Forum Settings
Forums

Is difference in graphics between consoles and PC really so big that players should abandon consoles?

New
Sep 20, 2016 9:04 PM
Sep 2007
Dunno, aside from fps (60fps is always enough, IMO), personally, I can't see PC games looking all that better.

On Gamespot, in comments, people talk how PS4 Pro for instance dissappoints, like it's the end of world.

Anyway, I'm owner of strong PC, but seeing stuff in games like Ctrl+G, instead of X, sguare, triangle, circle, is just to distracting, and to me, it just works well for emulators.

Also, just a side thought, but anything above 1080p60fps is unnecessary.

Are PC graphics really reason good enough to abandon consoles, even though PC games don't have beautiful things like x, square, triangle, and circle, and instead have ugly (sorry, but it is) keyboard buttons?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 21, 2016 5:41 AM
Jul 2018
Man, it's absurd to compare. PC is absolutely superior in EVERY aspect to a console.
Sep 21, 2016 5:52 AM

Aug 2014
M8, liking circle, square, triangle over Ctrl + G has nothing to do with whether it's better or not but personal preference lol. Why you even use that as an argument baffles me whatsoever.

While PCs can run some games much better than PS4, the difference isn't something that makes you want to abandon consoles completely. I mean there are still a good amount of exclusive like BB that one can't experience otherwise. However there are also games that are simply much better to be played on PC instead of consoles (such as FPS) and you can get the added benefit of playing with a controller on it, if that is what you want.
Sep 21, 2016 6:04 AM
Jul 2018
Snappynator said:
M8, liking circle, square, triangle over Ctrl + G has nothing to do with whether it's better or not but personal preference lol. Why you even use that as an argument baffles me whatsoever.

While PCs can run some games much better than PS4, the difference isn't something that makes you want to abandon consoles completely. I mean there are still a good amount of exclusive like BB that one can't experience otherwise. However there are also games that are simply much better to be played on PC instead of consoles (such as FPS) and you can get the added benefit of playing with a controller on it, if that is what you want.
There are way more PC exclusives than console exclusives. And if you like square and circle, use a gamepad.
Sep 21, 2016 6:11 AM

Jun 2016
bruh modern consoles struggle to maintain 30 fps
Sep 21, 2016 6:13 AM
Mar 2011
Lord_Sithis said:
Snappynator said:

There are way more PC exclusives than console exclusives. And if you like square and circle, use a gamepad.

nope than not true simplay put if you odny icnude indie games and game you have you dos box ot play

if yuor talking game made by any of the top 30 stuios in the world console wins hand down
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Sep 21, 2016 6:15 AM
Mar 2011
thejohnnie said:

your sir are a grahpics whore can still play dragon quest III and love it grahpocs whore are the cnacer among gamers over all thye the one who cuase dves to lie abount things
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Sep 21, 2016 6:15 AM
Jul 2018
DateYutaka said:
Lord_Sithis said:

nope than not true simplay put if you odny icnude indie games and game you have you dos box ot play

if yuor talking game made by any of the top 30 stuios in the world console wins hand down
This is trolling, but no, games made by top 30 studios run better on PC.
Sep 21, 2016 6:16 AM
Jul 2018
I never understood the stupid war between PC and console. PC is SUPERIOR in EVERY aspect. Deal with it.
Sep 21, 2016 6:18 AM
Mar 2011
Lord_Sithis said:
DateYutaka said:

its not even one who bgan as pc devs like Koei yes they are in the top 30 biigest stuios care fore ofr console than pc

i grew up on old pcs were franchese like ys and metal ger began but now were are they in the main yes i also do not count steam only games at all

Sep 21, 2016 6:21 AM
Mar 2011
Lord_Sithis said:
I never understood the stupid war between PC and console. PC is SUPERIOR in EVERY aspect. Deal with it.

right what selles more units a game on a conosle or a game on pc

name a ppur pc franchise [ that has never had a comsole relse that in in the 5 selling franhcese of all time ]

i game on both mind you eletsim sickens me

how come ore big selling franses are console only then

i alos d not count digtall only games as el games cause you lack rights of ownership simple as that

