Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 17, 2016 5:31 PM
Jan 2010
Im a fan of the old berserk anime, but have never read the manga. Im not happy with the cgi animation the new series have, but its not as terrible as many claims. I find the old berserk better than this one, but still i enjoy the new series a lot. So much more serious and so much more sense that most of the seasonal hits have, i wont say its perfect, but a score below 7 its an insult. I dont know how does the anime do to the source material, but still, its insulting. Can somone explain it while beeing objective?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 17, 2016 5:42 PM

Jan 2014
I agree I actually really enjoyed this anime crappy CGI aside.
Sep 17, 2016 6:12 PM
Apr 2016
The aesthetic make the show look very cheap, like a valkyria chronicles cutscene. The frame rate is choppy and that doesn't show how fast the action could be. I wish the animation of the series was the animation in the opening credits.

I believe that the low score is just Berserk fanboys (I'm one of them) expressing their disappointment at how an esteemed manga series didn't get the best assets to create a show. It's not like other hard R shows can't look great.
matericsSep 17, 2016 6:25 PM
Sep 17, 2016 6:41 PM
Apr 2016
Hyperbolic Berserk fanboys rated it extremely low because they didn't like the art style and how low budget it was. The show could never possibly live up to their expectations because they remember the old show through rose tinted lenses. They don't remember how low budget the old show was too. I liked the new show because I could get over the superficial aspects of the show's presentation and appreciate the world, story, and characters that Miura masterfully crafted in the manga. A lot of people couldn't.
Sep 17, 2016 6:52 PM
Feb 2014
It seems like the animation quality is the main gripe for most people. There's a lot of story from the manga that's overlooked as well.

A lot of people have been looking forward to a new Berserk anime for years, as we've only seen the Golden Age arc adapted in the past (and little glimpses from the Black Swordsman arc). So when this new anime came out, with subpar animation and parts cut out, naturally they were disappointed and pissed, as the chances of ever seeing a "good and faithful" adaptation seemed to go down the drain.

Personally, I quite enjoyed it. The first four episodes or so weren't that good, but it really picked up after that. The music fit perfectly, the tone was spot on, and honestly the animation grew on me after a while.

I'm happy to hear it'll get a second season. Hopefully it'll be even better!
BajumeruSep 17, 2016 6:59 PM
Sep 17, 2016 6:55 PM

Sep 2016
there is a reason why absolute mess anime like aldnoah zero and fate franchise get high score. pretty animation & cool OST. it overshadows any kind of character/story/etcetcetcetc

even the most mediocre show tales of zestiria get heavily praised because of it's unlimited budget

tldr visual is everything
GangsterCatSep 17, 2016 6:59 PM
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 17, 2016 6:59 PM
Apr 2016
I enjoy Fate for the awesome fights and the scheming so its not just the pretty animation for me. Aldnoah.zero blows though. I have never seen a more overhyped piece of trash.
Sep 17, 2016 7:03 PM
Jul 2015
The retards, they're all around us, inside the walls, downvoting all of our satisfactory anime purely out of distaste for the animation style. Their numbers are too great to be reckoned with, and so the trait of rational and logical judgement is slowly fading away from humanity's members one by one, leaving nothing behind but a bitter husk of narrow minded and stubborn pessimists believing the only light to be found in this world is, ironically, in unwavering skepticism and cynical nature.
Sep 18, 2016 1:29 AM

Jan 2015
First of all, 6.74 is not such a low score. It's not great but it's still around the global mean.

I enjoyed watching Berserk as well, however I recognise that it was executed poorly.
The plot is good but it omits some stuff from the manga and only really picks up after a few episodes. You can't do that in a short, 12 episode show that also heavily relies on the storytelling as its main hook.
It's the technical aspects, however, that killed the score of this show, most notably the CGI, which is horrible. If you think that it wasn't 'that bad', it mighty just mean you have a lower standard than most people and are not bothered by it. But then again, directing is apalling, camera shots are weird, sound design kinda sucks too... There's just too many shortcomings that take a considerable toll on the overall quality of the show.

