Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
DAYS
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 17, 2016 12:44 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's not always easy to accept a loss..

Pretty chill episode. What I found rather interesting about the episode is the background storytelling for Chikako. We also get a glimpse of Kazama's past too. I'm sure these guys will get over their loss soon and get back up to rebuild themselves.

Kazama took that a bit harder than expected though.
Sep 17, 2016 1:27 PM

Apr 2014
Pretty emotional episode

Tsukamoto and Kazuma letting the tears flow

Let the ship sail

OrangeJPSep 17, 2016 1:33 PM

Sep 17, 2016 1:52 PM
Jul 2013
I love that Ubakata doesn't care about making a scene, Tsukamoto should be better off now. I wonder if it will show the guys getting beat up by Ubakata. Also the scene where Mizuki walks their teammate to the train is pretty sad.
Sep 17, 2016 2:00 PM

Feb 2012
Man that miss was lame as hell.

I expected him to miss and I still got disappointed after actually seeing it lol. Pretty standard "getting up after the loss" episode.
Sep 17, 2016 2:30 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Amazing episode. I got sad with them, very well directed and great voice acting.

The episodes without matches are the best.
Sep 17, 2016 2:31 PM
Jul 2018
We get a glimpse of Kazama's past!
Sep 17, 2016 2:46 PM

Aug 2014
come on my dude, This would've been so better if he didn't start crying and trained (not that extreme running shit, im talking actual soccer skills), but no listen to the rude bitch and keep acting wimpy af. I had no problem with you losing the game, it was actually expected but that was an opportunity for you to change. Get jumped or grow a pair fr, ill even donate one of mine to you - Arashi
Sep 17, 2016 3:16 PM

Sep 2008
Well... This happens...
Professional players...
In real life...
and it always hurts...
But... in anime this was so lame...
This was such huge disappointment like...
(Spoiler from Diamond no Ace)

It was like "Oh, c'mon! Seriously?!"

This part with Tsukamoto in cafe...
Hit me with feelings...
Because it reminds me of certain real life player
and I got the same feelings "everyone but only not he"
because it was Tsukamoto it hurts so much,
like he is so precious, awww... protect him at all costs!
Sep 17, 2016 3:20 PM

Dec 2014
Sad episode, Sucks that Tsukushi missed that. I was so hoping he would score it but I guess I knew he would miss it.

This is more of a soccer question but it was clearly Saku High that cleared the ball to the side (Not sure if it was behind the goal or straight ahead) but they don't stop matches when play is still happening near the goal right? Unless Saku High had cleared forward toward the middle line or something the play shouldn't be stopped.

Kazama's break down was the most emotional for me, For the first time in his life he found a place where he truly belonged and did not wanna lose. His breakdown in the club room while trying to erase the board was so well done, Really sad. :(

As for Tsukushi it was a pretty standard pep talk but well done. Typical of him to start blaming himself and nice of Chikako to come cheer him up. :)

Mizuki is the real MVP man, He's been running around trying to cheer up everyone on the team. What a great captain.
That Chikako Tsukushi scene at the end. XD
Sep 17, 2016 3:27 PM

Jan 2016
feels episode.
I agree, you go girl making sure your player(s) aren't boring :^)
Kazama <3 WE LOVE YOU!
Captain got hit too, disappointing his friend's last part of competitive soccer.
...the best part... those three getting engulfed in her aura PogChamp

Sep 17, 2016 3:51 PM

Apr 2016
typical sports shounen i guess not every MC can be Onada kun
Sep 17, 2016 4:06 PM
Nov 2015
Lol I interpreted that scene in the cafe as 'Tsukamoto, I want you to be like yourself and cry, so cry.'

Sep 17, 2016 4:33 PM

Aug 2015
One less anime to watch, I'm just not feeling it anymore.
Sep 17, 2016 4:53 PM

Feb 2013
The typical first season 'almost there' loss for sports anime.

