and performance is too poor to be the 5th. He's probably 9000+ at most, around Yoneya level.
p-kunSep 21, 2016 5:05 AM
Sep 21, 2016 4:53 AM

Nov 2013
But that panel of Sasamori shows he got one round.
Sep 21, 2016 5:06 AM
Feb 2015
^^ My mistake. I'll fix it.
Sep 21, 2016 5:20 AM
Feb 2015
The second funniest thing about this chapter is actually the TOC ranking (Ikoma poking Arashiyama's cheek is the first). Compared to the chapter ranked last week, the rank is middling. Clearly the first hyped chapter of round 6 < eggplant curry.
Sep 21, 2016 5:33 AM

Nov 2013
Btw I can't believe just yesterday I was saying Hyuse fighting official agents won't be fair, now Ashihara does it fairly anyway xD
He knows what the fans want to see, but also makes it reasonable. As good as Hyuse is, steamrolling these guys while they use combat Triggers would be hard to swallow.

Also we are already getting more Ikoma, I hope it stays that way.
Sep 21, 2016 5:46 AM

Jun 2016
Who said "Good job! You avenged us."? LMFAO! That's like rubbing salt in Sasamori's wounds.

EDIT: And yeah, I agree with p-kun. Ikoma poking Arashiyama's cheek was the most hilarious thing in this chapter lol
Sep 21, 2016 6:21 AM

Feb 2016
p-kun said:
Uma_double12 said:

Koarai (7280), Sasamori (7452), Tomoe (7009), and Miura (7407) all lost to Hyuse 0-5 or 1-5 (Sasamori). Koarai is the matchmaker in the group, roping Tsuji and Ikoma against Hyuse.

What's surprising is how high Miura's points are, considering he got clowned by Osamu. Tomoe did better against Yuuma and yet his points are smaller. Granted, Miura was distracted, but still.

BTW, Kikuchihara's BBF stat and performance is too poor to be the 5th. He's probably 9000+ at most, around Yoneya level.

Now, I have a question, does border's individual ranking truly represent the actual hierarchy of the combatants? I mean, they rank the attackers based on their total points, so could it be that Ikoma is more powerful than the other attackers above him- rank wise?
Sep 21, 2016 6:43 AM
Feb 2015
Uma_double12 said:

Now, I have a question, does border's individual ranking truly represent the actual hierarchy of the combatants? I mean, they rank the attackers based on their total points, so could it be that Ikoma is more powerful than the other attackers above him- rank wise?

No, but the stat spread a fairly good indication on how someone will perform. In general, agents that have around the same solo points (with Kage and Yuuma as expections) or agents with stats comparable to their peers with the same position (attackers with attackers, gunners with gunners, etc) are roughly of the same performance.
Sep 21, 2016 6:53 AM

Mar 2014
Botato said:
Btw I can't believe just yesterday I was saying Hyuse fighting official agents won't be fair, now Ashihara does it fairly anyway xD
He knows what the fans want to see, but also makes it reasonable. As good as Hyuse is, steamrolling these guys while they use combat Triggers would be hard to swallow.

Though I don't think having their full trigger sets would have helped them that much. Kogetsu users are pretty much rely on their fundamentals.
Sep 21, 2016 7:09 AM
May 2016
a B rank tie with Kazama in PVP
a white hair demon with perfect score
a trion monster that block the wall off
a foreign with one trigger and reach b rank in zero days

NICE... well he be so stubborn only equip with kogetsu to fight in rank b battle??
Sep 21, 2016 7:13 AM

Nov 2013
Dues-aj said:
Botato said:

Though I don't think having their full trigger sets would have helped them that much. Kogetsu users are pretty much rely on their fundamentals.
With Tsuji it might not have been that different, unless Senkuu helps him more than I expect.
The others have Grasshopper or Chameleon both of which give them far more options, Tomoe doesn't but he has Hound so. I think they would at least get 1-2 more rounds than this.
Sep 21, 2016 9:39 AM

Feb 2016
How many of the Border agents know that Hyuse is actually a neighbor - an Aftokrator?

