Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (35) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »
Sep 18, 2016 7:50 PM

May 2015
Vanisher said:
Is no one gonna comment on how the fuck the gospel bounced back into the carriage?

I'll comment on how you're nitpicking.

Sep 18, 2016 7:51 PM

Nov 2015
Verifax said:
PukingMachines said:
Takashi Rie can act holy fucking shit

I procurred her making radio or alarm sounds while voicing Emilia. It's quite hilarious. Like in one of these sound files she's going Bi.bib.bi.bi.bi like an annoying alarm, yet it's still adorable. But yea she's done a great job, Inori Minase was spectacular too imo.

i want that in my life
Sep 18, 2016 7:57 PM
Sep 2009
Sep 18, 2016 8:05 PM

Jun 2012
Vanisher said:
Is no one gonna comment on how the fuck the gospel bounced back into the carriage?

I noticed that. Was a very "wtf" moment haha.
Sep 18, 2016 8:06 PM

Oct 2011
Suburu and Emilia together at last. yay
Sep 18, 2016 8:09 PM
Jul 2018
de_struct said:
AmejiHunter said:

Wasn't skipped, but they stopped right before it, and it would've been a GREAT ending. Cliffhanger, salt and shitstormey ending.

Skipped scene :

ah.. that made sense then, white fox made the best decision there. if they cliff hanged there, the "non-Reader" will demand other episode. and they have limited screen time, so that is the best ending they could offer.
im a bit curious bout what subaru said in the last minute which is muted, is he asking about Rem ?
i dont mind spoiler, judged from the ending, it wont get second season and im too lazy to read the WN

I believe he was about to talk about Rem, but idk.
Sep 18, 2016 8:10 PM
Jul 2018
Dashingfella said:
Sword Art Online 2 is great. To the one that said it was shit, you suck.

I believe that's me. It was lacking in a lot of ways, so I think it's shit, but you have the right to like it.
Sep 18, 2016 8:12 PM

Jun 2013
Dear god that freaky spider form Betelgeuse creeps me the hell out.

Patrasche is the real MVP here. Definitely a satisfying ending to a great anime.
Sep 18, 2016 8:31 PM

Jul 2015
EternalSerenity said:
Vanisher said:

Anime physics, guys.
Or you could say that Bjuice threw it back to Subaru, since the gospel is so dear to him that he'd rather have it in someone's hands than left out in the wild.

Buut.. nah, I lol'd to this too

Anyways, a satisfying ending for me! Feels like there could or couldn't be a season two (but lol look at the popularity here. We're literally begging! Dunno if it goes the same for Japan though) Looks like Rem was 'forgotten' hehehe

wait, who?

#Patraschebestbro

Sep 18, 2016 8:35 PM
May 2015
What happened in the Light Novel has affected reality that White Fox forgot to mention Rem's whereabouts.
Sep 18, 2016 8:35 PM
Sep 2016
It seems that rem was forgotten in the last episode. Awww, it's kindda sad to see the ending without Rem in it. The ending is far beyond my expectation.
Sep 18, 2016 8:36 PM
Sep 2009
ronpdee said:
EternalSerenity said:

Anime physics, guys.
Or you could say that Bjuice threw it back to Subaru, since the gospel is so dear to him that he'd rather have it in someone's hands than left out in the wild.

Buut.. nah, I lol'd to this too

Anyways, a satisfying ending for me! Feels like there could or couldn't be a season two (but lol look at the popularity here. We're literally begging! Dunno if it goes the same for Japan though) Looks like Rem was 'forgotten' hehehe

wait, who?

#Patraschebestbro

What I lol'd at was the fact that he had it in his hand, ran to the front of the cart and it was nowhere to be seen anymore...
Sep 18, 2016 8:40 PM
Jul 2018
I felt no emotional connection to this series except for that one episode that was almost pure dialogue. This ending played on people's emotions and from some of these posts it seemed to have worked. But the swell in the music, that ending, felt so contrived. With some truly melodramatic and laughable lines. It was as though it was telling me how to feel, and noticing that it bothered me. I don't care that Rem wasn't in this episode, like other who have a problem with this episode do. I just wish that the mystery could have been revealed a bit more than what was shown. It just felt like a huge let down for people like me who really didn't care about the romantic relationships and cared more for the mystery and story. I really don't understand people's love for this anime, but I'm not going to say they're wrong for having a different opinion, I just find it odd . At least the show was different, and tried, but to me it bit off more than it could chew 5.5/10 for me.
removed-userSep 18, 2016 8:43 PM
Sep 18, 2016 8:44 PM