Sep 21, 2016 6:26 AM
Jul 2018
DateYutaka said:
Lord_Sithis said:

its not even one who bgan as pc devs like Koei yes they are in the top 30 biigest stuios care fore ofr console than pc

i grew up on old pcs were franchese like ys and metal ger began but now were are they in the main yes i also do not count steam only games at all
Because most gamers are casuals who play on consoles out of convenience. But PC is still superior.
Sep 21, 2016 6:28 AM

Apr 2015
If your sole reason to jump to PC only is for merely the graphics, you are a fool.

PC's strongest points come from modding and indie games/PC Exclusive games. If you don't care about those three points, then there is no reason to make the jump.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Sep 21, 2016 6:30 AM

Jun 2016
DateYutaka said:
thejohnnie said:

your sir are a grahpics whore can still play dragon quest III and love it grahpocs whore are the cnacer among gamers over all thye the one who cuase dves to lie abount things

hahahahahahahaha bruh I said MODERN consoles. I know very well that snes and shit can play things at 60 fps.
---
also holy shit man did you have a seizure writing that comment or something jesus
Sep 21, 2016 6:41 AM
Mar 2011
Lord_Sithis said:
DateYutaka said:

Because most gamers are casuals who play on consoles out of convenience. But PC is still superior.

people like superior. things simple as that is Pc was all that better then more peole would buy high end gaming Pcs and plus there is not eve a full os3 stable no gliches emultaor for pc yet and colse tht is over 10 years im sorry that is wack and show pcs weekness when people say eunmlation is a srtong ponit of pc and a 10 year old system os not full there hell tteh Saturn as only just been cracked while i i just plued in my satrun at play it fine

its took 20 years to crack the best system of it genration if you og but the metrc os bets games vs trash games then the stau is one of the system of all time ta it took 20 years ot crack it fuck me that is lazness iv mondded my stasrun i know how the inserd work and it should not have talen thnat long ot crack hll it tokk the goin i a bakc door thatw as always there and it took then 2o years

pc these crrackers are emu marker hate a challange even when it not reallly that huge of one

InsaneLeader13 said:
If your sole reason to jump to PC only is for merely the graphics, you are a fool.

PC's strongest points come from modding and indie games/PC Exclusive games. If you don't care about those three points, then there is no reason to make the jump.
InsaneLeader13 said:

idie game devs are just to cheap ot go on console

name me 25 games from the big 30 game devs that are pc exculsive i bet you cannot

Sep 21, 2016 7:04 AM
Jul 2018
DateYutaka said:
Lord_Sithis said:

right what selles more units a game on a conosle or a game on pc

name a ppur pc franchise [ that has never had a comsole relse that in in the 5 selling franhcese of all time ]

i game on both mind you eletsim sickens me

how come ore big selling franses are console only then

i alos d not count digtall only games as el games cause you lack rights of ownership simple as that

Sells don't determine which one is better.
Sep 21, 2016 7:09 AM
Jul 2018
@DateYutaka This is not a discussion. PC is superior to console, if you don't like it, good for you.
Sep 21, 2016 7:12 AM

Aug 2012
Lord_Sithis said:
@DateYutaka This is not a discussion. PC is superior to console, if you don't like it, good for you.

There's always a discussion. Mind telling me how am I supposed to play exclusives with a PC? I'm not saying a PS4 is better, just don't go off acting like it's facts.
Sep 21, 2016 7:14 AM
Jul 2018
Yarub said:
Lord_Sithis said:

There's always a discussion. Mind telling me how am I supposed to play exclusives with a PC? I'm not saying a PS4 is better, just don't go off acting like it's facts.
There are way more exclusives for PC than for PS4. How are you supposed to play them? Also, PC has emulation. True, it'll take time to emulate a PS4, but PS4 will never emulate PC.
Sep 21, 2016 7:21 AM

