Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
DAYS
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 25, 2016 5:32 PM

Mar 2009
DarkRanger said:
That pathetic loser missed a clear chance 2 meters from the goal line and everyone says it's not his fault.

Reminds me ALOT of what Mkhitaryan did with Dortmund against real madrid tho :P Missed like the 1000000000000% chance of the game to make the important goal and yet Dortmund fans still supported him. Coach changed, Miki played the season of his life with Dortmund, becoming Bundesliga player of the year. Sometimes ppl need stuff like that to happen to advance in life.
Sep 28, 2016 7:32 AM

Feb 2013
Chazy-Chaz said:
DarkRanger said:
That pathetic loser missed a clear chance 2 meters from the goal line and everyone says it's not his fault.

Reminds me ALOT of what Mkhitaryan did with Dortmund against real madrid tho :P Missed like the 1000000000000% chance of the game to make the important goal and yet Dortmund fans still supported him. Coach changed, Miki played the season of his life with Dortmund, becoming Bundesliga player of the year. Sometimes ppl need stuff like that to happen to advance in life.

Yeah man, they supported him because he had played some great matches with Dortmund and one miss, however huge it may be, can't deny that fact. What I'm trying to say by talking shit about the MC is that in real life guys(question mark) like him are only fit to carry the towels maybe. Football is something you need to have in your veins so to speak to become a good footballer. This brat doesn't have a single skill that can be developed in order for him to become a valuable part of his team. And there's no way in hell that he can gain enough skill just by training. You need to have something in you. That's the reality. Some have more than others and are called talents. Others have less and need to work super hard in order to reach the others, but these others also have a ground which they can work on. One more thing - with that shitty physique he has one heavier tackle and he's done with this sport before he's even started. :D
Sep 30, 2016 9:13 AM

Dec 2012
With how things were going, I was expecting a win and focus on the nationals for sure. It was nice to see this parallel between Tsukamoto and Kazama as they've both found a place they want to be for the first time.

This show manages to be corny as all hell and yet drives home inspiring messages. I just loved this quote from Chikako, it made so much sense for where I'm at right now:

"If you truly challenge yourself to achieve something and give it your all, there's nothing in this world that can stop you. It's because people give up halfway through that makes them look like they've failed. Defeat, despair, failure...you've got to swallow it all! Everything is part of your next victory! Nothing is ever in vain! None of your efforts have been in vain!"

Also serious freak out when those guys' faces were plastered to the window. Chikako's reaction is priceless. Calmly measuring out each of their punishments.
Oct 2, 2016 4:37 PM

May 2014
Well, I gotta say hats off. That was a really good episode, whilst I didn't like the obligatory crying and female lead's rant, I really liked the beginning of the episode and it just continued on nicely.
Oct 8, 2016 6:33 AM

Jun 2013
LOL at Mizuki in his white suit. Kazama finally feels like part of a real team, which is why he feels frustrated that they lost. Before, he only played for himself but now he's playing with a team and he kind of feels their pain too. At least, that's what I think.
臭い-
Oct 9, 2016 7:25 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty standard episode showing the aftermath of a loss. This show is still heavy-handed but it was well done for its heavy-handedness. Excellent voice acting from Kazama's voice actor in the club room scene. I also enjoyed seeing Ubukata telling Tsukushi that it's ok to cry. And that last bit with Tsukushi sleeping on her shoulder and the other first years watching on.

Halfway through this series now and not sure if I should continue. I'm sure Tsukushi will be improving in the second half but with the pacing of this show being the way it is, I'm afraid he won't actually do anything significant until the last episode. :( And while I like seeing the internal journey that characters go through, for a sports show, I actually expct to see some physical abilities too!
Nov 6, 2016 2:21 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Tearful episode, why Seiseki was eliminated ; _ ;
Dec 25, 2016 5:22 AM

Jul 2014
Wow... despite the comment I left in the previous episode's thread about how shitty it would be if Tsukushi would still miss that shot, I actually didn't expect he would actually miss it. The goal was wide open in front of him. Oh well... hope he makes up for it the next time somehow. Whether or not he made the shot or not, it still wouldn't have changed my opinion of him anyway, I still don't like him. lol
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Dec 25, 2016 10:52 PM

Jan 2013
An acceptance episode, kind of embarrassing to do that in a diner.
Jan 20, 2017 8:53 AM

Mar 2015
Wow he totally bottled it.. and the burden of being responsible for the loss is completely on him!

Tough but I'm sure it'll build him up
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 23, 2017 11:08 AM

Dec 2014
Today I came to know about the name of a spine crusher move which I have seen many times but never knew what it was called...German Suplex!!

Jul 7, 2017 1:28 PM

Jan 2016
Somebody needs to tell Tsukamoto that football/soccer isn't marathon. Seriosuly, i've never seen him train with a ball up until this point. Ok, he needs to build up stamina, so he can create some kind of superiority on the pitch, i get that, but this is all for nothing if he has no clue how to kick the ball...

Jan 11, 2019 11:48 AM

Nov 2013
Everyone just ignores the fact that this is all fucking coach's fault. This moron used complete newbie as a FORWARD. I mean, what did they even expected?
Oct 16, 2019 5:13 AM

Jul 2015
So they lost after all, I'm not really that suprised seeing that Tsukamoto only started out 3 months ago and didn't do any sports before that

Rip those teammates who saw Tsukamoto and Ubutaka together, may they rest in peace...

Dec 29, 2020 12:31 PM

Jul 2016
Tsukushi better start practicing some ball control and definition after this match. Ironically, that was what Kasahara-senpai was practicing before Tsukushi took his place in the official formation.

By the way, Seiseki should really hire a new coach but guess that won't happen. If there is one person to blame here, that's him for including a newbie in such important competition.

Leaving that aside, I think this was probably the best episode of this first cour. Tsukushi missing the shot despite all the anticipation and hype was still bullshit but at least, the sense of frustration after losing a decisive match was portrayed in a rather satisfactory way.
Nov 12, 2023 9:27 PM

Dec 2019
Bro literally broke down crying in the middle of a restaurant 💀
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2016

67 by vclouted »»
Apr 2, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

67 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 16, 2023 12:34 AM

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

39 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:40 PM

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

47 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:13 PM

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

75 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 15, 2023 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.