Jan 2013
To think Patrasche had more character development.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Sep 18, 2016 8:48 PM
Apr 2016
desapointing i was following the anime more for the story than for the fight and the end explained nothing ... why subaru is here who is the whitche what happened to rem-ram ... I hope about a second season to really end the anime ...
Sep 18, 2016 8:52 PM

Mar 2013
Expected the ending to that cliffhanger but it's fine I suppose.
7/10 because they skip that thing.
Sep 18, 2016 8:52 PM
Nov 2013
Show was wonderful and made every sunday amazing. i shall purchase the novels as they release, buy the dvd, and suppoort it as well as i can.

great characters, nice themes, great suspense and fights, but most of all- the way characters interacted was just fantastic. a big benefit of the RBD story- is that it lets you experience how characters react to the same situation in various circumstance, thus allowing the viewer to better understand them and provide more character depth.

props as well to white fox for their hard work, the music, direction, and animation were very exceptional for the most part.

easy 9/10. loved it.
Sep 18, 2016 8:54 PM

May 2016
Alright It has been a hours now. My rage has calmed. I would have preferred the sad ending.

But overall the series has been such a trip. An unforgettable one for me.

10/10.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Sep 18, 2016 8:57 PM
Aug 2016
wtf... really? where is rem?
Sep 18, 2016 8:57 PM
Aug 2015
seal308 said:
I felt no emotional connection to this series except for that one episode that was almost pure dialogue. This ending played on people's emotions and from some of these posts it seemed to have worked. But the swell in the music, that ending, felt so contrived. With some truly melodramatic and laughable lines. It was as though it was telling me how to feel, and noticing that it bothered me. I don't care that Rem wasn't in this episode, like other who have a problem with this episode do. I just wish that the mystery could have been revealed a bit more than what was shown. It just felt like a huge let down for people like me who really didn't care about the romantic relationships and cared more for the mystery and story. I really don't understand people's love for this anime, but I'm not going to say they're wrong for having a different opinion, I just find it odd . At least the show was different, and tried, but to me it bit off more than it could chew 5.5/10 for me.

i got you there, i love those episode, and heart warming one. and the other just average for me, it's not 10/10 but it still made me wait every Monday so it is 8/10 for me, which is enough to add it to my collection
Sep 18, 2016 8:58 PM

Jul 2011
Goes to read discussions on the episode and literally everyone is going apeshit about some scene that didn't make it into the episode. It's highly possible there will be a second season if the sales of this one is well. Have some faith :)
Sep 18, 2016 9:10 PM
May 2015
had fun watching this, would of given this a 10 but the whale arc was somewhat boring. 9/10
Sep 18, 2016 9:12 PM

Dec 2015
Loved it.

As an anime-only watcher I was content with the ending. At the same time, I can understand the disappointment that some people might feel if they read ahead. Since I was not one of those viewers, and since White Fox was relatively faithful to the source material on the whole, it was not a make-or-break deal for me.

As someone who adores shows like Steins;Gate, Higurashi, Madoka Magica, and Kara no Kyoukai, this anime ended up being one of my favorites. It contained a beautiful OST, some great action sequences, a relatively unique story, and great character development. Also taking into consideration that I enjoyed the heck out of the series and was always pumped up for Sunday, Re:Zero earns a definite 10/10 from me. I would watch again and will be purchasing the blu-rays to show support.

I would absolutely love a second season and will do everything that I can to show support and cast my vote for a second season--money and ratings speak volumes.

Overall, I was pleased with the ending and thankful to have enjoyed this ride of a series. Thank you White Fox!
Sep 18, 2016 9:15 PM
Jul 2018
Maragion said:
had fun watching this, would of given this a 10 but the whale arc was somewhat boring. 9/10

Actually why were they hunting the whale again?
Was it just so Subaru could get allies to help fight against the witch's cult?
Sep 18, 2016 9:24 PM

Jan 2014
Design 10/10
Animation 7/10
Music 7/10
overall 8
Story 1/10
Directing 1/10
overall 1

shitty tier anime, glad it's over

Though the art is ok, I'll give this 1/10 because story is the most important and sadly this is very bad, I just like how the author self-insert as Subaru.

Subaru to Emilia is Beetlejuice ver 2.0 but he's got the witch favour so he is much much luckier, yes, lucky (because he is author self-insert), he is one of the luckiest man in this world, achieve everythign and escaped his previous boring life all by luck and happenstance.
Sep 18, 2016 9:25 PM

Aug 2011
WTF did i just watch.
Sep 18, 2016 9:27 PM
Jan 2015
10/10, amazing series. I look forward to the possibility of a sequel in the future.
My Queens

Sep 18, 2016 9:28 PM

Jul 2014
It's been a crazy wild ride with tons up emotional highs and lows but it has finally come to an end. If I had to be honest, it was a very mild and even a bit cheesy ending. I completely understand why they decided to go for an ending like this since it would be just as bad if they left it off on a cliffhanger ending without knowing if a 2nd season is possible.