Aug 2012
Lord_Sithis said:
Yarub said:

There are way more exclusives for PC than for PS4. How are you supposed to play them? Also, PC has emulation. True, it'll take time to emulate a PS4, but PS4 will never emulate PC.
Everyone has a PC, The question is whether you're willing to buy a 3k PC to play games or a 700$ console. If I wanted a PC exclusive, I'd buy one on my PC.
Let's just say I'd kill for a Uncharted 4. I also want to play it in glorious PC because "It's superior" Apparently, It doesn't have Uncharted so whether it being the best has no relevance in my occasion. A PS4 can't emulate a PC, simply because *Drum roll* It wasn't meant to emulate a PC. That wasn't hard, was it?
Sep 21, 2016 7:24 AM
Jul 2018
Yarub said:
Lord_Sithis said:
Everyone has a PC, The question is whether you're willing to buy a 3k PC to play games or a 700$ console. If I wanted a PC exclusive, I'd buy one on my PC.
Let's just say I'd kill for a Uncharted 4. I also want to play it in glorious PC because "It's superior" Apparently, It doesn't have Uncharted so whether it being the best has no relevance in my occasion. A PS4 can't emulate a PC, simply because *Drum roll* It wasn't meant to emulate a PC. That wasn't hard, was it?
You're just proving my point.
And what happens if I want to play WoW on my PS4 because "it's cheaper". Apparently, it doesn't have WoW.
Want to compare your PS4 to my gaming PC to get rid of the doubts of which one is better?
Sep 21, 2016 7:25 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Think this is a pretty good summary:

tl;dr - Factually speaking a PC is superior since it can do many more tasks and also with better performance, albeit at a bigger price tag. Though if you just want to play dancing games with your girl friends then a Wii will do you just fine. So it depends on how you look at it

To answer OP's question, of course PCs can achieve much better graphics but it's not like graphics are the only important thing when it comes to video games soooo to each their own
Sep 21, 2016 7:30 AM

Aug 2012
Lord_Sithis said:
Yarub said:
And what happens if I want to play WoW on my PS4 because "it's cheaper". Apparently, it doesn't have WoW.
Want to compare your PS4 to my gaming PC to get rid of the doubts of which one is better?

I'm just saying it is of relevance to the user. Quality wise, a PC is better, not in everything. I favor a PS4, you favor a PC. If You want to play shit games like WoW on your 'monster' PC, go ahead. Your glorious superior PC won't get my wanted Uncharted 4 anytime soon.
Sep 21, 2016 8:12 AM
Sep 2015
@Yarub You don't need to have an expensive PC to run most games, my sandnigga. I have a semi-gaming laptop (the horror I know) and I can run Witcher 3 and Mankind Divided just fine and that's all I need, to game from time to time, nothing more, same with consoles, they're so popular because they're so accesible, you just insert the CD and play.
OT: Consoles are more fun, PCs are more versatile, what you go for is a matter of preference at this point.
Sep 21, 2016 8:49 AM

Mar 2014
OP should word his comment better

Lord_Sithis said:
Yarub said:
no one with a brain is starving to play a 10 year old game on a PS4. MMO is a dying genre anyway.
Sep 21, 2016 9:08 AM
Jul 2018
sullynathan said:
OP should word his comment better

Lord_Sithis said:
no one with a brain is starving to play a 10 year old game on a PS4. MMO is a dying genre anyway.
It's an example. There are many great PC exclusive games.
Sep 21, 2016 9:10 AM
Jul 2018
Yarub said:
Lord_Sithis said:

I'm just saying it is of relevance to the user. Quality wise, a PC is better, not in everything. I favor a PS4, you favor a PC. If You want to play shit games like WoW on your 'monster' PC, go ahead. Your glorious superior PC won't get my wanted Uncharted 4 anytime soon.
That just means you want to play Uncharted 4, not that console is better. See, PC is better and no one can prove otherwise because it's an objective fact.
Sep 21, 2016 9:59 AM

Oct 2014
Like in the video posted by @HaXXspetten, PC's are objectively superior. Consoles do have advantages but they're not much. About the only good news for consoles lately is that they get some very good exclusives and that PC ports are still up and down lately despite the last absolute porting tragedy still being the Arkham Knight disaster.

