Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (35) « First ... « 29 30 [31] 32 33 » ... Last »
Sep 15, 2017 4:44 AM

Aug 2014
Good Lord some people really don't have anything better to do than, said in my own language, "rompere i coglioni", do they?

It takes a lot of effort to spam brainless insults to a show and the people that watch it, I seriously admire how much energy they are willing to waste for literally nothing but shitposting
Sep 15, 2017 8:25 AM

Mar 2010
LeloTheUnamused said:
Good Lord some people really don't have anything better to do than, said in my own language, "rompere i coglioni", do they?

It takes a lot of effort to spam brainless insults to a show and the people that watch it, I seriously admire how much energy they are willing to waste for literally nothing but shitposting

Heh, at least you know that's just how they are looking for attention.
Sep 18, 2017 4:11 PM

Sep 2017
LeloTheUnamused said:

You better @ me next time instead of passively aggressively posting. I cant believe all the energy people like you waste doing stuff like that smh stop shitposting.

All I did was post my opinion without commenting on anyone elses and that genius Jagd84 decided their feelings was hurt by what i said
CleesusSep 18, 2017 4:14 PM
Sep 18, 2017 4:36 PM

Jun 2017
Cleesus said:

All I did was post my opinion without commenting on anyone elses

Yes, you did.

you would have to be braindead to think this was some kind of master piece

95755 (at the time of this post) users consider this anime to be a masterpiece, so you commented on the opinion of all these people (saying they are braindead).

You can insult so many people if you want, I don't care, but then don't be surprised when they bite you back.

Sep 18, 2017 11:07 PM

Sep 2017
Nobidexx said:
Cleesus said:

All I did was post my opinion without commenting on anyone elses

Yes, you did.

you would have to be braindead to think this was some kind of master piece

95755 (at the time of this post) users consider this anime to be a masterpiece, so you commented on the opinion of all these people (saying they are braindead).

You can insult so many people if you want, I don't care, but then don't be surprised when they bite you back.

1. Not all of them think its a masterpiece. If they do they probably think bleach is a masterpiece as well.
2. If I wanted to comment on someone's opinion then I would have quoted them (like you guys ) and commented as the word implies.
3. Stop being butthurt others have a negative opinion on a mediocre anime. If you like it then by all means go be happy with it.
Sep 18, 2017 11:27 PM

Aug 2014
Cleesus said:
LeloTheUnamused said:

You better @ me next time instead of passively aggressively posting. I cant believe all the energy people like you waste doing stuff like that smh stop shitposting.

All I did was post my opinion without commenting on anyone elses and that genius Jagd84 decided their feelings was hurt by what i said

If you were the only one doing this in the forum discussions I would've tagged you and I wouldn't have used the plural.
Don't consider yourself to be the only one insulting others and then accusing them of butthurt, you're not that unique nor that important to require a specific post made for you. You just happened to be the most recent one to do this.

Well, the point of your shitposting is that you pretend to miss the point in the whole conversation and use that chance to insult more, so I wasted my time and ooooh noooo technically I lost the argument! You defeated me, be proud!
Sep 18, 2017 11:48 PM

Sep 2017
LeloTheUnamused said:
Cleesus said:

If you were the only one doing this in the forum discussions I would've tagged you and I wouldn't have used the plural.
Don't consider yourself to be the only one insulting others and then accusing them of butthurt, you're not that unique nor that important to require a specific post made for you. You just happened to be the most recent one to do this.

Well, the point of your shitposting is that you pretend to miss the point in the whole conversation and use that chance to insult more, so I wasted my time and ooooh noooo technically I lost the argument! You defeated me, be proud!
Nah, but if we are done here lets be done, I am unamused Lelo.
Oct 1, 2017 9:30 AM

Sep 2009
Am I the only one who thinks the show had so much potential but it wasted it somewhere in half point where the speed of things went up and everything got confusing? I'm really disappointed :/ had really my hopes up for the show..

