Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (35) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »
Sep 18, 2016 11:11 PM
Aug 2015
So it ended even without explaining why did Subaru transfered to that world (i've read some theories about it tho)..

But no problem, its still a good show.. I enjoyed every episodes of it and the ending was very good, eventhough i'm still feel a bit sorry for Rem :')

8/10
Sep 18, 2016 11:14 PM
Mar 2016
So sad to see this series come to an end. I hope they make a 2nd season. (Although apparently they forgot the last scene so there probably won't be one) Definitely gonna read the light novel now!
Sep 18, 2016 11:15 PM

Jul 2007
The adaptation and overall quality surpassed what we are used to see, since this anime is being based on LN which has 9 volumes all covered - except some interludes (Rem part everyone is making a fuss included). We won't see a second season for the next 2 years. Maybe they release and OVA but I also think that is very unlikely.....

Was a nice ride and probably the best anime of this season. I'm rating this show 9/10.
Sep 18, 2016 11:17 PM
Aug 2015
bastek66 said:
Wow, they skipped all scenes with Rem.
If they do that, everyone will be expecting a 2nd season which i doubt they will make 1 since they didnt put Rem scene inside
Sep 18, 2016 11:23 PM
Mar 2016
well.. I give this show 10/10
it was a great 6 months of crying :3
Sep 18, 2016 11:29 PM

Jul 2014
Perfect ending for this series, no cliffhanger........WF played it safe 10/10

But always they have to appear.....who?.....the salty WN/LN readers xD
Sep 18, 2016 11:36 PM

May 2011
DenjaX said:
Verifax said:

Sorry, I just saw the link and posted it, haven't read it myself :P
lol okay maybe this person can explain xDD

RockerXD said:
This needed one more episode
http://pastebin.com/TMkPBXHE
Can you answer my question on the spoiler tag above?

Hell if I know lol, I don't know too many details

Riccardo-kun said:
Salty people judging an anime based on how well it is adapted... you really need to rewatch your priorities. Same shit as Unlimited Blade Works, the episode discussions were a summary of what was cut from the novel. Happy to have not partecipated.

Not about what was cut, but where they decided to put an end to it.
Sep 18, 2016 11:37 PM
Sep 2016
#TeamEmilia Victory!!!
Sep 18, 2016 11:38 PM

Apr 2012
god this show is so bad

3/10

Sep 18, 2016 11:48 PM
Aug 2014
My thoughts: It's sad knowing we'll have to wait a few years to see more Re:zero. How ever, I found the ending to be a little "weak". Good story and all, but it definitely didn't have much cliffhanger at the end like, say for example AOT where it's absolutely painful holding back the erge to read the manga. Definitely would have liked to have seen an ending that left me wanting more, rather than completely wrapping up the arc with nothing more to speculate about.
That being said, I'd rate the episode around a low 8/10, was decent but nothing more honestly. It was almost to predictable how it would end.
Lets hope there are a few OVA episodes planned for the coming months to help draw in more conversation.
Sep 19, 2016 12:01 AM

May 2011
This is how I woulda done it

Nikkun-Sensei said:

That being said, I'd rate the episode around a low 8/10, was decent but nothing more honestly. It was almost to predictable how it would end.
Lets hope there are a few OVA episodes planned for the coming months to help draw in more conversation.

The two OVA premises with the highest chance of getting done imho are
1) meido bikini episode or 2) Rem Afterstory side stories, I really hope it's #2
Sep 19, 2016 12:09 AM
Aug 2014
RockerXD said:
This is how I woulda done it

The two OVA premises with the highest chance of getting done imho are
1) meido bikini episode or 2) Rem Afterstory side stories, I really hope it's #2

I definitely agree with what you proposed the ending to have been. I haven't read the LN so idk what happens past what's been shown on the Anime, but damn they could have given us something to be excited for :l what a let down.

Anyways, ya an OVA based on Rem and where the hell she went these past episodes would be nice. Honestly anything would be nice that forms some sort of speculative conversation, though I would like to know what's the deal with Rem
Sep 19, 2016 12:11 AM

Feb 2011
I'd love to read everyone's dissatisfied comments, but I had to get these few words in: There is such a thing as too happy an ending. Would've liked it better if they pulled our leg some more since they did it so well throughout the series. The roller coaster needs to jerk you around all the way to the end, not part way.