You say that "a score below 7 its an insult" but to me anything above 5 is just too much for a show that doesn't deliver on anything but the story (and not even fully on that).
Sep 18, 2016 10:18 AM

Jul 2009
The main reason must be the bad CGI...no one likes it, the story is amazing, coz Berserk is a masterpiece, but the studio is not helping...
Sep 18, 2016 10:19 AM

Sep 2009
People hate CGI, and not without reason.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Sep 19, 2016 2:44 AM
Jan 2016
Well, I hope I can provide an objective view (I'm sure people will disagree, I only ask they be respectful):

To start off I'll admit I gave this anime a really low score. The reason I did this is because I'm judging it solely on its own merits: meaning I did not include the story in my consideration of the score because that's the manga's merit, the anime and studio can't claim any credit - and thus any praise - for it.

So what I did judge it on was art, animation, directing, sound effects, music, and voice acting.

Art was average at best. I didn't mind the CG and I liked some of the still shots of faces that were drawn, but the anime suffered in the poor consistency between rendered and drawn frames; sure, you could tell it was the same character, but contrary to the claim that they'd try to blend the rendered and drawn frames together, it just served to constantly remind you how bland the 3D models were. Of course there were also some really badly drawn scenes that only serve to remind you the studio has worked exclusively on schoolgirl/magical girl anime and someone clearly stabbed their hand trying to draw adults with breasts.

Animation quality suffered a lot due to bad directing, so I'll roll those two metrics into one. There are way too many scenes where the director got a bit too creative or artsy for no particular reason - like how the camera swung over Guts' head in the bar during the first episode or the zoomed into the Inquisitor's lens to show Farnesse's face while he walked up some stairs - non-action scenes that didn't need pointless camera tricks, but still had them either for the sake of style or to reduce animation frames. The same goes for the action scenes, where every battle has closeups of Guts' cloak, of someone's face when they're reacting to something happening, closeup of the weapon as it tears through something, semi-still frames (where the only thing being animated are the action lines and Guts' cloak), and constantly breaking the 180 degree rule of filmmaking.

Sound effects sufficed and weren't terrible... except when the Dragonslayer sounded like a giant frying pan.

Music was poorly used. The tracks by themselves aren't bad, but music wasn't used to create an atmosphere - instead it was used like you would expect music to be used in a game: it's appropriate to the scene, but isn't timed to rise with the tension or break with the reveal, it just starts when the scene starts and ends when the scene changes. While that's fine for games and lighthearted anime, it doesn't work out very well for something as dark and dramatic as Berserk.

Voice acting was probably the only part that I didn't have any complaints about.

So based on MAL's own scoring, I don't feel like Berserk 2016 was a good anime. If you strip away the story it's just a badly directed anime with poor production values that's below average in almost every regard, so I can't give it more than a 3 (Very Bad) or 4 (Bad). If I had to include the story into my scoring then sure, I'd give it a 6 (Fine) or 7 (Good)... but that's still a bad animation getting a good grade simply because it's riding on the coattails of an awesome piece of work.

And to be less objective: honestly, I think it's more insulting to give something a good grade despite it being bad simply because it's hiding behind a good franchise. It's like someone copying their homework off a friend right in front of the teacher and expecting to get the same grade... except they used crayons and took a shit on the paper before handing it in.
MysteriousBananaSep 19, 2016 2:57 AM
Sep 19, 2016 2:46 AM

Feb 2015
because you have shit taste and thinking that this deserves higher aggregate rating then ting! shit taste proven

MortalMelancholy said:

why, should there be a reason to hate it?
Sep 19, 2016 2:49 AM

Oct 2011
I though it was considered generally pretty well received. Is the animation really that bad for 1997?
Sep 19, 2016 5:17 AM

Sep 2009
Joms said:
because you have shit taste and thinking that this deserves higher aggregate rating then ting! shit taste proven

MortalMelancholy said:

why, should there be a reason to hate it?

Because most of the time, it looks horrible.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Sep 19, 2016 4:41 PM
Jul 2015
MysteriousBanana said:

To start off I'll admit I gave this anime a really low score. The reason I did this is because I'm judging it solely on its own merits: meaning I did not include the story in my consideration of the score because that's the manga's merit, the anime and studio can't claim any credit - and thus any praise - for it.