Still, Ubukata's punishment plans for the three idiots was great :D
Sep 17, 2016 5:51 PM
Oct 2007
blase7 said:

I have to agree. I didn't expect them to win the championship but I did expect them as the under dog team to win the preliminary especially against that small jerk on the other team. He had really poor sportsmanship and made fun of them. He deserved to lose.

I lost interest in it now.. to write them as losing the preliminary and not even make it that was just too awful for me. I watch anime for enjoyment not to feel depressed.
Sep 17, 2016 5:57 PM

Jun 2014
I guess the loss was expected, but it sucked seeing how hard it hit them. Kazama and Tsukamoto seemed to be impacted the most, but at least they'll come back stronger.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 17, 2016 7:33 PM

Jul 2007
tsukushi chara design still triggers me every time, like create a generic chara and add red cheeks to make it unique lol
Sep 17, 2016 7:49 PM

Oct 2015
If something of this chapter excited me was definitely crying Kazama. I felt it very strong and moving, more than Tsukushi, that although it was honest, it was more expected than the last.
The post-credit scene to give a touch of comedy to a melancholy chapter, was very good. Excellent midseason.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Sep 17, 2016 10:31 PM

Nov 2012
disappointing that he really missed the shot :/ the episode wasn't too bad besides that though i guess, typical "aftermath of losing the match" ep
Sep 17, 2016 10:44 PM
Oct 2007
Personally for me this is an underrated show. I thought this is a third rate show after watching the first few episodes but this isn't the case. Sure the budget and animation seems low but the execution and direction is top notch in my humble opinion.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2016 1:29 AM

Dec 2013
Well they did well to adapt the chapter. It felt more heart wrenching in the manga though.
Looking forward to the coming training camp, because it's gonna be epic.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 18, 2016 2:17 AM
Dec 2014
So this dude has trained for 3 months and has match experience but still can't score an open goal??? Absolute bullshit imo, the average human being has the motor functions to score a tap in. They made the MC too shit at football and it's really starting to piss me off, his development is taking waaaaay too long I mean we're halfway through and he can't score a tap in?
Sep 18, 2016 3:06 AM

Jul 2016
just what the f, why are you kick it with full power in front of the goal!? just push it so the ball could change its movement direction and you have more accuracy in it.
Usually I got touched with this kind of scene, but no, I'm not sad at all, I know how those feel, but no.
Well, I like those last minutes scene when Tsukamoto slept on Ubukata's shoulder, lol when those three found out and Ubukata imagining beating them all. These last minutes scene really save this episode, rate: It was OK.
Sep 18, 2016 3:26 AM

May 2012
Smudy said:
Amazing episode. I got sad with them, very well directed and great voice acting.

The episodes without matches are the best.

I so agree. Episodes without the matches are well directed so far. Just hope they will work in improving the matches next time since they suck in adapting the games.

Good thing I already read the manga before because I was really disappointed when I read this part of them losing. And Tsukamoto's development is really slow that I want to push him but
Sep 18, 2016 3:30 AM

Mar 2013
F*ck this series. F*ck this series to infinity and beyond.
Sep 18, 2016 4:41 AM

Sep 2008
blase7 said:

Same.

I tried liking it, as a matter of fact, I did like it in the first 8 or so episodes, but there's been barely any progression on main character.

He's still a wimp, he's still incapable of hiting a ball with his foot. I didn't mind silly misses when he first played football, but he's highschooler playing football worse than kindergarten kid.
Yes, now he can run faster, and yes, now he can stop players 1on1 SOMETIMES if stars align. Other than that, he's complete and total liability.

There's an real life NFL player that started playing football when he was in college. Never played it before, didn't even know the rules. I seriously doubt he didn't know how to run or use his hands before he started training football.

Tsukamoto on the other hand seems incapable of doing most basic things.