Check out~ ♥ Some quality AMV:s made with love ♥ My Youtube
Oct 1, 2017 9:32 AM

Sep 2009
Cleesus said:
This show was hot trash. . .

Thank you!! Agreed xD I mean as a stand-alone, half of the show was like packed with stuff and nothing was answered and everything left open..

So much potential wasted..
StatchanaOct 1, 2017 9:36 AM

Oct 1, 2017 9:55 AM

Sep 2017
Statchana said:
Cleesus said:
This show was hot trash. . .

Thank you!! Agreed xD I mean as a stand-alone, half of the show was like packed with stuff and nothing was answered and everything left open..

Yea it did have potential in the first few episodes but that definitely went away fast
Oct 1, 2017 10:18 AM

Sep 2009
Cleesus said:
Statchana said:

Yea it did have potential in the first few episodes but that definitely went away fast

YES! I started getting confused about halfway in the show... >_>''

Oct 9, 2017 7:54 AM

Apr 2017
it was satisfying ending, they did what most of you guys expect. But for me personally, there's a bit of something that missing... I am not sure i can define it but i feel kinda lost of taste. I rate ut 7/10, maybe i can't stand the cringe-worthy part.

Besides, That Wilhelm moment always gets me, every time seeing Wilhelm showed up, even only a while i remembered it. I very knew it it was from the different episode but, her wife is soo beautiful, pretty and amazing, his eyes describe Theresia very well.... :)
Oct 13, 2017 11:03 AM
Oct 2012
So why did nobody ever question Subaru about how he knows so much about the witch cult? Especially after that last death, where he just randomly announced that the witch cult can possess people. If that kind of specific knowledge wasn't suspicious enough, he even says that they can "probably" possess him too even though julius just said it could only be fellow cultists. That, combined with how Subaru has this pretty chill conversation with Sloth before the fight begins, *somebody* should conclude that Subaru has some kind of relationship with the witch cult, if not sloth himself.
Oct 13, 2017 4:31 PM

Mar 2010
Forblaze said:
So why did nobody ever question Subaru about how he knows so much about the witch cult? Especially after that last death, where he just randomly announced that the witch cult can possess people. If that kind of specific knowledge wasn't suspicious enough, he even says that they can "probably" possess him too even though julius just said it could only be fellow cultists. That, combined with how Subaru has this pretty chill conversation with Sloth before the fight begins, *somebody* should conclude that Subaru has some kind of relationship with the witch cult, if not sloth himself.

Because they don't actually think he knows that much. Subaru already told them he's fought them before, but he also displayed lack of knowledge about things they knew about like the Gospels and recruitment methods, rumors etc. So no they wouldn't find it strange that he knew somethings about the cult they don't and suddenly mistrust him about it, especially since he just helped defeat a beast with possible connections to them and Subaru hasn't presented himself as know-it-all in this area. Just knowledgeable enough.
Iron_MawOct 27, 2017 9:59 AM
Oct 27, 2017 2:26 AM
Apr 2016
Guys How can you be mad at a person who's dp is written HATER 😂😂😂😂😂😂.....
all i can say is that @Cleesus u are a hater and I can say this in my language you are "TAKA TAKA"......the universe gives what you give remmeber that always...Am out...and by the way the show was 🤓👿🤘🤙👍
Oct 27, 2017 2:30 AM
Apr 2016
Forblaze said:
Subaru was bound by the witch curse/contract that was which it brought him to that new world and he was the choosen one by the witch to fall in love to emilia and because he was bounded by the curse the witch always stops him when he trys to say the truth aboug what goes on and even give things in details that is why he could not gibe much reason on how he knows the witchs cult....#Myview
Oct 27, 2017 7:30 AM

Sep 2017
Phinhokim said:
Guys How can you be mad at a person who's dp is written HATER 😂😂😂😂😂😂.....
all i can say is that @Cleesus u are a hater and I can say this in my language you are "TAKA TAKA"......the universe gives what you give remmeber that always...Am out...and by the way the show was 🤓👿🤘🤙👍
Lmao felt like I just lost IQ points reading that
Nov 9, 2017 2:25 AM