How is that a fair rating system at all? Surely then anime that don't have manga or novels as an origin then automatically get a higher rating? This website is for rating anime in it's entirety, not rating how well we think the studio did at adapting whatever story into the form of anime.

Of course, the studio didn't even do a satisfactory job, but the 97 version wasn't nice at all to pick up the pieces from. They didn't introduce puck or skull knight when they should have, just to make it look as clean and polished as possible. And now, the studio with the responsibility of the 2016 version is taking the shit for the previous studio having clearly no interest into setting the anime up for a viable future.

Adapting such a monstrous manga like berserk is a tough job, on top of the 97 version's crap-ups, and a mediocre studio was given the task. People would probably have let it slide, but here along comes this edgy production quality that is just so easy to nitpick problems with, and then suddenly we have the most hated anime of the year!

This entire thing is a complete disaster, and rather than giving it some thought, everyone has opted for the easy way out and just pointed their fingers at this poor studio, who's potential is just as good as half of the studios we know and sometimes worship. Anime reaching a public rating below 7 is uncanny, and it normally has to be really shit for it to happen, but i think certainly that this is not such a case.
Sep 19, 2016 7:23 PM
Apr 2016
How can you not take story into account? It is literally the single most important aspect of a tv show or movie.
Sep 19, 2016 7:32 PM

Jan 2014
Sep 20, 2016 4:03 AM

Mar 2013
I think the score is so low because of people who watched it to 3-4 episode and dropped it. I gave it a 8, i enjoyed it really much, especially the last couple of episodes. And i'm waiting for the new arc ;p
"I believe in panties" ~ Shiina Mashiro
Sep 20, 2016 4:03 AM

Jan 2015
br4dl3yb34r said:
How can you not take story into account? It is literally the single most important aspect of a tv show or movie.

I guess it boils down to one's personal scoring system. The guy decided to not include the story as the anime's merit because the story, as presented in this adaptation is really only good if you've read the manga beforehand.
If taken at face value, the plot's presentation was mediocre, especially for the first few episodes.

I don't necessarily agree with that method of scoring but I understand the reasoning behind it.

Shinnigami said:
I think the score is so low because of people who watched it to 3-4 episode and dropped it. I gave it a 8, i enjoyed it really much, especially the last couple of episodes. And i'm waiting for the new arc ;p

To be fair, judging by your list, you seem to enjoy everything really much.
GartoSep 20, 2016 4:08 AM
Sep 20, 2016 4:05 PM
Mar 2008
it's still too high. the only reason i rated it a 7 is because i love the manga, know the backstory and love the characters . had this been anything other than berserk i would have probably rated it a 4.

more than half of the story has been skipped, choppy animation,.. the only saving grace is the soundtrack
Sep 20, 2016 4:15 PM

Aug 2014
zaj said:
more than half of the story has been skipped, choppy animation,.. the only saving grace is the soundtrack

Which half? Black Swordsman and Lost Children? They aren't too relevant to the Conviction arc. They accommodated for the omissions in the first few episodes, which made them kind of a mess, but it's pretty clear they were focusing on Conviction. Did you lower the score for the other adaptations for skipping BS?
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 20, 2016 5:05 PM

Mar 2015
It's not just 'Berserk fanboys' who're rating this show poorly.

To look at objective facts, this adaptation omitted some importants parts of the manga. But even if you haven't read the manga, don't you seriously see that the animation looks like something out of a crappy PS 1 game?
Anime is a visual medium so art/animation obviously are important, and this show looks like utter shit. If you can't see that well then I don't know what to tell you.

If anything this mess is rated way too high.
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Sep 20, 2016 7:53 PM
Jan 2016
ojdude said:
How is that a fair rating system at all? Surely then anime that don't have manga or novels as an origin then automatically get a higher rating? This website is for rating anime in it's entirety, not rating how well we think the studio did at adapting whatever story into the form of anime.

br4dl3yb34r said:

I can see those points, but on the same token I can't fairly judge the anime if I include the story in my scoring because I know so much about it. The story (excluding the rather awkward and rushed first few episodes that Miura penned) was incredibly faithful for an adaptation, but that in itself might be a flaw because being too faithful while picking up in the middle of the story naturally means there's a lot of stuff beforehand you need to know to make sense of it all; there have been comments in previous threads where people who haven't read the manga or seen the previous series/movies were completely lost, so as much as I'd like to say the story is 10/10, I don't know if that's the manga fanboy in me speaking or if the anime actually presented the story well despite all the technical flaws.