So far the people aware of are:

Jin, Konami, Kizaki, Torimaru, Osamu, Chika, Yuma, Usami, Arashiyama, Tokieda (I don't think Arashiyama told to Kitora and Satori), and who else do you think??
Sep 21, 2016 9:50 AM

Nov 2013
You forgot Kikuchihara. He was present in Hyuse's interrogation due to his SE.
Sep 21, 2016 9:56 AM
Sep 2016
using only kogetsu will show how much swordsmanship you have.
that why tsuji lost , now we will see ikoma ...
Sep 21, 2016 11:59 AM
Mar 2016
p-kun said:

- it seems that Tsuji remarks that Hyuse's fighting style is very different from anyone at border. It's akin to someone who can fight with real swords (not sure if this lasr remark refers to Hyuse or Ikoma, most likely Hyuse)

maybe he lean how to use sword from viza (the master of sowrdman) that why he use it like real sowrd man.

Sorry for my bad english
Sep 21, 2016 2:49 PM
Oct 2015
teesprantum said:

I feel like Ikoma has a swordsmanship background. Maybe involved in kenpo clubs (or something similar) before joining border. I hope the first two rounds is Ikoma's loss and only because he keeps trying to use senkuu when he doesnt have it. Then he wins the next three when he gets used to just kogetsu.
Sep 21, 2016 4:22 PM

Mar 2014
I want to say I do like Border's new starting points system. It seems like it will work pretty well for the new larger influx of agents. Though I'm curious if the old system accounted for things that the new system dosen't?
Sep 21, 2016 5:48 PM
Apr 2016
deadmanwalking13 said:
teesprantum said:

I feel like Ikoma has a swordsmanship background. Maybe involved in kenpo clubs (or something similar) before joining border. I hope the first two rounds is Ikoma's loss and only because he keeps trying to use senkuu when he doesnt have it. Then he wins the next three when he gets used to just kogetsu.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did. His Senkuu attack is very similar to the "Quick Draw" style you see by some anime swordsmen. Hard to pin down exactly what the style is since it's normally exaggerated.

More than anything though, could Hyuse break that cool and casual exterior of Ikoma's? What food recommendation will Ikoma give Hyuse? Can the solo matches be changed to allow for 3 points for the last win? Should the title of the Manga be changed to "World Trigger. ft. Ikoma!" ?

Let's all wait two weeks to find out!
Sep 21, 2016 5:48 PM

Nov 2013
Dues-aj said:
I want to say I do like Border's new starting points system. It seems like it will work pretty well for the new larger influx of agents. Though I'm curious if the old system accounted for things that the new system dosen't?
Well it's hard to say since we don't know what the old system was like. We know it definitely wasn't combat training against Trion soldiers, judging by the reaction of C-Ranks to that back in enlistment arc.
So it probably was basic training like the things Yuma did. Would make sense that if they can already do them well to give them some kind of boost. Also maybe testing their physical abilities and athletics etc.

It's possible they had one on one duels as well. In this chapter it just felt like Border didn't have the time to do that anymore, so they came up with this method to judge a larger pool of people faster. Think of Hunter X Hunter Greed Island arc (spoilers)

Probably not as well detailed or accurate (not to mention it could be unfair for some) compared to the earlier method, but it gets the job done + raises competitive levels which is good.
Sep 21, 2016 7:16 PM
Sep 2016
deadmanwalking13 said:
teesprantum said:

i hope they tie, but as a chapter said hyuse using this time to be familliar again using a sword while ikoma always using it. and yes ikoma senku its like quick draw style..
Sep 22, 2016 5:15 AM

Feb 2016
I can see Hyuse becoming friend with Tachikawa and enjoy fighting each other. Tachikawa wouldn't even mind Hyuse being a neighbor since he is catholic, just like Jin.

I have been wondering for a while, the whole ranking system and virtual combat process were to improve the combat level of the Border's agents; so don't the Black Trigger users need to practice in virtual space and whet their skills? Or, the Black Trigger holders only fight during the practice session of Away Mission and the selected A rank units fight against the BT holder as a team and improve their teamwork.
Uma_double12Sep 22, 2016 6:18 AM
Sep 22, 2016 5:40 AM
Jul 2015
Previously I'd been wondering who they would get drawn against in the last two matches. Nino & Kage is guaranteed at some point, so I'm presuming they'll be together as the last match.

After this chapter, I'm expecting Ikoma to beat Hyuse, and for the next match to include Ikoma and Yuba (maybe Azuma as well)
Sep 22, 2016 6:48 AM

Nov 2013
Uma_double12 said:
I can see Hyuse becoming friend with Tachikawa and enjoy fighting each other. Tachikawa wouldn't even mind Hyuse being a neighbor since he is catholic, just like Jin.