But for everything else, PC can do it better than consoles, not just the graphics alone. There are so many reasons to own a PC and it's way more versatile. You can play on your desk or in front of your TV while using a mouse and keyboard or just a gamepad instead.
Khaosman-OSASep 21, 2016 11:15 AM
Sep 21, 2016 10:00 AM
Mar 2011
Lord_Sithis said:
Yarub said:

fuck me its not even got a emulator for 20 year old system stable yes the satun as just been cracjks and the ps3 has not

your a close minded dickhead

Sep 21, 2016 10:08 AM
Mar 2011
Khaosman-ADVENT said:
Like in the video posted by @HaXXspetten, PC's are objectively superior. Consoles do have advantages but they're not much. About the only good news for consoles lately is that they get some very good exclusives and that PC ports are still up and down lately despite the last absolute porting tragedy still being the Arkham Knight disaster.

But for everything else, PC can do it better than consoles, not just the graphics alone. There are so many reasons to own a PC and it's way more versatile. You can play on your desk or i front of your TV while using a mouse and keyboard or just a gamepad instead.

that haooed Kamd ibng the unquestion btter control system the master rac should not need or want gamepads or fight sticks or any other from of contral input

and your master need pov silders of first persion games why if its so so so much bettrr you should not need that option

my ps4 is tied up to my uhd 4k 102 inch tv hrd10 too a tv that is surpse to havr a cosle hook up to it my pc biggest motor there is avabllie is 46 inch befroe yi say oh i csn fit it to my pc too the tv thats it the monitor is its native home ihmo

Sep 21, 2016 10:44 AM

Aug 2012
@Lord_Sithis Look, are you acting stupid on purpose? Here we go.

The PC is generally better than the console. Get it? Consoles appeal because they have better exclusives. Get it? Most PC exclusiveso are shit anyway. Get it? You get better games at a console. Get it?

Ergo, the PC is not better at everything. If you don't get this simple logic, I don't even know how to convince you.

@TiaDee They're shit games anyway so...
Sep 21, 2016 10:47 AM
Sep 2015
@Yarub Mankind is, Witcher isn't, you terrorist!
Btw wanna come to this club? Liar and Erg are there as well
Sep 21, 2016 10:53 AM
Jul 2018
Yarub said:
@Lord_Sithis Look, are you acting stupid on purpose? Here we go.

The PC is generally better than the console. Get it? Consoles appeal because they have better exclusives. Get it? Most PC exclusiveso are shit anyway. Get it? You get better games at a console. Get it?

Ergo, the PC is not better at everything. If you don't get this simple logic, I don't even know how to convince you.

@TiaDee They're shit games anyway so...
Most PC exclusives are shit... YEAH! YOU WISH! And what happens to the indie games? And now I want you to tell me a big thing in which console is better. Except for price. And I don't care about exclusives, PC also has exclusives.
Sep 21, 2016 10:58 AM

Aug 2012
@TiaDee The Witches is shit. The club members look like a bunch of fags.

@Lord_Sithis Easier UI to use, you can have everything ready in a second. Built in chat parties, a store, a semi new generation of consoles that are supposed to be in par with a PC.
Sep 21, 2016 11:00 AM

Mar 2016
Graphics aren't everything for me in a game. Also Pc gamers miss out on some cool console exclusives too (like red dead redemption) . Also the whole pc requirements for running games smoothly are confusing and varying, it's like a labyrinth of specs and what to have and need and not to have and need especially if you're an avid gamer. Yeah call me lazy or simple, but i'd rather have a ps4, plug it in , insert ps4 game disc , and play and not worry about the whole req shit stuff . all in all, i don't think of switching to a pc anytime soon . The big advantage is that pc can run older games while ps4 will run games of its gen only (they are bringing some older games though to consoles) and the better graphics of course . Oh and i hate WoW, dota, LoL etc and most MMOs so i don't consider myself missing out on them lol.
Sep 21, 2016 11:07 AM

Jul 2014
Psajdak said:
Dunno, aside from fps (60fps is always enough, IMO)

Hmm, Rocket League begs to differ, when I come up against Playstation players in Rocket League I just know I'm going to wreck house with my 144hz over their 60, even if they're all the same rank as me.