It's true that the story is an important aspect of animations and films, but presentation is equally (if not moreso) important because a good story just can't shine if it's presented badly. Berserk 2016's certainly score suffers because I excluded the story, but on the other hand most of the anime I've watched wouldn't really change in score even if I excluded their stories as well because their production quality is generally on par with their story - it's extremely rare for me to watch something that has such a huge gap in quality between the writing and technical aspects (and usually it's bad stories with decent animations).

I wish I could rate Berserk 2016 as a standalone anime, but my knowledge of the manga makes that virtually impossible for me, so I can only judge it as an animation "add-on" to the manga - and for an add-on, it's pretty damn bad.
Sep 20, 2016 7:54 PM

Apr 2009
haven't seen it yet and can already tell how terrible it is.
Sep 20, 2016 8:09 PM
Jan 2016
QuattroVaginas said:
zaj said:

Which half? Black Swordsman and Lost Children? They aren't too relevant to the Conviction arc. They accommodated for the omissions in the first few episodes, which made them kind of a mess, but it's pretty clear they were focusing on Conviction. Did you lower the score for the other adaptations for skipping BS?

To be fair, Miura admitted he didn't know what he was going to do with the story when he first wrote Black Swordsman, it was pretty much angst for the sake of angst, and the Golden Age was basically a step back so he could explain how Guts wound up a raging emo edgelord; the Lost Children story wasn't important in itself, but it did serve the purpose of explaining why Puck became interested in Guts, how Guts finally accepted the annoying elf's companionship (it did happen rather abruptly in the anime), and show that despite being a raging emo edgelord, he still had it in him to protect people (which I suppose the whole saving Isidoro scene was supposed to show that instead somehow).

So while most of Black Swordsman could be written off, we did lose a fair bit of character development from Lost Children.
Sep 21, 2016 7:47 AM

Mar 2013
Garto said:
Shinnigami said:

To be fair, judging by your list, you seem to enjoy everything really much.

Honestly, i need to rework my list, cuz i started watching animes for quite some time and my opinion changed really much. If i'm to score them now, most of them will have lower marks :D
"I believe in panties" ~ Shiina Mashiro
Sep 21, 2016 8:25 AM

Mar 2015
They hate it because it objectively sucks
what
Sep 21, 2016 9:56 AM

Aug 2014
MysteriousBanana said:
QuattroVaginas said:

To be fair, Miura admitted he didn't know what he was going to do with the story when he first wrote Black Swordsman, it was pretty much angst for the sake of angst, and the Golden Age was basically a step back so he could explain how Guts wound up a raging emo edgelord; the Lost Children story wasn't important in itself, but it did serve the purpose of explaining why Puck became interested in Guts, how Guts finally accepted the annoying elf's companionship (it did happen rather abruptly in the anime), and show that despite being a raging emo edgelord, he still had it in him to protect people (which I suppose the whole saving Isidoro scene was supposed to show that instead somehow).

So while most of Black Swordsman could be written off, we did lose a fair bit of character development from Lost Children.

See this is the thing when you start from the middle of the story. Development, from what? As you acknowledged, the adaptation established those aspects of Gut's character in its own way, and no one gives a shit about Puck. I would have loved to see Lost Children adapted, but it's pretty much a side arc that didn't need to be under the Conviction umbrella. Wyald is arguably more important to GA than LC to C.

So while there is questionable direction and the art and animation is undoubtedly shit, story-wise it's a decent adaptation of Conviction.
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 21, 2016 12:28 PM
Jan 2008
It wouldn't be right to rate something solely based on the fact that you like the franchise or other adaptions of it, that way you would make the score less reliable as you didn't really rate the adaption itself for what it was, only because you like Berserk the idea/concept. It's like rating a Final Fantasy game great because you love FF, regardless of the fact that you disliked that particular FF adaption.