Sep 2012
i do hope future wont turn in to cliche (if its called that) like ppl start to say to Emilia its time to marry some1 & here is list of suitors & Subaru is not on the list (& then some asshole comes is the first suitor) i have seen this to meany times that i have gotten sick of that type of plot already

Raizel said:
I have so many things that I didn't liked about this anime that need to be said here:

First why they ruined that ending !!!
Second why Subaru couldn't even explain his special powers at the ending!
Third why he didn't even thought about returning to his own world I know his life was miserable there but still that they ignored that fact is pretty annoying to be honest.

I gave it 10/10 after second half, but, the ending kinda ruined it in my opinion It could have been much better considering they were able to pull this great anime

Overall 9/10.

just like Phinhokim above explained the curse didn't let him talk about it

Third would u want to leave that world if u find ur love there? no u wouldn't think about leaving :)

Nobidexx said:
Raizel said:
I have so many things that I didn't liked about this anime that need to be said here:

First why they ruined that ending !!!
Second why Subaru couldn't even explain his special powers at the ending!
Third why he didn't even thought about returning to his own world I know his life was miserable there but still that they ignored that fact is pretty annoying to be honest.

I gave it 10/10 after second half, but, the ending kinda ruined it in my opinion It could have been much better considering they were able to pull this great anime

Overall 9/10.

Keep in mind that the anime covers only about 15% of the story. This isn't the end of the story (hopefully there will be a season 2), not even the end of the arc.

I guess the main reason why he doesn't even think about returning to his own world is that he cares a lot more about the people in this world than those in his previous world. Why would he want to abandon Emilia and Rem to get back to his shitty life?

u also made excellent points there partly it was what i said to + extra stuff
Sugram22Nov 9, 2017 2:40 AM
Nov 10, 2017 10:14 AM
Apr 2017
Alright so here is the deal. Season 2 must come out when all the novels needed for it are done. Also, if this sh#t doesnt end with the cliché of emilia (and rem) finding out everything that subaru has been through (something like code geass did at the end) i will be very very veeery upset. Loved the anime, all th cliffhangers and plot twists really made pull my hair out like Betelguese.

9/10 for making me wait for season 2/novel translations
Nov 13, 2017 6:01 AM

Jun 2016
Let me say that I don't hate this anime or anything. In fact, I almost enjoyed every episode of it. Sure, a happy ending with Subaru telling Emilia that he loves her, I liked that. The struggles of Subaru, the lovable characters, the music, the action sequence, Subaru managed to save everyone, they successfully got rid of the Witches cult; despite those I thought it's a pretty average anime. I wouldn't call it a great masterpiece or at least a good of an anime.

Most of the time, I'm confused where this anime is going like literally I was so confused all the time. Haha. Let me say that I'm utterly disappointed with this anime. I think because it was overhyped? Like I had a really REALLY HIGH expectations, but what I got is an average anime. Like everyone's like "Omfg go watch it. It's a great anime blah blah". I almost dropped this anime so many times, but I'm holding onto it because it might exceed my expectations if I continue watching it, but nope it didn't. I think this anime has a lot more of a down moments than the great ones. This anime's plot.. uhh idk which word to use, but I think it's all over the place all the time.

When it comes to the characters, I think I love Rem the most. I understand why everyone loves her because she's literally the best girl out of this show. Haha. And this anime ended with no sign of Rem? Hahaha.

Honestly, this anime has a lot of plot holes I can barely handle it.

Idk what to say. I'm so honestly disappointed with this anime. Idk what to say anymore. I just want to cry because of the massive disappointment I'm feeling in my kokoro rn.

