Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 9, 2010 3:05 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Tell that to cigarettes and also I like to breath with my rhythm and not one controlled.
And what does cigarettes have anything to do with anything? Cigarettes are stupid, yes, but as long as you don't smoke, you can still lower your breathing rate with a few seconds without being exposed to any danger at all. And if you get used to breathing a bit slower, it becomes your new natural breathing rhythm anyway.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 9, 2010 3:16 AM
Jun 2008
I watch for only less than 1 minute.....i feel suffocated.I like play games,I hate lag,and this really feel laggy ,,,,,,,
Feb 9, 2010 3:17 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Tell that to cigarettes and also I like to breath with my rhythm and not one controlled.
And what does cigarettes have anything to do with anything? Cigarettes are stupid, yes, but as long as you don't smoke, you can still lower your breathing rate with a few seconds without being exposed to any danger at all. And if you get used to breathing a bit slower, it becomes your new natural breathing rhythm anyway.
Why do you think I mentioned cigarettes? Because I smoke nano I like the taste and nothing will make me stop. I do physical work so it works well balanced and I don't like getting used to another rhythm....I like sometimes things as they are.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Feb 9, 2010 3:18 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Why do you think I mentioned cigarettes? Because I smoke nano I like the taste and nothing will make me stop. I do physical work so it works well balanced and I don't like getting used to another rhythm....I like sometimes things as they are.
Oh I see what you did thar =.=' Didn't think you'd be one to smoke, as your farmlife ought to be rather healthy... Apparantly not
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 9, 2010 3:50 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Oh I see what you did thar =.=' Didn't think you'd be one to smoke, as your farmlife ought to be rather healthy... Apparantly not
Boo, my farm life is healthy and cigarettes are not bad....it all depends how you use them.....you obviously do not know about how farming might get sometimes in the stress level but sometimes it's ok anyways back on topic....breathing less will certainly not solve anything if something then Kyoto protocol.

Feb 9, 2010 4:48 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Boo, my farm life is healthy and cigarettes are not bad....it all depends how you use them.....you obviously do not know about how farming might get sometimes in the stress level but sometimes it's ok anyways back on topic....breathing less will certainly not solve anything if something then Kyoto protocol.
You're funny sometimes, know that? "cigarettes are not bad....it all depends on how you use them", I almost laughed ^^; Anyway what the crap are you using them for unless to smoke? Which, for the record, stinks, just tellin', just tellin'.
But no, breathing less would most certainly not do any good, unless there's a good amount of people breathing less. Though I can't say the Kyoto protocol did any good, since .. Well.. How much a difference is there now compared to when the protocol was signed? It's worse, for the most part ┐(-。ー')┌

Anyway what is intellectual discussion doing in unintellectual thread? (・3・ア
Feb 9, 2010 4:50 AM

Jun 2009
francismeunier said:
Boo, my farm life is healthy and cigarettes are not bad....it all depends how you use them.....

How u use them... u're chewing them? o_O
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 9, 2010 4:54 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
You're funny sometimes, know that? "cigarettes are not bad....it all depends on how you use them", I almost laughed ^^; Anyway what the crap are you using them for unless to smoke? Which, for the record, stinks, just tellin', just tellin'.
But no, breathing less would most certainly not do any good, unless there's a good amount of people breathing less. Though I can't say the Kyoto protocol did any good, since .. Well.. How much a difference is there now compared to when the protocol was signed? It's worse, for the most part ┐(-。ー')┌

Anyway what is intellectual discussion doing in unintellectual thread? (・3・ア
It's the fact that the Kyoto protocol was not respected just like I wonder how many respect the environment in this serie.....look at students throwing the garbage around like it was nothing.....maybe that creates the problem around for the pollution. Ah I don't even know what pollution has to do with this show.
OrochiPL said:
francismeunier said:
Boo, my farm life is healthy and cigarettes are not bad....it all depends how you use them.....

No of course not but I don't smoke packs a day....only about 10 cigarettes.