Still much mystery behind the witch unexplained. That one glimpse of the witch suggested that time travel may be at play, and I'm not talking about Subaru. Don't correct me if I'm wrong. My train of thought is usually way off the mark. You may; however, tell me if the source material actually uncovers the mystery behind Subaru's summoning to a parallel world.

The reincarnation trope would have been fine, but the author had to go and put a twist on summoned to a parallel world. I don't read much, but I'd imagine the twist is either the fact that he never once tries to return home or the fact the the summoner doesn't have a physical body. Maybe both; thus, probably no way to get back... Actually, reviving the witch might just do the trick. Actually, I've read both of these twists separately, so both being together was new for me.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Sep 19, 2016 12:32 AM

Feb 2011
TeamDalaiLana said:
Specimen021 said:
What the fuck is happening in this thread? Are people angry at White Fox for NOT ending a season with a cliffhanger, or am I lost?
I wouldn't call it a cliffhanger but an open ending. It would have been so much more impactful. The emotion would have been incredible.

And it goes with the theme of the show which is TRAGEDY.

I'm going to pretend that EP 15 credits scene is the ending of the show.
Seconded!! I agree with you 100%! The happy ending seemed out of place. I was looking forward to a 180, even to the very end.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Sep 19, 2016 12:40 AM

Jul 2012
I'm a Rem fan and I don't mind that they didn't show whatever happens to her at the end, The whole anime is a rollercoaster ride the ending doesn't have to be like that aswell. I'll start reading the manga and find out the missed stuff myself while hoping a 2nd season comes out.

Feb 2011
For the people that are going nuts about something with Rem she had her grand moment in 21, Emilia gets hers in 25, The Hakugei was Rem's fight and Witch cult was Emilias for heroine moments, it detracts from the moment if you bring another heroine in, and let's face it Subaru clearly states Emilia is no. 1 regardless of what fans say, Honestly I think the end will be something like a three way relationship with Emilia being the legal wife and Rem being the mistress. Personally I like Rem better because she was the shining light of this arc that redeemed Subaru, but in the end like the title of the episode helping and saving Emilia has been what the story is about since Episode 1A.
Dec 2012
Reload said:
TeamDalaiLana said:
I wouldn't call it a cliffhanger but an open ending. It would have been so much more impactful. The emotion would have been incredible.

And it goes with the theme of the show which is TRAGEDY.

I'm going to pretend that EP 15 credits scene is the ending of the show.
Seconded!! I agree with you 100%! The happy ending seemed out of place. I was looking forward to a 180, even to the very end.

Agreed, that's what made this show so amazing in the first place. A happy ending like this one just feels weird to me, mainly because there are still so many unresolved conflicts in the plot. Weak ending for an otherwise fairly strong show.
Sep 19, 2016 12:44 AM

Feb 2015
although all the witch stuff is left (sort of) unanswered, for an anime(in general) this series+ending was VERY VERY satisfying. most anime are 12 or 24 episodes then you have to read the manga to find out the rest (and then it might not be in engrish). i haven't watched an anime this fulfilling in a while so they get a 10/10 from me, i will be buying posters+figures(when they release).
Sep 19, 2016 12:52 AM

Dec 2012
THE BEST ANIME OF ALL TIME! 11/10

Sep 19, 2016 12:53 AM

Dec 2012
rorimoe said:
Design 10/10
Animation 7/10
Music 7/10
overall 8
Story 1/10
Directing 1/10
overall 1

shitty tier anime, glad it's over

Though the art is ok, I'll give this 1/10 because story is the most important and sadly this is very bad, I just like how the author self-insert as Subaru.

Subaru to Emilia is Beetlejuice ver 2.0 but he's got the witch favour so he is much much luckier, yes, lucky (because he is author self-insert), he is one of the luckiest man in this world, achieve everythign and escaped his previous boring life all by luck and happenstance.

Critic wannabe shut the fuck up LOL

Sep 19, 2016 12:57 AM
Aug 2014
GosuGian said:
rorimoe said:
Design 10/10
Animation 7/10
Music 7/10
overall 8
Story 1/10
Directing 1/10
overall 1

Though the art is ok, I'll give this 1/10 because story is the most important and sadly this is very bad, I just like how the author self-insert as Subaru.