Haven't seen this anime so I can't answer for the low score, but I could give the perspective of someone that hasn't seen it. I love Berserk, and I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, nor simply take the word of others in matters of taste- but I can tell you that the animation alone does put me off. It does matter. Anime is visual media, and it shouldn't be a surprise that the visual representation is central to that. It's like saying a movie doesn't need a picture, because the story is good. Well then that's sound, and then it wouldn't be visual media anymore.

Visualize a game, you're psyched for this great looking game on your new PS4 or what have you, and yes the story is good, but what you thought was a great looking game with great art, actually has the graphics of a bad PS2 game, not as exciting anymore. It's a thing of the senses as much as of mind (story), it's about sight, sound combining and that's the total experience, whether it be of a movie, anime or game.

You might not care about that and be someone who favors story alone, but I love things that please the senses, beauty, taste, sound- I love music, I love food, I love movies. Beautiful art and beautiful music really adds to the experience and with a good story that is one epic anime (movie, game..). We've all seen those rare pieces that have all of that.

In conclusion, I won't watch this anime, as good as it may be. I'll save the time and I have plenty of other stuff to watch, and I will watch when Berserk gets a proper adaption, if that ever happens.
Sep 21, 2016 3:02 PM

May 2013
The most disappointing thing for me had to be that there were times I actually enjoyed watching it, but then realized how much BETTER it would be if the animation style weren't like it is and the directing were a bit different.

Some important scenes also felt kinda hollow in comparison to the manga, but what can you do. I have small gripes like the My Brother remix (although I enjoy it) makes no sense in the context of this arc in Berserk because that song was about the fall of the Tudor Empire. There were a few songs I felt really fit, but this is far from Sagisu's best work in music.
Sep 21, 2016 7:51 PM

Jun 2009
Sure this show skipped some of the story, used CGI, and whatever else you may complain about, but for me, it brought back so many good memories. I was on the edge of my seat most of the show cheering on Guts!!! Hell, I haven't gotten this excited in ages watching a show. Compared to most of the shit that's release nowadays, I'll re-watch Berserk any time of the week.

Also kick ass music.
Sep 21, 2016 7:56 PM

Jun 2009
xEDDYx said:
Im a fan of the old berserk anime, but have never read the manga. Im not happy with the cgi animation the new series have, but its not as terrible as many claims. I find the old berserk better than this one, but still i enjoy the new series a lot. So much more serious and so much more sense that most of the seasonal hits have, i wont say its perfect, but a score below 7 its an insult. I dont know how does the anime do to the source material, but still, its insulting. Can somone explain it while beeing objective?

Let them complain all they want, we're still getting a 2nd season, so they can fuck off and go enjoy shows they like.
Sep 22, 2016 2:31 AM
Jul 2013
I gave it a 7. I'm not really a Berserk veteran, having only seen the first movie of the Golden Egg arc and read a few chapters of the manga, but I enjoyed the show. It certainly wasn't amazing though. The CGI, like with most people, was my biggest drawback while watching this. It caused a lot of the faster paced scenes to just feel like they started to blur at times and suddenly something epic had happened without you realizing it.

I also felt the pacing was a bit off. Without referential material, I would have gotten lost more than I did. Overall, it's not a bad show, but it needed a bit more polish.
Sep 22, 2016 12:40 PM
Jan 2010
Joms said:

I"ve checked your anime scoures and what i notice is very low scores for almoste evrything. I wonder how you keep waching anime at all, i would drop it if i enjoyed it so poorly, there are plenty of other things to do beside waching anime. Well just talking from my side, maybe its worth to wach all the ,,crap,, to get this 1 on 50 realy good anime for some ppl, but thats rather unusual. Im trying to take all agains for this anime, but you seem far more diffrent for me to take your post serious. Sorry
Sep 22, 2016 4:43 PM

Apr 2016
As consumers we should be critical of everything, telling others or yourself that a below average product is good damages the industry, it's the same for anime, games, movies, etc. Anime might not be on the same level of using CGI as movies but it can do CGI good, it's just that when it does we barely notice, Berserk(2016) is clearly lacking when it comes to this.