6/10

// EDIT // Alright, I decided to give this a 7/10 for Rem. Lmao.
TheDoggoneGirlNov 13, 2017 6:09 AM

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 13, 2017 6:17 AM

Jul 2014
TheDoggoneGirl said:
Sure, a happy ending with Subaru telling Emilia that he loves her, I liked that. The struggles of Subaru, the lovable characters, the music, the action sequence, Subaru managed to save everyone, they successfully got rid of the Witches cult
Well, it's not the end of the story. It's an adaptation of first three arcs from the LN. There is a good chance that when there is enough source material in the LN format, there will be season two.

TheDoggoneGirl said:
And this anime ended with no sign of Rem? Hahaha.
They did not animate the ending of arc 3, that would explain some things.
It's a major spoiler, so read it only if you want to be spoiled.
Nov 13, 2017 6:24 AM

Jun 2016
mozgow said:
TheDoggoneGirl said:
Sure, a happy ending with Subaru telling Emilia that he loves her, I liked that. The struggles of Subaru, the lovable characters, the music, the action sequence, Subaru managed to save everyone, they successfully got rid of the Witches cult
Well, it's not the end of the story. It's an adaptation of first three arcs from the LN. There is a good chance that when there is enough source material in the LN format, there will be season two.

TheDoggoneGirl said:
And this anime ended with no sign of Rem? Hahaha.
They did not animate the ending of arc 3, that would explain some things.
It's a major spoiler, so read it only if you want to be spoiled.

Damn. This made me want a season 2 more just to answer my numerous questions and the plot holes. Ohmygod.

Been reading the discussions for the final episode and I was already spoiled since I'm curious where the hell is Rem all this time. I was honestly expecting that she's gonna have an epic entrance, but I didn't get that. Damn.

Was it Rem who wrote the letter the reason why it was blank when it got to Emilia?

What exactly happened to Rem? Why was she in a coma? And what happened to Crusch?

I guess that part with Rem is really meant for season 2. I hope there'll be one. Ohmygod. Is the LN still ongoing?

Btw, thanks for answering my questions. :D

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 13, 2017 9:36 AM

Jul 2014
TheDoggoneGirl said:
Was it Rem who wrote the letter the reason why it was blank when it got to Emilia?
Yes, that's the reason it was blank.

TheDoggoneGirl said:
What exactly happened to Rem? Why was she in a coma? And what happened to Crusch?
It's too big spoiler, so I'll PM you shortly with details.

TheDoggoneGirl said:
I guess that part with Rem is really meant for season 2. I hope there'll be one. Ohmygod. Is the LN still ongoing?
Yes, it still ongoing. Currently it has 14 volumes.

TheDoggoneGirl said:
Btw, thanks for answering my questions. :D
No problem :-)
Nov 17, 2017 7:50 PM

Sep 2010
I can't read Japanese so all I can imagine Subaru wrote on the gospel Betelgeuse sp? had was "It's over."

The good: The witch appearing in this episode, fight scenes. Characters other than Subaru such as Julius, Wilhelm, Felis. Patrasche.

The bad: The carriage thing was just set up so Subaru could 'save' Emilia. 'That merchant' they pointed him out so they should have seen his carriage. How did they find him at all? Plot hole. Someone would probably know it was that guy's carriage and it was convenient for no one to know so that's what happened. Who even decided to put Emilia in that particular carriage? Assumptions also add up to Puck being able to sense the 'fire crystal' trap in the carriage.

I don't ship Subaru x Emilia to the point I've become the meme 'It's been 5 minutes since I last said I don't ship this and now I want to say it again.' Not like my opinion can do anything about it, but... Subaru x Rem or riot haha. There was some other series where people didn't like the pairing that did happen while I liked it and now I'm in the opposite situation. It's not over until it's over. Conversation was a waste of time for me and came across as a slightly different version of Subaru and Emilia's argument. I'd be happy if Emilia rejected Subaru with how their 'relationship' has gone so far.

