Forum Settings
Forums

Is it true that more women are getting into anime?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 23, 2016 10:42 AM

Oct 2014
This is so fun, you seem to see us as weird animals. Like "omg, women watching anime ?! please tell me you got a d."

So yes, a woman can watch animes without being weird. Is it because of Shonen-ai/Yaoi ? Nope, not at all. This genre is made to be liked by woman, so of course if you talk about one, most of the replies will come from women. But there are also a lot who don't like Shonen-ai/Yaoi, or even Shoujo/Josei !

Personnally I happen to like this genre, okay, but I don't really like Shoujo. I'm way more into Shonen/Seinen and it isn't weird at all. A lot of my friends (all women) are like me. I also have friends who don't like Shonen-ai or Shoujo, but they watch a lot of Shonen/Seinen.

Please stop thinking animes are only for men and women only watch stupid reality shows or mushy movies. Like, we're in 2016, right ? I think it's time to realize that your gender doesn't define what you like...

PS : Sorry if my bad English is killing you...
Sep 23, 2016 2:42 PM

Jul 2016
?? I thought women were in to anime already :o am i dumb?
Sep 23, 2016 3:05 PM

Jul 2015
I just want that puss tbh you feel me?
BoiiiiiiiiiiSep 23, 2016 3:19 PM
Sep 24, 2016 10:27 AM
Jun 2016
Tbh I thought female anime fans were more than male fans XD
Sep 24, 2016 10:49 AM

Apr 2015
I'm afraid I haven't noticed the difference, then again I've known girls that like anime since the short lived era of D.N.Angel so maybe that's why.
Sep 24, 2016 2:39 PM
Dec 2014
In Japan at least, there are loads women who watches anime. One of the polls a few years ago put women in their 40's, followed by women's in the 30's as the largest demographic watching anime on TV (it is possible that other demographic watch anime from other source). Comiket, the largest otaku oriented convention in Japan and probably anywhere in the world has a majority female participants. I joined two manga / otaku oriented circles when I attended a college in
Tokyo and the gender distribution was about 50/50 for one, and majority female in another. Sometime I was the only guy at the weekly meetup. Those who describe themselves as fujoshis are a minority though.

However, guys (again in Japan) are willing to spend more on their hobbies (merchandise) than women.
Sep 24, 2016 6:23 PM

Nov 2013
I would hope so. Maybe we'd get at least 1 josei anime a season then.
Sep 24, 2016 10:50 PM

Jul 2013
Not sure about the more part, but just ask my ladies how much they like anime.
Sep 25, 2016 1:59 AM

Apr 2013
Idk if this has been mentioned before, but I don't think suddenly more women are getting into anime. Most online forums tend to be male dominant, but some other sites like deviantart or some cosplay communities have always had more female members. Right now it just seems like anime companies realized they can make money off of female fans. Summer sales are just coming out and that B-project show sold like 10k. That fujoshi buying power does amaze me, and of course anime companies will make use out of it.
Sep 26, 2016 12:05 PM

Sep 2015
Th simple reason for the increase of the Fujo-bait and idol boys anime is because anime producers realised that they'll make more money if they satisfy the girls' needs. More fujobait=more profit
Sep 29, 2016 11:51 AM

Sep 2016
IRL I ran into many female friends who turned out to be anime fans. It doesn't seem all that uncommon to me, but en masse I assume it's a male-dominated thing. I tend to have more galpals than male friends though.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

123 by Weeaboo_Bomber »»
2 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

self-suff-des - 32 minutes ago

12 by self-suff-des »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - Apr 22

34 by MasterTasuke »»
5 minutes ago

» How is anime doing in the UK these days?

VeryRedBags - 2 hours ago

3 by VeryRedBags »»
13 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

208 by PurplePants »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.