One thing I want to say a big reason for my enjoyment of this series is due to both the love and hate it gets from fans and haters alike. Normally I don't like people shitting on things I like, but even reading hateful/negative reviews about the show while it was airing just made it that much more fun to be a part of. So thank you to both the loving fans and negative haters for making this whole experience such a blast!

Onwards to the novels~
Sep 18, 2016 9:35 PM
Jul 2014
good ending, but not a type of ending that i wanted. i want an ending that show the after-ending event(for example, subaru got reward from the kingdom, become a noble/knight, live a normal life, nothing happen but we got to see that "nothing", or something like that)

overall good ending episode 7/10
Sep 18, 2016 9:38 PM

Jan 2008
A bit disappointed that it felt like Rem was totally forgotten in this episode but I honestly think it was a nice and satisfying ending.

I guess we all knew that Subaru likes Emilia and so the confession was inevitable. However, I think he likes Rem too but obviously not as much as Emilia. Subaru and Emilia will definitely be the endgame pairing, but I was hoping Rem still had some chance. Oh, well. It was a nice ride and looking forward to the announcement of the second season.
Sep 18, 2016 9:42 PM

Jan 2011
Verifax said:
Raven_Wingz said:
BJuice wasn't the greatest final boss though, after seeing Wilhem just 1 shot him. I'm starting to think that The Witch used BJuice to toughen up Subaru by making him kill Rem.

One thing's for sure, Satella didn't give a shit about Betelgeuse surviving or his feelings. Betelgeuse also said things along the line of: I remember what you did for me Satella, even if YOU don't. Perhaps the Satella that is currently residing in Subaru hasn't got all her memories regarding the witch cult. Perhaps Satella made those gospels long, long before any of this happened and knew full well that following the gospel, would end in their deaths.

Maybe She did the same thing Emilia did for Subaru? "Even now that she doesn't remember it?" Much like how Emilia doesn't remember him saving her and the others all those times?

Terium said:
It's highly possible there will be a second season if the sales of this one is well. Have some faith :)

If not it'll be just like so many other shows that got an adaptation and even a second season wasn't worth the salt adapting a third or fourth as required. Therefore you'd have to buy the source if you really wanna know what happened in the end.

seal308 said:
Actually why were they hunting the whale again?

Because many had a vested interest in its destruction. Subaru's knowledge of it's placement put him in a crucial position to instantaneously gain the confidence of others for what would later be his own objective.
QWERTYFish25Sep 18, 2016 9:48 PM
Sep 18, 2016 9:45 PM

Aug 2013
episode 15 is 291038048021/10
overall 5/10
Sep 18, 2016 9:47 PM

May 2016
You know what White Fox are such cowards. I'm still a bit salty over the fact that they went the safe route and avoid the real ending of the ARC.

It's cute for anime only, but it's very frustrating for those who know the real ending.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Sep 18, 2016 9:51 PM

May 2016
What the fuck is happening in this thread? Are people angry at White Fox for NOT ending a season with a cliffhanger, or am I lost?
Sep 18, 2016 9:54 PM

Jan 2011
TeamDalaiLana said:
You know what White Fox are such cowards. I'm still a bit salty over the fact that they went the safe route and avoid the real ending of the ARC.

It's cute for anime only, but it's very frustrating for those who know the real ending.

Considering some of the things said against those who disagreed or criticized this show during its run, I don't even feel for you.
Sep 18, 2016 9:57 PM
Nov 2014
Wait you guys. Your are seriously mad that they forgot to add rem part and making the second season would be a stupid first episode? I read a summary of the next arc. And they can literally pull it off. The can continue the next arc on the way back to the capital. Its an anime adaptation. It doesn't have to be exactly like the books. Besides. There have been a bunch of other anime to continue a story on the next season right after the ending of the first. Stop complaining. And enjoy the show. It was just to tie lose ends and not risk on leaving a cliff hanger. That's the least white fox can do
Sep 18, 2016 9:58 PM

Feb 2016
Re Zero has ended and its above average for me. Very entertaining to watch but I have difficulty liking any of the Major characters and how its done.

8/10 wouldnt mind a second season.
Sep 18, 2016 10:00 PM

Aug 2012
Seeing the jimmies of Rem fans getting rustled because White Fox didn't show the scene is the best part of this episode.