Hope the series keeps up what it's good at and gets rid of what it does badly. Seriously, I can't take this seriously as a slightly different isekai if Subaru keeps saying crap like that to milk toast aka Emilia. In summary for now: Meh. Guess I could read the manga or translated light novel. Pretty good aside from what I've taken issue with. It's entertaining, but only if I don't expect much from it.
Toxic_MongooseNov 17, 2017 8:17 PM
Nov 18, 2017 3:22 AM

Mar 2010
Toxic_Mongoose said:
The bad: The carriage thing was just set up so Subaru could 'save' Emilia. 'That merchant' they pointed him out so they should have seen his carriage. How did they find him at all? Plot hole. Someone would probably know it was that guy's carriage and it was convenient for no one to know so that's what happened. Who even decided to put Emilia in that particular carriage? Assumptions also add up to Puck being able to sense the 'fire crystal' trap in the carriage.

It's not a plot hole. Some of the merchants Otto was traveling with were cult members (whom had direct communication with Peteguse through the mirror you saw) . In fact the guy who referred Subaru to Otto back in ep 14 (Ketty) was member and particular special since he was one of Petegeuse's Fingers. The fire stones being the carriage was already foreshadow back in ep 23 where Ketty denoted them. As for why they put Emilia and co in these carriages, that was always the plan to begin with when the army hired the merchants. Nobody knew their were cultists not even Otto hence why he ended up restrained and hidden among the cargo so he wouldn't interfere. Same with the explosives and the army didn't time to check everything because they had to get everyone away before Peteguese attacked them again. It didn't just happen forthe sake of it.
Nov 19, 2017 11:00 PM

Sep 2010
Jagd84 said:
It's not a plot hole. Some of the merchants Otto was traveling with were cult members (whom had direct communication with Peteguse through the mirror you saw) . In fact the guy who referred Subaru to Otto back in ep 14 (Ketty) was member and particular special since he was one of Petegeuse's Fingers. The fire stones being the carriage was already foreshadow back in ep 23 where Ketty denoted them. As for why they put Emilia and co in these carriages, that was always the plan to begin with when the army hired the merchants. Nobody knew their were cultists not even Otto hence why he ended up restrained and hidden among the cargo so he wouldn't interfere. Same with the explosives and the army didn't time to check everything because they had to get everyone away before Peteguese attacked them again. It didn't just happen forthe sake of it.

Works for me more or less.
Nov 29, 2017 12:48 AM

May 2009
What a great anime. Honestly enjoyed it despite all the flaws. 9/10
Nov 30, 2017 6:24 PM
Mar 2015
By episode 25, is the question why or how Subaru is going through all this stuff going to be answered? I'm about to watch episode 6 and I don't know if I can keep watching this. I love this anime but I'm getting kinda bored. I want to keep on watching knowing that some mysteries are at least going to be solved.
Dec 1, 2017 7:29 AM

Jul 2014
tutturuuftw said:
By episode 25, is the question why or how Subaru is going through all this stuff going to be answered? I'm about to watch episode 6 and I don't know if I can keep watching this. I love this anime but I'm getting kinda bored. I want to keep on watching knowing that some mysteries are at least going to be solved.
Not all and not directly. Some things are implied but never confirmed.

There will be a lot of answers when we get season 2.
Dec 1, 2017 10:37 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
just was a opinion ;)
Dec 2, 2017 10:03 PM
Mar 2015
mozgow said:
tutturuuftw said:
Not all and not directly. Some things are implied but never confirmed.

There will be a lot of answers when we get season 2.

Thanks for answering! I might continue watching it sometime lol
Dec 3, 2017 2:28 PM

Apr 2016
Aahh I'm going to miss this series :'(

I demand a season 2! Would like to see how the story continues.
Dec 20, 2017 10:58 AM
Dec 2017
Please make season 2
Dec 20, 2017 10:59 AM
Dec 2017
Please make season 2
Dec 22, 2017 12:24 PM

Dec 2009
WOW. What an emotional payoff. To think of Subaru in episode 1 to now, he sure has grown a lot despite all the suffering. I was super worried he was going to die in the final heroic rescue and not come back. I'd be happy to see more Re:zero anime, but also it ended pitch perfect.
Dec 26, 2017 11:16 PM

Jun 2011
Ehhh... I wasn't convinced by the ending.
Still the show was good and had its god-tier episodes. So i'll give it a 8/10.
Rem still is best girl for me, though I've grown to like Emilia as well.

