Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (35) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 18, 2016 10:17 AM
Jul 2018
Crashmatt said:
They could do an OVA showing what happened to Rem & co

I fucking hope they do. And if they do, please tell me the OVA won't be in like 1 year.

Because you can't expect people to care if they haven't seen the character for one year.
Sep 18, 2016 10:17 AM

Mar 2010
Devil_Slayer said:
-Stray said:
Jesus christ the Remfans rage, calm the fck down people.

You don't get it the scene is the most important and impactful scene in the anime season and it wasn't there

It also would have ruined the moment at the end.
Sep 18, 2016 10:18 AM

Dec 2013
Thinking on it again, the end is right, if the S2 had been within one month ok for the other scene, but it's not, then no, better to finish with a point like that. And then set off with S2 and everything in the future.
InL N adaptation, they don't always stop to the true final chapter of the volume.
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Sep 18, 2016 10:19 AM

Jul 2014
-Stray said:
Devil_Slayer said:

You don't get it the scene is the most important and impactful scene in the anime season and it wasn't there

I know what you mean mate, but them ending it at that part would be a huge WTF moment not just for me but for a lot of people, especially anime only viewers, that would leave a bad taste in the mouth for an ending especially if they arent planning a 2nd season, that would be worst than The Walking Dead S6 cliffhanger type of ending, and we all know how people fcking lost their shit after that.

Well the thing is we got used Re:Zero doing us dirty every week but when the moment all the fanbase been waiting for NO we won't do it , Rem wasn't even in the ep LOL and of course they can't include her

Subaru\Emillia scene is sweet but com'n man that aren't what we were looking for =__=

But i guess it's the score reader fault to hype the shit out of it when we didn't knew if we will ever get it
Sep 18, 2016 10:19 AM

Jul 2014
DarklordVor said:
-Stray said:

I know what you mean mate, but them ending it at that part would be a huge WTF moment not just for me but for a lot of people, especially anime only viewers, that would leave a bad taste in the mouth for an ending especially if they arent planning a 2nd season, that would be worst than The Walking Dead S6 cliffhanger type of ending, and we all know how people fcking lost their shit after that.

Oh God! Not the Walking Dead S6 ending! That disappointment of a cliffhanger ending.... oh wait, huh? I guess now I can understand how normal viewers would be disappointed if that cliffhanger was inserted.

Yea it would be close to that, believe me a lot of people would not want an experience like that again, seriously its been hell waiting for season 7 beacause of that fcking cliffhanger, so in a way despite not seeing THAT part adapted im quite ok with a happy no cliffhanger type of ending, I dont want to experience that shit again, even if they will release a season 2 I wouldnt want an ending that would leave a sour taste in my mouth and wait a whole godamn year/s for season 2.
Sep 18, 2016 10:20 AM
Jul 2018
>ask for more despair
>despair episodes are rated the highest
>the finale makes the viewer despair
Is this the pinnacle of story telling? The magnum opus of the medium of anime? We should be honored to even exist at the same time this aired.
Sep 18, 2016 10:20 AM

Apr 2015
All this salty...

i want a full hd wallpaper from this

Sep 18, 2016 10:22 AM

Jul 2016
Hongu said:
Jagd84 said:

Source reader here. No wasn't. Stop making up shit thanks and wasn't skipped either.
If you're a so-called 'source reader' then how do you not know what scene I'm talking about? I'm not making anything up.

I'm afraid the anime isn't skipping the scene technically, but stopped before adapting the said scene. This episode stopped at the WN chapter 第三章84 『ただそれだけの物語』, which happens to share the same title with the episode. And the supposing "skipped" scene is after chapter 84, which are

For those who thirst for more Re:Zero content, do check out this thread: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1553045
courtesy of @TranslatnChicken :-)
Sep 18, 2016 10:22 AM

Dec 2013
What a terrible and disappointing ending. 4/10
Sep 18, 2016 10:32 AM

Dec 2013
AmejiHunter said:

Thing is, how do you want to place a filler episode in a place where there can'T be any filler? The third arc was just about to end, do you really want them to place an unrelated episode, waste the first 24 mins and THEN drop the shitstorm?

Also, considering everyone will already have been spoiled about what's supposed to happen.

If you have 25 ep, one lost is not a problem, in fact you can use it to give already various useful information for later. Then I'm saying what they might do, not what I want.