Subaru to Emilia is Beetlejuice ver 2.0 but he's got the witch favour so he is much much luckier, yes, lucky (because he is author self-insert), he is one of the luckiest man in this world, achieve everythign and escaped his previous boring life all by luck and happenstance.

Ahahaha no kidding, people can't just sit back and enjoy something without having to criticise ever aspect.
News flash to some people; your opinions rarely matter to the general public
Sep 19, 2016 12:57 AM

Aug 2013
And then the end, a few times I doubted that this story would have a happy ending, in fact, I was even getting a little excited with a tragic ending, or final where after save everyone, Subaru out on a quest alone to find the Witch and know more about that world, well, his personality would not let him get away from Emilia.

I enjoyed the anime, I was very excited and always look forward for the next episodes, the plot is certainly very good, animation and soundtrack were also great, certainly I assitirei this anime again and hope to see a second season ..
Sep 19, 2016 1:13 AM

Aug 2015
They're gonna need a season 2. Because there are still many things that are left unexplained.

I agree that the lack of Rem in the ending is quite disappointing. If it really was the end of the series, then I'd be pretty upset, but considering there's a strong plausibility for a Season 2, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I have zero information about any of the later story, so I may need to read-ahead to keep getting my Re:Zero fix.

However, I must say that I'm pretty disappointed with Emilia's portrayal at the end. They made her look like some helpless damsel that was saved, and the Knight in Shining Armor came to her rescue and they fall madly in love with each other.
It feels like a complete 180 of her stronger portrayal throughout the rest of the season.
I mean, I still get Subaru still being a gooey mess being in love with Emilia, but Emilia crying just because he says he loves her? Even though he's been freaking saying it the entire series. It's not like it's a surprise, Emilia.

The ending feels kind of rushed, for some reason. The Witches cult isn't really fully explained, and still leaves some questions. And I wouldn't believe that they were actually fully defeated just yet.

Really really hope for a season 2. Regardless of the nitpickiness of things, I love the show.
Sep 19, 2016 1:18 AM

Jul 2008
Well, although the third quater was completely unwatchable, it was overall an OK show. If Subaru weren't retarded I'd give it a better score but as it is, it's 6/10 for me.
Sep 19, 2016 1:22 AM

Aug 2015
Finally Emilia said something good.

Happy Ending :D
Ara Ara~
Sep 19, 2016 1:25 AM
Jul 2014
Way too many unanswered questions. The biggest and most key being why Subaru was chosen by the Witch in the first place and what her purpose was to the story. But as an anime ending this one was still very satisfying since it resolved the biggest story of the season nicely.

How were the ratings and manga sales for this over in Japan? Chances of it being renewed?
Sep 19, 2016 1:26 AM
Nov 2011
So... did anyone else feel like the betelgeuse carriage chase scene, when they break into the open field was Miyazaki inspired? (Princess mononoke 1st demon boar scene, spirited away / no face)

That was a nice bit of nostalgia that linked in the back of my mind and tied an unseen association to those films.

Anyway. Great episode. They were able to fit so much in without it feeling rushed.

Sep 19, 2016 1:27 AM

Apr 2014
Does anyone know if the song from 16:45 to 18:14 will be included in the soundtrack?
Sep 19, 2016 1:41 AM

Mar 2010
Paul said:
Don't understand how Betelgeuse died so suddenly though during the chase, not that I don't have my guesses but some reasonable verification would have been nice.

Got crushed under the Dragon Carriage when his robes got caught and on top of all already already sustained damage he took from Subaru and Julius.. His also possession was greatly thanks to Julius damaging his spirit at sametime when struck him with Al Clarista.
Sep 19, 2016 1:47 AM

Nov 2011
Well that wasn't as bad as people said it was. It was overall ok. It did have a few issues here and there. But it was a fun ride nonetheless. I genuinely enjoyed in some eps and felt like shit in others eps.
Sep 19, 2016 1:51 AM

Aug 2013
Quite underwhelming last arc. The sudden focus shift to Emilia for this episode was a bit jarring. From what I saw of minor spoilers, there could have been an epic way to end regarding Rem. I'd have preferred that than some minutes of "I love you Emilia" "Is it ok for me to be loved, everyone hates me" and then "I still love you" etc. This show goes hard on that stuff. Would prefer if they made it a bit more subtle and sparse so it actually feels more meaningful.

The fight was better than last week but still I was bored of Betelguese guy.