Dec 27, 2017 2:12 AM

Jul 2014
mikomu said:
Ehhh... I wasn't convinced by the ending.
Well, that's because it's not the end of the story, not even the end of arc 3.
Jan 7, 2018 5:59 AM

Jun 2012
6/10

Series carried way too hard by 1 character (REM) if they made the main character less of a pussy this season or series could've been so much better... Jesus. It's actually so hilarious how garbage the other characters are compared to rem.. Like it's kind of pathetic LOL.

By far the worst MC. I've ever seen. And I TRIED evangelion I WATCHED Mirai Nikki.

My god Betelguese or w.e was such a good villain for the last arc.. Holy shit. Whoever animated that character....... My god. Honestly.. 1 of the best villains I've ever seen in an Anime so far.

Pretty sad though not even persuaded by the REM fanbase or w.e.. Emilia is just such a shitty and boring character.. Like JESUS. Why can't REM just be the main heroine? IDC. if he falls in love with Emilia or w.e at the very end.. Just give REM more screen time.
SasoraJan 7, 2018 6:04 AM
Jan 8, 2018 3:37 PM

Mar 2016
This has certainly been a really memorable and exciting journey. I may be 2 years late when watching this anime, but an amazing show will always be amazing!

The fight scenes in this last episode are well animated and the ending itself is beautiful! I am more of a Rem fan but I don't completely reject Subaru's and Emilia's romantic relationship. Though I am pretty disappointed that there is no Subaru kiss (Rem or Emilia) Smart move though or the fans will rage if Subaru kissed for example Emilia.

I hope they're creating the second season because I knew that there is more arc and according to other comments, a scene about Rem, in the end, is not included (NOOOOOOO!!!!!)

I am not familiar with White Fox yet, but this sure is a top notch anime right here...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST GIRL COMPETITION:

Emilia: Very caring, kind, cheerful and trust Subaru. Very close to Subaru but after the events of Subaru's humiliation, she left him (until this episode) She always wanted to pay back her debts to Subaru and questions Subaru's reasons as to why he kept saving him. However, she will always love Subaru and forgave what he did (in this episode) Subaru confesses his love first seriously in this episode because the other confessions are not very official.

Rem: Very caring, kind, cheerful and trust Subaru completely. Extremely close to Subaru to the point that she would follow him anywhere including that one time when Subaru asked her to escape to somewhere else AS LONG AS SUBARU acts normally... Managed to convince Subaru not to give up and give him the determination to try again, confesses her love first and even though it hurts her slightly, getting rejected by Subaru (for Emilia) don't make her hate Emilia. After Subaru saved her, she is deeply in love with Subaru.

Ram: Caring, kind, serious and trust Subaru. She taught Subaru once and did fight some fights alongside each other. Other than that, not much else because she gets the least screen time out of the 3 girls.

First Place: Rem
Second Place: Emilia
Third Place: Feli- Uhmm... Ram

My opinions are mine... Emilia is only SLIGHTLY below Rem to become the best girl in this anime...
SEASON 2 PLEASE!!!!!

Maybe I'll read the manga and/or the Light Novel...

ShadowkillZJan 8, 2018 4:04 PM
Jan 9, 2018 12:45 AM

Jul 2014
@ShadowZ_AnimeZ
If you're going to read manga/LN, read from the start. Anime adaptation omitted some interesting facts/scenes.
Jan 9, 2018 4:21 AM

Mar 2016
mozgow said:
@ShadowZ_AnimeZ
If you're going to read manga/LN, read from the start. Anime adaptation omitted some interesting facts/scenes.