Slow build up is ok, but Tsukamoto is moving at snails pace and quite frankly, I don't feel like watching him learn how to use his eyes.
Sep 18, 2016 4:41 AM

Aug 2014
What is this... a decent episode of DAYS? That's a first!
The Kazama scenes were predictable, yet effective. Maybe there's still hope for this show.
Sep 18, 2016 6:02 AM

Aug 2015
I tried liking this but I just can't so dropped.
Sep 18, 2016 6:23 AM

Mar 2008
Between the show's messy storytelling, last week's cliffhanger, and now this skip forward, it's hard to feel a genuine impact from the loss. Instead, we're treated to some teary breakdowns - one quick, one awkward, and one enforced.

The most poignant is perhaps the poor extra gone to pasture, but his lack of screen time and cheesy knee-fall train-banging was just so over-the-top. At this point it isn't even sentimentalism - it's emotional haemorrhaging. Kazuma's newfound feelings were intricately described to us - they had to be, because his character, (like the others), has been flat as an airless soccer ball. The traumatised misfit prodigy is a common cliche here, and Kazuma's person just doesn't feel refined beyond his admiration of Tsukushi.

Because Tsukamoto's an idiot, and it'd be too compelling to have him directly grow from such brutal stimulus, we're instead given a wonderful heart-to-heart from his OTP manager-chan. As she's a clever girl, she clearly realises that the easiest way to gain our sympathy is to have our MC release his dammed up POIGNANT feelings. Sharing their common traumas, she breaks down that damn dam with her almighty writer's block. Sayonara guilty days.

You can do anything if you unleash your full soul power. Give it your all and nothing can stop you. ROW ROW DO THE IMPOSSIBLE.
So it wasn't your fault. Now don't be so disgusting and cry already.

And Captain-kun is like, I NO CRY, WE NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWN AGAIN.

This message is all over the place.
CkanSep 18, 2016 6:28 AM
Sep 18, 2016 8:20 AM
Dec 2013
I gave 1/5 because this kind of stupid "Tsukamoto miss the goal RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM" is getting old. How many different ways of miss the goal like that can he still do? I am OK if he missed a penalty shot, long shot, corner shot, opposition stopped the goal or not get the ball in time... Teammate was able to perfectly pass a ball to him, Tsukamoto was not get marked, he run fast enough to get the ball, the goal is wide open and the shot is within penalty shot range... and he "spectacularly" missed it. Did the team really only trained him to run and never teach him how to shoot?
AvusSep 18, 2016 8:30 AM
Sep 18, 2016 9:45 AM

Dec 2015
Kazama's scene destroyed me,so emotional.
Sep 18, 2016 11:43 AM

May 2014
I've held on, hoping for this to improve, but it really is just garbage...

When is someone going to tell Tsukushi that running until you're dead isn't training, and that, yanno, you actually need to be able to kick a ball and know positioning to play football?!

I stand by the fact that the original mangaka mustn't actually have a clue about the game.
Sep 18, 2016 4:05 PM

Feb 2014
I know he's a soccer noob but to miss a wide open goal like that. That's kinda sad...no really sad
Around and around the cycle goes.
Sep 18, 2016 5:20 PM

Oct 2012
I knew it was gonna happen, I knew that intro was a troll and boy it sucks to be right.

Tsukeyo to looked seriously shocked and grief stricken when he missed that open netter, poor guy but hey we still got 12 eps for him to score a goal xD

Chikako x Tsukushi is sailing and I love it. impressive triple kick there Chikako xD
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Sep 18, 2016 9:37 PM

Nov 2012
Perhaps Tsukamoto should try different position that's not a striker.

Oh well, this is it for me anyway.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Sep 19, 2016 5:34 AM
Aug 2016
the best thing i liked on this episode that kazama is really passionate about his team
Sep 19, 2016 8:17 AM
Aug 2015
I saw it coming, episode 11 when they cut Tsukamoto's strike I said "Imagine if he misses" I realized he missed so I laughed my ass off, I would've rated this episode 2/5 if not this, but this episode actually made me laugh so 3/5.
Sep 19, 2016 12:05 PM
Jul 2012
So amazing, all are crybabys xD
Sep 19, 2016 12:22 PM

Nov 2009
That tap-in was so bad...

but the worst part was the referee who blew the whistle on a clearance that was still within the final-third of the pitch.

