Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 18, 2016 10:24 AM

Jan 2015
Hi Admins !

I have a suggestion to keep the forums more organized. I think it would be a good thing if you make the option for everyone creator of topics to close their topic once they've found the answer they're looking for. With closing I mean that they can decide that no-one can react any longer on their questions/suggestions/topics.

You could make it so that only the creator of a topic or admin can decide when to lock said topic.

I've noticed that sometimes people react on topics that were created years ago though no-one reacted until then, since the creator has already gotten their answer. It's a good thing if people want to help each other, but it's useless if the creator self no longer has any interest in that topic or is no longer active on MAL.

This doesn't mean that people can't read the topic any longer, just that they can't react anymore.

Though it would be good if the creator can also decide to "unlock" their topics, if they want more suggestions or answers.

I think this would organize the forums more and it will be more practical because not everyone who reacts takes the time to read every reaction and thus misses some what already has been mentioned when the creator no longer needs an answer anymore.

This way you can also prevent forgotten topics to get back on top again.
Sep 18, 2016 10:37 AM

Aug 2016
People will surely misuse that feature. On top of that, you can always ask a moderator to close your thread. I don’t think that they won’t try to help you with that.
Sep 18, 2016 2:52 PM

Aug 2014
Like Yorshkai said, people will abuse this feature. Imagine someone creating a thread in Casual Discussion. There's an interesting discussion going on, but the creator of the thread doesn't like it anymore and locks it so that the discussion ends. It can also cause a lot of trolling with people just creating threads and locking them as soon as they feel like they lost the argument or want to silence people.

It's also not really needed as threads that are 'done', will get buried away. Only a few would actually lock their own threads once they're answered if they were able to. If you really want your thread locked, just ask a forum mod :)

More topics from this board

» Reply button should show text that will be quoted.

Euthymia_Gerv - Apr 15

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Today, 10:22 AM

» @ sign spam/attack

kuroneko99 - Apr 16

3 by Jhiday »»
Yesterday, 11:11 AM

» Preview for "About Me" section

NubFix - Mar 24, 2022

5 by NubFix »»
Apr 16, 10:16 PM

» Could MAL match users with the most similar watched anime and ratings?

mur_koshka - Apr 7

4 by mur_koshka »»
Apr 16, 1:44 AM

» Users who haven't finished an anime should be restricted on rating it

Thruddingsfly - Feb 15

39 by 3miL »»
Apr 14, 11:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.