Very nice overall, 8/10. Would wait for Season 2.
Sep 18, 2016 10:02 PM

May 2016
Specimen021 said:
What the fuck is happening in this thread? Are people angry at White Fox for NOT ending a season with a cliffhanger, or am I lost?
I wouldn't call it a cliffhanger but an open ending. It would have been so much more impactful. The emotion would have been incredible.

And it goes with the theme of the show which is TRAGEDY.

I'm going to pretend that EP 15 credits scene is the ending of the show.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Sep 18, 2016 10:07 PM

May 2016
QWERTYFish25 said:
TeamDalaiLana said:

Considering some of the things said against those who disagreed or criticized this show during its run, I don't even feel for you.

Well I didn't have a problem with the show during its run. I will defend it when I feel the criticism is not justified.

This is not ending I want, so I'm going to voice my opinion.

I'm not bandwagoner who love or hate the show based on hype.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Sep 18, 2016 10:09 PM

Oct 2015
I hope there's second season of this anime :)
Sep 18, 2016 10:13 PM
May 2013
Barion-Zara said:
Beautiful reconciliation scene with Emilia. They went all out with the animation making Emilia look divinely beautiful and stuff. On some Rem from ep11 smile stuff. Nice Lap Pillow. Subaru totally deserved it. He was such a BA these last 2 eps. Loved his interactions with Otto and how he defeated Beetle Juice. RIP that face crush and rejection by Satella were brutal.

And then writing OWARI in the Gospel. Poor Betelgeuse. Spider Beetle Juice was great tho XD
AI AI AI!! Props to Matsaoka for the final time.

Now for the way they ended it....I can't deny I'm salty. This could've been the biggest shitstorm inducing ending of a series that has ever existed. WHY NO 26 EPS?!?!?! NAZEDAAAAAAAAAA!!! They could've at the very very least have Subaru mention Rem and have Emilia

Now by the time S2 is gonna be out everyone will already be aware what happened and it won't cause any shitstorm :/ I appreciate that they didn't rush it but still can't deny my slight disappointment...

Sorry to bother you, but I'm a non LN reader so can you tell me about what happened that made you salty..there seems to be something about Rem that wasn't adapted..I don't mind being spoiled...
Sep 18, 2016 10:24 PM

Feb 2016
Bullshit ending.......
Sep 18, 2016 10:24 PM

Feb 2016
Squirtroll said:
Lots of things were left unexplained. Can someone tell me how Subaru end up in that world?
That's what I want to know too
Sep 18, 2016 10:30 PM

Jul 2014
Hongu said:
SakurasouBusters said:
Holy shit, people need to calm the fuck down, i love rem but if they didnt get to her scene then im sure they'll get to it whenver season two comes out.
You're throwing around the prospect of a season 2 like it's actually confirmed or something. It's not. There's nothing left to adapt in the LN. More than likely it's not going to get a season 2.
Now that I think of it, it makes sense why they would end it here. White Fox didn't want to risk hearing outrage from fans if they left it at a brutal cliffhanger like that, so they just decided to play it safe.
But now people are still going to be outraged, just for a completely different reason.

"White Fox didn't want to risk hearing outrage from fans if they left it at a brutal cliffhanger like that" you means you ???
Sep 18, 2016 10:30 PM

May 2015
I just need a season 2 there was so many emotions running around my mind I can't make what It is a real treasure for this season and perhaps for years to come.Show's like this are rarely made.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2016 10:37 PM
Aug 2015
Absolutely PHENOMENAL! LOVE THIS SHOW! Season 2 BETTER be happening
Sep 18, 2016 10:50 PM

Dec 2015
Well they didn't mention Rem so as far as we know the characters could've forgotten her and that's how they kick off season 2.
Sep 18, 2016 11:02 PM

Aug 2013
I totally don't get how Subaru got rid of Betelgeuse there.
Well..... guess that ending lowers the chances of getting a sequel.
I wonder when there will be an anime like this again.
Sep 18, 2016 11:09 PM

Oct 2015
Subaru x Emilia moment is very touching, good final eps execution. Nice work White Fox.

Best ending you can get, no cliffhanger, no useless edgy scene.
yeah, you can say they play safe, whatever, this way Re:zero popularity and fame will be safe, no salty/over-pissed off fans, they think us the casual;anime watcher-fans, not only LN reader.

no S2 is fine, ATM. They can enjoy swimming in money pool, just wait for BD sale.

oh look 8.81
Pages (35) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2016

631 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

715 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 18, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2072 by Nanami0007 »»
Apr 18, 11:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.