Instead of asking what advantages PC has, ask yourself what advantages consoles have? Because they don't have game sales, you have to pay for multiplayer, they're no longer easier to use than PCs - so really, what do consoles have?
Lower initial cost that will assuredly accumulate to greater cost over time.
Sep 21, 2016 11:08 AM
Jul 2018
Yarub said:
@TiaDee The Witches is shit. The club members look like a bunch of fags.

@Lord_Sithis Easier UI to use, you can have everything ready in a second. Built in chat parties, a store, a semi new generation of consoles that are supposed to be in par with a PC.

Easier UI: That depends. I would argue that PC is much easier since you have the mouse.
Chat parties: True. Install Steam, Raptr, Discord, no problem.
Store: Steam. Much better store that any console store.
Generation supposed to be in par with a PC: RIGHT... HAHAHAHA!! Yeah, the PS4 has a i7-6700 @ 3.40 GHz, 16 GB of RAM, the GeForce GTX 970... Yep, in par. And that's not even an ultimate PC.
Sep 21, 2016 11:23 AM

Oct 2014
tomato5 said:
Khaosman-ADVENT said:
Like in the video posted by @HaXXspetten, PC's are objectively superior. Consoles do have advantages but they're not much.

So..... PC is subjectively superior, if you admit consoles have some advantages, but you don't care for these advantages.

Objective, being that on paper, a decent PC would outperform a console anytime. Even the PS4 Pro and Scorpio coming out next year is confirmed to be maxed around what would be a mid-range PC at the time of their release.

Subjective, being that it's completely up to you to deal with the advantages or disadvantages of each platform. A PC would always be more powerful but if you like having things simpler or you like the exclusives, buy a console.

As gamers, we are also consumers.
Sep 21, 2016 11:43 AM

Aug 2012
@Lord_Sithis calm yer nerves down, son. We all know you have slick that PC no need to boast with the specs like damn those specs are fire. Should I clap?

Why don't you go look at Ps Neo, sonny boy? And yes the UI is easier since you don't have to install anything. It's ready for you when you open it. Now, go play WoW, or you cool PC exclusives.
Sep 21, 2016 12:33 PM
Jul 2018
Yarub said:
@Lord_Sithis calm yer nerves down, son. We all know you have slick that PC no need to boast with the specs like damn those specs are fire. Should I clap?

Why don't you go look at Ps Neo, sonny boy? And yes the UI is easier since you don't have to install anything. It's ready for you when you open it. Now, go play WoW, or you cool PC exclusives.
Am I boasting? I'm just showing that PC is superior to PS4. And I'm calm, don't worry. I'll never get angry during a PC vs Console discussion because the winner is obvious.
Sep 21, 2016 12:36 PM

Dec 2012
PC gaming is a joke. So much effort, money and time just to play something and the advantage is just superior graphics? pffts. PC sometimes get worse ports than last gen consoles.
Sep 21, 2016 12:38 PM

May 2010
Yeah throw your PS4Pro in the dumpster. Specifically the one I use. Or if you could just set it off to the side so I don't have to dig for it...
Sep 21, 2016 3:23 PM

Feb 2010
Lord_Sithis said:
Snappynator said:

I will take Bloodborne over any of them.
Sep 21, 2016 3:24 PM

Jul 2015
Not really that graphics "high" wears off pretty fast. Despite that, pc does have more to offer in that there is a wider variety of games and it's better for day to day task (email, research, content creation ect.)

but one thing i like about consoles is that they make decent home theatre machines. If got hulu cr ect or if you got the wii u, it's browser supports video playback on illegal streaming sites.
Sep 21, 2016 3:24 PM
Jul 2018
Vanisher said:
Lord_Sithis said:

I will take Bloodborne over any of them.
Yep, Bloodborne is amazing. But that's not enough for saying console is better than PC.
Sep 21, 2016 3:48 PM

Nov 2008
No, PC is extremely lacking in AAA and Middle Market Eastern made exclusives, you only see the stuff that comes west on PC.