The quality of this show was 10/10 for most of the 1st half and then it's run out of steam by the end. Not sure if that's just because of the source material or the way they adapted it. Overall 8/10.

Want 2nd season if it can match the quality of the first few arcs.
Sep 19, 2016 2:00 AM

Jan 2015
Sacredus said:
SkullProX said:
To all these crying people.... You guys look so sad right now. Like seriously. I dont read the LN but some people said that scene wasnt skipped, it was just not reached yet. Now pls STFU.

What "yet"? It will be no next ep. They just removed it to have happy end. Sadly it was really important scene so they would need to start 2nd season from this, add this on BD or start 2nd season from filler episode just to say what happened there - but that scene would never have such impact anymore.

By yet I meant that they can start the 2. season like this... If they don't continue the anime till the end of the story, then i dont even care... they have to
Sep 19, 2016 2:01 AM

Jan 2015
AmejiHunter said:
SkullProX said:

Oh, but was it like 1000% skip, or they can still use this in season2 after this scene or something?

It was 0% skip, the scene happens after Emilia and Subaru's talk in this episode. It was actually one or two minutes away.

Perfect, then i don't get all this drama... it can be added in season2 as a first scene...
Sep 19, 2016 2:05 AM

Jun 2013
Maybe they want us to believe as anime viewers that he's happy right now, so that when season 2 comes out they tear our hearts out with more kill Subaru content
Sep 19, 2016 2:07 AM
Nov 2014
Crashmatt said:
Lol why are people saying no season 2 just because it had a happier ending than expected? There is a very strong chance of season 2.
Yes i don't know why the people say that, it's a big chance having a 2nd season and maybe a 3rd one, the lack of Rem and others chars, and the coronation, maybe they're saving that for the 2nd season, the show are really popular sooo calm down ur tities and wait for the next season ;)
the hopes are not lost :P
Sep 19, 2016 2:12 AM
Apr 2016
Where can I read the rest of the story? Is there a place to follow up the upcomings? I don't know if this was directly adapted from the Light Novel or one of the 3 mangas. What should I be reading now? So any light on this subject please with a link pmed to me please?
Sep 19, 2016 2:16 AM

Aug 2009
I swear I thought Subaru was going to wake up after saying all that heart wrenching stuff to Emilia, to find himself at the mercy of the witch, or just a gut wrenching reboot because he just died in the explosion. I'm cool with the happy ending because it is better for my nerves, but based on this whole season, I really thought a hard left was coming. But you never know what could happen at the beginning of a season two. There has got to be one, please, there are so many unanswered questions. Sigh.

Sep 19, 2016 2:17 AM

Apr 2016
SO finally the haters and the lovers can stfu and we can continue to live peacefully without war threads I'm so glad Re:Zero is over because its fandom and haters are pure cancer.

Series had some flaws here and there for instance the animation was kinda lack luster in certain episodes and some episodes were honestly boring to me on the other hand it's been an enjoyable ride ,characters were well delevoped well..with the exception of Emilia I guess but I'm sure that next couple of arcs are gonna solve that problem for sure.I hope a season 2 comes out soon even though I know the cancer is gonna spread even further.

Overall it's a solid 8/10 for me.
Sep 19, 2016 2:19 AM

Mar 2010
seal308 said:

Actually why were they hunting the whale again?
Was it just so Subaru could get allies to help fight against the witch's cult?

Yes, but more important . The damn think was blocking the fastest and shortest route to Roswaal's territory. If they deal with Subaru would end up getting to village too late.
Sep 19, 2016 2:19 AM

Jun 2016
Great show but the ending was weak. Because anime made Emilia a side character for last two thirds of anime, last scene was nowhere so impactful as similar one with Rem. Also almost nothing gets conclusion in the finale, except forced romance with character I almost forgot about.
Nothing against Subaru x Emilia, but build one romance and one character, then forget about that character and focus on building another romance and character (Rem) that happens to at the end be even more developed just to put her into friendzone and then come back to Emilia that is now just a supporting girl that needs to be saved. This isnt enough for a finale. I hope for S2 because left the show at this state isnt very good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2016 2:24 AM

Jul 2013
SuperKirei said:
Illyricus said:
Fuck you, you made me even sadder reading this post :'(

I know how you feel. I remember shedding tears when whale-kun died.
And speaking about whale-kun, they also desecrated his corpse this episode when Subaru threw the fire stones to his dead body.

