Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 18, 2016 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Kakeru is still kind of giving Naho the cold shoulder this episode although he does take the apology in a sincere way.

After all the thoughts and reflection, it looks like Naho really wants to save Kakeru. For most part, I think the episode was adapted well in particular with Naho's resolve. Wonder if the finale will add some additional content though. Good episode, can't wait to see more. Naho just doesn't want to lose Kakeru ;_;
Sep 18, 2016 10:00 AM

Jan 2015
Somehow this episode feels creepy for me. With all that gloomy, regretness and despair from Kakeru's perspective.
Now they're finally talking about that sci-fi genre beside the time capsule, the blackhole. Even when it's just the same with a letter thingy
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 18, 2016 10:05 AM

Sep 2015
blackhole, really ?
It's nice to see the story from Kakeru's point of view, the cellphone part was a bit sad
Sep 18, 2016 10:08 AM

Jan 2012
Oof, that message Kakeru's mom left was quite the gut punch. Rest was boring. And did the author really wave away them not trying to prevent Kakeru's mom's death with "even if we hadn't invited him that day, she would have done it eventually?" That pretty drastically undermines the attempt to save Kakeru and going by that logic they shouldn't bother with him either.
Sep 18, 2016 10:10 AM
Mar 2011
It's unfair that the Kakeru of this timeline still act so rude, knowning that all of his friends suport him in everything. Naho don't deserve this.
Sep 18, 2016 10:20 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty good episode.

I was looking forward to see how they would adapt Kakeru's perspective of the events and what transpired in the timeline where he died. Overall, I'll have to say they did it decently but did rush through it at a fast pace leaving a lot of things to pure imagery and cutting out a fair amount of his monologues. However I guess they captured his gloomy and depressive mindset fairly well so I suppose it got the point across.

The cellphone scene was really sad, Kakeru's mom just couldn't bear to see him get hurt. :(

It was nice to see Naho trying to change her situation with Kakeru and trying to do something instead of being indecisive. They also cut out some of her monologues as well, I guess it's necessary to meet the 2 chapter pacing.

That plan to send letters in the future though, Hagita's voice of reason was not heard. xD Well it worked out anyway.
Finale next week.
Sep 18, 2016 10:28 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I'm actually questioning the manga rating here, this is canon yeah?

I didn't expect it to be so obnoxious seeing Naho and now Kakeru acting like a dumbfuck.

They actually made the idea of the letters up on a whim and actually did that AND it worked? I don't buy something like this.
Sep 18, 2016 10:32 AM

Apr 2016
Both Kakeru and Naho got feelings for each other so please don't keep on crying about suwa's one sided love in this timeline :3
Sep 18, 2016 10:33 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
This episode adapted my favorute moment from the manga and my most hated moment. Kakeru's chapter was adapted well and I like how they handled his perspective. But using a blackhole to send letters... really?

4/5
Sep 18, 2016 10:49 AM

Sep 2014
Damn, I'm about to head to sea and send a letter to my past self of lottery numbers.
Sep 18, 2016 10:53 AM

Jul 2013
Did they really used a fucking blackhole to send the letters? Did they really throw the letters randomly to the sea hoping they would be transported to the past? Dafuck?

That really ruined what could have been a perfect episode. The beginning with Kakeru's flashback in the alternate world when he dies was very emotive and sad, but the ending was too much.

I know many hate her, but I felt bad for Naho when Kakeru was ignoring her during the episode.

Wonder how the series will end with just one episode. I hope it ends in a happy note.
Sep 18, 2016 10:54 AM

Jul 2015
I feel the show could've been alot more than it has been, but it's been just alright as of the second half
Sep 18, 2016 11:02 AM

Jan 2014
So teary and taken by the emotion of the first half.. then the rest was a head scratcher.
Black hole. Bermuda Triangle. Let's a go.
I've got a bag feeling the final episode will feel a tad rushed :(
Sep 18, 2016 11:11 AM
Jul 2018
Nice to see the past of alternate world!