Feb 9, 2010 7:01 AM

Nov 2009
They where talking about windmils and holland xD we don't have that many windmils only at some place's but am so happy they where'n saying that we where clogs or something like that xD
Feb 9, 2010 7:07 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
OrochiPL said:
francismeunier said:
In my opinion, 10 is plenty, though as true as it is, several packs a day is worse : |
Feb 9, 2010 7:31 AM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
OrochiPL said:
francismeunier said:
In my opinion, 10 is plenty, though as true as it is, several packs a day is worse : |

Agreed, 10 is plenty. But i know ppl smokin' 30 a day so...
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 9, 2010 11:05 AM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
I do physical work so it works well balanced and I don't like getting used to another rhythm....

Sorry but this statement made me laugh so hard. You mean that your otherwise apparently healthy lifestyle balance out all downsides to smoking?
Besides if you're doing plenty of heavy day to day manual labour smoking is about the stupidest thing one can possibly do, since the cigarettes or rather the smoke itself, or if we want to get real specific the tar in the smoke sticks and clogs your lungs, drasticly reducing their efficiency to take up oxygen from air.
And while doing heavy work one of the main things the body is trying to do is keeping the muscles with fresh oxygen filled blood.
Plus there are about a dozen additional short and long therm negative side-effects that smoking causes.

I've always failed to see the logic and reason behind people who smoke, since there are absolutely no benefits to it what so ever.

Just had to rant a bit xD
EternalDreamerFeb 9, 2010 11:10 AM
Feb 9, 2010 1:15 PM

Jan 2009
EternalDreamer said:
I've always failed to see the logic and reason behind people who smoke, since there are absolutely no benefits to it what so ever.

Why, thank you very much, it's good to know that there are some people left with a decent mind : >
Not that quoting would make a difference, but that's probably the best about what you just said
Feb 9, 2010 1:51 PM

Oct 2009
EternalDreamer said:
francismeunier said:

Just had to rant a bit xD

This does not apply to me but to writers it helps their memory...let's see to me it slows down my heart rate after a nice sweaty job better than myself and I don't smoke while on the job BTW.
Oosran said:
EternalDreamer said:

Why, thank you very much, it's good to know that there are some people left with a decent mind : >
Not that quoting would make a difference, but that's probably the best about what you just said
No he has a decent opinion...his mind is just logical from his perspective. I have my own but you know that already Oosran dude!

Feb 9, 2010 2:24 PM

Jul 2009
It's not an opinion, it's a scientificly proven fact =P

As for people who claim it "helps" them, cigarettes or rather nicotine work like any other drug and stimulates the brain and thus after an extended period of use create a natural resistance and balance towards the substance.
Which is why addicted people get the feeling of "improvement" during usage, but what it does is reality is raising the level of nicotine (in this case) back to a level the system is familiar with and therefore creates a feeling of "good". But if you never smoked in the first place you would not need these increased levels of nicotine to function "normally".

Not that I'm judging you, your body, your life. And we all got the right to do whatever the hell we want with ourselves =D
(or at least we're given the illusion that it is so^^)
Feb 9, 2010 2:28 PM

Oct 2009
EternalDreamer said:
It's not an opinion, it's a scientificly proven fact =P

As for people who claim it "helps" them, cigarettes or rather nicotine work like any other drug and stimulates the brain and thus after an extended period of use create a natural resistance and balance towards the substance.
Which is why addicted people get the feeling of "improvement" during usage, but what it does is reality is raising the level of nicotine (in this case) back to a level the system is familiar with and therefore creates a feeling of "good". But if you never smoked in the first place you would not need these increased levels of nicotine to function "normally".

Not that I'm judging you, your body, your life. And we all got the right to do whatever the hell we want with ourselves =D
(or at least we're given the illusion that it is so^^)
I agree but I would be fool to be ignorant of it yet I don't mind and death comes to all so let's live it fully whatever our thing is.....alcohol, drugs or even sex.....get my point?

Feb 9, 2010 3:27 PM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
I agree but I would be fool to be ignorant of it yet I don't mind and death comes to all so let's live it fully whatever our thing is.....alcohol, drugs or even sex.....get my point?

Agreed, I'm all in for those last three things you just mentioned but I'm all against cigarettes xD
I personally get no satisfaction what so ever from smoking (only feel how the smoke blackens my lungs at every breath :shrugs:) and as such I will never start doing it.
Feb 9, 2010 4:47 PM

Sep 2008
How can a thread about a railgun special episode discussion turn into 'stop smoking campaign'.
The episode is awesome by the way.
Glad that I am not alone in questioning the reason of so many windmill constructed. But I guess THIS IS Academy City after all.
Feb 9, 2010 4:52 PM

Jun 2009
anuarbin said:
How can a thread about a railgun special episode discussion turn into 'stop smoking campaign'.