There is no justice in this world ;_;
Sep 19, 2016 2:27 AM

Mar 2012
Okay so I binge watched this over the course of about a week and it was pretty good. Kinda glad I did it that way because I really don't want any part in these pissing contests. I'm especially glad I didn't have to associate with people like the guy who wrote the 3/10 review on the show's page. Like, can't you guys just type one sentence about the show without resorting to inflammatory remarks and meaningless buzzwords?

Anyway I'd give it in 8/10. Definitely not the best show I've seen this year but a close third behind New Game and Love Live.
Sep 19, 2016 2:34 AM
Oct 2013
Ending was good but could have been better if they included the scene with Rem.

9/10
Sep 19, 2016 2:42 AM

Mar 2010
teagoner said:
Great show but the ending was weak. Because anime made Emilia a side character for last two thirds of anime, last scene was nowhere so impactful as similar one with Rem. Also almost nothing gets conclusion in the finale, except forced romance with character I almost forgot about.
Nothing against Subaru x Emilia, but build one romance and one character, then forget about that character and focus on building another romance and character (Rem) that happens to at the end be even more developed just to put her into friendzone and then come back to Emilia that is now just a supporting girl that needs to be saved. This isnt enough for a finale. I hope for S2 because left the show at this state isnt very good.

Rem feelings towards Subaru was entirely one-sdied for several episodes with only hint in ep21 of him returning some of them. She was always in the friendzone before that point. They weren't developed more than his and Subaru had risked his life for Emilia just as much has Rem has for him. Subaru has also been in love with Emilia for majority of series. That's why he struck around the manor, why he fought so hard to get the village and help against the Witch Cult. If he didn't he would left everything including Rem behind a long ago. Using lack Emilia of screentime in the 2nd cour (ep 14+) is more of an excuse than anything. Not only because it was the first time have been separated, but it was only for 3 days. There no way his feelings Emilia would magically change like some on and off switch. Love as they say is a two-way street, Rem liking him doesn't entitle him to her and anymore than Subaru to Emilia. That's why he decided to make his feelings known to her and told to take her thinking about where she should go from there. It's impactful because it show much he's matured and how more understanding of her feelings.
Iron_MawSep 19, 2016 2:49 AM
Sep 19, 2016 2:42 AM
Jan 2016
Where was Rem?

That was the only thing I would criticize about this episode.
Sep 19, 2016 2:55 AM

Jul 2011
As someone who only watched the anime, I'm pretty happy with how they ended it.
Sep 19, 2016 3:42 AM

Apr 2015
appleribbon said:
As someone who only watched the anime, I'm pretty happy with how they ended it.

same man, I rather have this ending than the polygamy shiit of LN, but I love both Rem and Emilia though, they are good girls so, I'll always behappy with Subaru's decision.
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Sep 19, 2016 3:58 AM

Aug 2010
GosuGian said:
rorimoe said:
Design 10/10
Animation 7/10
Music 7/10
overall 8
Story 1/10
Directing 1/10
overall 1

Nikkun-Sensei said:

Ahahaha no kidding, people can't just sit back and enjoy something without having to criticise ever aspect.
News flash to some people; your opinions rarely matter to the general public

LOL I know, right? These people act like this is a discussion forum where they get to share their own opinions or something.

wait...

Illyricus said:
SuperKirei said:

I know how you feel. I remember shedding tears when whale-kun died.
And speaking about whale-kun, they also desecrated his corpse this episode when Subaru threw the fire stones to his dead body.

There is no justice in this world ;_;

Whale-kun did nothing wrong ;_;
astroprogsSep 19, 2016 4:01 AM
Sep 19, 2016 4:00 AM

Jan 2015
10/10 can't wait for season 2. Rem is cancer hope she gets killed off. I give 0 fucks about her.
Sep 19, 2016 4:02 AM
Nov 2015
10/10
If rem scene was included i'll give it 12/10
Will subaru was going to say something in the end of the episode but it ended i guess there might be a possblity of a 2nd season .......will , as i said 10/10
Paradon my english
Pages (35) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

715 by XionnaMing »»
Yesterday, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2072 by Nanami0007 »»
Yesterday, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2016

538 by XionnaMing »»
Yesterday, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

510 by XionnaMing »»
Yesterday, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2016

816 by XionnaMing »»
Yesterday, 6:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.