Should've been a throw-in with one final attack.

Hopefully they reinforce the rules properly for future eps, which I guess it won't.

That last few minute (Ubukata x Tsukamoto) was pretty heartwarming though, kinda liked that.
Sep 20, 2016 12:14 PM

Sep 2014
This was the best episode so far, but unfortunately it lacks the impact it should have had because at this point the show has lost all the goodwill I had for it.

So yeah, I think I'm gonna get off here. I don't see myself watching it for another cour, even though I predict it'll be better.
Sep 21, 2016 8:33 PM

Oct 2008
Tsukamoto! Because of you...Seiseki Team lost! Since you are such a useless guy, go ahead and KILL yourself.
2/5.
EDIT: I'll forgive you Tsukamoto if your team defeat (not Saku) but a Team much stronger than Saku. If still not KILL yourself twice.
matias067Sep 21, 2016 8:52 PM

Sep 23, 2016 2:38 AM

Nov 2010
Just throw the guy out of the team. pfffff. that's was not ok to miss at all. and not believable either.

We could've had a great Anime without this MC.
Sep 23, 2016 7:38 AM

Mar 2009
OrangeJP said:

Let the ship sail

I ship these two hard. This relationship could actually work, since Ubukata's dominant nature brings a nice dynamic.
Sep 24, 2016 6:03 AM
Jul 2018
Boo Seiseki. I'm glad they lost. Seriously, how they think that having Tsukamoto in their team will make them stronger. He's pathetic on any level. Even I, a female with zero experience for soccer would have made that goal. Above that, I don't get it, it simply doesn't make any sense how all the team members are motivated by him. In the end of the day, Kasahara-senpai was the very reasonable choice for team instead Tsukamoto. Jeez! Dumb as heck. Although, soccer is not my favorite sport, I have watched fair number of matches and I'm aware of the rules. What's wrong with the author in the first place? If you're neglecting the rules of a certain sport while writing then your story looses its essentiality. You have no benefit out of that whatsoever. Your story is just one big failure.
Oh, yes...and the comedy in this show is terrible. It's a miss most of the time.
Sep 24, 2016 11:07 AM

Nov 2011
No new episode this week. There's some live action commentary from the cast and stuff.
Sep 24, 2016 1:57 PM

Aug 2015
I loved the last scene. Why not Ubukata x Tsukushi? :)
Sep 24, 2016 8:51 PM
Sep 2016
Come on man. Even professional footballer have a chance to miss that kind of open goal shot (remember torres vs Man U? Not really the same situation but you got the point). All of you can say something like that cause the scene is in slow motion. The real thing is not that slow and even if you miss the timing for a second the outcome will be different
Sep 25, 2016 6:13 AM

Dec 2009
Stark700 said:
No new episode this week. There's some live action commentary from the cast and stuff.

Damn, I was really looking forward to this weeks episode.
Sep 25, 2016 1:52 PM

Mar 2014
Some really nice character animation on that Ubukata triple kick at the end. Hope we'll see some animation like that in an actual soccer match XD
Sep 25, 2016 2:08 PM

Feb 2013
Lol, this is officially one of the crappiest sports anime series I've ever watched in my life! That pathetic loser missed a clear chance 2 meters from the goal line and everyone says it's not his fault. Then whose is it?!? He should have never been part of the 17 players that were chosen for this tournament, but looks like the coach was on drugs or is just inadequate. Furthermore the animation during the matches is a total joke. As if I'm watching a slide show. Terrible work by Mappa. Didn't expect that from them. I'm on the verge of dropping this good for nothing series.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2016

67 by vclouted »»
Apr 2, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

67 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 16, 2023 12:34 AM

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

39 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:40 PM

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

47 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:13 PM

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

75 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 15, 2023 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.