Considering the answers here, I would say that many was already spoiled about what's supposed to happen even before today, otherwise no one would complain now. :)
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Sep 18, 2016 10:33 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode isn't bad but I'm really letdown by White Fox

I've been building hype for /that/ moment with all of my anime original friends for about 2 weeks now because I wanted to see their reactions to it sooo badly

That would have been the PERFECT ending cliffhanger for this series man :(
Sep 18, 2016 10:34 AM
Jan 2013
And so it ends somewhat slothfully..

Emilia best girl~
kittylily_Sep 18, 2016 12:29 PM
Sep 18, 2016 10:34 AM
Jul 2018
Cakedog said:
Re:Zero ended after episode 15.
It's an undeniable fact now.

Nah, people are just salty for the second half most of the time, at least imo.

But eh I wanted to see the salt from the scene with Rem, since I wanted to see Remfags get salty.
Sep 18, 2016 10:35 AM
Jul 2018
Ramiel00 said:
AmejiHunter said:

Thing is, how do you want to place a filler episode in a place where there can'T be any filler? The third arc was just about to end, do you really want them to place an unrelated episode, waste the first 24 mins and THEN drop the shitstorm?

Also, considering everyone will already have been spoiled about what's supposed to happen.

If you have 25 ep, one lost is not a problem, in fact you can use it to give already various useful information for later. Then I'm saying what they might do, not what I want.

Considering the answers here, I would say that many was already spoiled about what's supposed to happen even before today, otherwise no one would complain. ;)

Thing is, there's reaaaaally few chapters left in Arc 3, and I doubt they would invent some shit just to make a filler episode right between ep 25 of season 1 and the end of Arc 3.

It's just gonna be weird starting directly with the end of Arc 3, which is the shitstorm.

As for the spoil, most of us are people who got voluntarily spoiled or source readers.

You can't expect the whole fanbase to never get spoiled on that during the next 1, 2 or 3 years separating ep 25 from season 2. Especially since people will also read the manga.
Sep 18, 2016 10:35 AM

Jun 2015
It could've been a perfect ending but White Fox played it safe. It was the better move financially but in terms of literature, it sucks.
Sep 18, 2016 10:36 AM
Jul 2018
Tokoya said:

I've been building hype for /that/ moment with all of my anime original friends for about 2 weeks now because I wanted to see their reactions to it sooo badly

Same, I was just ready to see their reaction... but nope.
Sep 18, 2016 10:40 AM

Mar 2015
-Stray said:
DarklordVor said:

Oh God! Not the Walking Dead S6 ending! That disappointment of a cliffhanger ending.... oh wait, huh? I guess now I can understand how normal viewers would be disappointed if that cliffhanger was inserted.

Yea it would be close to that, believe me a lot of people would not want an experience like that again, seriously its been hell waiting for season 7 beacause of that fcking cliffhanger, so in a way despite not seeing THAT part adapted im quite ok with a happy no cliffhanger type of ending, I dont want to experience that shit again, even if they will release a season 2 I wouldnt want an ending that would leave a sour taste in my mouth and wait a whole godamn year/s for season 2.

Season 7 is still like 1-2 more months? Gee I hated it so much I didn't know when the continuation come because I tried to forget it so much. Yeah a cliffhanger ending would invoke a much bigger shitstorm than the one we're currently having right now. It'd have been so sour if season 2 never came lol. So good for White Fox to play it safe.

Sep 18, 2016 10:41 AM
Jul 2018
Tokoya said:

I wanted to see salty Remfags but oh well. I can at least enjoy some salt somewhere else... Huehue I know who.
Sep 18, 2016 10:43 AM

Mar 2010
BTW, the Japanese viewer on twitter are blowing up over this episode in good way. It seem like they like it a lot and are more disappointed that there was no S2 announced. It's pretty hard pressed for Production committee not to greenlight a 2nd season soon. There money on the table here.
Sep 18, 2016 10:44 AM

Nov 2011
shit till the end 1/10
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Sep 18, 2016 10:45 AM
Jul 2018
ernst said:
shit till the end 1/10

Best arguments I've seen. 10/10 for the trolling effort.
Sep 18, 2016 10:46 AM
Sep 2014
ernst said:
shit till the end 1/10

amazing you watched this shit to the end...
Sep 18, 2016 10:49 AM

Jan 2015
AmejiHunter said:
ernst said:
shit till the end 1/10

He gave 8 to Berserk and 1 to Re:Zero. Nice troll, he tried at least
Sep 18, 2016 10:51 AM
Jul 2018
Xenocrisi said:
AmejiHunter said:

He gave 8 to Berserk and 1 to Re:Zero. Nice troll, he tried at least

Yea, too bad the art of trolling has gone forgotten for some years now. I have yet to see a great troll.
Sep 18, 2016 10:51 AM

