Forum Settings
Forums

Donald Trump Jr compares Syrian refugees to poisoned Skittles

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 24, 2016 12:12 AM

Apr 2015
Don't see the problem here
Sep 24, 2016 4:16 AM
Mar 2011
Grey-Zone said:
DateYutaka said:
im nati censorship so "hate-speech-laws" can fuck right off

oh but banning all the extremists would mean banning christian extremist so that would fuck up a large part of the GOP voter base

id say ban any one who wantts ot overely mix realgion with public policy

ban all who are pro mixing hmme ot things

that is islamist zionists and the christian extremist like the war on christmas types for example or the christian extmsiist who are ully beyond insanly anti science and reason

thus ending all Demogary

In the case of the USA, in case that really happened, the GOP would be left with purely fiscal conservatives while all the pure social conservatives and the mixed ones would probably be gone... they'd be running unopposed in every election because Democrats' strongest arguments are the "social conservative crazies" on the GOP side, which would be gone then. Considering how public opinion is that GOP are better in economic issues, the Democrats would become paralized and the GOP would win everything for tens of years. You'd perhaps even see Libertarians replace Democrats because everyone's attention would turn to the SJWs.

Are you sure you would want this?

Let's not even mention the fact that you are essentially proposing the "thought police" to become a real thing which is contrary to your claim of being anti-censorship.

so aere you reelly aying that the dems ae really truly stilll the part of the left i call bul shit on that

there a a few legit leftite in the party minus that there all mostly center right so yes a left libertarian party would be perfect in us Politics imo
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Sep 24, 2016 1:00 PM

May 2015
Thrashinuva said:

1. Everyone is dying. Including the fish both in AND out of water.

The fish is literally suffocating by the second, which is way more unconformable.
2. Catfish intentionally leave the water. But I guess we should ignore the outliers, right?

Yes we should. Since that's not really the point. The analogy was used as a political campaign, it makes no sense and doesn't address the issue.

3. Rigorous testing is one of the things we're lacking, hence a problem.

http://www.unhcr.org/3bd58ce9a.html
We have testing (at all). The same way we have testing for poisoned goods.

4. 73 billion skittles are made each year. If even one of them killed a person a year, we would have a massive outcry. We don't "know" what's poisoned, but the fact any of them are is a huge concern. And when you have a vast supply of completely healthy M&M's and other candies, why risk skittles, when although the chance is small, the chance is there?

Plenty of people die unintentionally. Accidental death. These are individually driven. Steps are taken to prevent it as much as possible, but to continue our much valued daily lives, we can't avoid accidents altogether.

Plenty of people are murdered each year. Many of these are individually driven. Odds are, if you don't make a habit of pissing people off, you're going to live a fairly murder-free life. It may not be 100% avoidable, but the steps you can take to minimize chances are clear and obvious. Many people simply overestimate their chances and assume too much risk.

Death to disease or related is inevitable. Whether it's cancer or old age, it's going to happen. If you aren't killed then you still die. There's steps to make it happen slower, but no steps to prevent it.

Mass murder doesn't happen a whole lot. There's nothing a civilian can do to prevent a serious, careful, and determined would-be perpetrator. You can't simply be nicer to them, or avoid them, or be careful around them. You can't mind your health or heed any warnings. Even the government has a hard time preventing such criminals. You can try to monitor purchases of sensitive material, such as ammunition, or bomb making materials, or certain guns. But there's no foolproof method and often someone slips through the cracks.

Mass murder by an immigrant is highly preventable, but only by the government. A civilian can't stop them at the border, but the government can. When you're not trying to keep track of 100 thousand immigrants, and instead only a fraction of that, you can better keep track of their behaviors and purchases, to ensure they aren't about to shoot 50 people, or indoctrinate a child to a terrorist cause. They may not be the leading cause of death, but they're a highly preventable and highly lethal cause of death. However not just one individual can look out for themselves on the matter.

You don't have to say no to them all, but if the alternative is to let everyone in, then that's a huge problem. When one of them kills someone and you just say "oh well, them's the breaks", you should be saying "Hey government, what's the deal? Straighten up." It's either your death, or someone you've condemned to death, someone from your very own land, for the sake of a society bent on destroying your own.

When you want to take in people from a war torn country, then you must realize what it means for your country to take them in. If you just half ass it haphazardly, that war torn country might not be so foreign anymore

Do you exempt yourself from any sweets? Do you avoid the mountains? Eat only smooth food to avoid choking? Live everyday in a suit to prevent diseases from killing you? Do you not drive cars because there's more safety walking?