I have been wondering for a while, the whole ranking system and virtual combat process were to improve the combat level of the Border's agents; so don't the Black Trigger users need to practice in virtual space and whet their skills? Or, the Black Trigger holders only fight during the practice session of Away Mission and the selected A rank units fight against the BT holder as a team and improve their teamwork.
Well, Jin is teaching people how to use Fujin, it's just not something Ashihara wants to show us yet so we just have to assume Fujin training happens off screen. Also Amou just wipes the virtual map in his BT form so Border either assumes his training is unnecessary as long as his targets are hordes of Trion soldiers, or they just still don't have the right set up to let him train. Either way we first need to see more of Amou before we inquire about his BT training, he has criminally low screen time ;_;
Sep 22, 2016 7:52 AM

Mar 2014
Wow, we get a lot of pages dedicated to Hyuse wrecking people.
Sep 22, 2016 7:58 AM
Feb 2015
^^ He looked so bored XD. And he was still smiling during the first bout. Poor him.

BTW, Hyuse defeated 16 people, times 120 gives us 1920. Plus training, he got 2000, so this means he only scored 80 in training, rather than the perfect score of 100 that Yuuma got. I wonder which type of training was his weakness. Stealth? Mobility?

I think we'll see Yuba team next. Also, I want indoor map next round. I hope the next enemy chooses museum map.
p-kunSep 22, 2016 8:06 AM
Sep 22, 2016 8:55 AM

Mar 2014
Museum would be cool, but I really want to see the forest map.
Sep 22, 2016 9:58 AM

Feb 2016
p-kun said:
^^ He looked so bored XD. And he was still smiling during the first bout. Poor him.

BTW, Hyuse defeated 16 people, times 120 gives us 1920. Plus training, he got 2000, so this means he only scored 80 in training, rather than the perfect score of 100 that Yuuma got. I wonder which type of training was his weakness. Stealth? Mobility?

I think we'll see Yuba team next. Also, I want indoor map next round. I hope the next enemy chooses museum map.

According to BBF, Hyuse Abilities are:

Trion--Attack--Defense/Support--Mobility--Skill--Range--Command--Special Tactics--Total
18------12---------------24--------------13-------9------4-----------6-----------10 --------------96

Though it is based on Lymphiris's but since his attack, defence and mobility are respectively 12, 24, and 13 so it's very surprising that he didn't manage to score 100 in the training. It would be great to see Ikoma pushing Hyuse in the next chapter.
Sep 22, 2016 10:26 AM
Sep 2016
this maybe leave an impression to the rest of B-rank teams of hyuse good at sword fighting , and the next rank match they will be surprise like "i thought he is attacker but why its raining viper here" well not really viper any other bullet will do.

hope he get some shooter/gunner trigger
teesprantumSep 22, 2016 10:40 AM
Sep 22, 2016 4:13 PM
Apr 2016
Uma_double12 said:
p-kun said:

Trion--Attack--Defense/Support--Mobility--Skill--Range--Command--Special Tactics--Total
18------12---------------24--------------13-------9------4-----------6-----------10 --------------96

Though it is based on Lymphiris's but since his attack, defence and mobility are respectively 12, 24, and 13 so it's very surprising that he didn't manage to score 100 in the training. It would be great to see Ikoma pushing Hyuse in the next chapter.

I think if Hyuse lost 2 against someone with 8k, he could easily lose a full set against Ikoma. Not that it wouldn't be competitive, but you don't get to 11k for no reason and you can see that even a 1000 point jump nabbed another win over the agents in the mid 7000's.
Sep 23, 2016 2:56 AM
Oct 2015
Good chapter.

I was right when I thought Hyuse would start with 1000 points, but I suprised he rose B rank in a half of day. But I'm not complaining of the new way to become B rank, if someone has a 19 wins 0 defeats, he merits to be B rank.

it's interesting Hyuse takes kotetsu as a main trigger. It has a some consequences. I think except Miwa, all kotetsu users has Senku too. If he isn't a except too, it means he has a free slot in main trigger and 2 free slots in sub triggers after he adds shields and bagworm..

For me, Ouji's way would be interesting for Hyuse, so it would be something like:

Main: Kotetsu, Senku, viper, shield
Sub: scorpion, Viper, Bagworm, Shield.

Although, Maybe be he can change Scorpion for a movility trigger. Since he has a high movility with Lampiris, maybe he wants to strengthen it.
It would be sad if Hyuse doesn't use shooter (o gunner) triggers because he has a high level of trion.

p-kun said:

Hyuse doesn't look like the funniest person in a feast..