Apr 2014
RIP Petelguese

I'm going to miss that beautiful son of a bitch

Overall a pretty good anime

Emilia best girl

OrangeJPSep 18, 2016 10:57 AM

Sep 18, 2016 10:53 AM
Jul 2018
ernst said:
shit till the end 1/10

Best troll of 2016. GG son.
Sep 18, 2016 10:53 AM

Aug 2013
What is is preview some guys are talking about? are we expecting something after this?
Sep 18, 2016 10:55 AM

Apr 2008
Haters gonna hate I guess. People need to chill. That scene would obviously start season 2 if we get one. Amazing series till the end.
Sep 18, 2016 10:55 AM
Jul 2018
Guranto-kun said:
What is is preview some guys are talking about? are we expecting something after this?

Apparently, they're releasing a preview after episode 25. If this is about a season 2 or at least a true arc 3 ending ova, I'm happy.
Sep 18, 2016 10:56 AM
Jul 2018
GundamSoul said:
Haters gonna hate I guess. People need to chill. That scene would obviously start season 2 if we get one. Amazing series till the end.

Do you expect people to care enough about that character after not seeing it for at least 1 year? There's NO way it's gonna be as shitstormey it would've been at ep 25.
Sep 18, 2016 10:58 AM

Jun 2014
I'm glad this mess is over. In the start I was somewhat ok with this show, but it turned out to be a huge pile of garbage. I don't care about waifus and which girl is better (it's not like the characters in this have any depth after all). Episodes 1-12 I could stand, but after that this shit became literally insufferable. Typical light novel trash dialogue, dumb plot, some incredibly stupid moments, a whole lot of asspuls and a retarded main character. The final scene was pretty cringeworthy, vomit inducing even, but at least the first ED song was playing in the background, that song is one of the only things I liked about this series.

1/10 At least now I know this isn't anything special or worthwhile.
alpha_shadowSep 20, 2016 12:43 PM
:3
Sep 18, 2016 10:58 AM

Jul 2016
I wonder how long its gonna take these ignorant people to realize that the anime caught up to the light novels. they were unsure of a season 2 so they opted out with not mentioning rem. a cliffhanger with possibly no season 2 would have been terrible.
Sep 18, 2016 11:01 AM

Aug 2013
AmejiHunter said:
Guranto-kun said:

Apparently, they're releasing a preview after episode 25. If this is about a season 2 or at least a true arc 3 ending ova, I'm happy.

When is this? about a week from now? A season 2 announcement would be awesome or maybe a few minutes epilogue for "that" part.
Sep 18, 2016 11:05 AM
Jul 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That fight was pretty entertaining, it's amusing to see Petelgeuse getting his ass kicked around. My respect for Julius shot up even more now. Ugh, just when I thought Petelgeuse couldn't get any more creepier, he does..

Petelgeuse's destruction was very satisfying to see :D
The bastard deserved it tbh.

This has been quite a journey from start to finish. White Fox did good. Loved that little montage song they threw in to chronicle all the memorable parts of Emilia and Subaru.
It was a fun ride. just dont get peple why are so eager to see that rem scene? I think it will be worse if they add that rem scene......
10/10 without a doubt
Sep 18, 2016 11:06 AM

Jul 2012
Maaaaan Petelgeuse got creepy as hell at the end!

I need to go read the light novels now.

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Dec 2014
1/5
This entire anime has been one big disappointment.
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!

Oct 2014
That was not a good ending.
Sep 18, 2016 11:07 AM

Mar 2016
AND SO THE BEST SERIES OF ALL TIME COMES TO A CLOSE

ILY SUBARU

THERE NEEDS TO BE A SEASON TWO BECAUSE ITS JUST ALL TOO PERFECT
Sep 18, 2016 11:08 AM
May 2015
Hongu said:
Jagd84 said:

Source reader here. No wasn't. Stop making up shit thanks and wasn't skipped either.
If you're a so-called 'source reader' then how do you not know what scene I'm talking about? I'm not making anything up.

...Maybe because he doesn't think it's the most important scene
Sep 18, 2016 11:10 AM

Apr 2015
WHERE IS

MY CUCK

I'VE BEEN WAITING 25 EPISODES FOR THIS NTR BULLSHIT

TyrelSep 18, 2016 11:15 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2016 11:11 AM

Jan 2015
Really beautiful end for Subaru and Emilia, rip Betelguese the true heroine of this series. The final artwork was 10/10.