I've got experience with that... Sometimes the difference is quite shocking! So yeah, whenever I start to read the LN, I'll start from the beginning.
Feb 14, 2018 2:26 AM

Dec 2010
We couldn't get something better than the First Ending, it actually made the finale so much more emotional.

1. Characters: 0.5 | I'm pretty sure that there's more to be revealed from the cast, so my half a point covers the characters we already have - Subaru, Emilia, Rem, Ram, Wilheim, Julius. I think that this is a pretty good place to mention that I hate Anastasia Hoshin with passion.
2. Atmosphere: +1 | High point was the Capital city.
3. OST: +1 | I don't think I should even explain this part, its in my "Best" list.
4. Animation: +1 | When a company doesn't drop the ball on the animation you really know they care about their project.
5. Background story: +0.5 | The little we got was good, but I'm pretty sure there's more in store.
6. Storyline: +1 | I'd give 2 points here, rarely have I seen as dense of a plot that wasn't strayed from for even a single moment. Every bit of the show progresses it, which creates a strong immersion that doesn't let you go once you get caught in it. I hope that more anime will take Re:Zero's example in the future.
7. Ending: 0.5 | Is it fair to discount a great story's ending score just because you don't want it to end? I'd have given it a full score if more of the future to come was alluded to.
8. Drama: +1 | Great drama quality, with Rem's story as well as the very drama of Subaru's failures restart after restart.
9. Overall affect: +1 | I liked(at the very least) every part of the show, it's one of the cases where I was wrong to ignore a mainstream title for a long time.
10. Bonus score: 0.5 | I'm actually holding back from giving this show a sky-high score because of the potential I'm betting on its future. But I really do love what we've got for now.
Overall score: 8/10. Probably the best 8 in my list.

Edit: As I opened up the WN immediately after completing the finale, I come to the conclusion that it would have indeed been great to get that Rem cliffhanger in. I do have to ask myself if the enraged Rem fandom would have really benefited from it as much as they think. Either way, seeing it unfold under the tones of the First ED, it really gets you back to the 2nd arc.
MeritasFeb 14, 2018 3:59 AM
Feb 19, 2018 6:05 PM

May 2017
Meh
Anime was entertaining overall but I feel like something was missing..

Subaru was annoying and cringy from ep1-18
Emilia was cute but also kinda boring personality wise
Rem was okay, her confession was lovely though
Best girl without question:

Didnt see Elsa again/who was her Employer?
So what was the deal with that clown mage? Did he used Emila as a tool or did he truly believe in her?
Zip_ZipFeb 19, 2018 6:09 PM
Feb 20, 2018 2:33 AM

Jul 2014
Zip_Zip said:
So what was the deal with that clown mage? Did he used Emila as a tool or did he truly believe in her?
PM me if you don't mind spoilers from LN.
Feb 28, 2018 1:49 PM

Jun 2010
Nice one but I wished to see more action. I love the beginning of the show, but the ending was quite boring.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2018 5:00 AM
Sep 2017
this ending is not completed like what happened to Rem ?! what happened to the elections ? where is beatrice ? Roswall ?
they didn't even show us why they all hate the witch and will emilia know that she is her mother ?!
there is tons of questions in my mind now i hope they release a 2nd season
Apr 11, 2018 3:43 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
So it ends.
There is alot to say, but I dunno how to start, so I will just follow a mini review format and let it flow.

As far as story goes, I m both disappointed and happy with the result, it is a great ride true, there are alot of plot twists and shocking moments, yet if you go by plot progression since Subaru been mostly repeating failed events, the story didnt advanced as much as I wanted it to have, also some arcs are pure genious, but there is not enough consistency, what I mean is I wanted more episode like ep7 or ep15 that truly shock me to there, all arcs were at least great but you gotta judge by the series finest standarts, and as such sutff like the White Wale or Royal Election arcs are clearly the weaker ones here.
I m not saying last arc was bad, I m saying it would have ended more strongly if they could have delivered another ep15 nearing the end.