Maybe now the training gives less points.

Uma_double12 said:
p-kun said:

Well, I think Hyuse will not rise much his Def/Supp because he wants to be an ace, but his high movility makes me to think he maybe takes a mobility trigger for strenghten it.(teleporter, grasshopper or Idaten)

Caeless said:
Uma_double12 said:

I think if Hyuse lost 2 against someone with 8k, he could easily lose a full set against Ikoma. Not that it wouldn't be competitive, but you don't get to 11k for no reason and you can see that even a 1000 point jump nabbed another win over the agents in the mid 7000's.

It looks like Ikoma would be the wall for Hyuse in the same way than Murakami is the wall for Yuuma
OneCommentarySep 23, 2016 3:00 AM
Sep 23, 2016 4:08 AM
Mar 2016
Hyuse will win cuz ikom will use only one trigger (kotetsu),
ikom he is not really good with kotetsu he is good only with senku,
Hyuse 5-4 ikom
Sep 23, 2016 4:56 AM
Oct 2015
YO0 said:
Hyuse will win cuz ikom will use only one trigger (kotetsu),
ikom he is not really good with kotetsu he is good only with senku,
Hyuse 5-4 ikom

I'm not sure Ikoma is good only with senku. Well, after all, we know that in two weeks
Sep 23, 2016 9:42 AM
Feb 2015
Scrutinizing the chapter, I realize that C-rank solo point award system has become really generous.

The C-rank idiot trio don't like fighting strong people, so it's likely that Hyuse fought them only once each in a 10 or so rounds match. Hyuse got 1016 from the 3 of them. In chapter 38, when Yuuma did this, he only got 225. So the current system is 4.5 times more generous point wise.

Furthermore, we know that the system awards more point if the point discrepancy was big.
- When Yuuma did it, he was at 1100 fighting against the leader at 2358 and his followers at 200-300 points lower than the leader. Around 900-1258 points difference.
- Hyuse is at 3000 and is fighting against the leader at 3792 and his followers at lower points than the leader (assumption). So 800 points difference at most. But Hyuse still gets 4.5 times more points despite the lower points difference.

Just as comparison, for official agents (not sure if the point system is the same as the C-rank one)
- in chapter 93, Yuuma at 4553 winning 21-9 against Midorikawa at 9985 (around 5500 points difference) only nets 264 points.
- We don't know the points difference with Yuiga, but Osamu only lost around 100 - 200 points after losing 48-152 against Yuiga.
So far, the B-rank system seems consistent with Yuuma's C-rank system experience under assumption that Yuuma won 30 times against the idiots (10 rounds each).

The only other explanation is that Hyuse did 4.5 times more matches with the idiot trio than Yuuma did, around 45 matches with each idiot (ignore diminishing return at the moment). This seems unlikely, due to timing. Hyuse started his orientation sometime before Round 6, Round 6 was 45 minutes and Ikoma just got back from it while T-2 are still not back from it to check up their new member (I suspect they'll do so next chapter).Round 6 evening session start time is still far away because Tsuji and Koarai still have a lot of time to hang around. I think at most we have 3 hours or so after Hyuse started his orientation. So in this 3 hours or so, it's unlikely that Hyuse did 135 matches against the 3 idiots while doing his orientation, training and matches with the B-rankers. Even if 1 round against the C-rankers lasts only 1 minute, 135 matches already take 2+ hours.

So, not only we have a new start point system, but we also get 4.5 times more generous point system. It certainly is convenient that all of these changes are made just in time for Hyuse's enrollment. That said, even without these changes, I'm confident Hyuse can rank up in a week anyway, so on the upside, these changes make the story drags less.

If this system change also applies to the B-rank solo battle system, I think we can see Hyuse reaching 6000 after this day. Yuuma and Kage will also reach 8000 in no time.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 239 Discussion

MegamiRem - Feb 1

14 by StregAnna77 »»
Mar 26, 8:54 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 240 Discussion

anime-prime - Mar 3

2 by ReaperCreeper »»
Mar 6, 3:54 PM

» Despair

Magical_Bananana - Feb 1

7 by Magical_Bananana »»
Feb 8, 5:31 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 238 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 3, 2023

5 by StregAnna77 »»
Nov 23, 2023 4:12 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 237 Discussion

MegamiRem - Oct 3, 2023

3 by ricksed »»
Oct 4, 2023 11:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.