I wonder too...
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 10, 2010 1:32 AM

May 2008
This was one of the most random things i ever seen =D

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Feb 10, 2010 1:53 AM

Oct 2009
OrochiPL said:
anuarbin said:

I wonder too...
Because of the breath less to save the planet which in turn would also mean reduce cigarette consumption......that will never happen....try convincing me....

Feb 10, 2010 2:05 AM

Jul 2009
OrochiPL said:
anuarbin said:

I wonder too...

We follow the true nature of this episode.
And talk allot of random nonconsistent worldly stuff xD
EternalDreamerFeb 10, 2010 2:12 AM
Feb 10, 2010 8:23 AM

Jan 2009
EternalDreamer said:
OrochiPL said:
anuarbin said:
I wonder too...
We follow the true nature of this episode.
And talk allot of random nonconsistent worldly stuff xD
And that pretty much sums it up I suppose? xD
But hey, to quote another one while I'm here,
greenmush said:
I'd say the cigarette conversation in here is more random : D
Feb 10, 2010 5:04 PM

Feb 2009
lololololol i would jizz in my pants if i could
holland got mentioned, yay. i feel so very special now.
Feb 10, 2010 6:30 PM
Feb 2009
anyone have the ddl site for the subbed one ? pls post it here dun T_T
Feb 10, 2010 6:52 PM

Nov 2008
Oosran said:
greenmush said:

Yip. Francis brings most of lulz to MAL.
Feb 10, 2010 7:12 PM

Jun 2009
Maximatum99 said:
Oosran said:
greenmush said:

Don't insult francis, he's still a good person for conversations.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 10, 2010 10:37 PM

Nov 2008
OrochiPL said:
Maximatum99 said:

That was NOT an insult. I agree with you totally.
Feb 10, 2010 11:35 PM

Oct 2009
OrochiPL said:
Maximatum99 said:
Oosran said:
greenmush said:

Sniff thanks guys I sometimes lose my enthusiasm you encourage me...because well lots of things happen with animals on the farm.
Maximatum99 said:
Oosran said:
greenmush said:

What else is there to anime than arguing.......lulz of course! Actually this episode was also like that more than #18 of Railgun itself.

Feb 11, 2010 2:37 AM

Nov 2008
francismeunier said:

I think you missed the, "That was NOT an insult. I agree with you totally" part.
Feb 11, 2010 5:50 AM

Oct 2009
Maximatum99 said:
francismeunier said:

I think you missed the, "That was NOT an insult. I agree with you totally" part.
Rofl maybe I did sometimes I am tired when I just come to peek at what is being talked about here and there around MAL.

Feb 11, 2010 6:39 AM

Jan 2009
Oh by the way, you messed up them quotes, big time.
If it weren't for the fact that I can guess who wrote pretty much everything, I'd have a hard time guess who wrote what when it comes to your quotes francis ^^
Feb 11, 2010 6:56 AM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:
If it weren't for the fact that I can guess who wrote pretty much everything, I'd have a hard time guess who wrote what when it comes to your quotes francis ^^

Everyone makes mistakes, my son~ ...
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 11, 2010 7:34 AM

Jan 2009
OrochiPL said:
Oosran said:
Sorry, but.. I'm perfect.. Eheh~ xD
Feb 11, 2010 7:40 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
OrochiPL said:
Oosran said:
Misaka says that no one is perfect even herself as you can see from the series itself....so don't try it Oosran.

Feb 11, 2010 7:43 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
OrochiPL said:
Oosran said:
Misaka says that no one is perfect even herself as you can see from the series itself....so don't try it Oosran.
What's she got to do with anything anyway? In real life, I'm perfect, but in anime and manga, nothing can be perfect, 'kay?