Some you take your chances, sometimes you don't. You can evaluate whether or not it's a chance that has to be worth taking or an open invitation for tragedy on your own time. But skittles analogies over social media isn't evaluation.

ashfrliebertSep 24, 2016 1:04 PM
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Sep 24, 2016 1:06 PM

May 2010
ashfrliebert said:
But skittles analogies over social media isn't evaluation.

And Trump Jr. isn't a candidate for office.
Sep 24, 2016 2:57 PM

Nov 2009
Guys, seriously . . .

Why has nobody stopped to ask why terrorists would apply for refugee status in the United States in the first place. Do you retards really think that is the easiest route? It is like saying "What would you do if you have a car, a license, and need to get to a grocery store .5 miles away"?

1) Petition the grocery store to build a helipad on top of their roof.
2) Save up $20,000+ for a helicopter.
3) Get a license to fly a helicopter.
4) Drive to the hangar where the helicopter is being stored.
5) Fly the helicopter to the grocery store.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are far, far, FAR, easier ways to get into the US than claiming refugee status. The fact that this is even a talking point is actually making my head hurt.
Sep 24, 2016 3:06 PM

May 2010
Pirating_Ninja said:
Guys, seriously . . .

Why has nobody stopped to ask why terrorists would apply for refugee status in the United States in the first place. Do you retards really think that is the easiest route? It is like saying "What would you do if you have a car, a license, and need to get to a grocery store .5 miles away"?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are far, far, FAR, easier ways to get into the US than claiming refugee status. The fact that this is even a talking point is actually making my head hurt.

It's such a great thing that France hasn't been the subject of any terrorist attacks this year.
Sep 24, 2016 3:48 PM

Nov 2009
Thrashinuva said:
Pirating_Ninja said:
Guys, seriously . . .

It's such a great thing that France hasn't been the subject of any terrorist attacks this year.
Oh I see . . . So the route taken by refugees across the Mediterannean sea, which already has a somewhat high mortality rate, would be comparable to a route taken from Turkey to the United States on small wooden boats / Rubber dinghies. Keep comparing the two, it just makes your awareness of the difference - primarily the distance in bodies of water, one being 2.5 miles and the other being 6,323 miles - all the more ironic.

Also, I was unaware that the US had a similar refugee policy to that of the EU. It was to my understanding that unlike the EU which just accepted everyone, the US has 2-3 years of intense vetting through just about every major US intelligence agency, and includes other aspects like a 6 month course on educating refugees on our own culture. I mean, applying for refugee status in the United States must be so much harder than doing things like, I don't know, flying to a South American country and crossing the border illegally or (easier still) simply applying for a travel / work / student / etc. visa.
---------------------------------------------

So you are right, In the US (which is the exact same geographically and politically speaking as the EU) we have to worry about the refugees being the terrorists. Again though, for all sane people, implying that those who apply for refugee status are the terrorists, it is literally just signalling that you have downs (or more likely, have no idea what you are talking about and conflating "refugees" in Europe with those in the United States).
Pirating_NinjaSep 24, 2016 3:53 PM
Sep 24, 2016 3:53 PM

May 2016
Lol, such a poet. Best analogy ever.
Sep 24, 2016 4:04 PM

May 2010
Pirating_Ninja said:
the US has 2-3 years of intense vetting through just about every major US intelligence agency, and includes other aspects like a 6 month course on educating refugees on our own culture.

Doesn't sound too bad. We probably won't have too many problems if we just stick to that.
Sep 24, 2016 4:47 PM

Nov 2009
Thrashinuva said:
Pirating_Ninja said:
the US has 2-3 years of intense vetting through just about every major US intelligence agency, and includes other aspects like a 6 month course on educating refugees on our own culture.

Doesn't sound too bad. We probably won't have too many problems if we just stick to that.
Funny thing is, last time I saw Trump comment on "We need stricter vetting process", his ideal was less strict then what is currently in place . . .

Although still, again, beating a dead horse here but none of this matters. Terrorists are not going to apply for refugee status to get into the US, that is literally the most difficult way to come over and the #1 way to get caught.

However even in Europe this analogy would still need to be increased by a few magnitudes in order to be even remotely accurate. It is, by definition, "fear mongering" . . . The fact that so many people buy into this as "reasonable" despite so many problems with it logically is really what people mean when they say people are by and large "sheeple", gullible as @#$%.