Glad to see more salty LN readers when the ending they wanted would've been awkward at best for the way anime is done nowadays.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Sep 18, 2016 11:12 AM

Mar 2014
I know the moment where the episode ended is controversial, because I was spoiled, but damnit this episode was perfect. I felt like crying during that final scene.

It's been so long since I was so addicted to an anime, I'm going to be so depressed if there won't be a second season
Sep 18, 2016 11:12 AM

May 2015
I enjoyed it. I haven't read the source material yet, but I know it's not the same. What anime ever goes 100% with the source material? Each series can only do so much in time and try to keep it as canon and enjoyable as possible.

Between the music, unique characters, artstyle, story, and more, I give a 10/10.

Everything was wrapped up pretty well. Judge an anime for what it is, not for how it relates to the source material.
"More than anything, I wanted to protect her. Not cause it's my duty or what's expected of me, or anything like that. I wanted to protect her because of how amazing she is because I believe she's totally worth it. It's always been her, and it always will be...Forever."
Sep 18, 2016 11:14 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Really good finale. Obviously not what it could have been, but i'm still satisfied.

Although ending it while Subaru wants to say something is just a slap in the face.

Overall an incredible ride, crazy good and hopefully a season 2 PRONTO!

10/10.
Sep 18, 2016 11:14 AM

Dec 2014
Wow, the saltiness here is real.

As an anime-only viewer, really thought the show was generally great. Skipped content or not, I don't give a shit. Drama handled nicely without being overly-melodramatic, and plot generally had me curious as to what would happen next. Animation was overall pretty good, too.

Though I wished Emilia would've played a larger role as the last moments between her and Subaru didn't really affect me as much as with Rem and Subaru in the second arc.

Overall, 8-9/10 idk.

Lucky for those who haven't watched the series yet can just marathon it all away.
spicychileSep 18, 2016 11:23 AM
I need sleep.
Sep 18, 2016 11:15 AM

Sep 2015
Damn damn damn that was a good ride, 2 or 3 mistakes so far, but 10/10
This last episode was really well made, I can say that for the plot too, 2016 is so great
Sep 18, 2016 11:17 AM

Feb 2015
alpha_shadow said:
I'm glad this mess is over. In the start I was somewhat ok with this show, but it turned out to be a huge pile of garbage. I don't care about waifus and which girl is better (it's not like the characters in this have any depth after all). Episodes 1-13 I could stand, but after that this shit became literally insufferable. Typical light novel trash dialogue, dumb plot, some incredibly stupid moments, a whole lot of asspuls and a retarded main character. The final scene was pretty cringeworthy, vomit inducing even, but at least the first ED song was playing in the background, that song is one of the only things I liked about this series.

1/10 At least now I know this isn't anything special or worthwhile.

thats funny, I thought exactly the same thing about Trigun.....
Sep 18, 2016 11:17 AM

Sep 2010
Ahh, I'm so glad it's a happy ending. I've been waiting for Subaru and Emilia to finally get back together, so I'm happy that's how they chose to end it.

Plus, for the people complaining, if we aren't sure they are making a second season why would it make sense to end it on a cliffhanger? Sure, Rems arc sounds interesting but unless they are 100% given the a-okay for a second season I don't think it's a smart move. This ending ties everything up really well, and gives them the option to either continue this series or end it here.

The only thing I really wish is we got a bit more screen time for Emilia/Subaru.... I want to see more of their interactions since they've been apart most of the series :-(.
Sep 18, 2016 11:19 AM

May 2012
This was the best ending they could possibaly do. Its not an ending that lets you know its over, but its not an ending that says oh is a second season coming. I say this feels like a ending of a novel volume and I can't wait for the next one. And that's all I could have asked for.

10/10
Sep 18, 2016 11:19 AM

Feb 2015
FenixDragon43 said:
Ahh, I'm so glad it's a happy ending. I've been waiting for Subaru and Emilia to finally get back together, so I'm happy that's how they chose to end it.

Plus, for the people complaining, if we aren't sure they are making a second season why would it make sense to end it on a cliffhanger? Sure, Rems arc sounds interesting but unless they are 100% given the a-okay for a second season I don't think it's a smart move. This ending ties everything up really well, and gives them the option to either continue this series or end it here.

The only thing I really wish is we got a bit more screen time for Emilia/Subaru.... I want to see more of their interactions since they've been apart most of the series :-(.

This is probably the most sensible post on here. 100% agree
Pages (35) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

715 by XionnaMing »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2072 by Nanami0007 »»
Yesterday, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2016

538 by XionnaMing »»
Yesterday, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

510 by XionnaMing »»
Yesterday, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2016

816 by XionnaMing »»
Yesterday, 6:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.