..Or actually, forget I ever said anything about this ^^;
Feb 11, 2010 8:32 AM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:
OrochiPL said:
Oosran said:

Now that's an epic lulz. Nice one Oosran, you're even better than Francis sometimes. xD
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 11, 2010 8:56 AM

Jan 2009
OrochiPL said:
Oosran said:
OrochiPL said:
Oosran said:

Now that's an epic lulz. Nice one Oosran, you're even better than Francis sometimes. xD

Oosran said:
I'm perfect
I told ya, didn't I?xD
Feb 11, 2010 2:28 PM

Jul 2009
The three biggest spammers arguing :rollseyes:
Just a question, are you guys just fishing for post counts or do you seriously got nothing else to do but spend your days on these forums? =P
Feb 11, 2010 2:33 PM

Jun 2009
EternalDreamer said:
Just a question, are you guys just fishing for post counts or do you seriously got nothing else to do but spend your days on these forums? =P

I have winter break and it's fun to talk here, so what's the problem?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 11, 2010 2:52 PM

Jul 2009
OrochiPL said:
EternalDreamer said:

Jeez someone need to take a step back and chill for a bit.
Just a friendly curious question because you have to admit the forum activity is just a bit over "average" ;P
And a large portion of it is just quotations with agreements so I'm just saying (^_^)
Feb 11, 2010 2:52 PM

Sep 2009
I lol'd quite a bit.
-
Feb 11, 2010 3:11 PM

Jun 2009
EternalDreamer said:
OrochiPL said:
EternalDreamer said:

Jeez someone need to take a step back and chill for a bit.

I'm chilled, don't worry.

EternalDreamer said:
Just a friendly curious question because you have to admit the forum activity is just a bit over "average" ;P

And i gave u a friendly answer.

EternalDreamer said:
And a large portion of it is just quotations with agreements so I'm just saying (^_^)

It's good as long as there's discussion going on. Agreements, quotings, questions, answers, theories, they're all part of discussions, right? ;]
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 11, 2010 3:54 PM

Jul 2009
OrochiPL said:

It's good as long as there's discussion going on. Agreements, quotings, questions, answers, theories, they're all part of discussions, right? ;]

Yeah I very much have to agree with that last statement, but it can feel a bit excessive and needless in some situations, especially if it starts to become routine.
But I guess that's just my opinion from being a forum admin, after a few weeks of removing useless post by retards you really get tired of staring at blank statements.

Not to say you're posting rubbish or being a retard, on the contrary, I'd say you usually contribute plenty and actually provide interesting reading at times =)
But sometimes I do wonder if certain post really was for expressing opinions or just wanting to display ones name ;}

But then again I guess I too have done my fare share of "rubbish" talk (like now^^), this especially occurs if I'm drunk (wild theories) or mentally tired (usually ranting)
*cough*
So I guess I have to make a small humble excuse on my part. As I fall in the latter category atm.

But that doesn't mean I agree with the usual behaviour of massive eye soaring quotations you three seems to be attracted too ;}
Feb 12, 2010 6:27 AM

Jun 2009

EternalDreamer said:
But that doesn't mean I agree with the usual behaviour of massive eye soaring quotations you three seems to be attracted too ;}

It's just that.... quote-pyramids are awesome, xD but specially for you i used spoiler tag here.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 12, 2010 9:20 AM

Jan 2009
Quote pyramids~ Mmmmmmh, tasty
Uh.. Right, anyway, as to the previous statements,
EternalDreamer said:
Fishing for post counts? No why would .. Oh shi- I didn't even notice xD Anyway, no, got nothing better to do, really : p
Or.. Got better things to do, but nothing that's actually fun : >
As too excessive stuff.. Yes some of the agreeing can get a bit.. Unnecessary : p Especially them quotes that go like
someoneelse said:
blahblahwhoever said:
blahblahstuff
I agree

^Those, are really unnecessary
Feb 12, 2010 1:23 PM

Jul 2008
The only funny part was the wind turbine one.
Feb 12, 2010 1:48 PM

Jun 2008
EternalDreamer said:

But post farming is fun!
Feb 12, 2010 7:37 PM

Jun 2008
Finally decided to watch it.

After 4 minutes it was decided, this is horrible but I'll give it a second chance. Another minute or two, it didn't improve. I press the stop button and said, "Lord give me back the 6 minutes I lost watching this POC."
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Feb 14, 2010 10:05 PM

Jul 2009
THREAD DERAILMENT COMPLETE!
DONG DONG!
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Specials Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Gar_Logan - Jun 13, 2010

53 by MxS7HGS »»
Jun 11, 2023 4:37 PM

» Where the specials at?

desolato - May 27, 2010

3 by Marcos_Aspira »»
Jan 21, 2020 6:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.