Although don't get me wrong, I'm not overly thrilled about welcoming in refugees / economic migrants either too be perfectly honest. The people who cross the border illegally and toil away working in agriculture are one thing, they aren't "taking jobs" and are usually too removed from society to contribute to any type of crime (not that it doesn't happen). However, what we are talking about is, in large part, underqualified individuals who will most likely be weak in English severely limiting their job opportunities to minimum wage jobs placing them into the lower class. As it stands, with jobs being lost left and right to automation / outsourcing, and a government that doesn't really give two shits about the lower class, adding in a bunch to the lower class is only going to exponentially increase normal crimes due to a larger and larger percentage of the population being poor, unable to climb out due to an absolutely shit tier educational system, and thus turning to crime.

All this terrorist bull shit is just that, bull shit that politicians cook up to fear monger and distract the population from the real reason they can't do it since then the blame for said reason would fall onto them who are more than happy throwing their lot in with the people desperately seeking out cheap labor, rather than the people getting screwed over by it.
Sep 24, 2016 5:40 PM

May 2015
Thrashinuva said:

And Trump Jr. isn't a candidate for office.

Well, I never said it was much worthy of attention. Being petty is my forte!
Sep 29, 2016 7:42 AM

Aug 2016
ashfrliebert said:
JunkYardHiro said:
I kinda hate that sour Skittles aren't really all that sour. They do taste good but they lose their tartness too quickly.

I don't really see what the issue is. Trump Jr used an analogy. But no matter how he says it he's bound to receive some criticism and hate because of his name.

Did you skip every single response I made. The problem with the analogy is that humans feel, and die, and have family and needs/wants. Skittles just gives you diabetes.

Now there's tons of rebukes against that I'm sure (I don't care), but it's not "skittles" analogies. Analogies are dumb, you can say "we're picking out the bad ones from the good ones" and you get the point across much quicker. Trump did this with his presidential announcement, just mix it up a little.

When Syrian sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

Boom, works way easier.

You may not like the comparisons he drew based on your personal feelings, but he used an analogy correctly.
Too much sensitivity out there. Y'all knew what he meant.
JunkYardHiroSep 29, 2016 7:48 AM
Sep 29, 2016 7:51 AM

May 2016
Pirating_Ninja said:
Thrashinuva said:

Funny thing is, last time I saw Trump comment on "We need stricter vetting process", his ideal was less strict then what is currently in place . . .

Although still, again, beating a dead horse here but none of this matters. Terrorists are not going to apply for refugee status to get into the US, that is literally the most difficult way to come over and the #1 way to get caught.

However even in Europe this analogy would still need to be increased by a few magnitudes in order to be even remotely accurate. It is, by definition, "fear mongering" . . . The fact that so many people buy into this as "reasonable" despite so many problems with it logically is really what people mean when they say people are by and large "sheeple", gullible as @#$%.

Although don't get me wrong, I'm not overly thrilled about welcoming in refugees / economic migrants either too be perfectly honest. The people who cross the border illegally and toil away working in agriculture are one thing, they aren't "taking jobs" and are usually too removed from society to contribute to any type of crime (not that it doesn't happen). However, what we are talking about is, in large part, underqualified individuals who will most likely be weak in English severely limiting their job opportunities to minimum wage jobs placing them into the lower class. As it stands, with jobs being lost left and right to automation / outsourcing, and a government that doesn't really give two shits about the lower class, adding in a bunch to the lower class is only going to exponentially increase normal crimes due to a larger and larger percentage of the population being poor, unable to climb out due to an absolutely shit tier educational system, and thus turning to crime.

All this terrorist bull shit is just that, bull shit that politicians cook up to fear monger and distract the population from the real reason they can't do it since then the blame for said reason would fall onto them who are more than happy throwing their lot in with the people desperately seeking out cheap labor, rather than the people getting screwed over by it.

so what about all the stories about refugees raping woman and doing other stuff? Even if they aren't literally blowing people up. They should stay in the shitholes they are from. end of story.
Sep 29, 2016 7:57 AM

Apr 2015
All the MALers defending the tweet but would be outraged over this

Sep 29, 2016 8:03 AM

Nov 2009
Sorakaa said:
Pirating_Ninja said:

so what about all the stories about refugees raping woman and doing other stuff? Even if they aren't literally blowing people up. They should stay in the shitholes they are from. end of story.
Again, not the US. Although these types of things are more likely with people of lower socio-economic classes in general which is why I'm not overly enthused about inviting a bunch in either.

That being said, I openly admit my reasons, I'm not some rich pussy too afraid to speak the truth, so instead fall back on illogical rhetoric that only panders to idiots through the use of fear mongering.
Sep 29, 2016 8:10 AM

May 2015
JunkYardHiro said:

You may not like the comparisons he drew based on your personal feelings, but he used an analogy correctly.
Too much sensitivity out there. Y'all knew what he meant.

I know exactly what he meant, he meant to use a sensible, applicable analogy. But he failed miserably.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.