Interesting, a black hole! That was how the Future Naho and others sent the letters to the past!
Sep 18, 2016 11:17 AM

May 2010
i swear the sad piano music was really doing its work on me ..

i thought about how they send those letters to themselves before but when they started talking about black holes and whatnot this show fell apart quite abit for me.
Sep 18, 2016 11:19 AM

Jul 2016
The first half is about Kakeru's "way of death" from the past (or another parallel world), and it's quite sad seeing him just being more and more depressed. But, that's one big cell phone charger adapter though.

another half, so... Kakeru is still can't honest to his own feeling, is him? And, so they sent their letter with black hole, but, how they actually did it? let it floating in the water, hoping for it to arrived at bermuda triangle? If so, then they are already probably dead... even before those letters arrived, or did they rent a plane to fly close the bermuda triangle, and throw it through the window? wait... plane with openable window? And it is really hurt to see Naho crying in the middle of the class, but even so, she still didn't wanted to give up. Please, finish it well, Author, I need an epic ending.
Sep 18, 2016 11:21 AM

Jul 2014
Wow, this episode was really good, except for the Bermuda Triangle thing (really? I would have preferred to leave it unexplained). Kakeru perspective was really well done, IMO, and it just shows how Kakeru was slowly lead to suicide.
For the first time in the series I felt bad for Naho. I have considered her as just dumb for the whole series, but in this episode she just did a 180 turn and I really like what I see. I just hope that it'll end at a happy note.
Sep 18, 2016 11:39 AM

Aug 2016
This was an awesome ep! Probably one of my favorite eps so far, the POV from the futures timeline was really intresting to see too, im glad they decided to show it even though its the episode before the last episode it shows why kakeru is the way he is, even though people thought he was just "mean" or being rude.

easy 5/5
Sep 18, 2016 11:40 AM

Nov 2013
Crunchyroll is listing this as the finale. haven't seen it yet but I thought it was suppose to be 13 eps?
Disappear. This chair is an eyesore. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair.
Sep 18, 2016 12:03 PM

Jan 2013
The first half of the episode was amazing and emotional. The blackhole explanation is so ridiculous it may have been better to leave the explanation out entirely.
Sep 18, 2016 12:13 PM

May 2015
My God Kakeru is so stupid, same as Naho. Suwa is MC for me. Also that black hole thing is so stutpid, that i can't even describe it.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 18, 2016 12:13 PM

Apr 2014
Bermuda Triangle... Is this a joke?
Pls, I HOPE it's a joke.
Sep 18, 2016 12:36 PM

Sep 2008
Oh! I like when series show point of view other character!
Why authors always keep us wait so long to hear/know feelings of closed in a shell MC.
This was pretty touching~
Finally start to like and understand Kakeru more...
But his mom pissed me so much :/

This lack of communication with his own son...
Just terrible!
I don't like that... this was just so bad.

I think it would be better if author give up with explanation about letters,
because that black hole thing is so ridiculous -.-
Somethings are better to leave untold.
Sep 18, 2016 12:38 PM

Dec 2014
It's a black hole guys!! A BLACK HOLE!
This went from a drama to a parody in a single instant XD

Bermuda Triangle/10
Sep 18, 2016 12:54 PM
Jul 2018
calling it now
date,kiss,suicide attempt (saved),end.
[this is my theory idk what really happened]

i feel like they didn't rush this episode but instead tried to get all the good parts into the last episode.
8/10 anime.
Sep 18, 2016 12:56 PM

Aug 2015
I actually really like this episode, at the very least when it focused on Kakeru's thoughts and his past. I don't particularly like Kakeru or Naho but I like him a little more now.
_Kairu_Sep 18, 2016 1:00 PM
Sep 18, 2016 12:59 PM
Apr 2014
Nice suffering in the first half with the past Kakeru, I thought they would show the japanese truck of death hitting Kakeru.
What a friendly blackhole.
Sep 18, 2016 1:04 PM
Sep 2015
I hate Kakeru and I hope he dies.
Naho nees to marry Suwa! SUWA!
Sep 18, 2016 1:17 PM

May 2016
This anime gives me feels every time, one of the best anime this season, can't wait to see the finale.
Naho really wants to fix the relationship, giving a bit of redemption for the screw up she made last episode but Kakeru is being cold about it. Also daaammmmnnn the text Kakeru's mum didn't send was heartbreaking, I nearly cried at that.
Sep 18, 2016 1:19 PM

May 2016
Brynhild said:
Crunchyroll is listing this as the finale. haven't seen it yet but I thought it was suppose to be 13 eps?