Sep 21, 2016 3:50 PM

Aug 2016
Consoles have better AAA exclusives and their easier to use. Don't forget to factor in portable consoles like the 3DS and PS Vita. Any average joe can pick it up and play anywhere they want.

PC gaming is just plain cheaper. Games are practically given away, but you're bound to your computer chair and a 19 inch computer monitor.

And before someone mentions you can game with a PC on your 60inch family room monstrosity.. No. Just no. Nobody does that.

Cliff Notes: Buy Both you filthy casual
Sep 21, 2016 4:24 PM

Nov 2008
No, graphics aren't a good enough reason to abandon consoles. Do it because...

1. The big three have no intention of preserving their games with backwards compatibility or compatible operating systems between generations. Newer consoles are much more intricate and fragile than the old. They want you to buy the same games every generation, as remasters, or repurchase the consoles until they're no longer available. Designing games for different specifications is safer.

2. Because proprietary hardware is much harder to repair when something breaks. You'll probably have to throw the whole console away instead of replacing the broken motherboard or power supply.

3. Because they try to make you pay for everything, locking you out of huge portions of your games if you don't have an online subscription.

4. Because of the lack of control options. There are lots of games that I prefer with a mouse and keyboard, but anything first-person especially.

5: Because PC games have better sales, more often.

6. Because if you're already at your computer, as I'm guessing most here are, it's much easier and faster to launch a game than it would be to turn on a console, switch video channels and find the game in the menu with the D-pad. Multitasking is nice.

7. Because of reduced loading times and the ability to skip intros (logos and warnings).

There are a few console games that I want to play, but it's not worth all the frustrations, concerns and costs. I always have something to do anyway. Plus, if I got a console, I'd have to switch my headphones from the controller to my tower and back. I like doing everything with one system. It's easier.

JunkYardHiro said:
PC gaming is just plain cheaper. Games are practically given away, but you're bound to your computer chair and a 19 inch computer monitor.

And before someone mentions you can game with a PC on your 60inch family room monstrosity.. No. Just no. Nobody does that.l
I would if I had a 60 inch monstrosity. Might be nice to watch my movies on a big screen.

Mod Edit: Merged consecutive posts; please use the edit button.
TenshoOct 2, 2016 5:37 AM

Sep 21, 2016 5:53 PM

Sep 2014
You see, the circle jerking you see in Gamespot or IGN, or just games videos in General, they are the twats of the PC race. Those are often disregarded by the PC master race. They're the minority, they're just the loudest of the bunch. That same logic applies to console fanboys.
Sep 21, 2016 6:19 PM

Nov 2008
Psajdak said:
even though PC games don't have beautiful things like x, square, triangle, and circle, and instead have ugly (sorry, but it is) keyboard buttons?
Controller prompts are pretty universal. I really hate it when a PC game defaults to the Xbox buttons because I have a controller connected. The only way to force it to the keyboard and mouse prompts in some of them is to disconnect the controller.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Do you guys enjoy fighting games? ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Feb 11

51 by juanlqr »»
3 hours ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - 7 hours ago

0 by _Nette_ »»
7 hours ago

» What is your favorite Elder Scrolls game?

Ex-Aid - Yesterday

4 by _Nette_ »»
7 hours ago

» Is MAL ever going to update it's UI?

Pineapplepirate - Dec 19, 2020

31 by Timeline_man »»
11 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3719 by creepylurker »»
Yesterday, 2:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.