As a work of fiction that pretty much created Dark Souls, inspired Dragon's Dogma and started the BFS trope, letting a team that's clearly lacking in both budget and talent produce this is not something that we should be fine with. It saddens me to see when people are so aggressive towards criticism especially in a time when it's needed the most.

I understand how much expectations this anime had because of Kentaro Miura's level of detail in the manga and I understand how some people can still enjoy it. However, with as little arrogance as I can, this anime is objectively bad. The directing is below amateur lever, it's confusing, poorly put together, has pitiful staging, overuses DCS, cuts too much, it literally ignores the basics of film making.
Sep 23, 2016 3:37 AM

Jan 2015
xEDDYx said:
I"ve checked your anime scoures and what i notice is very low scores for almoste evrything. I wonder how you keep waching anime at all, i would drop it if i enjoyed it so poorly, there are plenty of other things to do beside waching anime.

Many people don't score anime solely based on enjoyment and just include that aspect in their overall score. I did enjoy watching Berserk 2016 but I gave it a 4. You know why? Because of the plethora of reasons that are listed in this thread.
It sucks, yet I kinda liked it. How about that.

Pozdrawiam.
Oct 8, 2016 7:00 AM

Dec 2012
QuattroVaginas said:
MysteriousBanana said:

See this is the thing when you start from the middle of the story. Development, from what? As you acknowledged, the adaptation established those aspects of Gut's character in its own way, and no one gives a shit about Puck. I would have loved to see Lost Children adapted, but it's pretty much a side arc that didn't need to be under the Conviction umbrella. Wyald is arguably more important to GA than LC to C.

So while there is questionable direction and the art and animation is undoubtedly shit, story-wise it's a decent adaptation of Conviction.

I agree. Some are complaining because "the story of this adaptation is shit" which... is kind the same thing from the manga? Nothing have changed that much, some skipped scenes, sure, but nothing excesive and if you didn't read the manga I think you can follow the story very well anyway. To be fair, in this case, I think it would be harder to follow the story on the movies than this one here.
"But it follows the same premise as the golden arc so it's shit", but it's the same thing in the manga, except if you disliked it too in the manga, then it's ok.
I think story-wise it follows well the manga. Yeah, they skipped some things but this is an adaptation after all.

To be honest, my biggest complaint is the animation and I hope they do something different with it when they release the second season.
Oct 8, 2016 9:04 AM
Oct 2015
Camera.avi

How to explain more?
Oct 10, 2016 2:54 AM

May 2008
I would call myself a long time Berserk fanboi(it's one of my favourite mangas AND anime).

People complained about the original anime, and how it finished, and they also complained about the animation back then too.

Every future berserk, they will complain about, ESPECIALLY if it has any CGI. Usually i don't like CGI either, but i think they used it tastefully in the right moments.. i mean, priest Nazgul's stone form looked beastly. I also enjoyed the CGI in series like gantz, if you guys remember those giant buddha statues and other monsters.. they were also scary.

This is why i really enjoyed it, even if it didn't stick to the manga storyline or took extreme liberties etc. I don't care, because it's still berserk, and it's new material.

I mean, if i wanted the exact manga, i'd just read the manga.

My expectations were never high to begin with, and if it was even half decent, i would of enjoyed it. But imo, it's more than just 'half decent', it's actually decent/pretty good.

I'd probably give it a solid 8 based on a later, calmer etc reflection, but based on my initial shock and dismay at the low 6.5~ rating and all the 2's and 3's on the written reviews on the front page, well, i had to give it a 9 to balance it out, along with the fact that i just literally finished watching ep 12 ten minutes ago, and i really do feel like it was a 9 based on the enjoyment i got out of it, and how much i was hyped for the next episode..