There is one more episode I believe, if that was the finale it would be disappointing
Sep 18, 2016 1:23 PM

May 2015
I really enjoyed the first half told from Kakeru's perspective. It makes me a little less mad about how rude he's been. Him reading the message from his mom was very sad and emotional. The time travel explaination was a little lackluster though. I hope this ends well next week!
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Sep 18, 2016 1:24 PM

Jun 2014
I would have preferred the time traveling letters be left unexplained; rather than listening to some bermuda triangle "blackhole" voodoo BS.
Sep 18, 2016 1:25 PM
May 2016
I understand the guilty that kakeru was feeling, so he decided to suicide.....

But in this ALTERNATE TIMELINE, i cant stand Kakeru, NAHO IS LIKE THE SWEETEST PERSON IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE AND YOU ARE IGNORING HIM BRO, WTF. I mean, you know that all of them are supporting you, that you can trust them, but still you treat naho like thrash bro, fuck off. I hope Naho end with Suwa.
Sep 18, 2016 1:31 PM

May 2015
Man, that Kakeru point of view during the first half was really a painful watch ;__;....

Sep 18, 2016 1:31 PM

Mar 2012
i wonder about what happened with the animation, for real.
Kakeru's PoV was well handled, i just wished they changed the framing for the suicide. the manga one had more feeling imo

Brynhild said:

it has 13 eps
also it wouldn't make sense to end when it's just missing the last manga chapter haha
Sep 18, 2016 1:40 PM

Jun 2014
Kakeru had a really fucked up past, it's no wonder he killed himself. I really like how we got to see that from his own perspective, giving us an opportunity to really understand why he was acting that way.

But seriously.......a black hole? From the beginning I was wondering how their future selves got the letters to them, but with an explanation like that, I think it would have been better to just not explain it at all. With this explanation, this whole plot seems to be based off luck. They just so happened to throw their letters in the perfect spot (or they said "fuck it" and hoped to get lucky) and they conveniently went to the exact time they had hoped for, AND they made it to their past selves without a problem. Talk about plot convenience.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 18, 2016 1:43 PM

Jul 2015
is this black hole dumb shit actually canon ? pls someone tell me its not. what a complete stupid plot device.
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Sep 18, 2016 1:43 PM

Aug 2015
the black hole is kinda sketchy and disappointing but other than that, I liked the episode
Sep 18, 2016 1:50 PM

Feb 2014
Not only was the episode more enjoyable than then the last two episodes, but the animation is also improving as well, but it's still shy of what it was at the start of the series though.

The first half was all about Kakeru, from when he was bullied at his old school, moving to Matsumoto and all the events leading up to his death. Admittedly, the scene where he read his mother's unsent reply to him on her phone was powerful and emotional. T_T

At least in the current timeline, Naho is giving it her all in trying to rebuild the relationship with Kakeru and although she's somewhat successful, the awkwardness between the two is still lingering around them like a bad odour.

We know now about how the future letters were sent to the current timeline and honestly, it sounds pretty stupid. Whether it was better to know how the letters got to the current timeline or not, who knows, but at least it's an answer to that question and for me, knowing an answer like that is sometimes better than not knowing the answer at all.

Now, bring on the finale! =)
Sep 18, 2016 1:56 PM

Mar 2016
Kakeru almost made me cry with his "living is the hardest thing a peeson can do" line. I used to say that all the time too.
Sep 18, 2016 1:58 PM

Jul 2015
JOELbedulla said:
I hate Kakeru and I hope he dies.

He's already dead in the other timeline so you're halfway there homie
Sep 18, 2016 2:09 PM

Sep 2016
Wow I see many people arguing about the "black hole" thing..well yeah chill out b*tches..its just an anime..a cartoon thing..also kakeru's suicadical thoughts were too lame..creepy and his stupid behavior to nano was unnecessary and dumb..I hate him even more now..cool episode on the end..
Sep 18, 2016 2:14 PM

Jul 2016
Galaxy__ said:
is this black hole dumb shit actually canon ? pls someone tell me its not. what a complete stupid plot device.