This series is at its finested when it keeps you guessing, in the dark, affraid of the unkown, like that, it outshines pretty much almost everyother anime outhere, but it does lose alot of its tension when it unveils its mystery and gives you the tools to figuring out what is happening...

Betelguese has to best one of the best villain and VA performance around, no contest there.
As for MC goes, I connected with Subaru but he is far from becoming an main favorite of mine, I actually dont have any, Emilia would be it IF she had way more time to shine like Ren had.
Rem vs Emilia is dumb IMO, the series clearly despites them has having different purposes for the series. I wont deny Rem marvelous emotional delivery yet Emilia is still more likeable for me. I love both but if Subaru wanted to have mistress, Rem would be the perfect pick, whileas I see Emilia more as key to the bring Subaru for the next level.
All other cast was good too, special mention for Juluis, grandpa and Satella (want that reveal badly).

As for art goes it ranges from very good to outstanding, ep7, 15 and 18 are all worthy of its salt, 15 alone was mindblowing, some action is really tops too.

I think Re:Zero as an adaptation manages to make great usage of the medium strenght, the level of execution of certain scenes, the VA, the OST playing at key parts, Stix Helix early on creating such a meaningfull connection, it all helps alot in making each scene came alive more. Soundwise I have only praises and Stix's easily became my all time favorite ending theme because when in conjution with the visuals of the ED it always delivers, when an episode needs it the most.
It was good to see them extending the screentime for some episodes, or not playing intros or outros for the sake of enriching the pacing of the series.
That scene near the end with Subaru holding Emilia's hand always gets to me, sadly OP2 and ED2 are garbage in comparion to either OP1 and ED1!

Re:Zero could have been better, if it always keep at the same tension I felt during ep7 and ep15, that is when it really delivers tremendously, more borings arc but a satisfactory conclusion for now, 9.6/10 = 10

Keeping in mind there is stil alot to tell, I m very positive about the future of the series, and only hope for YenPress to pick up their game since I want to read after the anime soon, and I dont want to rely on WN for that.

There is no need for words, that scene alone, captured my soul forever.

Apr 15, 2018 3:02 AM

Jan 2017
Zip_Zip said:
Meh

I disagree!
Best girl is Emilia and she had a wonderful personality.
Rem was kinda boring and mainstream.
Her confession seemed almost forced.
She confessed to a guy she previously killed just because he saved her once which is preposterous!
As for Crusch, she was okay, but definitely not the best girl!
As for Elsa,

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Apr 15, 2018 11:27 AM

Mar 2018
swirlydragon said:
Zip_Zip said:
Meh

I disagree!
Best girl is Emilia and she had a wonderful personality.
Rem was kinda boring and mainstream.
Her confession seemed almost forced.
She confessed to a guy she previously killed just because he saved her once which is preposterous!
As for Crusch, she was okay, but definitely not the best girl!
As for Elsa,

Objection, your Honor!
Best girl is definitely:

This should've been the canon ending.
Felix > Emilia/Rem

Theodoric_99Apr 15, 2018 11:33 AM
Apr 21, 2018 11:54 AM
May 2017
LoliconMusic said:
For the last episode of this series, it was ok.
But there are a lot unacknowledged question.
- How did Subaru get to this world ?
- What happended to people of the "real" world (e.g. Subarus parents)?
- What happended to the other characters of the fantasy world ?
And at this point I'm a bit dissappointed with this ending.

I hope they will make a S2 to solve all this question.

from what i have heard Re:Zero is a BIG story with many characters, arcs and subplots, the fourth arc is longer than the first three arcs combined. IIRC, Nagatsuki wants to make the story 10/11 arcs long, so i doubt you'll be getting the answers you want even in a second season
Pages (35) « First ... « 29 30 [31] 32 33 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
8 hours ago

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2016

631 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

715 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 18, 1:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.