I haven't watched anime or even TV/Movies for a long time now(because most are trash, just check out the type of anime/manga i like.. i'm a gits/cowboy bebop/seinen fanboi etc).
Oct 13, 2016 12:23 PM

Jan 2012
After reading some posts here , i am like this

man the anime wasn't that shitty

Oct 15, 2016 9:26 AM
Oct 2016
there's a lot misconception with CGI.
CGI was not the problem, it was the animator or the movie itself.
If u take a look at some movies/anime. you wont even realize some of the CGIs, because they made it perfectly well for ur eyes to enjoy
Oct 16, 2016 5:33 AM
May 2016
they didn't explain alot of stuff (like the behelit and why does guts have it and why is the fetus following guts and who the fetus really is ) wish would probably make new comers to the series think that its bad writing when it reality it has far more depth

also they skipped one of the best arcs (children's arc) wish had some of the best moments in the series

not to mention the fact that they changed guts's character (the way he acts and talks it just feels so different )

and the animation is crap the ps2 game has better animation atleast make it 30 fps for christ sake

those are my reasons on why it has such a low score imo it doesn't deserve the praise its getting from other people at all and its a shame that such a masterpiece like berserk have to get this kind of adaptation
Oct 22, 2016 12:54 AM

Jan 2013
M0HAMEDGAMERX1 said:
they didn't explain alot of stuff (like the behelit and why does guts have it and why is the fetus following guts and who the fetus really is ) wish would probably make new comers to the series think that its bad writing when it reality it has far more depth

also they skipped one of the best arcs (children's arc) wish had some of the best moments in the series

not to mention the fact that they changed guts's character (the way he acts and talks it just feels so different )

and the animation is crap the ps2 game has better animation atleast make it 30 fps for christ sake

those are my reasons on why it has such a low score imo it doesn't deserve the praise its getting from other people at all and its a shame that such a masterpiece like berserk have to get this kind of adaptation

In old berserk I think in episode 1 they already showed how he obtained the behelit.

skipped the arc bad move but I'm ok with that

Seiyuu are different... But this new seiyuu have done good job

Animation kind of sucks I admit but the story and all the events in the anime are flawless

Perhaps if there was fanservices you guys would've rated it higher... For me this berserk 2016 sure hit the spot
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2016 1:20 AM

Mar 2014
It's objectively shit. The fact that it exists is an insult the unrivaled franchise.

It deserves an even lower score.
Oct 22, 2016 2:33 AM
May 2016
clickmaster said:
M0HAMEDGAMERX1 said:

In old berserk I think in episode 1 they already showed how he obtained the behelit.

Animation kind of sucks I admit but the story and all the events in the anime are flawless

Perhaps if there was fanservices you guys would've rated it higher... For me this berserk 2016 sure hit the spot

my problem is not with the anime itself but just with the way they executed it
like i said they missed alot of stuff skipped one of the best arcs and didn't explain alot of major plot points in the story the behilet was the first thing they had to explain in this anime considering half the story revolves around it yet they gave it 0 explanation

the sound effects were shit too like what the hell ? this anime deserves to be better than this
its berserk for crying out loud
Oct 22, 2016 9:29 PM

Jan 2013
M0HAMEDGAMERX1 said:
clickmaster said:

like i said they missed alot of stuff skipped one of the best arcs and didn't explain alot of major plot points in the story the behilet was the first thing they had to explain in this anime considering half the story revolves around it yet they gave it 0 explanation

the sound effects were shit too like what the hell ? this anime deserves to be better than this

Well that's what you get for having some huge expectation... I was happy to get the good old series back....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2016 5:29 AM
May 2016
clickmaster said:
M0HAMEDGAMERX1 said:

Well that's what you get for having some huge expectation... I was happy to get the good old series back....

i guess i did expect too much
i mean after all its berserk so of course i'm going to set the bar high
Nov 1, 2016 10:50 PM

Apr 2014
Because of the shitty animation. That's it. Do you think people will really continue to watch this shitty CGI shit? No.

Beside its way better to read the manga than to watch this shitty animation.
Dec 5, 2016 3:37 PM
Dec 2014
Good animation is very important in an action anime I would remove 3-4 points for only that.
The cgi is so awful that reading manga would be a lot more enjoyable.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2016

988 by Szymex284 »»
Mar 28, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2016

231 by Qtaro91_original »»
Mar 24, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

181 by Xxbrunoguerra »»
Mar 12, 6:58 PM

» Why does berserk, one of the greatest manga has such a shitty anime adaptation?

IMortaI - Aug 14, 2023

30 by Old_School_Akira »»
Dec 31, 2023 6:37 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2016

118 by Alphanumerische »»
Nov 28, 2023 12:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.