90% of the plot devices are stupid. Just watch Re:Zero and his Return by dead or BokuDake and his Revival. Deal with it.

This chpater is a pure train feel with the original Kakeru road to suicide. :'(

Hagita best bro, forever in every timeline.
Sep 18, 2016 2:15 PM
Oct 2014
What an awful deus ex machina, I mean that was laughably bad.

An Kakeru is still the most unlikable character.
Sep 18, 2016 2:27 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So this episode looks at Kakeru's point of view of the events that have taken place so far.

I thought that this was a good episode because it allowed us to see what Kakeru's inner thoughts were as he experienced the events of the anime. His mothers death affected him much more greatly than i actually thought.

Its cool that they managed to show both the original timeline and the current timeline though.

The saddest part of this episode will probably be when he see's that unsent text that his mother who's expressed all the reasons for all the problems that Kakeru was having. The saddest part was that she never told him and never sent that text.
At first i hated his mother but looking at this scene now though my opinion of her has changed and i feel sorry for her.

Kakeru is still giving Naho the cold shoulder though but he at least accepts the apology from her.

And i never expected a reference to the Bermuda triangle of all things here

can't wait to see how this ends though
I hope that they can stop him from committing suicide
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2016 2:30 PM

Apr 2008
The first half of the episode legit made me tear up. Poor Kakeru. ;__; Him rushing to his bike after reading his mom's draft was actually heartbreaking.

I adore Kakeru as a character, but I can't handle him being a dick to Naho! She was acting kind of pushy in the previous episode, but still!!

And I'm not against the black hole explanation??? lol. I feel like some explanation for how they sent back the letters is better than no explanation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2016 2:38 PM

Jul 2015
SilverDio said:
Galaxy__ said:

90% of the plot devices are stupid. Just watch Re:Zero and his Return by dead or BokuDake and his Revival. Deal with it.

the whole show of Re:Zero is wrapped around that concept. and it will most likely have a kinda good explanation which is obviously easier explainable in a fantasy setting. and yes BokuDake is as stupid as orange. we agree. but that doesnt make it acceptable. the whole show is stupid from this point on. naho was freakin annoying anyways.
Galaxy__Sep 18, 2016 3:19 PM
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Sep 18, 2016 2:43 PM

Sep 2013
It was nice seeing everything from Kakeru's point of view!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Sep 18, 2016 2:56 PM

Apr 2014
Now Kakerus flashback of his death brings some new stuff here. Because he didn't actually commit suicide right?

He saw the drafts and wanted to go to Naho to apologozie and probably confess, and then he had the accident, but it wasn't a suicidal motive.

He would have finally confessed, ending the "waiting time".

And probably his friends still think that at this moment, not knowing the truth behind his death.

In a funny way, when he read the SMS where his mother explained his childhood, I found similarities with Kakeru. Hard childhood, father-mother problems and divorce, mobbing... It kinda hit the nail on the head why during the whole series I had sympathies for his character and why I could "feel" his thoughts and his depression.

Now I will see the last episode. Exciting to wait for Kakerus verdict.

Interesing, because as Suwa is one of the best characters I have ever seen, I would wish him Naho by his side. But as I can feel Kakeru, his problems, his views, probably also his complexes, I would wish him Naho as well. I think you all know the moment when in a (comedy) romance movie you sympathize with a love contendant who is gonna get the female protagonist, and in most of the case is true. Here, I am really divided with the opinions. Only the fact that Suwa has married already Naho in the future, makes me wanna have Naheru coming together with Naho a little bit more.

To the episode related, I loved the part when Kakeru made a self-thought about what would happen if I died, accompanied by the piano. It went deep.
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Sep 18, 2016 2:57 PM

Jan 2016
i was crying and cracking the **** up this episode.
i can't that mumbo jumbo for the letters just killed me XD
So they spoil us and tell us the unsent message is his trigger, or are they going to have a new trigger for this second world?
...Q_Q

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Orange Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

204 by miffyverse »»
Apr 1, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

177 by miffyverse »»
Mar 27, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2016

234 by KayyTH »»
Mar 23, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Orange Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

230 by KayyTH »»
Mar 23, 1:24 AM

Poll: » Orange Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

381 by Minonine »»
Dec 23, 2023 1:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.